Jump to topic:

Lying Trump

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:18:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
While Hillary Clinton is rightfully called out as a panderer by both dems and republicans, I feel like, at least among his supporters, Trump is labeled a "tell it like it is" politician, when the reality is that he is just as much as a panderer as any of them.

Trump flip-flopped on abortion within hours, and says extreme things for the sole purpose of riling up voters. Does anyone really believe that he thought Obama was born in Kenya? Further, Trump's campaign manager has said that the image he projects is not what he really is.

Trump will flip-flop in the general election to pander to the general election voter.

"Trump is an outsider and that's why many of you don't know him, but when he's sitting in a room, he's talking business, he's talking politics in a private room, it's a different persona," Manafort told the crowd. "When he's out on the stage, when he's talking about the kind of things when he's out on the stump, he's projecting an image that's for that purpose and the two you'll start to see coming together in the course of the next several months."

"He gets it," Manafort told RNC members. "The part that he"s been playing is now evolving into the part that you"ve been expecting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

http://www.cnn.com...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:24:59 PM
I don't think he really sounds that outrageous.

I also get why he operates differently at a rally than behind the scenes. It's a rally, it's about working the crowd and motivating people to get actively involved.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:31:53 PM
At 4/24/2016 2:24:59 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

I also get why he operates differently at a rally than behind the scenes. It's a rally, it's about working the crowd and motivating people to get actively involved.

Yea, its about pandering to fools. Deceiving the masses for votes. How is that a positive?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:33:40 PM
That's unavoidable.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:39:40 PM
At 4/24/2016 2:24:59 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Here are a few Trump quotes. You do not think there is anything outrageous in their?

There is something on that birth certificate " maybe religion, maybe it says he"s a Muslim, I don"t know. Maybe he doesn"t want that. Or, he may not have one

I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will make Mexico pay for that wall.

"There"s nobody bigger or better at the military than I am"

"Just the other day, 2 years old, 2" years old, a child, a beautiful child went to have the vaccine, and came back, and a week later got a tremendous fever, got very, very sick, now is autistic."
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:40:55 PM
They are only outrageous if you presume a certain bias.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:46:57 PM
At 4/24/2016 2:40:55 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
They are only outrageous if you presume a certain bias.

Well, it is scientifically proven that vaccines do not cause autism.

Building wall seems like a waste of money that will be ineffective and cost tons of money to maintain. Making Mexico pay for the wall is a move that Trump may not have the power to do, that will be a diplomatic disaster.

There is no reason to think Obama was born in Kenya other than the color of his skin.

His military comment is meaningless.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:58:49 PM
Why should I be concerned with any of this stuff?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:02:00 PM
At 4/24/2016 2:58:49 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Concerned with who will be president? Or concerned that Trump is a 2d guy who plays a audience for votes, saying any outrageous thing will appeal to the dimwitted?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:03:46 PM
There's practically no other way to do politics.

Really, you think that anyone else who has a shot at winning are doing anything different?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:47:15 PM

It would be better to have a candidate that actually stands for something instead of just pandering. Trump labels himself "as a politician who does not lie and tells it like it is". So, I feel like voters should be aware that if are going to support Trump, you should at least know he is a every bit of a pandering/liar, as his opponents that he criticizes for pandering.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:48:40 PM
At 4/24/2016 3:02:00 PM, TBR wrote:

Concerned with who will be president? Or concerned that Trump is a 2d guy who plays a audience for votes, saying any outrageous thing will appeal to the dimwitted?

A dimwit's vote is the same as yours, unfortunately.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:53:47 PM
At 4/24/2016 3:48:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:02:00 PM, TBR wrote:

A dimwit's vote is the same as yours, unfortunately.

Yup. They count the same. No doubt about that.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:56:07 PM
Trump isn't nearly as bad as Hilary, and it looks like she's going to be his opposition.