Jump to topic:

Where Trump wins and what that means

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 6:32:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
An interesting analysis appeared on 538 a couple of days ago. The analysis noted that, for states that award delegates by congressional district, Trump dominates among white enclaves in majority-minority areas. Of the minority-majority districts, Trump has won 88% of them (compared to 65% of white majority areas). It's been noted elsewhere that Trump does very well in areas with high racial tension, which also happen to be the most diverse areas. Anyone want to take some guesses as to why that is?

This is just one more piece of evidence confirming what I long thought--for many, Trump represents not just a chance to destroy the establishment but also a resurgence of white identity politics. I knew this would happen, and it's only going to get worse from here. It should surprise absolutely no one that whites who look around at their formerly homogenous neighborhoods and find themselves a hated minority think "wtf happened?" and cast their ballot for the only candidate who is an immigration restrictionist. If you dislike Trump and what he represents, if he scares you, you should take a long and hard look at what is driving his rise.

If I'm correct (and I always am) the fervor that is driving Trump is only going to intensify and become more widespread among white Americans as time goes on and they find their numbers continually whittled away. It's no coincidence that Trump won Missouri (albeit narrowly), a state that SCREAMS Ted Cruz demographically but which has extremely high racial tension due to the Ferguson riots.

What very few people on this site or elsewhere seem to get is that Trumpism isn't going away. He represents a turning point for the Republican Party which has been for some time the de-facto party of White America. But if you're a leftist, a mainstream Republican, or a libertarian, you don't get to complain: this is the future that you chose.

http://fivethirtyeight.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 6:52:31 PM
At 4/7/2016 6:32:38 PM, thett3 wrote:
An interesting analysis appeared on 538 a couple of days ago. The analysis noted that, for states that award delegates by congressional district, Trump dominates among white enclaves in majority-minority areas. Of the minority-majority districts, Trump has won 88% of them (compared to 65% of white majority areas). It's been noted elsewhere that Trump does very well in areas with high racial tension, which also happen to be the most diverse areas. Anyone want to take some guesses as to why that is?

This is just one more piece of evidence confirming what I long thought--for many, Trump represents not just a chance to destroy the establishment but also a resurgence of white identity politics. I knew this would happen, and it's only going to get worse from here. It should surprise absolutely no one that whites who look around at their formerly homogenous neighborhoods and find themselves a hated minority think "wtf happened?" and cast their ballot for the only candidate who is an immigration restrictionist. If you dislike Trump and what he represents, if he scares you, you should take a long and hard look at what is driving his rise.

If I'm correct (and I always am) the fervor that is driving Trump is only going to intensify and become more widespread among white Americans as time goes on and they find their numbers continually whittled away. It's no coincidence that Trump won Missouri (albeit narrowly), a state that SCREAMS Ted Cruz demographically but which has extremely high racial tension due to the Ferguson riots.

What very few people on this site or elsewhere seem to get is that Trumpism isn't going away. He represents a turning point for the Republican Party which has been for some time the de-facto party of White America. But if you're a leftist, a mainstream Republican, or a libertarian, you don't get to complain: this is the future that you chose.

I find it interesting that candidates on the left pender to nonwhites, and it's okay. Trump is accused of pandering to a race, and he's a racist. It's the "only whites are racists" b.s. on parade. I like Trump because he may be the only one willing to preserve what is left of what makes America great and perhaps prevent some terrorism through preventative medicine.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 6:56:42 PM
People talk about "Muslim rights". The Muslims that are already American citizens have American rights. No other Muslims have American rights just like I have no Pakistanit rights or Iranian rights. This country's great culture isn't Islamic. It's a mix of Judaeo Christian and secular Liberal values. That's it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 7:07:00 PM
At 4/7/2016 6:52:31 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I find it interesting that candidates on the left pender to nonwhites, and it's okay. Trump is accused of pandering to a race, and he's a racist. It's the "only whites are racists" b.s. on parade. I like Trump because he may be the only one willing to preserve what is left of what makes America great and perhaps prevent some terrorism through preventative medicine.

I don't want anyone pandering to whites. I want to live in a nation of equals, not a patchwork of different racial groups forming coalitions against each other...but like I said, this is the future that our political establishment on both sides of the aisle chose and it's only going to get worse.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 7:17:22 PM

Indeed. If the establishment successfully thwarts Trump this election by subverting the expressed will of the voters, all that will guarantee is someone even more "extreme" will take his place and rise next election. Trump's proposal to deport illegals and halt Muslim immigration will look shockingly moderate by future standards. Identity politics are the new norm, and always will be as long as the U.S. continues to embrace multiculturalism. Call it "racism", "bigotry" and "hatred" if you like, but remember, if you support mass immigration, diversity, and/or open borders, you have no one to blame but yourself. You brought about this state of affairs.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 7:20:43 PM
Interesting how this explains the failure of Jeb! as well.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 8:29:00 PM
At 4/7/2016 7:07:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/7/2016 6:52:31 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I don't want anyone pandering to whites. I want to live in a nation of equals, not a patchwork of different racial groups forming coalitions against each other...but like I said, this is the future that our political establishment on both sides of the aisle chose and it's only going to get worse.

It's a rather perplexing issue from a theological viewpoint. The Quran has a dimension that is unlike anything else on Earth. According to the Quran itself, Muslims actually cannot assimilate with us, be friends with us in their heart, or ever accept Democracy. So to do so is to actually violate the constructs and commands of the Quran. It's a book that commands conquest by force and deception. (Look up taqiya, maruna, kitman, tawriya). These are commands in Islam to mask or conceal your identity, blend in with the enemy, deceive the enemy, etc. So do they all feel this way? Probably not. But when it's a core concept in the religion itself, it's a threat to national security. Many ex-Muslims have come out declaring that Islamic "immigration" is actually an invasion. Sure, we don't want to be "bigots" or descriminatory towards a group, but if a large part of the group is hellbent on your destruction, how do you stop a so called "invasion"? All I can think is to keep them out. Sure, I want to coexist, but if a group does not want to coexistwith us,are we ethically able to cut them off? I say yes. Not because I hate them, but because I love us, and want to make sure there is an us in the future.

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:29:30 PM
Areas with lots of minorities are usually poorer and less-educated, and Trump does better among less-educated whites no matter where they live, so this finding is hardly surprising. I'm not saying there isn't more to the story, but this has to be kept in mind.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:50:33 PM
At 4/7/2016 7:17:22 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Indeed. If the establishment successfully thwarts Trump this election by subverting the expressed will of the voters, all that will guarantee is someone even more "extreme" will take his place and rise next election. Trump's proposal to deport illegals and halt Muslim immigration will look shockingly moderate by future standards. Identity politics are the new norm, and always will be as long as the U.S. continues to embrace multiculturalism. Call it "racism", "bigotry" and "hatred" if you like, but remember, if you support mass immigration, diversity, and/or open borders, you have no one to blame but yourself. You brought about this state of affairs.

The only cure to Diversity is Nationalism and a resurgence of embracing the rule of law. (American law, not European law you numnuts...)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:52:21 AM
At 4/7/2016 7:17:22 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this and have said it privately to a few people on this site....Trump is *mild* compared to what you could expect to happen. White people are slated to go from 85% of the population in the 60s to barely 40%, and these people expect there to be no backlash. That is the kind of ethnic replacement that usually doesn't even happen in periods of warfare, and is a massive change...and we aren't even allowed to talk about the implications of it.

And I certainly don't like what's happening, even though I do support Trump. We've been conditioned since childhood to reject racism and thinking along racial lines, but at some point you just have to be realistic. Of course reducing the population which was historically the overwhelming majority of this country to a minority within a lifetime is going to cause some thinking along racial lines, especially when you attack and belittle that population at every turn.

Trump is just the beginning
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:52:40 AM
At 4/7/2016 7:20:43 PM, someloser wrote:

In what way?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:55:04 AM
At 4/7/2016 11:29:30 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Areas with lots of minorities are usually poorer and less-educated, and Trump does better among less-educated whites no matter where they live, so this finding is hardly surprising. I'm not saying there isn't more to the story, but this has to be kept in mind.

Agreed--this definitely isn't the full story. A more compelling theory that I've read is that Trump tends to do well in places with lower social capital which has a strong negative correlation with diversity. Poor communities have also been hit extremely hard in the past couple of decades and the white working class has totally fractured. Charles Murray wrote a good book about this called Coming Apart.

Trump and his followers are angry about the state of the country. If you are doing well and live in an area surrounded by people who are also doing well it's harder to see what there is to be angry about
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 12:59:25 AM
I did a little case study on this in Tarrant County where I grew up, which includes Fort Worth. I found a precinct map of the county from the 2016 primary election...Cruz won the suburbs overwhelmingly (basically every precinct) but Trump carried quite a few precincts in and around Fort Worth, which is exactly what I expected considering it's a pretty diverse city

Okay so it's one tiny example but I thought it was interesting
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:01:27 AM
At 4/8/2016 12:52:40 AM, thett3 wrote:

In what way?
Jeb! is practically the face of the Republican establishment's attempts at nabbing the Hispanic vote (as opposed to taking a wiser strategy). Him and Rubio

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:02:50 AM
It's funny because I would bet almost anything that the guys at 538 who wrote this article did so without any reflection on the broader implications. The most racist candidate is winning whites living in the most diverse areas. Clearly at least some of the people who actually live in diversity don't like it...shouldn't we at least try to figure out what this means before we stop having an ethnic majority in this country?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:03:46 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:02:50 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's funny because I would bet almost anything that the guys at 538 who wrote this article did so without any reflection on the broader implications. The most racist candidate is winning whites living in the most diverse areas.

