Jump to topic:

People who say racist are racist

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:21:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
The very people who scream racism all the time are the biggest racists to ever walk the Earth. They themselves either attack their own race, which is racist or blame their problems on the racism of 1946 that hardly anyone remembers. Time to move on folks. Chris Rock did it. George Lopez did it. I did it. Other races aren't your problem. Your own race isn't the problem. YOU are the problem.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:34:42 AM
At 4/12/2016 3:21:45 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The very people who scream racism all the time are the biggest racists to ever walk the Earth. They themselves either attack their own race, which is racist or blame their problems on the racism of 1946 that hardly anyone remembers. Time to move on folks. Chris Rock did it. George Lopez did it. I did it. Other races aren't your problem. Your own race isn't the problem. YOU are the problem.

What is so special about the racism of 1946? Plus generally speaking one does not move on from something until the something stops. Conscious and unconscious bias still impacts African Americans in dramatic fashions. Lastly there were rich blacks during slaves times. Just because some are successful has zero bearing on whether racism exists as a whole.

You are still in this fantasy world where you really think anyone can be anything they want. It is a very naive way to look at the world.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:54:29 AM
What happened in 1946 besides the year after WWII ended?
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:22:22 AM
At 4/12/2016 3:34:42 AM, slo1 wrote:

What is so special about the racism of 1946? Plus generally speaking one does not move on from something until the something stops. Conscious and unconscious bias still impacts African Americans in dramatic fashions. Lastly there were rich blacks during slaves times. Just because some are successful has zero bearing on whether racism exists as a whole.

You are still in this fantasy world where you really think anyone can be anything they want. It is a very naive way to look at the world.

What "biases" are you referring to???
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 5:19:52 AM

Your very convincing argument to all affected people - "get over it" - is understood. So to is your inch-deep understanding of any and every issue you prattle on about.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 6:30:34 AM

I remember you calling liberals racist......Racist.c:
Meh!
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 8:04:44 AM

I hold a slightly similar view, in that racism only exists because we perpetuate the issue in our popular culture. We aren't born racist, but we are taught about different races and then form our own opinion based on our major influencers. If this conversation just ceased to be altogether, then eventually it wouldn't even be a part of our reality.

The problem is that visual differences will always persist, and there will always be that one person somewhere in the world who recognizes those differences as either good or bad.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 8:42:48 AM

Brilliant. Rather than try to rebuild race relations and help rebuild the black community that's been severely affected by the sh;t stain of slavery, let's just act like a little prick and pretend the problem doesn't exist. That'll make everything all fine and dandy.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 1:13:24 PM
I hold a slightly similar view, in that racism only exists because we perpetuate the issue in our popular culture. We aren't born racist, but we are taught about different races and then form our own opinion based on our major influencers. If this conversation just ceased to be altogether, then eventually it wouldn't even be a part of our reality.

The problem is that visual differences will always persist, and there will always be that one person somewhere in the world who recognizes those differences as either good or bad.

+1
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 1:19:31 PM
Brilliant. Rather than try to rebuild race relations and help rebuild the black community that's been severely affected by the sh;t stain of slavery, let's just act like a little prick and pretend the problem doesn't exist. That'll make everything all fine and dandy.

I don't think current issues are derived from slavery. It comes in part to what came after slavery. And that would be minuscule. The Black community specifically needs better leadership. The current leaders who are looked up to are far from positive or even encouraging. They are mainly out for themselves and would rather the situation stay as is because it benefits them. This is a failure on an individual level for each and every black person who finds an excuse to avoid conflict. This is a minority that acts this way, the silent majority is just affected by it. At least in my understanding.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 1:37:00 PM
At 4/12/2016 4:22:22 AM, Runn92 wrote:

I'm not certain I understand your question. Are you denying that people of dark skin are discriminated againt today, despite mountains of social experiments that clearly demonstrate they are?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:15:50 PM
The biggest racist to ever walk the Earth was Rober Wadlow, he was 8'4.......He hated Hispanics. Mainly because they wouldn't let him into their all you can reach for is free in their restaurants 10 foot high buffet table. The expensive steaks and the like we're on top, unreachable by every Mexican
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:17:05 PM
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:19:42 PM
At 4/12/2016 1:37:00 PM, slo1 wrote:

I'm not certain I understand your question. Are you denying that people of dark skin are discriminated againt today, despite mountains of social experiments that clearly demonstrate they are?

No. I'm not. I'm asking what biases, specifically, you are talking about when it comes to this
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:38:02 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 4:19:42 PM, Runn92 wrote:
At 4/12/2016 1:37:00 PM, slo1 wrote:

No. I'm not. I'm asking what biases, specifically, you are talking about when it comes to this

I believe i have clearly stated biases against Black and dark skinned people.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 4:29:37 PM

It's the people who say racists are racist that are racists.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 1:24:31 AM

Despite hard facts to the contrary, Brontoraptor has argued that racism is barely existent in the modern world. When we look at the facts, we see that racism is all but gone. For instance, murderers are more likely to get the death penalty if the victim was white[1], and identical aspiring employees are more likely to be called for an interview if they seem white.[2] Even though Asians are more educated on average, they are heavily underrepresented in high-level positions, even in the Silicon Valley. [3] A survey found that 30% of Black, Asian, or other ethnic minority employees have seen or experienced racial harassment in the workplace in the past month.[4] When you argue that racism is no longer real and that the plight of ethnic minorities can be ignored, you are forgoing facts for emotion.

[1]http://www.amnestyusa.org...
[2]https://www.chicagobooth.edu...
[3]https://en.wikipedia.org...
[4]http://www.ft.com...
:) nac
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:28:41 AM
At 4/12/2016 1:19:31 PM, liltankjj wrote:

I don't think current issues are derived from slavery. It comes in part to what came after slavery.

You just contradicted yourself. The word derive means to comes from something else. Of course issues that followed come from slavery. It's not like slavery ended and everyone just forgot about it and became best buddies.

And that would be minuscule. The Black community specifically needs better leadership.

The main problem that's affected the black community is that for a long time they've been treated as outcasts. Laws have been passed against their interests because the power of government has been often in the hands of the few who have favored their own race over the black community. So the suppression is not recently invented. It still remains from decades ago through a system that's not very welcoming to bold change. And the only way to raise the black community out of poverty is to enact bold change.

The current leaders who are looked up to are far from positive or even encouraging. They are mainly out for themselves and would rather the situation stay as is because it benefits them. This is a failure on an individual level for each and every black person who finds an excuse to avoid conflict. This is a minority that acts this way, the silent majority is just affected by it. At least in my understanding.

Yeah, greed will do that.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:31:20 AM
At 4/12/2016 8:42:48 AM, stealspell wrote:

Slavery ended in 1865. It's now 2016. That's 151 years ago exactly. No one alive today was alive during slavery.

Should the Muslims be forced to repair race relations with the blacks when their ancestors in Turkey perfected the slave trade? Or no?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:32:42 AM
Rather than try to rebuild race relations
There is nothing to rebuild
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:33:44 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:28:41 AM, stealspell wrote:

I don't think current issues are derived from slavery. It comes in part to what came after slavery.

You just contradicted yourself. The word derive means to comes from something else. Of course issues that followed come from slavery. It's not like slavery ended and everyone just forgot about it and became best buddies.

And that would be minuscule. The Black community specifically needs better leadership.

The main problem that's affected the black community is that for a long time they've been treated as outcasts. Laws have been passed against their interests because the power of government has been often in the hands of the few who have favored their own race over the black community. So the suppression is not recently invented. It still remains from decades ago through a system that's not very welcoming to bold change. And the only way to raise the black community out of poverty is to enact bold change.

Bold change such as free market reform that allows for these minorities to be hired, instead of doubling the cost to hire them by making regulations tighter, such as min. wage laws.

Also, how about removing affirmative action, since discriminating against one guy legally to repair the problems with the other isn't just at all, considering affirmative action programs effect those that never had anything to do with the Civil Rights Era, such as myself.

The current leaders who are looked up to are far from positive or even encouraging. They are mainly out for themselves and would rather the situation stay as is because it benefits them. This is a failure on an individual level for each and every black person who finds an excuse to avoid conflict. This is a minority that acts this way, the silent majority is just affected by it. At least in my understanding.

Yeah, greed will do that.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:40:12 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:31:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Slavery ended in 1865. It's now 2016. That's 151 years ago exactly. No one alive today was alive during slavery.

Should the Muslims be forced to repair race relations with the blacks when their ancestors in Turkey perfected the slave trade? Or no?

Non sequitur. The state of the black community in the United States of America is a result of a repression by the white majority over many decades. Laws over many decades have been passed which have never brought about the fundamental change needed to repair the damages of slavery and its aftermath but have merely tried to form artificial equality in an already significantly economically deprived community.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:41:12 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:40:12 AM, stealspell wrote:
The state of the black community in the United States of America is a result of a repression by the white majority over many decades.
Not entirely.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:42:06 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:32:42 AM, someloser wrote:

Yeah, if you're racist.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:42:26 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:41:12 AM, someloser wrote:
The state of the black community in the United States of America is a result of a repression by the white majority over many decades.
Not entirely.

But mostly.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:43:30 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:42:06 AM, stealspell wrote:

Yeah, if you're racist.
There were no positive race relations to begin with. Though they're certainly a bit better today. Would you rather bring the old ones back?

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:43:52 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:31:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Non sequitur. The state of the black community in the United States of America is a result of a repression by the white majority over many decades. Laws over many decades have been passed which have never brought about the fundamental change needed to repair the damages of slavery and its aftermath but have merely tried to form artificial equality in an already significantly economically deprived community.

Except most statistical analysis proves this assertion to be abased and false. In most studies done, such as the one I will link down below, affirmative action and anti poverty programs have hurt blacks especially more than they've helped them, and making laws to discourage one group that never deserved any of this vs. uplifting another is not a good form of retributive justice, which is never a moral or just action in the first place.

http://www.slate.com...

http://www.nydailynews.com...

http://www.businessinsider.com...

http://www.allenbwest.com...

https://newrepublic.com...

http://www.theatlantic.com...

http://www.nationalreview.com...

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:44:30 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:42:06 AM, stealspell wrote:

Yeah, if you're racist.

Not an argument at all. Don't just negate someone's premise because "it's racist". You're too old to act like an SJW.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:45:07 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:42:26 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:41:12 AM, someloser wrote:
Not entirely.

But mostly.

So then you just backpedaled on your statement, which was previously an argument about entirety, right?

stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:46:49 AM
At 4/14/2016 4:33:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:28:41 AM, stealspell wrote:

Bold change such as free market reform that allows for these minorities to be hired, instead of doubling the cost to hire them by making regulations tighter, such as min. wage laws.

We're suppose to cross our fingers and hope corporations will be benevolent enough to hire black men and women. Oh, that's right, they're already rejecting them right now because they have a criminal record, even for the possession of marijuana.

Also, how about removing affirmative action, since discriminating against one guy legally to repair the problems with the other isn't just at all, considering affirmative action programs effect those that never had anything to do with the Civil Rights Era, such as myself.

Affirmative action doesn't go far enough.