Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Brooklyn Democratic debate thread

bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.
DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:15:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.

I think it was good...

However, in general, she is being way to sarcastic and--as my dad just said to me--"flip."
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:16:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:15:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.

I think it was good...

However, in general, she is being way to sarcastic and--as my dad just said to me--"flip."

Being an a$hole like a bratty kid entitled to the nomination like fruit snacks is not a good way to do things when your only up a couple points in poll aggregates nationally.
DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:17:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Bernie needed an actual example of a vote of hers to show her pro-bank bias. Hillary won that exchange.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:18:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:16:56 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:15:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.

I think it was good...

However, in general, she is being way to sarcastic and--as my dad just said to me--"flip."

Being an a$hole like a bratty kid entitled to the nomination like fruit snacks is not a good way to do things when your only up a couple points in poll aggregates nationally.

The problem is you're viewing the debate as an ardent supporter of Sanders. You are, probably, more sensitive to her pettiness than someone like my dad, who isn't much bothered.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:19:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:19:26 AM, Runn92 wrote:
They are just idiots

Lol
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:20:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Her answer to the transcript question sucked...

Good, pointed questions from the moderators.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:21:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:20:16 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Her answer to the transcript question sucked...

Good, pointed questions from the moderators.

OMG...Dana's follow up to this was devastating...

"Senator, the question was about the transcripts. Why not just release them?"
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:21:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:18:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:16:56 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:15:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.

I think it was good...

However, in general, she is being way to sarcastic and--as my dad just said to me--"flip."

Being an a$hole like a bratty kid entitled to the nomination like fruit snacks is not a good way to do things when your only up a couple points in poll aggregates nationally.

The problem is you're viewing the debate as an ardent supporter of Sanders. You are, probably, more sensitive to her pettiness than someone like my dad, who isn't much bothered.

That's a pretty damming statement on my ability to look past a bias. But my conscious tells me that Hillary would be a worse President than at least one, maybe two of the Republicans left - and that being someone who is so intelligent should be able to talk about policies and not attack her opponent like a female Ted Cruz, with a little bit of intelligent speaking thrown in so the pundits can still hold her up as a good candidate.
DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:22:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:21:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:20:16 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Her answer to the transcript question sucked...

Good, pointed questions from the moderators.

OMG...Dana's follow up to this was devastating...

"Senator, the question was about the transcripts. Why not just release them?"

Dana is just destroying her here...Like Candy Crowley in that Obama-Romney debate...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:24:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:21:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:18:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:16:56 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:15:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.

I think it was good...

However, in general, she is being way to sarcastic and--as my dad just said to me--"flip."

Being an a$hole like a bratty kid entitled to the nomination like fruit snacks is not a good way to do things when your only up a couple points in poll aggregates nationally.

The problem is you're viewing the debate as an ardent supporter of Sanders. You are, probably, more sensitive to her pettiness than someone like my dad, who isn't much bothered.

That's a pretty damming statement on my ability to look past a bias.

I think you're taking that more harshly than it was meant.

But my conscious tells me that Hillary would be a worse President than at least one, maybe two of the Republicans left - and that being someone who is so intelligent should be able to talk about policies and not attack her opponent like a female Ted Cruz, with a little bit of intelligent speaking thrown in so the pundits can still hold her up as a good candidate.

This reveals the sentiment that I was talking about. And, I disagree about the GOP comment...I would rather drown myself than live in an America under Trump or Cruz.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
Sam7411
Posts: 961
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:25:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:19:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:19:26 AM, Runn92 wrote:
They are just idiots

Lol

+1
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:26:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
While the questions are good, I think the moderators may be a bit too combative...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
Sam7411
Posts: 961
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:28:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:25:18 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:19:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:19:26 AM, Runn92 wrote:
They are just idiots

Lol

+1

I admit that I was not aware of this debate until now
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:28:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:24:42 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:21:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:18:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:16:56 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:15:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:14:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:13:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:08:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hillary's line about: well, is Sander's questioning New Yorker's judgement for voting for me, and Obama's for making me Secretary of State.

This was a great line from her. Superb rejoinder.

I thought it was arrogant and off-putting.

I think it was good...

However, in general, she is being way to sarcastic and--as my dad just said to me--"flip."

Being an a$hole like a bratty kid entitled to the nomination like fruit snacks is not a good way to do things when your only up a couple points in poll aggregates nationally.

The problem is you're viewing the debate as an ardent supporter of Sanders. You are, probably, more sensitive to her pettiness than someone like my dad, who isn't much bothered.

That's a pretty damming statement on my ability to look past a bias.

I think you're taking that more harshly than it was meant.

But my conscious tells me that Hillary would be a worse President than at least one, maybe two of the Republicans left - and that being someone who is so intelligent should be able to talk about policies and not attack her opponent like a female Ted Cruz, with a little bit of intelligent speaking thrown in so the pundits can still hold her up as a good candidate.

This reveals the sentiment that I was talking about. And, I disagree about the GOP comment...I would rather drown myself than live in an America under Trump or Cruz.

I was speaking about Kasich and Trump. Cruz vs. Clinton is the point I go to complete political nihilism and support Trump2020.

But as to my sentiment, I see no reason that she can act like this when the only reason that she has the nomination witin easy reach is that party leaders helped her to this point and don't care about how the party is trending.
DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:29:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:28:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
But as to my sentiment, I see no reason that she can act like this when the only reason that she has the nomination witin easy reach is that party leaders helped her to this point and don't care about how the party is trending.

I agree with this.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:30:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:29:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:28:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
But as to my sentiment, I see no reason that she can act like this when the only reason that she has the nomination witin easy reach is that party leaders helped her to this point and don't care about how the party is trending.

I agree with this.

Then we shouldn't have any disagreement.
DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 28,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:31:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:30:44 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:29:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:28:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
But as to my sentiment, I see no reason that she can act like this when the only reason that she has the nomination witin easy reach is that party leaders helped her to this point and don't care about how the party is trending.

I agree with this.

Then we shouldn't have any disagreement.

I just don't feel as vehemently about this as you do.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Live Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...

Summertime Tournament: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:32:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/15/2016 1:31:14 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:30:44 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:29:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:28:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
But as to my sentiment, I see no reason that she can act like this when the only reason that she has the nomination witin easy reach is that party leaders helped her to this point and don't care about how the party is trending.

I agree with this.

Then we shouldn't have any disagreement.

I just don't feel as vehemently about this as you do.

Why don't we get Trump on this stage to speak her lines?

"I only speak the truth lobbyists."

Except the irony being he's more honest in the debates than her.
DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:35:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2016 10:33:40 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Last one (most likely). Let's hope that Bernie makes it count on his home turf.

I hate to say this, but this contest is rigged against Bernie. There is no chance of him winning, and its not his fault or his supporters. The Super Delegates will support Hillary no matter what. I stopped following the Dems race after the last couple caucuses. Even though Bernie won the state, HIllary still got more delegates.

Sorry Bernie, you do have some crazy policies, but you were somebody who cared about Americans.