Jump to topic:

Divisive candidates must leave the race

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:12:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
The Republican Party must stand united and encourage divisive presidential candidates to drop out. The base deserves someone that they can support.

That's why Ted Cruz needs to leave.

In the latest CBS poll, out today, only 31% of GOP voters would enthusiastically support Cruz as opposed to 41% for Trump. If Cruz were the nominee, 42% of GOP voters would support him only because he's the nominee or opt to not support him at all...compared with only 33% saying the same for Trump--a man who has been attacked by the entire party apparatus since June. Despite a month long attempt and tens of millions of dollars spent by the GOP elite to rehabilitate Cruz's image, Republican voters just don't want him as the nominee.

Trump demolishes Cruz head to head, 48-38. Trump easily beats Cruz on every issue. The only way Cruz can win is through a brokered convention, a process that 63% of voters disapprove of. Can he just drop out already?

Stop trying to make Ted happen. It's not going to happen.

https://www.scribd.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:16:33 PM
Cruz wont drop out because Kasich hasnt dropped out, who is polling far worse than Cruz is.... Cruz will make the argument that if Kasich drops out, he'll get his support, and therefore wont drop out before Kasich does. (I know I said the same thing about Rubio and Kasich, and then Rubio dropped out first, but theres no way thats going to happen twice in one race)

Cruz also is the only non-Trump candidate to win multiple states as well, which Kasich cant claim, so Cruz has that argument to not drop out as well.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:40:41 PM
Relevant: http://www.debate.org...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 9:16:42 PM
In general, I'm amazed at how stupid Democrats are acting. They are switching parties to vote against Trump, and therefore making it more likely that the Democrats will lose in the general election.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 3:56:13 AM
At 4/14/2016 9:16:42 PM, YYW wrote:
In general, I'm amazed at how stupid Democrats are acting. They are switching parties to vote against Trump, and therefore making it more likely that the Democrats will lose in the general election.

The idea that Cruz is more electable than Trump is laughable, irrespective of the current polling. The only reason Cruz does better in the polls than Trump is because he has had barely any scrutiny applied to him...Trump on the other hand has been under relentless assault from all sides since June. That Cruz *still* can't beat Trump shows what a weak candidate he really is

A more interesting phenomenon is how Kasich almost always DEMOLISHES Clinton in the polls. I'm talking double digit leads. My personal theory is that this is due to Sanders supporters who are taken in by his "golly gee I'm such a nice guy" act and say they'll support him without actually knowing his policies. But who knows...he could just actually be a strong candidate
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:37:47 AM
At 4/15/2016 3:56:13 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 9:16:42 PM, YYW wrote:

The idea that Cruz is more electable than Trump is laughable, irrespective of the current polling. The only reason Cruz does better in the polls than Trump is because he has had barely any scrutiny applied to him...Trump on the other hand has been under relentless assault from all sides since June. That Cruz *still* can't beat Trump shows what a weak candidate he really is

A more interesting phenomenon is how Kasich almost always DEMOLISHES Clinton in the polls. I'm talking double digit leads. My personal theory is that this is due to Sanders supporters who are taken in by his "golly gee I'm such a nice guy" act and say they'll support him without actually knowing his policies. But who knows...he could just actually be a strong candidate

Have you seen Sam Bee's takedowns of Cruz? Fvcking brutal.

If Cruz got the nomination, the ties to those insane religious groups would tank him.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -