Jump to topic:

Republican Convention

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 11:40:14 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I know Trump has a chance to get the delegates he needs before the Republican Convention.

But, I thought it would be fun to talk about. If it comes down to the Convention, what happens and who gets the nomination. Does Trump get it, Kasich, Cruz, or someone else. If someone else, who would it be? Paul Ryan said he would not run.

I feel like Kasich is the only person of the three who could beat Hillary. While it may be tempting to give the nomination to Trump, I feel like he would drive more people away from the GOP than he would bring in.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:04:26 AM
Trump will get the nomination on the first ballot at the convention, barring some act of God or an assassins bullet. Even if he fails to win 1237 bound delegates, he will be so close that the RNC will not tempt fate and will convince enough of the 200 or so unbound delegates to vote for Trump.

This talk of a brokered convention stems from boredom in the media who needs a story and desperate hope from Cruz and Kasich
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 12:08:48 AM
At 4/25/2016 11:40:14 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I know Trump has a chance to get the delegates he needs before the Republican Convention.

But, I thought it would be fun to talk about. If it comes down to the Convention, what happens and who gets the nomination. Does Trump get it, Kasich, Cruz, or someone else. If someone else, who would it be? Paul Ryan said he would not run.

I feel like Kasich is the only person of the three who could beat Hillary. While it may be tempting to give the nomination to Trump, I feel like he would drive more people away from the GOP than he would bring in.

Cruz will eventually bow to Trump and realize that he's the God-Emperor this world needs right now, but not the one it deserves.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...