Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Sore Losers

vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:07:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Members of the establishment said the Trump candidacy was a joke and he would lose steam early on. Then they spent millions in negative ads to try and thwart his candidacy. They then said he wouldn't get the 1237 for nomination. After the new york blowout, now you have politicians throwing out the impeachment word.

Kind of amusing considering one of the people talking about impeachment (Rep. Alan Grayson) is being investigated by the ethics committee.

http://www.politico.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:43:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 4:07:55 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Members of the establishment said the Trump candidacy was a joke and he would lose steam early on. Then they spent millions in negative ads to try and thwart his candidacy. They then said he wouldn't get the 1237 for nomination. After the new york blowout, now you have politicians throwing out the impeachment word.

Kind of amusing considering one of the people talking about impeachment (Rep. Alan Grayson) is being investigated by the ethics committee.

http://www.politico.com...

Yah, you can see how the StopObama movement panned out... I'm not worried about the flaccid establishment GOP in their death throes.
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:53:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 4:07:55 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Members of the establishment said the Trump candidacy was a joke and he would lose steam early on. Then they spent millions in negative ads to try and thwart his candidacy. They then said he wouldn't get the 1237 for nomination. After the new york blowout, now you have politicians throwing out the impeachment word.

Kind of amusing considering one of the people talking about impeachment (Rep. Alan Grayson) is being investigated by the ethics committee.

http://www.politico.com...

I always enjoy seeing Alan Grayson in the news because he's a complete slut for attention who's trying to build his career and failing at it spectacularly. Grayson tried to take credit for McCarthy opting not to become the next Speaker of the House just because he filed a motion on the hearing, and gave Grayson also gave his superdelegate vote to Bernie even though he endorsed Hillary as well. Its always fun to watch him do something stupid to try to be liked by people

https://thefloridasqueeze.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 3:09:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
""Even if Trump reaches the magic number' of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee"

"The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. "The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

"You become the presumptive nominee when you get 1,237 bound delegates. You officially become nominee when you have 1,237 votes on the floor of the convention."

Now they are talking about ignoring the fact that he "wins" the nomination. They are trying to blow their party up apparently...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 3:18:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/23/2016 3:09:35 AM, vortex86 wrote:
""Even if Trump reaches the magic number' of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee"

"The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. "The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

"You become the presumptive nominee when you get 1,237 bound delegates. You officially become nominee when you have 1,237 votes on the floor of the convention."

Now they are talking about ignoring the fact that he "wins" the nomination. They are trying to blow their party up apparently...

I think it is the Trump supporters that are trying to blow-up the party, right? Either way, they have ensured a loss in the general.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 3:21:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/23/2016 3:18:30 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/23/2016 3:09:35 AM, vortex86 wrote:
""Even if Trump reaches the magic number' of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee"

"The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. "The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

"You become the presumptive nominee when you get 1,237 bound delegates. You officially become nominee when you have 1,237 votes on the floor of the convention."

Now they are talking about ignoring the fact that he "wins" the nomination. They are trying to blow their party up apparently...

I think it is the Trump supporters that are trying to blow-up the party, right? Either way, they have ensured a loss in the general.

Good. RIP GOP. Won't miss ya.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 3:23:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/23/2016 3:21:07 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/23/2016 3:18:30 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/23/2016 3:09:35 AM, vortex86 wrote:
""Even if Trump reaches the magic number' of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee"

"The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. "The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

"You become the presumptive nominee when you get 1,237 bound delegates. You officially become nominee when you have 1,237 votes on the floor of the convention."

Now they are talking about ignoring the fact that he "wins" the nomination. They are trying to blow their party up apparently...

I think it is the Trump supporters that are trying to blow-up the party, right? Either way, they have ensured a loss in the general.

Good. RIP GOP. Won't miss ya.

This I can thank Trump supporters for. Good for you guys.
Peepette
Posts: 1,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 3:25:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Delegate votes or not, in my world Trump cannot win the GOP candidacy. The thought is insane. I have faith that this country has not become so stupid to fall for this clown. Worst case scenario if he does win, continued campaigning on the part of the other candidates will continue despite the primary outcome. Hopefully the sane and typically apathetic public will come out in force to oust the fool with votes. Yes, I'm a dreamer, but he's not presidential material.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 6:37:28 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/23/2016 3:18:30 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/23/2016 3:09:35 AM, vortex86 wrote:
""Even if Trump reaches the magic number' of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee"

"The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. "The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

"You become the presumptive nominee when you get 1,237 bound delegates. You officially become nominee when you have 1,237 votes on the floor of the convention."

Now they are talking about ignoring the fact that he "wins" the nomination. They are trying to blow their party up apparently...

I think it is the Trump supporters that are trying to blow-up the party, right? Either way, they have ensured a loss in the general.

Will you and everyone that said Trump can't win the general election eat crow if he does and profess that you were wrong on here? Polls have been wrong thus-far.

I will if he loses (with some caveats), the Republican party doesn't continue to sabotage him after he becomes the nominee (pushing for and supporting an independent candidate), negative campaigning against him instead of Hillary, etc. Also, if he wins the required delegate count but doesn't obtain the nomination.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 1:57:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/23/2016 6:37:28 AM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/23/2016 3:18:30 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/23/2016 3:09:35 AM, vortex86 wrote:
""Even if Trump reaches the magic number' of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee"

"The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. "The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

"You become the presumptive nominee when you get 1,237 bound delegates. You officially become nominee when you have 1,237 votes on the floor of the convention."

Now they are talking about ignoring the fact that he "wins" the nomination. They are trying to blow their party up apparently...

I think it is the Trump supporters that are trying to blow-up the party, right? Either way, they have ensured a loss in the general.

Will you and everyone that said Trump can't win the general election eat crow if he does and profess that you were wrong on here? Polls have been wrong thus-far.

I will if he loses (with some caveats), the Republican party doesn't continue to sabotage him after he becomes the nominee (pushing for and supporting an independent candidate), negative campaigning against him instead of Hillary, etc. Also, if he wins the required delegate count but doesn't obtain the nomination.

There are no caveats, he needs to win, and I have yet to hear any plausible EC map where that works for Trump. The GOP insiders know how fu@ked they are.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 4:21:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
Really? What party's nomination is he competing for again?
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 4:21:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 4:21:09 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
Really? What party's nomination is he competing for again?

With strong opposition from the party establishment.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 4:23:03 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 4:21:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:21:09 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
Really? What party's nomination is he competing for again?

With strong opposition from the party establishment.

Hence this thread about them being sore losers.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 4:28:08 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 4:21:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:21:09 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
Really? What party's nomination is he competing for again?

With strong opposition from the party establishment.

No doubt. The sane members of the party know he is doomed in the general. That, however, does not make him, or his supporters NOT GOP.

The problem you guys face now is your own making. Trump is going to be a blowout, and after this devastating loss, I have no idea where you go. The base of lunatics and malcontents have overthrown the party. Have fun with what remains
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:03:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 4:28:08 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:21:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:21:09 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
Really? What party's nomination is he competing for again?

With strong opposition from the party establishment.

No doubt. The sane members of the party know he is doomed in the general. That, however, does not make him, or his supporters NOT GOP.

The problem you guys face now is your own making. Trump is going to be a blowout, and after this devastating loss, I have no idea where you go. The base of lunatics and malcontents have overthrown the party. Have fun with what remains

"doomed in the general""devastating loss" "blowout"

Sane rationale people have an explanation for their logic. What are you basing this off of? The 25% of Sanders voters that say they'll vote Trump? The 47-31% of Independents that say they would vote for Trump over Clinton? The current polling showing Trump within the margin of error difference between a Head to Head Matchup? Or is it the large turnout of GOP voters vs DEM voters?

Their unpopularity ratings are very similar and she hasn't had negative campaign wars waged against her. Nor has he even started campaigning against her.

Please explain.

Or are you referring to the uphill battle the GOP already had going into this election (242 vs 219)? If that's the case this has nothing to do with sanity or Trump supporters. If anything he's pulling from states that have always been blue/ at least making it a fight.

States that are up in the air between Clinton vs Trump:

Very Blue States:
California (Clinton 28%)
Connecticut (Clinton 13%)
Delaware (Clinton 15.9%)
Dist Columbia (Clinton 80.3% lol)
Hawaii (Clinton 28.1%)
Illinois (Clinton 19.1%)
Maine (Clinton 13.5%)
Maryland (Clinton 31.1%)
Massachusetts (Clinton 29.4%)
Michigan (Clinton 8.8% and dropping) (16 EV)
Minnesota (clinton 5.0% and dropping) (10 EV)
New Jersey (Clinton 14%)
New York (Clinton 20.4%)
Oregon (Clinton 8.2%)
Pennsylvania (Clinton 7.8% and dropping) (20 EV)
Rhode Island (Clinton 27.6%)
Vermont (Clinton 25%)
Washington (Clinton 11.5%)
Wisconsin (Clinton 11.1%)
----------------------------
Mostly Blue States:
Iowa (0.8% and dropping) (6 EV)
New Hampshire (9% Clinton) (4 EV)
New Mexico ( 6.4% Clinton) (5 EV)
---------------------------
Little Less Blue:
Nevada (3.9% Clinton and dropping) (6 EV)
Ohio (3.4% Clinton and dropping) (18 EV)
---------------------------
Swing States:
Colorado (1.9% Trump and rising) (9 EV)
Florida (1.9% Clinton and dropping) (29 EV)
---------------------------
Slightly Red:
Missouri (4.7% Trump dropping) (10 EV)
Virginia (Clinton 12%) (13 EV)
--------------------------
Mostly Red Notables:
Georgia (3.6% Trump dropping) (16 EV)
North Carolina (Clinton 2.2% Dropping) (15 EV)

About 264 Guaranteed to Clinton and 252 Guaranteed to Trump (Even giving mostly red Georgia and South Carolina to Clinton)

Iowa and Minnesota puts Trump at 268 of 270. Definitely not a blowout.
slo1
Posts: 4,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:17:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
In the Iowa electronics market where people put their money where their mouth is, show the money is overwhelmingly on Trump after New York. More interestingly, Cruz has dropped below Kasich since then.

https://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu...
slo1
Posts: 4,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:20:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
On the presidential market the spread has moved 60% odds Democratic winner versus 40% Republican winner. That spread has happened since the first of this year.

https://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu...
slo1
Posts: 4,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:25:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Just as important the Senate and House.

Since the first of the year there was a reversal of R -Senate and R - House to D-Senate and R- House. Also, the odds of D-Senate & D-House rose to practically nothing to currently 20%

This implosion of the Republican party seems to be hurting the Senate and House races as well.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 5:17:27 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 4/25/2016 7:03:28 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:28:08 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:21:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:21:09 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 4:18:53 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/25/2016 3:42:25 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Colluding now to try and force a brokered convention.. I think we have reached a new low. Who would have thought that would be possible.

Who would have thought it would get this low? Like pushing a reality TeeVee star? Yea, lots of us are concerned with how low the GOP has stooped.

The GOP is definitely not pushing Trump.
Really? What party's nomination is he competing for again?

With strong opposition from the party establishment.

No doubt. The sane members of the party know he is doomed in the general. That, however, does not make him, or his supporters NOT GOP.

The problem you guys face now is your own making. Trump is going to be a blowout, and after this devastating loss, I have no idea where you go. The base of lunatics and malcontents have overthrown the party. Have fun with what remains

"doomed in the general""devastating loss" "blowout"

Sane rationale people have an explanation for their logic. What are you basing this off of? The 25% of Sanders voters that say they'll vote Trump? The 47-31% of Independents that say they would vote for Trump over Clinton? The current polling showing Trump within the margin of error difference between a Head to Head Matchup? Or is it the large turnout of GOP voters vs DEM voters?

Their unpopularity ratings are very similar and she hasn't had negative campaign wars waged against her. Nor has he even started campaigning against her.

Please explain.

Or are you referring to the uphill battle the GOP already had going into this election (242 vs 219)? If that's the case this has nothing to do with sanity or Trump supporters. If anything he's pulling from states that have always been blue/ at least making it a fight.

States that are up in the air between Clinton vs Trump:

Very Blue States:
California (Clinton 28%)
Connecticut (Clinton 13%)
Delaware (Clinton 15.9%)
Dist Columbia (Clinton 80.3% lol)
Hawaii (Clinton 28.1%)
Illinois (Clinton 19.1%)
Maine (Clinton 13.5%)
Maryland (Clinton 31.1%)
Massachusetts (Clinton 29.4%)
Michigan (Clinton 8.8% and dropping) (16 EV)
Minnesota (clinton 5.0% and dropping) (10 EV)
New Jersey (Clinton 14%)
New York (Clinton 20.4%)
Oregon (Clinton 8.2%)
Pennsylvania (Clinton 7.8% and dropping) (20 EV)
Rhode Island (Clinton 27.6%)
Vermont (Clinton 25%)
Washington (Clinton 11.5%)
Wisconsin (Clinton 11.1%)
----------------------------
Mostly Blue States:
Iowa (0.8% and dropping) (6 EV)
New Hampshire (9% Clinton) (4 EV)
New Mexico ( 6.4% Clinton) (5 EV)
---------------------------
Little Less Blue:
Nevada (3.9% Clinton and dropping) (6 EV)
Ohio (3.4% Clinton and dropping) (18 EV)
---------------------------
Swing States:
Colorado (1.9% Trump and rising) (9 EV)
Florida (1.9% Clinton and dropping) (29 EV)
---------------------------
Slightly Red:
Missouri (4.7% Trump dropping) (10 EV)
Virginia (Clinton 12%) (13 EV)
--------------------------
Mostly Red Notables:
Georgia (3.6% Trump dropping) (16 EV)
North Carolina (Clinton 2.2% Dropping) (15 EV)

About 264 Guaranteed to Clinton and 252 Guaranteed to Trump (Even giving mostly red Georgia and South Carolina to Clinton)

Iowa and Minnesota puts Trump at 268 of 270. Definitely not a blowout.

Yes
U.n
Posts: 214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 5:23:25 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 4/20/2016 4:07:55 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Members of the establishment said the Trump candidacy was a joke and he would lose steam early on. Then they spent millions in negative ads to try and thwart his candidacy. They then said he wouldn't get the 1237 for nomination. After the new york blowout, now you have politicians throwing out the impeachment word.

Kind of amusing considering one of the people talking about impeachment (Rep. Alan Grayson) is being investigated by the ethics committee.

http://www.politico.com...

Oh, Trump is still a joke. Get ready for 4 years of comedic gold. The amount of material he will provide is going to be unprecedented.