Jump to topic:

Sanders and Kasich need to drop out

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 10:46:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
They're not going to win, they're just holding the nomination back.

Enough said.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 11:06:54 PM
Despite the fact that Marco Rubio dropped out last month and still holds more delegates than Kasich. At least he knew to drop out.
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:26:43 PM
At 4/21/2016 11:04:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Neither of them have any reason to drop out. In fact, their dropping out would be a tremendous mistake.
They're holding the nomination back . . . Listen, Clinton is going to win, period. Either Cruz or Trump is going to win, period. They don't have a chance, they're just being an annoyance.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:27:43 PM
At 4/21/2016 11:06:54 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
Despite the fact that Marco Rubio dropped out last month and still holds more delegates than Kasich. At least he knew to drop out.
Exactly . . . Even Rand Paul dropped out long before Rubio and Kasich, and we all know he had a better chance than them.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:32:53 PM
At 4/21/2016 10:46:20 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Enough said.

Yea, both of them have more to gain by staying in at this point.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:36:58 PM
Neither of them have any reason to drop out. In fact, their dropping out would be a tremendous mistake.

The consequences would be yuge
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:37:44 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:36:58 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

The consequences would be yuge

No.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:43:02 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:26:43 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
They're holding the nomination back . . . Listen, Clinton is going to win, period. Either Cruz or Trump is going to win, period. They don't have a chance, they're just being an annoyance.

Your mistake is assuming that winning the nomination is the only reason they're involved. It isn't. Sanders, and even Kasich to a lesser extent, are doing their parties a world of good by staying in. Sanders, for example, is stopping Clinton from pivoting back to the center. He's ensuring America finally has a genuine left again and ensuring that very real issues get talked about and moved center stage.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:58:03 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:43:02 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Your mistake is assuming that winning the nomination is the only reason they're involved. It isn't. Sanders, and even Kasich to a lesser extent, are doing their parties a world of good by staying in. Sanders, for example, is stopping Clinton from pivoting back to the center. He's ensuring America finally has a genuine left again and ensuring that very real issues get talked about and moved center stage.

Yup
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:06:24 PM

That's very illuminating coming from a self declared "moderate". I think you're confused.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:10:08 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:06:24 PM, vortex86 wrote:

That's very illuminating coming from a self declared "moderate". I think you're confused.

Independent, not moderate.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:15:02 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:10:08 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

http://oi65.tinypic.com...

My mistake
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:17:21 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:15:02 PM, vortex86 wrote:

My mistake

Yes, it is. Especially since "independent" isn't an ideology. Or are you actually naive enough to take people's profiles at face value?
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:21:08 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:32:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Enough said.

How exactly? They're wasting their money . . .
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:24:02 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:17:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

My mistake

Yes, it is. Especially since "independent" isn't an ideology. Or are you actually naive enough to take people's profiles at face value?

Ideology: a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy

Moderate: a moderate is an individual who is partisan, nor radical.

Naive enough to take someone's profile at face value, interesting assertion. I would think if you took the time to claim an ideology it would represent your beliefs. If this is not the case I don't think that makes me naive, but more so a misrepresentation. I never said anything about Independent being an Ideology, but an Independent Moderate you wouldn't think would be pushing for someone to push to the left as to not move to the center lol which is what I was pointing out.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:24:38 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:24:02 PM, vortex86 wrote:

My mistake

Ideology: a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy

Moderate: a moderate is an individual who is *not partisan, nor radical.

Naive enough to take someone's profile at face value, interesting assertion. I would think if you took the time to claim an ideology it would represent your beliefs. If this is not the case I don't think that makes me naive, but more so a misrepresentation. I never said anything about Independent being an Ideology, but an Independent Moderate you wouldn't think would be pushing for someone to push to the left as to not move to the center lol which is what I was pointing out.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:26:23 PM

Kasich doesn't need to be in, for one. We already have an anti-Trump force (Ted Cruz), and Kasich is just making it harder for Cruz to stop. Second, Sanders isn't doing any kind of service for the Democratic Party. The Democrats need to become more moderate, not farther left (as Sanders wants them to become).
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:28:29 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:21:08 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 4/22/2016 8:32:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Enough said.

How exactly? They're wasting their money . . .

Kasich is fooling himself in every regard. If they are going to thwart the will of the people and push a candidate that hasn't won even the amount of delegates of Rubio that dropped out. Rubio has just as much potential if not more to be the nominee than Kasich; Rubio was beating Clinton in the polls as well so beating Hillary doesn't give him any edge. The establishment is merely using him as well as Cruz to try and get Trump from hitting 1237 so they can get a contested convention. Notice the wording of Paul Ryan when he said, "someone that didn't even run shouldn't be the nominee". There were 17 Republicans that ran.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:28:30 PM

My mistake

Yup.

With your correction, yup.

Like I said - independent isn't an ideology. It's not an option on that list. I can't choose it. And choosing "other" just invites so many questions that it's bothersome, while not filling it out at all, like you, isn't conducive to anything. So, yes, it says moderate. So? Thett and Seventh's profiles says that they're female.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:30:40 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:26:23 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Kasich doesn't need to be in, for one. We already have an anti-Trump force (Ted Cruz), and Kasich is just making it harder for Cruz to stop. Second, Sanders isn't doing any kind of service for the Democratic Party. The Democrats need to become more moderate, not farther left (as Sanders wants them to become).

LOL
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No.

Cruz is a demonic, sociopathic spawn of Satan. Kasich is the sole remaining hope of the Republican establishment, and by far the best choice for the Republican nominee. And the Democrats are already center-right. The Overton Window is so far to the right in America that it's absurd. A real left hasn't existed since the 1970s. Sanders is a centrist - CENTRIST - to the rest of the civilized world. It's time we joined them.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:33:27 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:28:30 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

My mistake

Yup.

Like I said - independent isn't an ideology. It's not an option on that list. I can't choose it. And choosing "other" just invites so many questions that it's bothersome, while not filling it out at all, like you, isn't conducive to anything. So, yes, it says moderate. So? Thett and Seventh's profiles says that they're female.

Independent is listed as an option for political affiliation, which it obviously is instead of an ideology which you keep saying it is not (no one is arguing that point)
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:36:23 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:33:27 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/22/2016 9:28:30 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

My mistake

Yup.

Independent is listed as an option for political affiliation, which it obviously is instead of an ideology which you keep saying it is not (no one is arguing that point)

You mean "party?"
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:36:41 PM
I didn't mean to make it into a big thing. However, that statement hit me as ironic from someone identifying as a moderate. Anyways, sorry for bringing it up.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:38:20 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:36:41 PM, vortex86 wrote:
I didn't mean to make it into a big thing. However, that statement hit me as ironic from someone identifying as a moderate. Anyways, sorry for bringing it up.

Well, okay then.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 4:27:44 AM
This is, like, the tenth attempt you've made at this argument. Each time it just gets more pointless on your end.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 11:16:35 PM
How about Kasich becomes Cruz's running mate? That would be a win-win scenario. I mean, it appears they are already "teaming up" (see: http://www.cincinnati.com...).
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss