Jump to topic:

Why Cruz is Gaining Momentum

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:45:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I think this article brought up an interesting point, in saying that Trump's "missteps" or gaffes are not the cause of Cruz's growing popularity. Trump's numbers have maintained and if anything improved.

The article states Cruz's appeal is that if Trump doesn't hit 1237, Cruz has done a good job of wooing the delegates and will most likely pick up the nomination at that point.

http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com...

That seems to me to be a following the crowd mentality however, and I wonder how true that is in both parties. Do you think the appeal of Clinton, Trump, Cruz, and Sanders is mostly following the crowd? Jumping on the bandwagon if you will.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 4:43:55 PM
At 4/6/2016 1:45:21 PM, vortex86 wrote:
I think this article brought up an interesting point, in saying that Trump's "missteps" or gaffes are not the cause of Cruz's growing popularity. Trump's numbers have maintained and if anything improved.

The article states Cruz's appeal is that if Trump doesn't hit 1237, Cruz has done a good job of wooing the delegates and will most likely pick up the nomination at that point.

That seems to me to be a following the crowd mentality however, and I wonder how true that is in both parties. Do you think the appeal of Clinton, Trump, Cruz, and Sanders is mostly following the crowd? Jumping on the bandwagon if you will.

Really boils down to the momentum of dirt. Cruz is going to try to sneak in as a dark horse because the media is busy elsewhere.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 3:21:11 AM
At 4/6/2016 4:43:55 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:45:21 PM, vortex86 wrote:

Really boils down to the momentum of dirt. Cruz is going to try to sneak in as a dark horse because the media is busy elsewhere.

People also over hype any loss by Trump. 95 delegates in New York would drastically negate all the "momentum" of Cruz
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:31:48 PM
I'm a Cruz supporter, but I also think he is likely completely delusional to think he can overtake Trump to 1237. He's likely also unfortunately mistaken to think that the republican "machine" will get behind him at the convention when no one reaches 1237.

All of that said, I stand by my support for him as the most constitutional conservative. And I think that is why he is gaining momentum. People are starting to realize that the constitution is actually an important document to go by.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:58:43 PM
At 4/7/2016 4:31:48 PM, RookieApologist wrote:
I'm a Cruz supporter, but I also think he is likely completely delusional to think he can overtake Trump to 1237. He's likely also unfortunately mistaken to think that the republican "machine" will get behind him at the convention when no one reaches 1237.

All of that said, I stand by my support for him as the most constitutional conservative. And I think that is why he is gaining momentum. People are starting to realize that the constitution is actually an important document to go by.

Which is fine, the constitution is being circumvented at every turn by the establishment against the will of the people to the point where we are no longer a nation of laws, and nothing is really enforced fairly, unless you happen to attack the elites... Either Cruz or Trump would make a major dent in that area.

The only real bad thing about Cruz is that he wont make a deal with anyone, so that means by default, nothing is likely to change. That's a bad thing considering our present course.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 5:08:15 PM
At 4/7/2016 4:58:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Which is fine, the constitution is being circumvented at every turn by the establishment against the will of the people to the point where we are no longer a nation of laws, and nothing is really enforced fairly, unless you happen to attack the elites... Either Cruz or Trump would make a major dent in that area.

The only real bad thing about Cruz is that he wont make a deal with anyone, so that means by default, nothing is likely to change. That's a bad thing considering our present course.

Fair enough, but I also find it refreshing to see a candidate who is, for the most part, unwavering in his values and morals. I also find it admirable that he is, again for the most part, doing his job consistent with the principles with which he was elected.

In other words, he ran on a platform in Texas, and he has been consistent with that platform while in the Senate and now.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 9:38:16 PM
At 4/7/2016 5:08:15 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

Fair enough, but I also find it refreshing to see a candidate who is, for the most part, unwavering in his values and morals. I also find it admirable that he is, again for the most part, doing his job consistent with the principles with which he was elected.

In other words, he ran on a platform in Texas, and he has been consistent with that platform while in the Senate and now.

Consistent is bad when it comes to negotiating.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 9:56:18 PM
At 4/7/2016 9:38:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/7/2016 5:08:15 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

http://cdn.history.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 10:04:23 PM
At 4/7/2016 9:56:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:

lol...WE WILL HAVE PEACE IN OUR TIME.....
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 10:13:33 PM
At 4/7/2016 9:56:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall.

Speak what you think now in hard words and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict everything you said today."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson