Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your Moral Foundations.

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Make an account at http://www.yourmorals.org... then take the "Moral Foundations" test. This is also sometimes called the five pillars of morality and is often said to be the five main factors one bases their political views on.

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

In-group loyalty

Respect for authority

Purity

Conservatives tend to value all 5 values equally, whereas liberals tend to value care and fairness much more than the other three values. Most people are in-between, valuing care and fairness only slightly more than the rest. Not entirely sure about Libertarians, should be able to get an idea if enough people respond to this.

Here are my results:

http://oi54.tinypic.com...

I only value care and fairness and none of the others. That would be expected from an AnCom sympathizer.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 9:52:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

Open-mindedness

Contempt for tyranny

Willingness to enjoy life

Liberals tend to value all 5 values equally

Fix'd . . . as you and I already posted on another thread.

I think the categories chosen are utterly subjective and biased.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:07:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Make an account at http://www.yourmorals.org... then take the "Moral Foundations" test. This is also sometimes called the five pillars of morality and is often said to be the five main factors one bases their political views on.

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

In-group loyalty

Respect for authority

Purity

Conservatives tend to value all 5 values equally, whereas liberals tend to value care and fairness much more than the other three values. Most people are in-between, valuing care and fairness only slightly more than the rest. Not entirely sure about Libertarians, should be able to get an idea if enough people respond to this.

Here are my results:

http://oi54.tinypic.com...

I only value care and fairness and none of the others. That would be expected from an AnCom sympathizer.

My results are about the same as yours, except, since I understand economics, I'm an anarcho-capitalist instead of a communist.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:10:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:05:44 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

So, making an educated guess so far, Libertarians are probably going to be like the usual liberal but with less respect for authority.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:12:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:07:21 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Make an account at http://www.yourmorals.org... then take the "Moral Foundations" test. This is also sometimes called the five pillars of morality and is often said to be the five main factors one bases their political views on.

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

In-group loyalty

Respect for authority

Purity

Conservatives tend to value all 5 values equally, whereas liberals tend to value care and fairness much more than the other three values. Most people are in-between, valuing care and fairness only slightly more than the rest. Not entirely sure about Libertarians, should be able to get an idea if enough people respond to this.

Here are my results:

http://oi54.tinypic.com...

I only value care and fairness and none of the others. That would be expected from an AnCom sympathizer.

My results are about the same as yours, except, since I understand economics, I'm an anarcho-capitalist instead of a communist.

Hahaha, you know, I used to be an Ancap too and I spouted all the same stuff you do.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:13:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't understand how anarcho-communism makes sense. How can you enforce the confiscation and redistribution of property without the State?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:15:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:12:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:07:21 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Make an account at http://www.yourmorals.org... then take the "Moral Foundations" test. This is also sometimes called the five pillars of morality and is often said to be the five main factors one bases their political views on.

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

In-group loyalty

Respect for authority

Purity

Conservatives tend to value all 5 values equally, whereas liberals tend to value care and fairness much more than the other three values. Most people are in-between, valuing care and fairness only slightly more than the rest. Not entirely sure about Libertarians, should be able to get an idea if enough people respond to this.

Here are my results:

http://oi54.tinypic.com...

I only value care and fairness and none of the others. That would be expected from an AnCom sympathizer.

My results are about the same as yours, except, since I understand economics, I'm an anarcho-capitalist instead of a communist.

Hahaha, you know, I used to be an Ancap too and I spouted all the same stuff you do.

Except you never actually understood economics, unless you recently suffered a severe brain injury and forgot everything.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:15:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:13:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I don't understand how anarcho-communism makes sense. How can you enforce the confiscation and redistribution of property without the State?

There is no such thing as property in Anarcho-Communism. Property is an invention of the state.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:17:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:15:34 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:12:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:07:21 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Make an account at http://www.yourmorals.org... then take the "Moral Foundations" test. This is also sometimes called the five pillars of morality and is often said to be the five main factors one bases their political views on.

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

In-group loyalty

Respect for authority

Purity

Conservatives tend to value all 5 values equally, whereas liberals tend to value care and fairness much more than the other three values. Most people are in-between, valuing care and fairness only slightly more than the rest. Not entirely sure about Libertarians, should be able to get an idea if enough people respond to this.

Here are my results:

http://oi54.tinypic.com...

I only value care and fairness and none of the others. That would be expected from an AnCom sympathizer.

My results are about the same as yours, except, since I understand economics, I'm an anarcho-capitalist instead of a communist.

Hahaha, you know, I used to be an Ancap too and I spouted all the same stuff you do.

Except you never actually understood economics, unless you recently suffered a severe brain injury and forgot everything.

Please excuse me, sir, I thought we were having rational discourse. I'll be on my way...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:18:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:15:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:13:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I don't understand how anarcho-communism makes sense. How can you enforce the confiscation and redistribution of property without the State?

There is no such thing as property in Anarcho-Communism. Property is an invention of the state.

Deeds are the invention of the state. :P
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:20:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:15:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:13:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I don't understand how anarcho-communism makes sense. How can you enforce the confiscation and redistribution of property without the State?

There is no such thing as property in Anarcho-Communism. Property is an invention of the state.

Uh huh, and what about when I try to keep all my stuff. Who steals it from me if there's anarchy? Even if it were an invention of the State, people wouldn't give it up easily.

But Locke says property is a natural right (meaning it would exist under anarchy). It's clear from studying tribal communities that they had property rights.

And do we have self-ownership under communism?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:23:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:15:34 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Except you never actually understood economics, unless you recently suffered a severe brain injury and forgot everything.

This. Freedo never takes the time to stop and really understand any of his philosophies. That's why he constantly changes them. He is, in the words of the Joker, like a dog chasing a car. He's not really sure why he chases it, or what he'd do if he actually caught it. He just does things.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:29:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:20:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:15:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:13:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I don't understand how anarcho-communism makes sense. How can you enforce the confiscation and redistribution of property without the State?

There is no such thing as property in Anarcho-Communism. Property is an invention of the state.

Uh huh, and what about when I try to keep all my stuff.

Who steals it from me if there's anarchy? Even if it were an invention of the State, people wouldn't give it up easily.

But Locke says property is a natural right (meaning it would exist under anarchy). It's clear from studying tribal communities that they had property rights.

There is a difference between property, which one owns, and possessions, which one uses. Possessions are natural, it is simply whatever you use. Property is an invention. Under Anarcho-Communism, what one should be open to possessing is a matter of negotiation and consensus. It indeed takes place in a world where people are able to get along and reason with each other without coercion, an incredible feet.

And do we have self-ownership under communism?

Self-ownership is a redundant term and has unintended consequences. You possess yourself, this can't be changed. But to say you own yourself implies that you may sell yourself, which is indeed what Capitalism is founded upon. Capitalism is a system which turns human beings into commodities to be bought and sold on the market-place.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:30:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:26:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I got 0 on all of them. :|

LOL

What did you really get?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:44:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:35:24 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:30:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:26:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I got 0 on all of them. :|

LOL

What did you really get?

I'm dead serious.

Pics or it didn't happen.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:47:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:29:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It indeed takes place in a world where people are able to get along and reason with each other without coercion, an incredible feet.

lol, incredible feet: http://www.docarzt.com...

So it's a utopian fiction. If someone tries to take my stuff (house, cars, yachts) I'm going to defend it using my other stuff (guns, slaves, 15 Dobermans).

And do we have self-ownership under communism?

Self-ownership is a redundant term and has unintended consequences. You possess yourself, this can't be changed. But to say you own yourself implies that you may sell yourself, which is indeed what Capitalism is founded upon. Capitalism is a system which turns human beings into commodities to be bought and sold on the market-place.

What's wrong with selling yourself - you make the decision.

If there's no self-ownership, everyone is society jointly owns everyone else, then how would rape be un-allowed?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 10:59:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:47:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:29:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It indeed takes place in a world where people are able to get along and reason with each other without coercion, an incredible feet.

lol, incredible feet: http://www.docarzt.com...

So it's a utopian fiction. If someone tries to take my stuff (house, cars, yachts) I'm going to defend it using my other stuff (guns, slaves, 15 Dobermans).

No one in a proper AnCom society would try to take your stuff.

And do we have self-ownership under communism?

Self-ownership is a redundant term and has unintended consequences. You possess yourself, this can't be changed. But to say you own yourself implies that you may sell yourself, which is indeed what Capitalism is founded upon. Capitalism is a system which turns human beings into commodities to be bought and sold on the market-place.

What's wrong with selling yourself - you make the decision.

If there's no self-ownership, everyone is society jointly owns everyone else, then how would rape be un-allowed?

People do not jointly own each other.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 11:06:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 11:04:29 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:44:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:35:24 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:30:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:26:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I got 0 on all of them. :|

LOL

What did you really get?

I'm dead serious.

Pics or it didn't happen.

http://i10.photobucket.com...

Well that's no fun. I may lack real opinions but I still play a part.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 11:09:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 11:06:24 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 11:04:29 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:44:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:35:24 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:30:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:26:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I got 0 on all of them. :|

LOL

What did you really get?

I'm dead serious.

Pics or it didn't happen.

http://i10.photobucket.com...

Well that's no fun. I may lack real opinions but I still play a part.

And I don't play a part? So far as I can tell, I've contributed plenty to meaningful discussion.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 11:11:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 10:59:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:47:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:29:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It indeed takes place in a world where people are able to get along and reason with each other without coercion, an incredible feet.

lol, incredible feet: http://www.docarzt.com...

So it's a utopian fiction. If someone tries to take my stuff (house, cars, yachts) I'm going to defend it using my other stuff (guns, slaves, 15 Dobermans).

No one in a proper AnCom society would try to take your stuff.

Then how is it different from anarcho-capitalism?

And cool, I endorse your system since it lets me keep my slaves.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 11:13:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 11:09:09 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 11:06:24 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 11:04:29 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:44:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:35:24 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:30:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:26:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I got 0 on all of them. :|

LOL

What did you really get?

I'm dead serious.

Pics or it didn't happen.

http://i10.photobucket.com...

Well that's no fun. I may lack real opinions but I still play a part.

And I don't play a part? So far as I can tell, I've contributed plenty to meaningful discussion.

Why not play the part for the test?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 11:15:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 11:11:58 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:59:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:47:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2010 10:29:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It indeed takes place in a world where people are able to get along and reason with each other without coercion, an incredible feet.

lol, incredible feet: http://www.docarzt.com...

So it's a utopian fiction. If someone tries to take my stuff (house, cars, yachts) I'm going to defend it using my other stuff (guns, slaves, 15 Dobermans).

No one in a proper AnCom society would try to take your stuff.

Then how is it different from anarcho-capitalism?

And cool, I endorse your system since it lets me keep my slaves.

No one in a proper AnCom system would own slaves.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 11:25:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/24/2010 9:52:40 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2010 9:48:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Harm/Care

Fairness(equality)

Open-mindedness

Contempt for tyranny

Willingness to enjoy life

Are you saying conservatives don't enjoy life? I'm a conservative. DO you think I don't enjoy my life?

Liberals tend to value all 5 values equally

Fix'd . . . as you and I already posted on another thread.

I think the categories chosen are utterly subjective and biased.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen