Jump to topic:

Whites who claim to hate white privelege

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 2:57:28 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Liberal whites love to falsely pander to minorities by denouncing their white privelege while they attend Yale, Brown, and Harvard. They aren't giving up those spots for minorities. They aren't gping to do anything for minorities. It's all a lie to make them feel good while not being good.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
EvanescentEfflorescence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:00:46 AM
At 4/21/2016 2:57:28 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Liberal whites love to falsely pander to minorities by denouncing their white privelege while they attend Yale, Brown, and Harvard. They aren't giving up those spots for minorities. They aren't gping to do anything for minorities. It's all a lie to make them feel good while not being good.

I agree with this OP, although I wish it were supported with evidence.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

No response:

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:02:38 AM

You speak the truth. You are 100% right. The politically correct people would kill themselves before they would admit this. They actually look down on minorities. They never want to give a hand up. they always want to give a hand out, with everyone else's money.
newgleugg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:57:22 AM

I argue that liberal white people don't have the obligation to give up everything that they acquired with privilege. They're simply good people who want to give everyone else the same privileges.
Just giving you my 50 cents
Overhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 6:09:27 PM
Is there a "I give up my place and you must give it to a racial minority option" at elite universities that no-one has ever previously brought to my attention? No? Then exactly what point are you trying to make?

Giving up a place at an elite university just means some other white person is likely to have it. It doesn't do a single thing to change the underlying dynamics of privilege.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 6:16:03 PM
At 4/21/2016 6:09:27 PM, Overhead wrote:
Is there a "I give up my place and you must give it to a racial minority option" at elite universities that no-one has ever previously brought to my attention? No? Then exactly what point are you trying to make?

Giving up a place at an elite university just means some other white person is likely to have it. It doesn't do a single thing to change the underlying dynamics of privilege.

I agree with you, and dyhe user above your post.

Acknowledging the existence is much different than rectifying it. This line of thinking, that of the OP, is a straw man. Same as I have herd from him and others over and over again.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 12:59:17 AM

Acknowledging the existence is much different than rectifying it. This line of thinking, that of the OP, is a straw man. Same as I have herd from him and others over and over again.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 1:01:46 AM
At 4/22/2016 12:59:17 AM, TBR wrote:

Any reason for the 6 hour double post? :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 1:04:40 AM
At 4/22/2016 1:01:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Yea, it was sitting open on my phone. Hit submit.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 1:37:20 AM
At 4/22/2016 1:04:40 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/22/2016 1:01:46 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Yea, it was sitting open on my phone. Hit submit.

Haha okay. just messing with ya bro
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 2:44:38 AM

Well those guys support affirmative action which makes them give up spots for minorities...
If white SJWs cared about minorities they'd actually be helping them instead of complaining about racist "microagressions"
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 3:01:34 AM
People are always going to be prejudice in ignorance. If you are offended by someone over this, you are more likely to reinforce their prejudices than help them get over it. People are brought up in different ways, and sheltered in different ways. Shaming, harassing, and mistreating someone because they don't know any better than what they know is not the right way.

When people retaliate because they assume that someone is being hateful, they themselves become guilty of what it was they were offended by. They have judged with insufficient information, and have become hateful in thought and action. Even these people don't know what they are doing, the often times are convinced they are doing the right thing. It's EASY, and it happens all the time.

I think it's a mistake to associate a white man today with people who happened to be white in the past. A white man today is not necessarily a descendant of a slave owner, and neither should they be held responsible for the imperialism against the tribes. This is an identity error.

I think it's dumb to use skin color and "race" as means of organizing people. I think it leads to more conflict than it actually solves. Unfortunately, it's unreasonable to tell people to stop doing this, as people tend to be prideful about how they define themselves.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,