Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

I agree with President Obama's decision . . .

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 12:37:38 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I agree with President Obama's decision not to call the slaughter of innocent people in Armenia by the Turks a "genocide". This is crucial to maintaining good relations with Turkey, since it has the power to unleash wave after wave of refugees into Europe.

I also agree with President Putin's decision to attack all ISIS threats in Syria, including through carpet bombing and mass slaughter, to ensure the cancer is eradicated. Peace must come to Syria, and realistic methods that will ensure success must be used!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 12:39:21 PM
Rights do not exist by themselves. Nor will humans fully agree on what rights are and they should include.

Good job, Obama and Putin!
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 1:39:11 PM
At 4/22/2016 12:37:38 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I agree with President Obama's decision not to call the slaughter of innocent people in Armenia by the Turks a "genocide". This is crucial to maintaining good relations with Turkey, since it has the power to unleash wave after wave of refugees into Europe.

Never call a duck a duck for sake of relations. Sounds like senior Bush never pushing Libya for bombing Pan Am 103 where scores of us citizens were murdered. It is always gives such credibility to a leader and government when they look the other way.

I also agree with President Putin's decision to attack all ISIS threats in Syria, including through carpet bombing and mass slaughter, to ensure the cancer is eradicated. Peace must come to Syria, and realistic methods that will ensure success must be used!

Yes, I'm sure all the families of those who were killed part of the collateral damage are glad to see you are comfortable with Putin's policies.

Carry on my wayward son, there will be no peace when we are done.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 3:21:52 PM

Then you are wrong. The Armenian genocide happened, and our alliance with Turkey is not actually implicated by calling it as such.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:29:57 PM
The Armenian genocide happened literally 100 years ago now, I doubt Turkey would be mad over calling it what it is since it happened more than 2 generations ago....

Recognizing Kurdistan as an independent country would be way more impactful on US-Turkish relations than recognizing the Armenian Genocide as a genocide
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:32:40 PM
At 4/22/2016 4:29:57 PM, imabench wrote:
The Armenian genocide happened literally 100 years ago now, I doubt Turkey would be mad over calling it what it is since it happened more than 2 generations ago....

They still get pissy about it. But not so pissy it would threaten US-Turkish relations, but the fact is that the US needs to whip Turkey into line. They've been trading with ISIS and secretly supporting them in other ways, and that needs to stop. Really, the only difference between Turkey and Pakistan is a functioning economy. They have the same kinds of people in government.

Recognizing Kurdistan as an independent country would be way more impactful on US-Turkish relations than recognizing the Armenian Genocide as a genocide
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:51:05 PM
Turkey provides a significant boost to NATO's strength. However, it also risks dragging the alliance into a war with Russia that nobody wants or needs. As soon as the refugees have returned Obama should speak up.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 6:57:24 PM
At 4/22/2016 4:51:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Turkey provides a significant boost to NATO's strength. However, it also risks dragging the alliance into a war with Russia that nobody wants or needs. As soon as the refugees have returned Obama should speak up.

Trump will fix it. just have to wait a year.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:30:34 PM
At 4/22/2016 1:39:11 PM, slo1 wrote:

Never call a duck a duck for sake of relations. Sounds like senior Bush never pushing Libya for bombing Pan Am 103 where scores of us citizens were murdered. It is always gives such credibility to a leader and government when they look the other way.

Yes, I'm sure all the families of those who were killed part of the collateral damage are glad to see you are comfortable with Putin's policies.

The US Administration has admitted that they've killed innocent civilians in Syria in their own bombing campaign, so I honestly see little different between what the US military is doing and what Putin is doing. At least Putin understands that a lot of good people will have to die to eradicate the unacceptably dangerous mass of bad people. That's what happens when doctors treat cancers.

Many good cells die in the process. Sorry if you don't like that fact of life.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:38:29 PM
However, President Putin must take action that will scale back the killing of innocent civilians in Syria. He must demonstrate a respect for the lives of people everywhere and display why he is genuinely useful to the international community.

Only then can he be considered an agent of positive change in the world.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:40:34 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:38:29 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
However, President Putin must take action that will scale back the killing of innocent civilians in Syria. He must demonstrate a respect for the lives of people everywhere and display why he is genuinely useful to the international community.

Only then can he be considered an agent of positive change in the world.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:21:07 PM

Haha Turkey as an ally. Most worthless and useless ally there is.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:27:44 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:21:07 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Haha Turkey as an ally. Most worthless and useless ally there is.

No, Turkey is positioned in a very important part of the world and has assisted the United States in the war against terrorism. Secondly, Turkey is helping the United States and Europe with the complex refugee crisis resulting from the wars in Syria and Iraq.

Turkey is a valuable ally; a partner that US cannot overlook!!
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:48:24 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:30:34 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

The US Administration has admitted that they've killed innocent civilians in Syria in their own bombing campaign, so I honestly see little different between what the US military is doing and what Putin is doing. At least Putin understands that a lot of good people will have to die to eradicate the unacceptably dangerous mass of bad people. That's what happens when doctors treat cancers.

Don't get bent with me. All I said is that the families of those innocents lost in carpet bombing are really glad that you are so supportive of Putin. I'm sure when he dropped those bombs on non-isis targets to support Assad, even they will be ecstatic for your support of Putin. You should probably put a bust of him on your mantle.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 10:13:17 PM
At 4/22/2016 9:48:24 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 4/22/2016 8:30:34 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Don't get bent with me. All I said is that the families of those innocents lost in carpet bombing are really glad that you are so supportive of Putin. I'm sure when he dropped those bombs on non-isis targets to support Assad, even they will be ecstatic for your support of Putin. You should probably put a bust of him on your mantle.

Do you celebrate the American Founding Fathers, because many of them were awful people with disgusting minds, who promoted genocide and forced removal of Natives, and then justified all this by announcing pretty philosophical ideas about equality and human rights.

Putin is no worse than Washington or Jefferson. Yet we erect monuments to these two frauds.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 10:14:03 PM
And both Washington and Jefferson supported slavery and kept them. I don't see slaves inside of the Kremlin, do you?
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 10:14:59 PM
Putin can improve, I agree. But he's definitely no worse than some of the people America's celebrate like Gods.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 10:21:13 PM
Washington and Jefferson enslaved people and denied that equal rights extended to Natives. When Putin invaded Crimea, nobody died; it was peaceful.

Now tell me who's more deserving of punishment.