Lyin' Ted Loses NY

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:37:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:29:01 PM, YYW wrote:
Ted Cruz got no delegates in New York. Trump won by a landslide.

Justice prevails.

14.5% of Cruz voters have no New York Values....
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:38:30 PM

Justice prevails.

That was an a$$-whooping. I don't know what the "stop Trump" firewall is at this point. The convention is going to be a blast.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:46:42 PM
At 4/20/2016 2:38:30 PM, TBR wrote:

Justice prevails.

That was an a$$-whooping. I don't know what the "stop Trump" firewall is at this point. The convention is going to be a blast.

It will be interesting. Their goal now will be to prevent the 1237 and it will be interesting to see how the rules committee play this one.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:50:50 PM

Justice prevails.

That second part doesn't logically follow from the first, because Donald Trump is the most unjust candidate in the history of American politics.

Seriously, of all the politicians and liars and cheats and nasty people who may have ever run, NO ONE is as bad as Donald Trump.

Honestly, if the election were between Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump, it would be difficult to find a way not to vote for Hitler - THAT is how bad Trump is.

I would vote for a retarded hobo monkey on crack before I'd vote for Donald Trump.

If justice prevailed, the only candidate left with any decency is John Kasich, so he'd be your next president - by beating Bernie in the fall. THOSE would be the candidates who deserve to move on by the standards of justice.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:59:09 PM
At 4/20/2016 2:50:50 PM, zoinks wrote:

Justice prevails.

That second part doesn't logically follow from the first, because Donald Trump is the most unjust candidate in the history of American politics.

Seriously, of all the politicians and liars and cheats and nasty people who may have ever run, NO ONE is as bad as Donald Trump.

Honestly, if the election were between Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump, it would be difficult to find a way not to vote for Hitler - THAT is how bad Trump is.

I would vote for a retarded hobo monkey on crack before I'd vote for Donald Trump.

If justice prevailed, the only candidate left with any decency is John Kasich, so he'd be your next president - by beating Bernie in the fall. THOSE would be the candidates who deserve to move on by the standards of justice.

Trump can make even you great again. Now that's justice.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 3:16:30 PM
I still can't get over the fact that Trump got 82% of the vote on Staten Island.

Okay, sure, it's an island populated almost entirely by northeastern blue collar whites but....still. 82%? Crazy
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 3:35:48 PM

Justice prevails.

Well if we're talking about a Hitler reincarnate after WW2, then I'd probably be pretty skeptical about that statement. But if it were Hitler before WW2, then you may be right, considering how great of a speaker/leader he was, especially given the point in time.

Just saying, a lot of these "horrible" leaders from around then (in terms of them being bad people, not bad leaders), like Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini, we may see them all as ruthless dictators who killed a bunch of people and did all this horrible stuff, but all three of them legally gained their power as a leader. They didn't take their position as leader by force, but instead got their position legally. So the same thing could happen to us.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:35:15 PM
At 4/20/2016 3:35:48 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Justice prevails.

Well if we're talking about a Hitler reincarnate after WW2, then I'd probably be pretty skeptical about that statement. But if it were Hitler before WW2, then you may be right, considering how great of a speaker/leader he was, especially given the point in time.

Yeah, there are a LOT of similarities between pre-WW2 Hitler and Donald Trump. They both talk a great game and spout a lot of BS and trick people into backing them, and then...well...we know how Hitler turned out.

Just saying, a lot of these "horrible" leaders from around then (in terms of them being bad people, not bad leaders), like Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini, we may see them all as ruthless dictators who killed a bunch of people and did all this horrible stuff, but all three of them legally gained their power as a leader. T

Yes, and Trump is exactly like them. His "legacy" will be just as bad in history or even worse - if there is a history to tell it when he causes WW3 nuclear war.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:37:32 PM
At 4/20/2016 5:35:15 PM, zoinks wrote:

Yes, and Trump is exactly like them. His "legacy" will be just as bad in history or even worse - if there is a history to tell it when he causes WW3 nuclear war.

Good, I can't wait to use this sunscreen and dance on your corpse.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:57:28 PM

Justice prevails.

This is all that needs to be said about your opinion. I think any sane individual does not share your opinion. Thanks for coming out.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:26:42 PM
At 4/20/2016 6:35:43 PM, Runn92 wrote:
Good

Yeahhhhh
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 8:23:01 PM
At 4/20/2016 6:37:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/20/2016 5:35:15 PM, zoinks wrote:

Good, I can't wait to use this sunscreen and dance on your corpse.

Good luck with that when you'll be no different than anyone else.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 8:24:28 PM
At 4/20/2016 6:57:28 PM, vortex86 wrote:

Justice prevails.

This is all that needs to be said about your opinion. I think any sane individual does not share your opinion. Thanks for coming out.

Any sane individual DOES share that opinion, because they all know Donald Trump is an unmitigated disaster.

The Trump supporters - now there's your insane people.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 8:52:19 PM

Justice prevails.

lol. But I just spent 5 hours doing duck and cover exercises!!!
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 10:12:48 PM
At 4/20/2016 8:52:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Justice prevails.

lol. But I just spent 5 hours doing duck and cover exercises!!!
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 10:22:00 PM

Justice prevails.

Unless the Republicans nominate Kasich (who has a shot at the Presidency), I feel like letting Trump have the nomination is the way to go. If Trump does not get the nomination he will prob campaign again in 2020, and the circus will begin every election year. I feel like the dems are lucky, as they prob will give the nomination to Hillary, who is extremely unlikable. But, Trump is one of the people is is disliked more than Hillary.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:49:51 AM
Dude is so stupid with the New York values statement, they all know he is talking about not only Dems, but people he views as Rinos, his statement crossed party lines, otherwise he would have just stated liberals
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:59:51 AM
At 4/20/2016 2:38:30 PM, TBR wrote:

Justice prevails.

Indiana
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:16:02 AM
At 4/20/2016 3:16:30 PM, thett3 wrote:
I still can't get over the fact that Trump got 82% of the vote on Staten Island.

Okay, sure, it's an island populated almost entirely by northeastern blue collar whites but....still. 82%? Crazy

I love that Ted Cruz was beat by Ben Carson in one district.

http://www.usatoday.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:20:26 PM
At 4/20/2016 10:22:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Justice prevails.

Unless the Republicans nominate Kasich (who has a shot at the Presidency), I feel like letting Trump have the nomination is the way to go.

So you feel like a Hillary Clinton presidency is the way to go.

You know, since Trump has no chance against her in the fall...

If Trump does not get the nomination he will prob campaign again in 2020, and the circus will begin every election year.

He won't be running for re-election as president, that's for sure.

I feel like the dems are lucky, as they prob will give the nomination to Hillary, who is extremely unlikable. But, Trump is one of the people is is disliked more than Hillary.

The dems are lucky because Trump is handing them the keys to the white house (yes, probably for Hillary). Trump is the one candidate the GOP could nominate who is sure to lose.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 10:18:01 PM
At 4/21/2016 3:20:26 PM, zoinks wrote:

Justice prevails.

Unless the Republicans nominate Kasich (who has a shot at the Presidency), I feel like letting Trump have the nomination is the way to go.

If Trump does not get the nomination he will prob campaign again in 2020, and the circus will begin every election year.

I feel like the dems are lucky, as they prob will give the nomination to Hillary, who is extremely unlikable. But, Trump is one of the people is is disliked more than Hillary.

The dems are lucky because Trump is handing them the keys to the white house (yes, probably for Hillary). Trump is the one candidate the GOP could nominate who is sure to lose.

I feel like the best way to shut Trump up is to give him the nomination and watch him get destroyed (or get "schlonged"), by the most unlikable democrat nominee that I can think of. Trump will never shut up and will become a martyr if he is denied the nomination.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 1:04:07 AM
At 4/21/2016 10:18:01 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Justice prevails.

I feel like the best way to shut Trump up is to give him the nomination and watch him get destroyed (or get "schlonged"), by the most unlikable democrat nominee that I can think of. Trump will never shut up and will become a martyr if he is denied the nomination.

Trump is going to get destroyed in November if he gets the nomination. It would take some sort of weird event (the Dem dies right before the election or something) or a huge mistake by a democrat to get him the win (like saying they support ISIS or something weird).
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 2:36:40 AM
At 4/23/2016 1:04:07 AM, zoinks wrote:

Justice prevails.

Trump is going to get destroyed in November if he gets the nomination. It would take some sort of weird event (the Dem dies right before the election or something) or a huge mistake by a democrat to get him the win (like saying they support ISIS or something weird).

And Ted Cruz can't even beat him. So what does that say about him? The people that support Cruz over Hillary are the ones that are voting against Trump. He's leading by a resounding margin, so if Trump would get rocked in the general election Ted Cruz would be laughed into oblivion.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 1:43:18 PM
At 4/23/2016 2:36:40 AM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/23/2016 1:04:07 AM, zoinks wrote:

Justice prevails.

And Ted Cruz can't even beat him. So what does that say about him?

Ted Cruz isn't the best candidate to beat someone with a cult of personality movement like Trump.

I think it's hilarious that Trump calls him Lyin Ted, but Trump is the biggest liar of them all. Nearly everything he says is complete BS.

The people that support Cruz over Hillary are the ones that are voting against Trump.

No, anyone who can think critically and think for themselves is voting against Trump. Trump supporters are people with no critical thinking skills and sheep who can't think for themselves.

He's leading by a resounding margin, so if Trump would get rocked in the general election Ted Cruz would be laughed into oblivion.

It would have no impact upon Cruz, actually, because Cruz would do better than Trump in the general. The reason is simple - Trump is hated by many more people (and with good reason).
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:15:22 AM
At 4/24/2016 1:43:18 PM, zoinks wrote:
He's leading by a resounding margin, so if Trump would get rocked in the general election Ted Cruz would be laughed into oblivion.

It would have no impact upon Cruz, actually, because Cruz would do better than Trump in the general. The reason is simple - Trump is hated by many more people (and with good reason).

Demographics:
Ted Cruz's - Those that self-identify as very conservative and Evangelicals.

States with highest Evangelicals: (Cruz 1/5)
1. Tennessee: 52% (Trump Won)
2. Alabama, Kentucky: 49% (Trump Won)
4. Oklahoma: 47% (Cruz Won)
5. Arkansas: 46% (Trump Won)

States that are the most Conservative: (Cruz 3/5)
1. Alabama: 50.6% (Trump Won)
2. North Dakota, Wyoming: 48.6% (Cruz Won)
3. Mississippi: 48.2% (Trump Won)
4. Utah: 48% (Cruz Won)
5. Oklahoma: 47.3% (Cruz Won)

Not looking good for his best demographics, he has no crossover appeal his base is what's listed above and those that live in or near the state he's from. All of which will be voting for Trump if he's the nominee.

Electoral Map prior to any candidate has Dems with 247 vs Reps with 206 (give or take a few, point being uphill battle).

Trump is beating Cruz in Independents, and Dems are surely not going to vote for Very Conservative Candidate.

Favorability/Unfavorability:
Cruz: Favorability - 31.5% Unfavorability - 54.8% and Rising
Trump: Favorability - 29.9% Unfavorability - 63.6% and Dropping

This is so close as it's not even a feasible to create any benefit, and Hillary is not much better (and getting worse)

Polling:
Trump vs Clinton - 8.5%+ Clinton (and dropping)
Cruz vs Clinton - 3% Clinton (and rising)

Basically, the only thing that would show Cruz would fair better are poll numbers which suggest Cruz is losing ground against Clinton and Trump is gaining it. This also relies on the polling that has heavily been shown to be wrong in favor of Trump.

So, please explain how Cruz would do better.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:55:18 PM
At 4/27/2016 11:15:22 AM, vortex86 wrote:

Demographics:

Not looking good for his best demographics, he has no crossover appeal his base is what's listed above and those that live in or near the state he's from. All of which will be voting for Trump if he's the nominee.

There are idiots across all demographics, and Trump voters have proven that. Not all people who would vote for Cruz will vote for Trump, who is maxed out.

Electoral Map prior to any candidate has Dems with 247 vs Reps with 206 (give or take a few, point being uphill battle).

Yes, but Trump will cost the Republicans many votes, so these numbers will be skewed further toward Democrats.

Trump is beating Cruz in Independents, and Dems are surely not going to vote for Very Conservative Candidate.

Many Republicans who would vote for anyone else with an R by their name will either vote Democrat against Trump or won't even vote at all (which is like half a vote for Democrat).

This is so close as it's not even a feasible to create any benefit, and Hillary is not much better (and getting worse)

Trump is consistently hated more than anyone else, and with good reason.

Polling:

I do not believe polling indicates Clinton is dropping versus Trump. Everything I've seen thus far indicates Clinton beats Trump and (ironically in some ways) Bernie DESTROYS Trump.

Basically, the only thing that would show Cruz would fair better are poll numbers which suggest Cruz is losing ground against Clinton and Trump is gaining it. This also relies on the polling that has heavily been shown to be wrong in favor of Trump.

The problem is that many Cruz voters will not ever vote for Trump, leaving them either sitting out or voting Democrat in the fall.

If Trump weren't in the race, many of his voters would be fine voting for Cruz.

See directly above.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 1:38:36 AM
At 4/27/2016 2:55:18 PM, zoinks wrote:
At 4/27/2016 11:15:22 AM, vortex86 wrote:

Demographics:

There are idiots across all demographics, and Trump voters have proven that. Not all people who would vote for Cruz will vote for Trump, who is maxed out.

Yes, but Trump will cost the Republicans many votes, so these numbers will be skewed further toward Democrats.

Many Republicans who would vote for anyone else with an R by their name will either vote Democrat against Trump or won't even vote at all (which is like half a vote for Democrat).

Polling:

I do not believe polling indicates Clinton is dropping versus Trump. Everything I've seen thus far indicates Clinton beats Trump and (ironically in some ways) Bernie DESTROYS Trump.

The problem is that many Cruz voters will not ever vote for Trump, leaving them either sitting out or voting Democrat in the fall.

See directly above.

10,056,690 votes for Trump in April, already more votes than Romney had, and California, New Jersey, and Indiana are still ahead. Record breaking votes, despite having 17 candidates. You're right, Cruz is going to do better. His ONLY appeal is Republicans and guess what he's not even coming close 68% of Trump's voters. He literally can't do better as there is 0 crossover appeal. What you see is what you get, and he's a loser.
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 7:17:58 AM
Demographics:

Polling:

See directly above.

10,056,690 votes for Trump in April, already more votes than Romney had, and California, New Jersey, and Indiana are still ahead.

That would mean people are coming out to the polls for a primary more than for Romney, which might mean something if Trump were running against Romney.

History shows primary turnout doesn't have anything to do with the results in a general election.

http://fivethirtyeight.com...

Record breaking votes, despite having 17 candidates.

Trump has used a cult of personality backed by enormous propaganda, and it fools a lot of people. It used to be most people would see past that stuff, especially when Trump also says a TON of stupid things, but what it shows is that America has gone downhill and people can't see past it anymore.

None of this will help in the general election, because Trump's base isn't going to grow enough to get that win.

You're right, Cruz is going to do better.

Cruz would get more women's votes, more hispanic votes, and more votes overall in the general election. Trump costs himself as many votes as he earns every time he opens his mouth.

His ONLY appeal is Republicans and guess what he's not even coming close 68% of Trump's voters.

Trump's ONLY appeal is xenophobic idiots and most of those are already on his side.

He literally can't do better as there is 0 crossover appeal. What you see is what you get, and he's a loser.

There's no crossover appeal for Trump, either. His only hope is Hillary acts as stupid as he does, and she probably wont' do that. Hillary is going to destroy Trump and it's going to be hilarious. Then he can get angry and slink back to his little Tower and probably fire a bunch of people like the whiny little brat he is.