Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump's ban on Muslims makes sense

Vales_Dales
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.
Vales_Dales
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:14:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.

By allowing Muslims to enter the US, we would be allowing terrorists to destroy American values. We have no Muslim allies. Saudi Arabia wants to kill us.

Banning Muslim immigration is the way to go. By doing so, we are defending our human right to safety.

Muslims do not agree with our American values.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:22:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.

Our Muslim allies are simply our allies because we have a large military presence in their nations and because of oil trading. We don't require an alliance with backwards and dogmatic nations such as Saudi Arabia, and we certainly should not give up self preservation for the purpose of diversity.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:23:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:14:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.

By allowing Muslims to enter the US, we would be allowing terrorists to destroy American values. We have no Muslim allies. Saudi Arabia wants to kill us.

Banning Muslim immigration is the way to go. By doing so, we are defending our human right to safety.

Muslims do not agree with our American values.

A. Ok, you know the mindset of the Saudi Arabian goverbment. No, they don't want to kill us, they want to maintain their power (olitically and economically) in the region. Islamic terrorists threaten that stability. Saudi Arabia is already facing rising conflict with Iran. Support from the US could possibly make or break that deadlock.

B. Someone who thinks that an outsider can solve someone's own problem is mistaken. The only way ISIS will be completely wiped out is if other Muslims take initiative. They cannot beat them, however, without our support. These countries provide us with valuable intelligence and strategic bases.

C. Do you think banning Muslims will do anything but increase the membership of ISIS? They cry that Americans hate Muslims. Now it would be really true.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:11:41 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

How are you proposing to do this? Muslims, right? Do you think they have tattoos on their foreheads?
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:03:50 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:11:41 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

How are you proposing to do this? Muslims, right? Do you think they have tattoos on their foreheads?

No, it's on the chin. There's a reason Muslim men have beards, it's to hide our designated tattoos (tattoo doesn't grow on boys until they get beards, so we can't track the moose limb youth :/)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Runn92
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:06:06 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Why don't we ban Muslim Immigration AND end involvement in all Muslim countries who don't pose a clear and direct threat to us? Or is that too radical an idea
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:09:55 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:03:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:11:41 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

How are you proposing to do this? Muslims, right? Do you think they have tattoos on their foreheads?

No, it's on the chin. There's a reason Muslim men have beards, it's to hide our designated tattoos (tattoo doesn't grow on boys until they get beards, so we can't track the moose limb youth :/)

Good note Penguin. Good to know.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Runn92
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:50:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Why is this a bad idea??
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:06:29 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.

And if a muslim is going to be banned just for saying they are a muslim, what happens when they merely claim they are not a muslim ?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:08:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:06:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.

And if a muslim is going to be banned just for saying they are a muslim, what happens when they merely claim they are not a muslim ?

I think Trump's rationale is that he doesn't care whether they lie or not, but there have been studies that try to discern, to be blunt, "what a terrorist looks like".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:09:52 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:08:10 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:06:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.

And if a muslim is going to be banned just for saying they are a muslim, what happens when they merely claim they are not a muslim ?

I think Trump's rationale is that he doesn't care whether they lie or not, but there have been studies that try to discern, to be blunt, "what a terrorist looks like".

So now we have gone from ban all muslims to ban who looks like a terrorist.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:11:25 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
In a world where white males frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban white males because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some white males are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists into schools, theaters and churches. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should deport all white males to prevent terrorism.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:11:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:09:52 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:08:10 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:06:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.

And if a muslim is going to be banned just for saying they are a muslim, what happens when they merely claim they are not a muslim ?

I think Trump's rationale is that he doesn't care whether they lie or not, but there have been studies that try to discern, to be blunt, "what a terrorist looks like".

So now we have gone from ban all muslims to ban who looks like a terrorist.

I don't think we're "going" anywhere. Because Trump's rationale is that the latter is the former (Muslims look like terrorists).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 11:05:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:11:43 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:09:52 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:08:10 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:06:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.

And if a muslim is going to be banned just for saying they are a muslim, what happens when they merely claim they are not a muslim ?

I think Trump's rationale is that he doesn't care whether they lie or not, but there have been studies that try to discern, to be blunt, "what a terrorist looks like".

So now we have gone from ban all muslims to ban who looks like a terrorist.

I don't think we're "going" anywhere. Because Trump's rationale is that the latter is the former (Muslims look like terrorists).
--
If one really wanted to be a bastard, and actually prevent Muslims from entering the US, you could get potential migrants to swear an oath that 'Muhammad is not God's Prophet and the Quran is not the World of God.' You could go even further and get them to make a statement like 'Islam is a false religion, and Muhammad was a mad-man and a charlatan.'
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 12:06:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 11:05:19 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:11:43 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:09:52 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:08:10 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:06:29 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:01:33 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Ban anyone who is a Muslim who is from terrorist hot-spots like Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Iran, maybe still Afghanistan, and others probably.

And if a muslim is going to be banned just for saying they are a muslim, what happens when they merely claim they are not a muslim ?

I think Trump's rationale is that he doesn't care whether they lie or not, but there have been studies that try to discern, to be blunt, "what a terrorist looks like".

So now we have gone from ban all muslims to ban who looks like a terrorist.

I don't think we're "going" anywhere. Because Trump's rationale is that the latter is the former (Muslims look like terrorists).
--
If one really wanted to be a bastard, and actually prevent Muslims from entering the US, you could get potential migrants to swear an oath that 'Muhammad is not God's Prophet and the Quran is not the World of God.' You could go even further and get them to make a statement like 'Islam is a false religion, and Muhammad was a mad-man and a charlatan.'

And then all the US Muslim citizens wonder why they are living here.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
slo1
Posts: 4,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 12:45:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:56:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:49:20 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:47:36 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:45:36 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:38:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Because if an Islamic terrorist was immigrating they wouldn't just lie and say they are a christian right ?

If he looks Arabic I'm pretty sure no one's going to buy that.

So now a muslims ban becomes a ban anyone who looks arabic ?

Isn't it generally a ban on any immigrant coming from the Middle East?

So now we have gone from muslims, to anyone who looks arabic to ban anyone from the middle east ?

Might as well ban everyone and really tighten up security. Oh, well 5 year old girls seem peaceful. They can come.
slo1
Posts: 4,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 12:53:15 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
The most alarming thing about this post is the lack of awareness of what it really means to make America secure. Too much focus on eliminating San Bernardino style attacks and not enough on steal or control Pakistani nuks and NUK us. Everyone who wants to make 1.3 billion muslims including those who control resources and gov hate us need to open their eyes to the entire threat.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:34:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Here is the problem with Trumps plan
1) His ban is plainly unconstitutional, violating the first amendment and the due process clause. Don't take it from me, take it from numerous legal experts
http://balkin.blogspot.com...
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.usnews.com...
https://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.nbcnews.com...
2) His Ban on Muslims would ban foreign diplomats, heads of state and UN officials, which would be an obvious problem, and it would make it impossible for us to do work with nations with significant Muslim populations.
3) Muslims who are legal residents, including tourists, businessmen, and students would all need to be deported, and this has been acknowledged by the Trump campaign.
4) According to the Trump campaign, Muslims with US citizenship who go abroad would be banned from re-entry. This means that if you are a US citizen who is studying in the UK, or an American Tourist visiting Spain or if you are an American Muslim who is attending your cousin's wedding in Jordan, you would be banned from re-entering the US, without due process or criminal charges. It's just because you are a Muslim. That is unconstitutional in the highest order. It would also make it so that American Muslims would essentially be prisoners in the US, unable to travel abroad for fear of being denied re-entry.
5) Every ISIS related attack that has taken place in the US has been ISIS-inspired, but not directed, lone wolf attacks and all of the attackers or conspirators have been US citizens, not foreigners coming to the US to commit attacks. Since 9/11, foreign attacks on the US have simply not taken place, therefore, a ban makes no sense.
6) To quote Ben Franklin, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." You say that we cannot let PC get in the way of security, but if this is the case, then we deserve neither liberty nor security.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:36:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:22:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.

Our Muslim allies are simply our allies because we have a large military presence in their nations and because of oil trading. We don't require an alliance with backwards and dogmatic nations such as Saudi Arabia, and we certainly should not give up self preservation for the purpose of diversity.

Bigotry aside, I do agree we need to stop calling Saudi Arabia an "ally". Not only are they running their nation like Medieval France, they are also a main financier of terrorist groups, LIKE ISIS.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:46:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:11:25 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
In a world where white males frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban white males because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some white males are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists into schools, theaters and churches. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should deport all white males to prevent terrorism.

+1
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:54:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:36:13 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:22:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.

Our Muslim allies are simply our allies because we have a large military presence in their nations and because of oil trading. We don't require an alliance with backwards and dogmatic nations such as Saudi Arabia, and we certainly should not give up self preservation for the purpose of diversity.

Bigotry aside, I do agree we need to stop calling Saudi Arabia an "ally". Not only are they running their nation like Medieval France, they are also a main financier of terrorist groups, LIKE ISIS.

I agree, but what bigotry would be present in refusing to create alliances with Muslim countries, which are largely backwards nations?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:11:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:54:16 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:36:13 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:22:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:11:43 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:05:43 AM, Vales_Dales wrote:
In a world where Islamic extremists frequently terrorize our Western society, giving up our Western values for politically-correct so-called "equality" would mean compromising our national security. We must temporarily ban Muslim immigration because of the threat of terrorism.

Yes, I know that some Muslims are good people. However, that doesn't mean we should let terrorists in. You cannot make a foolproof way of knowing if someone's a terrorist. We thus should ban Muslim immigration to prevent terrorism.

Or you prevent any immigrant from war torn regions entering into the US. Banning Muslim immigration, even temporarily, will alienate our Muslim allies even further.

Our Muslim allies are simply our allies because we have a large military presence in their nations and because of oil trading. We don't require an alliance with backwards and dogmatic nations such as Saudi Arabia, and we certainly should not give up self preservation for the purpose of diversity.

Bigotry aside, I do agree we need to stop calling Saudi Arabia an "ally". Not only are they running their nation like Medieval France, they are also a main financier of terrorist groups, LIKE ISIS.

I agree, but what bigotry would be present in refusing to create alliances with Muslim countries, which are largely backwards nations?

If you have a set of values, then you are a bigot. If you deem Muslim nations as backwards countries, you are a bigot by definition.

Just embrace the label, it means you stand for something.

Only people with no values are truly non bigoted.