Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Western democracy is flawed. Socialism rules

Vales_Dales
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war. Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation. Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,207
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 12:04:03 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war. Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation. Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 12:50:54 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war. Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation. Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

Lobbying in China is more of a direct bribe system.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 1:11:17 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war. Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation. Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

China is the most democratic state in the world? You are either stupid or having fun with people.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:21:05 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war. Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation. Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What number are you in your little commie unit, trolling western sites, trying, vainly I might add, to influence the stupid. F*ck you commie.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:31:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war. Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation. Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
EvanescentEfflorescence
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

http://www.debate.org...

No response:

http://www.debate.org...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being. This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school. Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.
EvanescentEfflorescence
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

http://www.debate.org...

No response:

http://www.debate.org...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial. The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case. Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site? I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.
EvanescentEfflorescence
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:06:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial.

Are you looking to debate, or are you looking to throw your weight around?

The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case.

You're not going to get anywhere by being rude. Win through your actions, not your words.

Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site?

No, probably because I've been on this site for a couple of days.

I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.

As much as I agree with your conclusion, I don't think your method is effective. Abusing and humiliating people eventually fosters resentment. Your method defeats your end.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

http://www.debate.org...

No response:

http://www.debate.org...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:06:08 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial.

Are you looking to debate, or are you looking to throw your weight around?

The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case.

You're not going to get anywhere by being rude. Win through your actions, not your words.

Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site?

No, probably because I've been on this site for a couple of days.

I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.

As much as I agree with your conclusion, I don't think your method is effective. Abusing and humiliating people eventually fosters resentment. Your method defeats your end.

Look, they aren't going to change their ideals or minds because they are brainwashed. I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings. I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious. I have no inclination to be politically correct. These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.
EvanescentEfflorescence
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:18:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:06:08 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial.

Are you looking to debate, or are you looking to throw your weight around?

The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case.

You're not going to get anywhere by being rude. Win through your actions, not your words.

Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site?

No, probably because I've been on this site for a couple of days.

I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.

As much as I agree with your conclusion, I don't think your method is effective. Abusing and humiliating people eventually fosters resentment. Your method defeats your end.

Look, they aren't going to change their ideals or minds because they are brainwashed.

Rather than discussing the vague term "brainwashed", I will get to my main point: Are brainwashed people incapable of changing their opinions?

I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings.

Because you won't convert people by abusing them. FYI: the content of their ideology is irrelevant, in this regard.

I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious.

All irrelevant.

I have no inclination to be politically correct.

I'm requesting that you be polite, not necessarily politically correct.

These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.

I agree that this is the case, based on what I've seen. However, that does not mean you should abuse and humiliate them. That's why I asked the question: Are you here to debate, or are you here to throw your weight around? It sure seems the latter, and it sure seems you are no better than those you condemn.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

http://www.debate.org...

No response:

http://www.debate.org...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:26:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:18:11 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:06:08 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial.

Are you looking to debate, or are you looking to throw your weight around?

The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case.

You're not going to get anywhere by being rude. Win through your actions, not your words.

Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site?

No, probably because I've been on this site for a couple of days.

I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.

As much as I agree with your conclusion, I don't think your method is effective. Abusing and humiliating people eventually fosters resentment. Your method defeats your end.

Look, they aren't going to change their ideals or minds because they are brainwashed.

Rather than discussing the vague term "brainwashed", I will get to my main point: Are brainwashed people incapable of changing their opinions?

I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings.

Because you won't convert people by abusing them. FYI: the content of their ideology is irrelevant, in this regard.

I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious.

All irrelevant.

I have no inclination to be politically correct.

I'm requesting that you be polite, not necessarily politically correct.

These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.

I agree that this is the case, based on what I've seen. However, that does not mean you should abuse and humiliate them. That's why I asked the question: Are you here to debate, or are you here to throw your weight around? It sure seems the latter, and it sure seems you are no better than those you condemn.

You are all of what? 18? Live longer and see how you think some years down the road. When I was your age I was to the left of centre. Winston Churchill said" If you are not a liberal at 20, then you have no heart and if you are not a conservative at 30 you have no brain". get back to me when you turn 30. In the meantime, although you are probably an intelligent, thoughtful young person, you have no idea what this world really is about. Go have some fun. Please don't take this as me being dismissive.
EvanescentEfflorescence
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:31:15 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:26:48 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:18:11 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:06:08 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial.

Are you looking to debate, or are you looking to throw your weight around?

The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case.

You're not going to get anywhere by being rude. Win through your actions, not your words.

Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site?

No, probably because I've been on this site for a couple of days.

I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.

As much as I agree with your conclusion, I don't think your method is effective. Abusing and humiliating people eventually fosters resentment. Your method defeats your end.

Look, they aren't going to change their ideals or minds because they are brainwashed.

Rather than discussing the vague term "brainwashed", I will get to my main point: Are brainwashed people incapable of changing their opinions?

I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings.

Because you won't convert people by abusing them. FYI: the content of their ideology is irrelevant, in this regard.

I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious.

All irrelevant.

I have no inclination to be politically correct.

I'm requesting that you be polite, not necessarily politically correct.

These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.

I agree that this is the case, based on what I've seen. However, that does not mean you should abuse and humiliate them. That's why I asked the question: Are you here to debate, or are you here to throw your weight around? It sure seems the latter, and it sure seems you are no better than those you condemn.

You are all of what? 18? Live longer and see how you think some years down the road. When I was your age I was to the left of centre. Winston Churchill said" If you are not a liberal at 20, then you have no heart and if you are not a conservative at 30 you have no brain". get back to me when you turn 30.

Are young people incapable of producing valid arguments?

In the meantime, although you are probably an intelligent, thoughtful young person, you have no idea what this world really is about. Go have some fun. Please don't take this as me being dismissive.

You've dismissed all of what I wrote, and then dismissed me as a person due to my age. The level of cognitive dissonance must be mind-blowing.

If you can't handle the arguments I write, then stop responding. Dismissing me in such a digression only makes you look like a coward who can't handle his beliefs being questioned.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

http://www.debate.org...

No response:

http://www.debate.org...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:42:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:31:15 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:26:48 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:18:11 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:06:08 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:00:04 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:51:48 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:45:14 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 3:37:05 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/18/2016 11:59:44 PM, Vales_Dales wrote:
Western countries frequently lament about how China has "no democracy". They are essentially trying to force other nations into submitting to their will by following the ideals of the western so-called democracy. Western democracy is actually an euphemism for forcing American values over others through wars like the Iraq war.

Evidence? You do realise that this is a bare assertion?

Thus, it is an invasion of the rights of other sovereign states.

What "rights" are you talking about? How did these "rights" come about?


China is the most democratic state in the world. Unlike the US, China doesn't allow lobbying to corrupt the government and legislation.

Whilst this aspect of U.S. politics might contribute (depending on definitions) to a lack of democracy, how does this entail that the "US democracy" is less prevalent than China's? Furthermore, how does this make "China the most democratic state in the world?"

Under the Chinese government, the economy developed rapidly and the people were taken out of poverty.

How does this contribute to a discussion about degrees of democracy?


So, I ask you to please, reevaluate your ideas about western democracy; they might not be correct.

What you have written is nonsense. Who did you expect would agree with this?

You are arguing with a number, not a free human being.

Are you not aware of the self-defeating irony of referring to him/her as a "number?" If you don't agree that he/she should be referred to as a number, then don't refer to him/her as a number.

This number spreads communist propaganda on behalf of his masters, who enslave his consciousness with their mind controlling rhetoric that starts as soon as they go to school.

This is a plausible, likely inference, but I give people some degree in benefit of doubt.

Many wonderful Chinese escape the brainwashing but this sad creature did not. Pray for him. He is not a person, just a number.

Are you intentionally being ironic? I get that you probably are calling him that to suggest that he/she is in fact that, but I doubt that this is the best approach to cordial conversation.

The great thing about a site like this is that at times you don't have to cordial.

Are you looking to debate, or are you looking to throw your weight around?

The number is obviously a troll working for the filth that enslaves China. I don't have to mince words in this case.

You're not going to get anywhere by being rude. Win through your actions, not your words.

Have you not noticed the sudden wave of Chinese propaganda on this site?

No, probably because I've been on this site for a couple of days.

I won't be polite with communist ideals because they disgust me. Communism as practiced, has proven itself to fail miserably everywhere. I won't p*ssy foot around that subject.

As much as I agree with your conclusion, I don't think your method is effective. Abusing and humiliating people eventually fosters resentment. Your method defeats your end.

Look, they aren't going to change their ideals or minds because they are brainwashed.

Rather than discussing the vague term "brainwashed", I will get to my main point: Are brainwashed people incapable of changing their opinions?

I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings.

Because you won't convert people by abusing them. FYI: the content of their ideology is irrelevant, in this regard.

I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious.

All irrelevant.

I have no inclination to be politically correct.

I'm requesting that you be polite, not necessarily politically correct.

These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.

I agree that this is the case, based on what I've seen. However, that does not mean you should abuse and humiliate them. That's why I asked the question: Are you here to debate, or are you here to throw your weight around? It sure seems the latter, and it sure seems you are no better than those you condemn.

You are all of what? 18? Live longer and see how you think some years down the road. When I was your age I was to the left of centre. Winston Churchill said" If you are not a liberal at 20, then you have no heart and if you are not a conservative at 30 you have no brain". get back to me when you turn 30.

Are young people incapable of producing valid arguments?

No, but your minds are generally skewed to the left, and your limited life experience limits your ability to access real life experience. this is where the real learning happens.

In the meantime, although you are probably an intelligent, thoughtful young person, you have no idea what this world really is about. Go have some fun. Please don't take this as me being dismissive.

You've dismissed all of what I wrote, and then dismissed me as a person due to my age. The level of cognitive dissonance must be mind-blowing.
No, I know exactly what I am saying. I am disagreeing with your attempt to lecture me on how to behave. you are a child to me. Nothing you say can upset me. I am cutting lose on an individual who is promoting a country that has and is abusing people. Excuse me for not holding my tongue so as to not hurt his feelings.

If you can't handle the arguments I write, then stop responding. Dismissing me in such a digression only makes you look like a coward who can't handle his beliefs being questioned.

I just handled your arguments, little girl, and handled his pathetic beliefs rather well.
EvanescentEfflorescence
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:52:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:42:32 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:31:15 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:26:48 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:18:11 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Rather than discussing the vague term "brainwashed", I will get to my main point: Are brainwashed people incapable of changing their opinions?

I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings.

Because you won't convert people by abusing them. FYI: the content of their ideology is irrelevant, in this regard.

I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious.

All irrelevant.

I have no inclination to be politically correct.

I'm requesting that you be polite, not necessarily politically correct.

These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.

I agree that this is the case, based on what I've seen. However, that does not mean you should abuse and humiliate them. That's why I asked the question: Are you here to debate, or are you here to throw your weight around? It sure seems the latter, and it sure seems you are no better than those you condemn.

You are all of what? 18? Live longer and see how you think some years down the road. When I was your age I was to the left of centre. Winston Churchill said" If you are not a liberal at 20, then you have no heart and if you are not a conservative at 30 you have no brain". get back to me when you turn 30.

Are young people incapable of producing valid arguments?

No, but your minds are generally skewed to the left

True.

and your limited life experience limits your ability to access real life experience. this is where the real learning happens.

I agree that you learn more in the "real" world, and that limited life experience limits the ability of young people to access "real life experience". Totally agree. However, and I repeat: Does that mean young people are incapable of producing valid arguments? The answer, of which, was: "no". Therefore, it is possible that what I'm saying *is* congruent with "real life", either through experiences I haven't disclosed, and/or inadvertent luck.

Thus, this is why I asked you to show me why my arguments are wrong. "You lack experience" is a non-reponse as it does not adequately explain why you are right. Please support your conclusions.


In the meantime, although you are probably an intelligent, thoughtful young person, you have no idea what this world really is about. Go have some fun. Please don't take this as me being dismissive.

You've dismissed all of what I wrote, and then dismissed me as a person due to my age. The level of cognitive dissonance must be mind-blowing.
No, I know exactly what I am saying. I am disagreeing with your attempt to lecture me on how to behave. you are a child to me.

Ad Hominem.

Nothing you say can upset me.

Irrelevant.

I am cutting lose on an individual who is promoting a country that has and is abusing people. Excuse me for not holding my tongue so as to not hurt his feelings.

No -- I will not excuse you. YOU don't seem to understand that by "cutting lose" on this person, you only serve to further entrench the positions. Do you honestly believe that you have any hope of changing the person's, or anyone watching, beliefs about the arguments put forth?


If you can't handle the arguments I write, then stop responding. Dismissing me in such a digression only makes you look like a coward who can't handle his beliefs being questioned.

I just handled your arguments, little girl, and handled his pathetic beliefs rather well.

Not at all. I'm surprised that a man of your age has such dreadful persuasion skills. Anyway, from experience, I know that this conversation is on the verge of a flame war, and a very unproductive one at that. If you would like to discuss the merits of your actions, then we may talk. If not, if you would insult me with irrelevant insults, then I am ending this conversation here.

Your choice.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

http://www.debate.org...

No response:

http://www.debate.org...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 5:06:29 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/21/2016 4:52:26 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:42:32 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:31:15 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:26:48 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:18:11 AM, EvanescentEfflorescence wrote:
At 4/21/2016 4:12:33 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Rather than discussing the vague term "brainwashed", I will get to my main point: Are brainwashed people incapable of changing their opinions?

I'm giving them the finger. Why should I be polite with an ideology that enslaves human beings.

Because you won't convert people by abusing them. FYI: the content of their ideology is irrelevant, in this regard.

I am a westerner. Freedom, although being eroded at present, is very precious.

All irrelevant.

I have no inclination to be politically correct.

I'm requesting that you be polite, not necessarily politically correct.

These trolls showed up in a bunch suddenly. You can bet they are more than likely Chinese government slaves.

I agree that this is the case, based on what I've seen. However, that does not mean you should abuse and humiliate them. That's why I asked the question: Are you here to debate, or are you here to throw your weight around? It sure seems the latter, and it sure seems you are no better than those you condemn.

You are all of what? 18? Live longer and see how you think some years down the road. When I was your age I was to the left of centre. Winston Churchill said" If you are not a liberal at 20, then you have no heart and if you are not a conservative at 30 you have no brain". get back to me when you turn 30.

Are young people incapable of producing valid arguments?

No, but your minds are generally skewed to the left

True.

and your limited life experience limits your ability to access real life experience. this is where the real learning happens.

I agree that you learn more in the "real" world, and that limited life experience limits the ability of young people to access "real life experience". Totally agree. However, and I repeat: Does that mean young people are incapable of producing valid arguments? The answer, of which, was: "no". Therefore, it is possible that what I'm saying *is* congruent with "real life", either through experiences I haven't disclosed, and/or inadvertent luck.

Thus, this is why I asked you to show me why my arguments are wrong. "You lack experience" is a non-reponse as it does not adequately explain why you are right. Please support your conclusions.

Your arguments are your opinions. there is no right or wrong here - just opinions. I believe the poster is a Chinese government propogandist because a number of them showed up at once to infect the site with their communist Chinese propoganda. this is why I came down on him hard. If you don't like it, too bad.


In the meantime, although you are probably an intelligent, thoughtful young person, you have no idea what this world really is about. Go have some fun. Please don't take this as me being dismissive.

You've dismissed all of what I wrote, and then dismissed me as a person due to my age. The level of cognitive dissonance must be mind-blowing.
No, I know exactly what I am saying. I am disagreeing with your attempt to lecture me on how to behave. you are a child to me.

Ad Hominem.

Nothing you say can upset me.

Irrelevant.

I am cutting lose on an individual who is promoting a country that has and is abusing people. Excuse me for not holding my tongue so as to not hurt his feelings.


No -- I will not excuse you. YOU don't seem to understand that by "cutting lose" on this person, you only serve to further entrench the positions. Do you honestly believe that you have any hope of changing the person's, or anyone watching, beliefs about the arguments put forth?

I'm not really looking for you to excuse me. It's just a figure of speech. I would never attempt to change his mind and I don't care to change yours.

If you can't handle the arguments I write, then stop responding. Dismissing me in such a digression only makes you look like a coward who can't handle his beliefs being questioned.

I just handled your arguments, little girl, and handled his pathetic beliefs rather well.

Not at all. I'm surprised that a man of your age has such dreadful persuasion skills. Anyway, from experience, I know that this conversation is on the verge of a flame war, and a very unproductive one at that. If you would like to discuss the merits of your actions, then we may talk. If not, if you would insult me with irrelevant insults, then I am ending this conversation here.

Your choice.

I am not actually debating or attempting to persuade you on any point. I have merely pointed out why I went after this person, in response to you taking offense. We are done. Good bye.