Jump to topic:

Yet Another Example of Sexism

Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 3:39:06 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
For every 1 woman who dies at work (occupational fatality), there are over 11 men. How will we fix this egregious inequity?

Of course, it's unfair to women. Institutional sexism is keeping women out of the high status, glory jobs like coal miner and construction worker. We all know there are tons of women (particularly LGBT and women of color) who dream of being construction workers and coal miners only to be discouraged by all the sexist white men who dominate that field. Still don't think we need feminism?
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 9:10:29 PM
I'm not really understanding what you are trying to convey here
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 10:56:16 PM
At 4/18/2016 3:39:06 AM, Runn92 wrote:
For every 1 woman who dies at work (occupational fatality), there are over 11 men. How will we fix this egregious inequity?

Of course, it's unfair to women. Institutional sexism is keeping women out of the high status, glory jobs like coal miner and construction worker. We all know there are tons of women (particularly LGBT and women of color) who dream of being construction workers and coal miners only to be discouraged by all the sexist white men who dominate that field. Still don't think we need feminism?

Sometimes women look at me and stare. They also sometimes say sexist things to me,"Like hey stud, how's it hanging?" (Wink wink). I feel like a piece of meat.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 12:19:16 AM
At 4/18/2016 9:10:29 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
I'm not really understanding what you are trying to convey here

He's trying to say that women aren't being oppressed in the workplace through sarcasm. I don't particularly agree with him, but I wanted to clear things up nonetheless.
:) nac
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 1:06:44 AM
At 4/18/2016 3:39:06 AM, Runn92 wrote:

Call out the bull, great post.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.