1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:35:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

New York. Fvck their values.

Cruz is polling third in New York. Trump is hovering around 53. Who does he go after? Kasich - so he could possibly claim second. What's the problem with that? New York has a winner-take-all threshold of 50%. So Cruz's moves in New York to slam Kasich might just stop his own Never Trump movement.

Irony.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:37:32 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:35:23 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Cruz is polling third in New York. Trump is hovering around 53. Who does he go after? Kasich - so he could possibly claim second. What's the problem with that? New York has a winner-take-all threshold of 50%. So Cruz's moves in New York to slam Kasich might just stop his own Never Trump movement.

Irony.

Literally the only person in this current campaign who I haven't heard crap about is Kasich, other than him not being popular enough to win. But from what I've heard, a lot of people wouldn't mind him being elected.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:38:45 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:37:32 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Irony.

Literally the only person in this current campaign who I haven't heard crap about is Kasich, other than him not being popular enough to win. But from what I've heard, a lot of people wouldn't mind him being elected.

Only Rubio and Cruz have gone after him, with some extreme irony thrown in there.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:40:14 PM
Trump needs to win around 58% of the remaining delegates to clinch the nomination. If he doesn't win all of New York, a contested convention is more or less assured. But if he does get 50% in his home state, he's much, much closer.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:41:14 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:38:45 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Irony.

Only Rubio and Cruz have gone after him, with some extreme irony thrown in there.

Sorry, not a politic person...what's exactly so ironic about it (not in a "how is that ironic! The idea is great!"...more of a "what is he doing...that makes it ironic?").
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:47:31 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:41:14 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Irony.

Sorry, not a politic person...what's exactly so ironic about it (not in a "how is that ironic! The idea is great!"...more of a "what is he doing...that makes it ironic?").

He's attacking the guy in second place rather than the guy way out in first place, and only who finishes in first matters..... Imagine if a lightbulb in the kitchen is flickering, and theres also a gang shootout between two gangs in the living room, Cruz is essentially addressing the flickering lightbulb first, when the shootout in the other room is clearly where he should be focusing his attention
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:47:45 PM

Irony.

Because he's the only reason Trump might not clinch the nomination before a convention, but they would apparently rather preserve their ego than have someone else achieve their political goal.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:48:36 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:47:31 PM, imabench wrote:

Irony.

He's attacking the guy in second place rather than the guy way out in first place, and only who finishes in first matters..... Imagine if a lightbulb in the kitchen is flickering, and theres also a gang shootout between two gangs in the living room, Cruz is essentially addressing the flickering lightbulb first, when the shootout in the other room is clearly where he should be focusing his attention

I didn't think that made much sense, either. Why go for the lower guy who apparently "has little to no chance" instead of the guy who's clearly doing better than you?

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:54:53 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:40:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Trump needs to win around 58% of the remaining delegates to clinch the nomination. If he doesn't win all of New York, a contested convention is more or less assured. But if he does get 50% in his home state, he's much, much closer.

I'm still skeptical of the brokered convention thing panning out for a few reasons....

First, 58% is not as difficult as it sounds considering how the delegate rules almost always privilege the overall winner.

Trump will easily get far more than 58% of the delegates being allocated this month. Moreover people are forgetting about the Pennsylvania delegates. Pennsylvania allocates its delegates using a breathtakingly stupid system where voters select the individual delegates but there is no indication for who these delegates actually support. Luckily, the majority of those running say they will support whoever wins the state or their district. That's 54 delegates and he has a good shot at picking up at least a few dozen of them. There are also going to be around 200 unbound delegates that Trump can poach.

This season on both sides has proven that momentum doesn't really mean anything, but if there is *anything* that will cause a candidate to deflate, getting virtually no delegates out of 6 contests and then being mathematically eliminated from getting a majority is it. There's a significant chunk of Cruz supporters who don't want a brokered convention. They want him to win fair and square and it's an open question of how they're going to behave when the only way Cruz can win is by taking the nomination from the man who obviously has a much stronger claim to it.

Finally, the money men don't want a brokered convention. There are only a few who are funding anti-Trump superpacs, the majority are quietly sitting on the sidelines at this point. The #NeverTrump people are usually middle management true believer kinds. The proletariat doesn't want a brokered convention (and is backing Trump for the most part) and the moneymen who have the most power aren't willing to sacrifice the entire party infrastructure and lose millions of voters just because Trump disagrees with them on some things. A really good article about Karl Rove's superpac came out recently:

"The apparent warming of the American Crossroads super PAC and its sister groups to Trump has become evident in its recent communications with donors, including a Tuesday afternoon "investor conference call," according to multiple sources familiar with the outreach.

The phone call " which featured Rove, Crossroads officials and a pollster " laid out swing state polling and electoral map analysis done by the group showing circumstances in which Trump could beat Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner, in a general election, according to three sources briefed on the call.
One source, a high-level operative with the Koch brothers" conservative advocacy network, characterized the conversation as heralding "a softening of the anti-Trump position" within the big-money GOP establishment. The source added of Crossroads" stance on Trump, "It's not that they support him, only that if he's the guy, we can do something to stop Hillary.""

http://www.politico.com...

This is why a top GOP official recently said that Trump would win the nomination if he gets around 1100 delegates which he almost certainly will. This brokered convention talk is a mix of desperate hope from the cuckservatives and a bored media that needs a narrative. Trump still has this thing virtually locked up imo
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 6:57:15 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:54:53 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 6:40:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I'm still skeptical of the brokered convention thing panning out for a few reasons....

First, 58% is not as difficult as it sounds considering how the delegate rules almost always privilege the overall winner.

Trump will easily get far more than 58% of the delegates being allocated this month. Moreover people are forgetting about the Pennsylvania delegates. Pennsylvania allocates its delegates using a breathtakingly stupid system where voters select the individual delegates but there is no indication for who these delegates actually support. Luckily, the majority of those running say they will support whoever wins the state or their district. That's 54 delegates and he has a good shot at picking up at least a few dozen of them. There are also going to be around 200 unbound delegates that Trump can poach.

This season on both sides has proven that momentum doesn't really mean anything, but if there is *anything* that will cause a candidate to deflate, getting virtually no delegates out of 6 contests and then being mathematically eliminated from getting a majority is it. There's a significant chunk of Cruz supporters who don't want a brokered convention. They want him to win fair and square and it's an open question of how they're going to behave when the only way Cruz can win is by taking the nomination from the man who obviously has a much stronger claim to it.

Finally, the money men don't want a brokered convention. There are only a few who are funding anti-Trump superpacs, the majority are quietly sitting on the sidelines at this point. The #NeverTrump people are usually middle management true believer kinds. The proletariat doesn't want a brokered convention (and is backing Trump for the most part) and the moneymen who have the most power aren't willing to sacrifice the entire party infrastructure and lose millions of voters just because Trump disagrees with them on some things. A really good article about Karl Rove's superpac came out recently:

"The apparent warming of the American Crossroads super PAC and its sister groups to Trump has become evident in its recent communications with donors, including a Tuesday afternoon "investor conference call," according to multiple sources familiar with the outreach.

The phone call " which featured Rove, Crossroads officials and a pollster " laid out swing state polling and electoral map analysis done by the group showing circumstances in which Trump could beat Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner, in a general election, according to three sources briefed on the call.
One source, a high-level operative with the Koch brothers" conservative advocacy network, characterized the conversation as heralding "a softening of the anti-Trump position" within the big-money GOP establishment. The source added of Crossroads" stance on Trump, "It's not that they support him, only that if he's the guy, we can do something to stop Hillary.""

http://www.politico.com...

This is why a top GOP official recently said that Trump would win the nomination if he gets around 1100 delegates which he almost certainly will. This brokered convention talk is a mix of desperate hope from the cuckservatives and a bored media that needs a narrative. Trump still has this thing virtually locked up imo

I don't think that Trump won't ultimately win - but if Cruz was really interested in giving him as much trouble as he can, he would go after Trump instead of Kasich.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 7:02:00 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:48:36 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Irony.

I didn't think that made much sense, either. Why go for the lower guy who apparently "has little to no chance" instead of the guy who's clearly doing better than you?

exactly
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 7:05:13 PM
At 4/14/2016 6:57:15 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I don't think that Trump won't ultimately win - but if Cruz was really interested in giving him as much trouble as he can, he would go after Trump instead of Kasich.

His ego will cost him more than the nomination, it will cost him his political career. I figured that this campaign was more of an attempt to create a base for a future run than it was an attempt to actually win, but boy was I wrong and I think this campaign and fighting so fervently against the movement that clearly represents the future of the party will hold him back for a long time to come. He totally sacrificed his outsider status. He's an insider who can rarely beat Trump at the ballot box, and instead has to beat him at closed caucuses that are designed to suppress turnout or among party insiders at conventions.

If he'd kept his bromance with Trump going, rather than succumbing to his ego, he could've been on the Supreme Court for 40 years. But he just had to try to stump the Trump.

Screw Lyin' Ted
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 7:20:12 PM
At 4/14/2016 7:05:13 PM, thett3 wrote:

His ego will cost him more than the nomination, it will cost him his political career.

Oh please.... Just look at some of the past candidates who finished second place in a primary have ended up..... In 2008 when McCain won and the guy who finished second to him was Romney, who later went on in 2012 to almost become president himself. McCain himself finished second in 2000 to George W Bush, and he's still in Arizona 15 years later. On the Dem side Obama won in 2008 and the person who finished second to him, Hillary, is now likely to be elected the next president...... Sanders will likely finish second and still stay in Vermont as long as his old bones can support his weight, and thats just people who finished in second place. Rubio will find something to do in Florida, probably Governor in 2018, and i bet that Paul Ryan runs for something bigger in his future after becoming Speaker of the House

I figured that this campaign was more of an attempt to create a base for a future run than it was an attempt to actually win,

Probably

but boy was I wrong and I think this campaign and fighting so fervently against the movement that clearly represents the future of the party will hold him back for a long time to come.

The GOP party cant hold anybody back, if they could then Trump and Cruz wouldnt be doing as well as they are and Kasich wouldnt be their last horse in the race actually on their side.

He totally sacrificed his outsider status. He's an insider

Cruz is not an insider. Dont be silly.

who can rarely beat Trump at the ballot box, and instead has to beat him at closed caucuses that are designed to suppress turnout or among party insiders at conventions.

If he'd kept his bromance with Trump going, rather than succumbing to his ego, he could've been on the Supreme Court for 40 years.

Hell he could have become VP and then run again in the future after Trumps candidacy flaked out or his term ended.

But he just had to try to stump the Trump.

Screw Lyin' Ted

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 7:28:48 PM
At 4/14/2016 7:20:12 PM, imabench wrote:

His ego will cost him more than the nomination, it will cost him his political career.

Oh please.... Just look at some of the past candidates who finished second place in a primary have ended up..... In 2008 when McCain won and the guy who finished second to him was Romney, who later went on in 2012 to almost become president himself. McCain himself finished second in 2000 to George W Bush, and he's still in Arizona 15 years later. On the Dem side Obama won in 2008 and the person who finished second to him, Hillary, is now likely to be elected the next president...... Sanders will likely finish second and still stay in Vermont as long as his old bones can support his weight, and thats just people who finished in second place. Rubio will find something to do in Florida, probably Governor in 2018, and i bet that Paul Ryan runs for something bigger in his future after becoming Speaker of the House

Yea but I don't think Cruz is satisfied with being the senator who is a thorn in the side of everyone else. This campaign in my mind proved that it was just a schtick and that he had bigger plans. When I say his career is over, that's what I mean, not that he's going to lose his senate seat...but it's always possible that he comes back in a big way. I just dont see it, though

I figured that this campaign was more of an attempt to create a base for a future run than it was an attempt to actually win,

Probably

but boy was I wrong and I think this campaign and fighting so fervently against the movement that clearly represents the future of the party will hold him back for a long time to come.

The GOP party cant hold anybody back, if they could then Trump and Cruz wouldnt be doing as well as they are and Kasich wouldnt be their last horse in the race actually on their side.

He may as well be--he only isn't a member of the establishment in good standing because he's been a massive d1ck and alienated everyone. It's weird but right now he basically is the establishment candidate. Kasich is just kind of irrelevant. Look at his numbers in the Northeast, and then remember that the Northeast is one of his strongest areas by far

who can rarely beat Trump at the ballot box, and instead has to beat him at closed caucuses that are designed to suppress turnout or among party insiders at conventions.

If he'd kept his bromance with Trump going, rather than succumbing to his ego, he could've been on the Supreme Court for 40 years.

Hell he could have become VP and then run again in the future after Trumps candidacy flaked out or his term ended.

Yea, pretty much. Or if he didn't want to taint his career by being Trump's VP, which would obviously be very risky, he could've at least stuck to his position of being the only guy to not fervently attack Trump. He got himself a ton of credit from Trump voters by doing this....and he threw it away so that he could potentially win a brokered convention and then lose the general election

But he just had to try to stump the Trump.

Screw Lyin' Ted
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 9:15:43 PM

Irony.

It is fitting that Cruz's fate will be decided in New York.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 9:35:17 PM
At 4/14/2016 9:15:43 PM, YYW wrote:

Irony.

New York Values....
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 9:43:49 PM
At 4/14/2016 9:35:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Irony.

New York Values....

I like New York values, except the fvcking college kids.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 10:18:25 PM
At 4/14/2016 9:43:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/14/2016 9:35:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Irony.

New York Values....

I like New York values, except the fvcking college kids.

I do too. New York. When integrating diversity used to be a good thing.

Long ago.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:12:57 AM

Irony.

"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:54:58 AM
At 4/14/2016 7:28:48 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 7:20:12 PM, imabench wrote:

Yea but I don't think Cruz is satisfied with being the senator who is a thorn in the side of everyone else. This campaign in my mind proved that it was just a schtick and that he had bigger plans. When I say his career is over, that's what I mean, not that he's going to lose his senate seat...but it's always possible that he comes back in a big way. I just dont see it, though

This is TEXAS we're talking about though, a state that for 20 years was under authority from George W Bush and Rick Perry...... Cruz will be more than able to make a run for governor in Texas if he cant get anywhere in this election cycle.

He may as well be--he only isn't a member of the establishment in good standing because he's been a massive d1ck and alienated everyone. It's weird but right now he basically is the establishment candidate. Kasich is just kind of irrelevant.

Kasich is the literal embodiment of what an establishment candidate looks like, and Cruz has nothing in common with him. Cruz has more in common with Trump than he does with Kasich, which is why I reject the idea that Cruz is somehow an 'insider' after not even being a Senator for a full term

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:01:23 AM

Irony.

What a colourful analogy
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:31:07 AM

Irony.

http://tacticalinvestor.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 6:04:05 AM

Irony.

I like Kasich - I would have voted for him if I hadn't cared more about stopping Hillary from winning in WI, so I voted for Sanders and don't regret it since Hillary lost here.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 12:02:10 PM
At 4/15/2016 6:04:05 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Irony.

I like Kasich - I would have voted for him if I hadn't cared more about stopping Hillary from winning in WI, so I voted for Sanders and don't regret it since Hillary lost here.

I tried that in texas, but didn't work, but I guess I didn't expect that from a state that elected radical Christian wakazoid, Ted cruz.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 12:18:09 PM
At 4/15/2016 12:02:10 PM, slo1 wrote:

Irony.

I tried that in texas, but didn't work, but I guess I didn't expect that from a state that elected radical Christian wakazoid, Ted cruz.
Cruz gained some respect from me when he defended his wife and called her, "his best friend." His tone was sincere and it was sweet. I don't like his idea for the flat tax. I'd vote for Cruz over Hillary though.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 8:42:16 PM
At 4/15/2016 12:18:09 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 4/15/2016 12:02:10 PM, slo1 wrote:

Irony.

Cruz gained some respect from me when he defended his wife and called her, "his best friend." His tone was sincere and it was sweet. I don't like his idea for the flat tax. I'd vote for Cruz over Hillary though.

Not so much his best friend as his rib that he commands. Be careful falling for the public sound bite. He is a radical Christian who believes women should be respected, but ultimately need to obey their man. That may be acceptable to you,, but there is a big distinction there.

Plus voting cruz over hilllary is like voting for elephant shat over donkey shat. They both shat.