Jump to topic:

#NeverTrump is happening

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:13:38 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Kasich has just announced they are pulling out of Indiana to give Cruz the path to victory there. Cruz camp has reciprocated and is pulling out of Oregon and New Mexico.

http://media0.giphy.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:18:43 AM
gay
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:19:04 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:18:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
gay
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
musicalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:25:53 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:13:38 AM, TN05 wrote:
Kasich has just announced they are pulling out of Indiana to give Cruz the path to victory there. Cruz camp has reciprocated and is pulling out of Oregon and New Mexico.

http://media0.giphy.com... : :

They should both pull out of the race and wait until the convention then. It would save millions of dollars if they did.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:27:20 AM
It's hilarious how socially inept the GOPe is...even if this won them Indiana, which it probably won't, the optics of this are just terrible. 100% this will backfire on them, like most of their fiendishly clever plans
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:28:01 AM
Now taking bets...how long after Indiana until Cruz reneges on his part of the deal?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

musicalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:33:25 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:28:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
Now taking bets...how long after Indiana until Cruz reneges on his part of the deal? : :

Why would a natural born Canadian and self-admitted heathen who calls himself a Christian care about being honest in a U.S. presidential election?
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:34:22 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:27:20 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's hilarious how socially inept the GOPe is...even if this won them Indiana, which it probably won't, the optics of this are just terrible. 100% this will backfire on them, like most of their fiendishly clever plans

Didn't backfire in Ohio.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:35:14 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:33:38 AM, TN05 wrote:
gay

Trump loves the gays

I thought real Christians were supposed to love everyone
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

musicalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:36:34 AM
gay

Trump loves the gays : :

So does Hillary Clinton. In fact, she loves married men who get blow-jobs from their servants.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:37:48 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:34:22 AM, TN05 wrote:

Didn't backfire in Ohio.

Because Kasich, rightfully, told Rubio the fck right off because he wanted to win fair and square. He didn't want to tag team.

Believe me, the optics of this are terrible. But I ain't even mad...just exposing the GOP for what it is even more, which is what I want
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:39:33 AM

YES, that means Kasich will come to my state

But that is weird, because Cruz is polling well here... Or at least he was. Internals must be showing something different.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:42:28 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:28:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
Now taking bets...how long after Indiana until Cruz reneges on his part of the deal?

Ten seconds.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:47:49 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:35:14 AM, thett3 wrote:
gay

Trump loves the gays

When you love someone you don't let a pervert use your bathroom next to children
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:49:54 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:47:49 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 2:35:14 AM, thett3 wrote:
gay

Trump loves the gays

When you love someone you don't let a pervert use your bathroom next to children

I trust you with my children
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:51:05 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:37:48 AM, thett3 wrote:

Didn't backfire in Ohio.

Because Kasich, rightfully, told Rubio the fck right off because he wanted to win fair and square. He didn't want to tag team.

Ah, not the case. Cruz also pulled out. He only got 13% of the vote - well below average for him in what amounted to a three-way race. If Trump doesn't have enough of a base of support to win a two-man race, that's his problem.

Believe me, the optics of this are terrible. But I ain't even mad...just exposing the GOP for what it is even more, which is what I want

Optics aren't terrible, actually. I demonstrates willingness to compromise and recognition of reality. If anything it aims to improve party unity. It only looks bad to you because it hurts Trump, and obviously anything that hurts Trump isn't just bad - it's cheating, because obviously Trump only loses when he is cheated.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:53:26 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:39:33 AM, 16kadams wrote:

But that is weird, because Cruz is polling well here... Or at least he was. Internals must be showing something different.

He was doing well there, yes. But Indiana has far more delegates and is winner take all, both statewide and in congressional districts. New Mexico is proportional. He'll still hit 15% and nab some delegates, but he'll likely rob Trump of a win. It's a win-win for him.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:54:02 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:53:26 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 2:39:33 AM, 16kadams wrote:

He was doing well there, yes. But Indiana has far more delegates and is winner take all, both statewide and in congressional districts. New Mexico is proportional. He'll still hit 15% and nab some delegates, but he'll likely rob Trump of a win. It's a win-win for him.

It is decided, then: I will vote Kasich in NM. I even have a Kasich bumper sticker XD
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:55:40 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:51:05 AM, TN05 wrote:

Didn't backfire in Ohio.

Ah, not the case. Cruz also pulled out. He only got 13% of the vote - well below average for him in what amounted to a three-way race. If Trump doesn't have enough of a base of support to win a two-man race, that's his problem.

Cruz held a rally in Ohio two days before the vote you nerd: http://www.eventbrite.com...

Optics aren't terrible, actually. I demonstrates willingness to compromise and recognition of reality. If anything it aims to improve party unity. It only looks bad to you because it hurts Trump, and obviously anything that hurts Trump isn't just bad - it's cheating, because obviously Trump only loses when he is cheated.

U r truly delusional if you think that this promotes party unity. Even if Trump couldn't beat either of them head to head (which I reject), even if Trump really only has a solid base of 40%, the two guys with smaller bases uniting to cut out the plurality is NOT party unity lmao

these noobs would've dropped out ages ago in any other primary season...they have so much to learn. The Trump simply cannot be stumped
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:14:35 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:55:40 AM, thett3 wrote:

Didn't backfire in Ohio.

Cruz held a rally in Ohio two days before the vote you nerd: http://www.eventbrite.com...

And yet he won 13%. He did not campaign seriously enough to warrant support there.

U r truly delusional if you think that this promotes party unity.

Two of the three candidates are uniting.

Even if Trump couldn't beat either of them head to head (which I reject), even if Trump really only has a solid base of 40%, the two guys with smaller bases uniting to cut out the plurality is NOT party unity lmao

these noobs would've dropped out ages ago in any other primary season...they have so much to learn. The Trump simply cannot be stumped

He can, and is, being stopped. He's basically already admitted he loses at second ballot. It's going to convention. And since Trump is utterly inept at the delegate game, he's going to lose.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:18:14 AM
Neat.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:20:22 AM
At 4/25/2016 3:14:35 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 4/25/2016 2:55:40 AM, thett3 wrote:

Didn't backfire in Ohio.

And yet he won 13%. He did not campaign seriously enough to warrant support there.

Maybe he only won 13% because he looks like a cross between a melting wax sculpture and a B-list actor

U r truly delusional if you think that this promotes party unity.

Two of the three candidates are uniting.

Please never become a political consultant.

This is not a brilliant political masterstroke, it's a Hail Mary driven by desperation. I doubt it will work. The Fox Poll had Trump beating Cruz head to head in Indiana before Cruz tried to win this way.

And sorry, try to convince yourself all you want but the optics of this are terrible--and deep down you know I'm right about this (and everything else)

Even if Trump couldn't beat either of them head to head (which I reject), even if Trump really only has a solid base of 40%, the two guys with smaller bases uniting to cut out the plurality is NOT party unity lmao

He can, and is, being stopped. He's basically already admitted he loses at second ballot. It's going to convention. And since Trump is utterly inept at the delegate game, he's going to lose.

I doubt it's going to convention. Teflon Don is pushing 50 in California...I knew there was still some hope for my second home state.

But the fact that you think a convention is even a remotely good or sane idea is telling. Make no mistake, you do that and the party is finished.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:28:09 AM
At 4/25/2016 3:18:14 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Neat.

If you're interested in GOP implosion. I'm pretty close to preferring Trump to Clinton.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:29:59 AM
If Reince Priebus has any integrity, he should speak against this.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:32:11 AM
At 4/25/2016 3:29:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
If Reince Priebus has any integrity, he should speak against this.

So far Reince has actually been relatively fair to Trump (far more than I would've expected at least) so there's actually a chance that he might.

He's 100% against it privately...most of the top GOP brass has been annoyed with Cruz and Kasich for a while. They don't like Trump but they see the writing on the wall
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:42:34 AM
Hey guys, he's pretty sensitive about his twitter feed but I really feel the need to warn you...don't try to mess with TN05 physically, okay? https://twitter.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett