Jump to topic:

What's so bad about Trump, really?

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:47:23 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I see a big difference in what the guy says, and what people say that he says. I don't get the impression that he's really a racist or a nazi. I see a lot of propaganda, so what's the real deal? Why wouldn't he be worth a shot? If not him, who else and why?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:50:07 AM
At 4/11/2016 1:47:23 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I see a big difference in what the guy says, and what people say that he says. I don't get the impression that he's really a racist or a nazi. I see a lot of propaganda, so what's the real deal? Why wouldn't he be worth a shot? If not him, who else and why?

ooh don't even get me started
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:51:08 AM
I would encourage you to get started.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:53:36 AM
At 4/11/2016 1:50:07 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

let's just say this: I guy who has such low self esteem that he continues to send letters to a magazine circling the size of his fingers with a gold sharpie-which btw costs the same as any other sharpie-does not and should not be pres
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:03:15 AM
That seems like an odd way of measuring things, but I think it was funny that he would respond to it. Adds kind of a WWE flavor to politics.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:05:48 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:03:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
That seems like an odd way of measuring things, but I think it was funny that he would respond to it. Adds kind of a WWE flavor to politics.

Good analogy, come to think of it. WWE is fake, sexist, gaudy, and appeals to a lot of unintelligent/crazy people-just like Trump
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:06:43 AM
I don't think he sounds crazy or unintelligent.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:08:14 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:06:43 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

a: he does b:I was referring to many of his supporters
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:11:29 AM
I see a lot of propaganda, so what's the real deal?
He says stuff our Reliable Informers don't like.

Why wouldn't he be worth a shot? If not him, who else and why?
Because he won't fellatiate the Cathedral.

If not him, who else and why?
Some Real Conservative like Rubio or Jeb, maybe.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:11:31 AM
Well, he's certainly gaudy, I'll give you that.

I think he'd be a good negotiator. He makes a lot of sense to me. You aren't really convincing me. It doesn't seem like you've put a lot of thought into your opinion.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:13:08 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:08:14 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 2:06:43 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

a: he does b:I was referring to many of his supporters

'I"m telling you, I used to use the word incompetent. Now I just call them stupid. I went to an Ivy League school. I"m very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words...but there is no better word than stupid. Right?'-Trump
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:14:14 AM
I look around and see how people behave. I can't judge the dude for how he chooses to communicate.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:15:13 AM
Actually, I like the way he communicates. I've watched his speeches, and he is very lucid. He is very convincing.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:16:20 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:14:14 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I look around and see how people behave. I can't judge the dude for how he chooses to communicate.

Yes you can, in fact that is one of the most important things you should recognize
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:17:12 AM
I have yet to see compelling evidence of Trump's racism, and he gives me the complete opposite impression by the things he says.
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:18:21 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:17:12 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I have yet to see compelling evidence of Trump's racism, and he gives me the complete opposite impression by the things he says.

He supports having borders and, possibly, stopping mass muslim and hispanic migration to the west (which has been incredibly successful). Basically Hitler.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:18:54 AM
Well--one thing is that he's essentially promoted policies that, in reality, will not be able to bought into fruition; this includes making Mexico pay for a wall reaching 1000 miles, introducing a temporary ban on Muslims, etc.

Another criticism (for some) would be his disregard of global warming--which for obvious reasons, is categorized as a pretty important topic.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:20:05 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:18:54 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Well--one thing is that he's essentially promoted policies that, in reality, will not be able to bought into fruition; this includes making Mexico pay for a wall reaching 1000 miles, introducing a temporary ban on Muslims, etc.

What kind of lunatic would question mass Muslim Migration and propose protecting a border?!

Another criticism (for some) would be his disregard of global warming--which for obvious reasons, is categorized as a pretty important topic.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:20:39 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:17:12 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Ok so... Trump is a salesman. There is no denying it. He has years of experience selling and licencing products, and he shapes his speech around the idea of being approachable, right?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:21:03 AM

He wants to stop people legally coming into the country who are muslim. That is purposely discriminating against people based on nothing but their religion. That directly violates the most fundamental of human rights. Its fvcked up
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:21:28 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:18:54 AM, Emilrose wrote:

"It"s freezing and snowing in New York " we need global warming!"
-Trump
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:21:32 AM
At 4/11/2016 1:53:36 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

let's just say this: I guy who has such low self esteem that he continues to send letters to a magazine circling the size of his fingers with a gold sharpie-which btw costs the same as any other sharpie-does not and should not be pres

Lmao, I saw that too. I think it was john oliver lol
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:22:19 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:21:03 AM, Hayd wrote:

He wants to stop people legally coming into the country who are muslim. That is purposely discriminating against people based on nothing but their religion. That directly violates the most fundamental of human rights. Its fvcked up

And, as anyone from Paris or Brussels will tell you, Muslim immigration is a huge positive for a country. Anyone who questions it just a racist Islamaphobe Hitler.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:22:26 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:21:32 AM, Hayd wrote:

yeeess #makedonalddrumpfagain
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:22:30 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:11:31 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

When you are replying to what someone said, hit reply to post, not add post. That way we know what you are replying to, and the person gets a notification
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:22:43 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:22:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 2:21:32 AM, Hayd wrote:

yeeess #makedonalddrumpfagain

YESSS
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:24:08 AM
I don't get the impression from what I hear Trump saying that he plans on stopping any type of legal immigration. It seems to me like he wants people to immigrate here, but legally. He also seems to me based on the things I heard him say that he realizes there are a lot of problems with how immigration is handled.

Donald Trump does respect national borders, but I'm not sure why that would be wrong. Isn't that just the way things are?
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:25:19 AM
At 4/11/2016 2:24:08 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't get the impression from what I hear Trump saying that he plans on stopping any type of legal immigration. It seems to me like he wants people to immigrate here, but legally. He also seems to me based on the things I heard him say that he realizes there are a lot of problems with how immigration is handled.

Donald Trump does respect national borders, but I'm not sure why that would be wrong. Isn't that just the way things are?

Doesn't that make him literal Hitler????