Who is the most racist candidate? Ted Cruz?

Clearly at least some of the people who actually live in diversity don't like it...shouldn't we at least try to figure out what this means before we stop having an ethnic majority in this country?

Diversity is so dumb.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:04:47 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:03:46 AM, coal wrote:
It's funny because I would bet almost anything that the guys at 538 who wrote this article did so without any reflection on the broader implications. The most racist candidate is winning whites living in the most diverse areas.

Trump is portrayed as and widely considered to be the most racist candidate, regardless of if that's a fair portrayal or not

Clearly at least some of the people who actually live in diversity don't like it...shouldn't we at least try to figure out what this means before we stop having an ethnic majority in this country?

Diversity is so dumb.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:06:11 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:04:47 AM, thett3 wrote:

Trump is portrayed as and widely considered to be the most racist candidate, regardless of if that's a fair portrayal or not

He doesn't seem racist to me. He seems like a blue collar guy that stuck it rich. Ted Cruz seems racist, though.

Diversity is so dumb.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:06:19 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:01:27 AM, someloser wrote:

In what way?
Jeb! is practically the face of the Republican establishment's attempts at nabbing the Hispanic vote (as opposed to taking a wiser strategy). Him and Rubio

Oh, well yeah. And they're going to have a really hard time winning the Hispanic vote, even if their candidate has black hair and an O at the end of his name: http://www.pewresearch.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:06:57 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:06:11 AM, coal wrote:

He doesn't seem racist to me. He seems like a blue collar guy that stuck it rich. Ted Cruz seems racist, though.

Why does Ted Cruz seem racist to you?

Diversity is so dumb.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:09:42 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:06:57 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/8/2016 1:06:11 AM, coal wrote:

Why does Ted Cruz seem racist to you?

The stuff he says about Muslims and arabs, illegal immigration too.... and his weird interest in orthodox jews. It is also about what he doesn't say.

He seems like the kind of guy who would be very comfortable celebrating how all blacks should be enslaved while among his friends.

Diversity is so dumb.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:10:03 AM
It's funny because I would bet almost anything that the guys at 538 who wrote this article did so without any reflection on the broader implications. The most racist candidate is winning whites living in the most diverse areas. Clearly at least some of the people who actually live in diversity don't like it...shouldn't we at least try to figure out what this means before we stop having an ethnic majority in this country?

It means we'll be stuck with a bitter and vicious backlash that sets the US back several decades because the people handling immigration policy f*cked it up the first time around by allowing too much too quickly.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:12:51 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:10:03 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

It means we'll be stuck with a bitter and vicious backlash that sets the US back several decades because the people handling immigration policy f*cked it up the first time around by allowing too much too quickly.

Yep that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it as well. Hopefully we're wrong, but intuitively I don't think so and the evidence we're starting to see with Trump is exactly what you'd expect if we were right
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:20:13 AM
No matter what, in the end, when it comes down to it, the Trump always wins.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:25:05 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:06:19 AM, thett3 wrote:

In what way?

Oh, well yeah. And they're going to have a really hard time winning the Hispanic vote, even if their candidate has black hair and an O at the end of his name: http://www.pewresearch.org...
Mhm. It was a stupid idea from the start
But hey, let's bring in more Hispanics! They should be turning conservative Real Soon Now

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 1:30:21 AM
At 4/8/2016 1:25:05 AM, someloser wrote:
At 4/8/2016 1:06:19 AM, thett3 wrote:

In what way?

Mhm. It was a stupid idea from the start
But hey, let's bring in more Hispanics! They should be turning conservative Real Soon Now

Yah! Great idea to bring in a culture that enjoys monarchies and dictators. Cause Diversity right? Yeah!! Nothing can be better for America than for America to be...watered down...with Diversity...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 3:32:42 AM
The Democrats were very confident that they will win this years election. One of the reasons for this were Jeb Bush and other republicans who still believe that the George Bushes were men that could still win, if they were running this year. However many of the social conservative voters were old when they voted for these guys, and now they are dead.
Trump's entry into the race was a game changer. He is an opponent who is different from the guys they planned on defeating. The strategy they are using is make believe Trump is a racist, and get the majority of voters to believe it .
Trump is in favor of enforcing the law requiring people to get a visa before entering our country. He was also in favor of being careful that any Muslims entering the U,S. are not terrorists.
He does not seem to be afraid to say things about this, which is something the democrats take notice of.
Of course Trump's blonde hair, blue eyes and German name make him seem to be some kind of a NAZI, as does his habit of only marrying Aryan women.
What other characteristics does the Trumpster have that prove he is a racist?
Hey, why does he want to build a wall at the southern border, but not a wall between us and Canada?