Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

General Election: Clinton vs. Trump

Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 4:45:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I expect Trump to come straight out and say that Hillary is a paid shill, because he has personally bought her before.

That's just the opening punch.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.
musicalone
Posts: 163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:40:08 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond? : :

If I were Donald Trump, I would talk about my ability to make money through hard work and being able to negotiate contracts. Then I would turn the table over to Hillary and ask her how she made all her millions.
Peepette
Posts: 1,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:43:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Trump would definitely go for all the Hillary low hanging fruit and squash her. But I wonder if this tactic would backfire. I personally don't like either of them
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:48:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 4:45:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I expect Trump to come straight out and say that Hillary is a paid shill, because he has personally bought her before.

That's just the opening punch.

I definitely think he will throw that at her, but I wonder if this would just open himself up to the criticism that he is the establishment.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:50:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.

Why would you think that? The only reason Trump has escaped relatively unscathed from the republican debates is because they spent more time throwing mud at each other than talking about policy. I don't think that would work in a one on one presidential debate, and when it comes to having a handle on the issues Trump would not stand a chance against Hillary.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:52:14 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 5:48:18 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 4:45:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I expect Trump to come straight out and say that Hillary is a paid shill, because he has personally bought her before.

That's just the opening punch.

I definitely think he will throw that at her, but I wonder if this would just open himself up to the criticism that he is the establishment.

He already has his canned answer "I am a businessman, I have to get along with everyone"
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:02:40 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 5:50:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.

Why would you think that? The only reason Trump has escaped relatively unscathed from the republican debates is because they spent more time throwing mud at each other than talking about policy. I don't think that would work in a one on one presidential debate, and when it comes to having a handle on the issues Trump would not stand a chance against Hillary.

Hillary's polling average against Trump is in the single digits. And we're in April right now....
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:15:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 6:02:40 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:50:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.

Why would you think that? The only reason Trump has escaped relatively unscathed from the republican debates is because they spent more time throwing mud at each other than talking about policy. I don't think that would work in a one on one presidential debate, and when it comes to having a handle on the issues Trump would not stand a chance against Hillary.

Hillary's polling average against Trump is in the single digits. And we're in April right now....

I wasn't referring to poll numbers, I was referring to the discussion. Specifically, the idea that Trump would "schlong" her on a debate stage. I have never heard a candidate attempt to talk about political issues with such a lack of depth as Trump. He has no idea what he is talking about and has yet had a reason to worry about that. Clinton on the other hand has as much knowledge and experience as anyone out there. In a real debate on a national stage between the two Hillary would humiliate Trump.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:21:39 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 6:15:46 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:02:40 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:50:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.

Why would you think that? The only reason Trump has escaped relatively unscathed from the republican debates is because they spent more time throwing mud at each other than talking about policy. I don't think that would work in a one on one presidential debate, and when it comes to having a handle on the issues Trump would not stand a chance against Hillary.

Hillary's polling average against Trump is in the single digits. And we're in April right now....

I wasn't referring to poll numbers, I was referring to the discussion. Specifically, the idea that Trump would "schlong" her on a debate stage. I have never heard a candidate attempt to talk about political issues with such a lack of depth as Trump. He has no idea what he is talking about and has yet had a reason to worry about that. Clinton on the other hand has as much knowledge and experience as anyone out there. In a real debate on a national stage between the two Hillary would humiliate Trump.

Actually, no, I disagree. You have no idea what you're dealing with here. Everyone thought Bush would win and Trump destroyed him. Bush is also a smart and knowledgeable guy with experience. She won't stand a chance, primarily because Trump knows how to exploit her weaknesses.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:23:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 6:21:39 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:15:46 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:02:40 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:50:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.

Why would you think that? The only reason Trump has escaped relatively unscathed from the republican debates is because they spent more time throwing mud at each other than talking about policy. I don't think that would work in a one on one presidential debate, and when it comes to having a handle on the issues Trump would not stand a chance against Hillary.

Hillary's polling average against Trump is in the single digits. And we're in April right now....

I wasn't referring to poll numbers, I was referring to the discussion. Specifically, the idea that Trump would "schlong" her on a debate stage. I have never heard a candidate attempt to talk about political issues with such a lack of depth as Trump. He has no idea what he is talking about and has yet had a reason to worry about that. Clinton on the other hand has as much knowledge and experience as anyone out there. In a real debate on a national stage between the two Hillary would humiliate Trump.

Actually, no, I disagree. You have no idea what you're dealing with here. Everyone thought Bush would win and Trump destroyed him. Bush is also a smart and knowledgeable guy with experience. She won't stand a chance, primarily because Trump knows how to exploit her weaknesses.

Would you argue that Trump has a strong handle on the issues that would be discussed during a Presidential debate? Yes or No?
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:25:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 6:23:56 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:21:39 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:15:46 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:02:40 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:50:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:19:34 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:59:54 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Hilary would probably be better off adopting the stance of not speaking to Trump. A debate between Hilary and Trump would be ridiculously one sided if you ask me, and probably bring about the death of Hilary's career in politics. I think it would swing a lot of democrats even.

I don't think I'm just saying that because I don't like Hilary either. I think there is actually some real substance to that.

I agree. He would "schlong" her.

Why would you think that? The only reason Trump has escaped relatively unscathed from the republican debates is because they spent more time throwing mud at each other than talking about policy. I don't think that would work in a one on one presidential debate, and when it comes to having a handle on the issues Trump would not stand a chance against Hillary.

Hillary's polling average against Trump is in the single digits. And we're in April right now....

I wasn't referring to poll numbers, I was referring to the discussion. Specifically, the idea that Trump would "schlong" her on a debate stage. I have never heard a candidate attempt to talk about political issues with such a lack of depth as Trump. He has no idea what he is talking about and has yet had a reason to worry about that. Clinton on the other hand has as much knowledge and experience as anyone out there. In a real debate on a national stage between the two Hillary would humiliate Trump.

Actually, no, I disagree. You have no idea what you're dealing with here. Everyone thought Bush would win and Trump destroyed him. Bush is also a smart and knowledgeable guy with experience. She won't stand a chance, primarily because Trump knows how to exploit her weaknesses.

Would you argue that Trump has a strong handle on the issues that would be discussed during a Presidential debate? Yes or No?

I would argue both Clinton and Trump don't have a strong handle on the issues making it come out even.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:26:59 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 6:25:16 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:23:56 PM, Double_R wrote:
Would you argue that Trump has a strong handle on the issues that would be discussed during a Presidential debate? Yes or No?

I would argue both Clinton and Trump don't have a strong handle on the issues making it come out even.

Whatever makes you feel better.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:32:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 6:26:59 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:25:16 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:23:56 PM, Double_R wrote:
Would you argue that Trump has a strong handle on the issues that would be discussed during a Presidential debate? Yes or No?

I would argue both Clinton and Trump don't have a strong handle on the issues making it come out even.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Thanks :)
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:05:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?

Trumps biggest advantage is that he's already been hit hard by his opposition during the primary. Hillary has been lobbed softball after softball by Bernie, who has made a 'clean campaign' the center of his campaign. The result is that Trump will bring out such an onslaught when he first goes against Clinton that she will be on the defensive and unable to counter with the cool confidence which is her hallmark. When she throws things back at him, it's stuff that he's already had to deal with, and which has lost its potency to sway people at this point. Trump doesn't have to beat Hillary at a fair debate, he just has to make her look worse than him. That's well within reach, as he's a deadly rhetorician.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:13:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 4:45:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I expect Trump to come straight out and say that Hillary is a paid shill, because he has personally bought her before.

That's just the opening punch.

Yup.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:16:40 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 5:55:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Clinton would win. Tragically. Trump's unfavorable ratings are massive.

Most revolutionaries are.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:21:37 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:05:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?

Trumps biggest advantage is that he's already been hit hard by his opposition during the primary. Hillary has been lobbed softball after softball by Bernie, who has made a 'clean campaign' the center of his campaign. The result is that Trump will bring out such an onslaught when he first goes against Clinton that she will be on the defensive and unable to counter with the cool confidence which is her hallmark. When she throws things back at him, it's stuff that he's already had to deal with, and which has lost its potency to sway people at this point. Trump doesn't have to beat Hillary at a fair debate, he just has to make her look worse than him. That's well within reach, as he's a deadly rhetorician.

And a nimble navigator.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:23:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:16:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:55:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Clinton would win. Tragically. Trump's unfavorable ratings are massive.

Most revolutionaries are.

Well, that's exceedingly generous.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:28:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:23:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/24/2016 7:16:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:55:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Clinton would win. Tragically. Trump's unfavorable ratings are massive.

Most revolutionaries are.

Well, that's exceedingly generous.

Nobody likes a centipede in their house, until he kills the resident rat for you.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:41:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:05:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?

Trumps biggest advantage is that he's already been hit hard by his opposition during the primary. Hillary has been lobbed softball after softball by Bernie, who has made a 'clean campaign' the center of his campaign. The result is that Trump will bring out such an onslaught when he first goes against Clinton that she will be on the defensive and unable to counter with the cool confidence which is her hallmark. When she throws things back at him, it's stuff that he's already had to deal with, and which has lost its potency to sway people at this point. Trump doesn't have to beat Hillary at a fair debate, he just has to make her look worse than him. That's well within reach, as he's a deadly rhetorician.

Exactly. In April of 2012, Romney's polling average had him 16 point behind Obama and by November, only a fraction of a percent behind Obama. Hillary on the other hand is only ahead of Trump by 9 points. What's worse is the Democrats know that and yet they still want to take a gamble with Hillary. SMH
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:48:26 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:05:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?

Trumps biggest advantage is that he's already been hit hard by his opposition during the primary. Hillary has been lobbed softball after softball by Bernie, who has made a 'clean campaign' the center of his campaign. The result is that Trump will bring out such an onslaught when he first goes against Clinton that she will be on the defensive and unable to counter with the cool confidence which is her hallmark. When she throws things back at him, it's stuff that he's already had to deal with, and which has lost its potency to sway people at this point. Trump doesn't have to beat Hillary at a fair debate, he just has to make her look worse than him. That's well within reach, as he's a deadly rhetorician.

I highly doubt that. Fox News has been going after Clinton for years, what will Trump possibly have to say that Fox has not already beaten to death?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:10:25 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Trump was on a comedy central roast.

How do you run a smear campaign on somebody who has already been on a comedy central roast?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:30:24 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:48:26 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 7:05:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?

Trumps biggest advantage is that he's already been hit hard by his opposition during the primary. Hillary has been lobbed softball after softball by Bernie, who has made a 'clean campaign' the center of his campaign. The result is that Trump will bring out such an onslaught when he first goes against Clinton that she will be on the defensive and unable to counter with the cool confidence which is her hallmark. When she throws things back at him, it's stuff that he's already had to deal with, and which has lost its potency to sway people at this point. Trump doesn't have to beat Hillary at a fair debate, he just has to make her look worse than him. That's well within reach, as he's a deadly rhetorician.

I highly doubt that. Fox News has been going after Clinton for years, what will Trump possibly have to say that Fox has not already beaten to death?

Trump doesn't have to convince Fox News listeners, so what they've been saying is pretty irrelevant to his angle of attack when it comes to Clinton.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:31:43 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 4:45:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I expect Trump to come straight out and say that Hillary is a paid shill, because he has personally bought her before.

That's just the opening punch.
Yes please
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 9:05:25 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 7:48:26 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 7:05:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/24/2016 3:51:35 PM, Double_R wrote:
We still have ways to go before we can be certain who the nominees will be for each party, but it seems like a likely outcome that it will be Clinton vs. Trump. So for this thread let's just assume that this is the match-up.

Question is: What arguments will each candidate levy against each other? And how will each candidate respond?

Trumps biggest advantage is that he's already been hit hard by his opposition during the primary. Hillary has been lobbed softball after softball by Bernie, who has made a 'clean campaign' the center of his campaign. The result is that Trump will bring out such an onslaught when he first goes against Clinton that she will be on the defensive and unable to counter with the cool confidence which is her hallmark. When she throws things back at him, it's stuff that he's already had to deal with, and which has lost its potency to sway people at this point. Trump doesn't have to beat Hillary at a fair debate, he just has to make her look worse than him. That's well within reach, as he's a deadly rhetorician.

I highly doubt that. Fox News has been going after Clinton for years, what will Trump possibly have to say that Fox has not already beaten to death?

Can you name several issues that Hillary is better on?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 9:23:59 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 5:52:14 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:48:18 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 4/24/2016 4:45:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I expect Trump to come straight out and say that Hillary is a paid shill, because he has personally bought her before.

That's just the opening punch.

I definitely think he will throw that at her, but I wonder if this would just open himself up to the criticism that he is the establishment.

He already has his canned answer "I am a businessman, I have to get along with everyone"

He "says" he gets along with everyone, but I have never seen a candidate get in so many fights with people.