Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The biggest Trump strawman

triangle.128k
Posts: 3,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:31:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

This is said around every election. Some people do move, I know of a gay couple that moved to NZ for eight years while Bush was president, but generally no - they don't move. Other problems keep them from picking-up and moving.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:41:24 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:41:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:43:38 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Jeb is a big..fat mess.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:47:01 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

https://www.google.com...
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:48:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:47:01 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

https://www.google.com...

well that linked to the wrong page

http://www.gannett-cdn.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:52:14 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:48:58 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:47:01 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

https://www.google.com...

well that linked to the wrong page

http://www.gannett-cdn.com...

I dare you to click on the zoom in button....
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:57:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:52:14 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:48:58 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:47:01 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

https://www.google.com...

well that linked to the wrong page

http://www.gannett-cdn.com...

I dare you to click on the zoom in button....

<3
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 9:38:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Honestly, I am probably moving to Canada if Trump is elected.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 9:48:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 9:38:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Honestly, I am probably moving to Canada if Trump is elected.

I hope Cruz returns as well.
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 10:13:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Americans also said they would move to Canada if gay marriage was passed.

Nobody's moving anywhere.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 10:16:15 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 10:13:46 PM, lamerde wrote:
Americans also said they would move to Canada if gay marriage was passed.

Nobody's moving anywhere.
Unfortunately..
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 10:24:08 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
The whole "move to [country X] if [occurrence of a political event]." notion is stupid.

America is a nice and comfortable place to live, and even though our politics can be rhetorically nasty at times, as can our political figures, people don't leave their homes, lives, and families over something as trivial as a change in political power.

If there was something more going on that endangered people's lives, liberty, or safety, I could understand moving. For example, if Kentucky passed a law granting immunity to thugs who brutalized transgendered people as an exercise of the thugs' religious liberty rights, I can certainly understand moving from Kentucky to somewhere else within the United States.

If the United States declared war on China and instituted a draft to which a person may be subject, or which endangered residents of Western states due to the risk of a territorial invasion, I can certainly understand picking up and leaving or never returning.

But, that's the level of risk that would have to be in play to get people (other than nuts, eccentrics, and the like) to actually pick up and move. Short of that, nobody's going nowhere. haha

Really, I think that people who even joke about that kind of thing don't really have an adequate sense of perspective. Consider that in some places in the world, changes in political power could endanger your life, if you fall within certain categories of people.

In what remains of certain parts of Iraq, where ISIS exercises dominion, if you are gay you could be tortured and killed. If you are a woman who has the audacity to show any part of your body, you risk torture and execution. If you are accused of adultery, you risk execution. If you do not subscribe to the particular species of Islam that ISIS practices, you risk execution. That is a circumstance in which it would be reasonable to get the fvck out of the country (whether you should be welcomed into another country is another matter). Though, a more reasonable alternative would be to resist and stage the overthrow of that terrorist state.
Tsar of DDO
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 10:46:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 9:38:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Honestly, I am probably moving to Canada if Trump is elected.

Ladies and gentlemen, here I present the exact phrase I was talking about.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 10:49:37 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 10:24:08 PM, YYW wrote:
The whole "move to [country X] if [occurrence of a political event]." notion is stupid.

America is a nice and comfortable place to live, and even though our politics can be rhetorically nasty at times, as can our political figures, people don't leave their homes, lives, and families over something as trivial as a change in political power.

If there was something more going on that endangered people's lives, liberty, or safety, I could understand moving. For example, if Kentucky passed a law granting immunity to thugs who brutalized transgendered people as an exercise of the thugs' religious liberty rights, I can certainly understand moving from Kentucky to somewhere else within the United States.

If the United States declared war on China and instituted a draft to which a person may be subject, or which endangered residents of Western states due to the risk of a territorial invasion, I can certainly understand picking up and leaving or never returning.

But, that's the level of risk that would have to be in play to get people (other than nuts, eccentrics, and the like) to actually pick up and move. Short of that, nobody's going nowhere. haha

Really, I think that people who even joke about that kind of thing don't really have an adequate sense of perspective. Consider that in some places in the world, changes in political power could endanger your life, if you fall within certain categories of people.

In what remains of certain parts of Iraq, where ISIS exercises dominion, if you are gay you could be tortured and killed. If you are a woman who has the audacity to show any part of your body, you risk torture and execution. If you are accused of adultery, you risk execution. If you do not subscribe to the particular species of Islam that ISIS practices, you risk execution. That is a circumstance in which it would be reasonable to get the fvck out of the country (whether you should be welcomed into another country is another matter). Though, a more reasonable alternative would be to resist and stage the overthrow of that terrorist state.

I agree with almost everything you said, as it emphasized the point I was talking about. I am aware of many valid reasons and/or events that could happen to the US, which would be justifiable in moving to another country. But the election of a president certainly isn't one of them, unless the president were an absolute lunatic and enacted absurd laws into play.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:32:38 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 10:46:06 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/27/2016 9:38:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Honestly, I am probably moving to Canada if Trump is elected.

Ladies and gentlemen, here I present the exact phrase I was talking about.

Though, I may move to Canada if Clinton or Cruz are elected. I have lived in Canada before and am planning to move back, in the next few years, regardless of who is elected. However, I can honestly say that will prob move to Canada if Trump is elected.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:36:50 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 11:32:38 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 4/27/2016 10:46:06 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/27/2016 9:38:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Honestly, I am probably moving to Canada if Trump is elected.

Ladies and gentlemen, here I present the exact phrase I was talking about.

Though, I may move to Canada if Clinton or Cruz are elected. I have lived in Canada before and am planning to move back, in the next few years, regardless of who is elected. However, I can honestly say that will prob move to Canada if Trump is elected.

I'm very sure most people could come to the conclusion that I was talking about people moving BECAUSE Trump is elected.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:40:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

https://www.youtube.com...

lol here is what Donald Trump thinks about Americans moving to Canada.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:41:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 11:36:50 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/27/2016 11:32:38 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 4/27/2016 10:46:06 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/27/2016 9:38:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

Honestly, I am probably moving to Canada if Trump is elected.

Ladies and gentlemen, here I present the exact phrase I was talking about.

Though, I may move to Canada if Clinton or Cruz are elected. I have lived in Canada before and am planning to move back, in the next few years, regardless of who is elected. However, I can honestly say that will prob move to Canada if Trump is elected.

I'm very sure most people could come to the conclusion that I was talking about people moving BECAUSE Trump is elected.

lol yeah, I can not 100% I am gonna move, but I feel that if Trump becomes President it makes my decision easier haha
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:44:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.

But in all seriousness, Cape Breton is getting ready to welcome Americans.

https://www.youtube.com...
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:44:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

Sorry, we don't like gay f***ots like you.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:51:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 8:21:24 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
"I'm moving to X country if Trump becomes president"

"X" quite frequently is Canada, but it can be other countries such as the UK, Australia, somewhere else in Europe, etc. I keep hearing this quite frequently almost everywhere. Online I see people saying they want to move out of the USA. In addition, I have seen people on TV, in the news, and even in real life repeat this lie. In my school, almost every class had people talking about moving to another country due to Donald Trump winning our state yesterday (Delaware).

The problem remains that this is may just be the biggest lie people are going to say in quite some time. I'm relatively sure most people threatening to move, are in fact lying without them even realizing it. In fact, a lot of these people may quite exaggerate Trump as some "giant racist bigot that will deport all non-whites and put the whole USA at war," or something else. Now while I am aware many people dislike Trump, it is far-fetched to state some of the things that have been said about Trump. Many insults directed at Trump that were intended to be serious, have just turned into a meme at this point.

What bs. You just cover up for him because you'd rather him run against Hillary then Ted Cruz. Liberals... pansy a** wipers who don't have the balls to stand up to their rival face to face. Instead, they act like cowards and run their mouths behind peoples' backs because none are bold, but big cowards who are nothing but phonies.


None the less, moving on to the strawman I was talking about... Everyone is lying about moving, PERIOD. I would quite be willing to bet anything (literally anything) that the majority of people stating they will move if Trump is elected, will not move at all. They will likely just stay in the USA, and probably just accept and deal with the fact that Trump has become the President. These people may complain here and there, but no more than people currently complain about Obama. This is of course under the assumption that a Trump presidency will happen over Sanders or Clinton. None the less, the whole "I'm moving to X country if Trump wins" is starting to be abused. I am quite skeptical that there will be mass migration of militant anti-Trump individuals flocking to Canada and Europe.

Unless somebody extremely bad gets elected or the USA goes into a really bad condition, I highly doubt there would be people moving out of the country. Under the mindset of moving over a Trump victory of President, one would have to be moving countries left and right every time someone they hold disdain to, gets elected.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:55:49 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I don't know if strawman is the right word for this. But you're right that people have been tossing around that phrase for a very long time now. No one really takes it seriously anymore. It's like saying you're never going to go to McDonalds again, or you'll never use Google anymore. Just an empty threat meant to sound meaningful and inflate one's own sense of self-importance.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 12:00:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 11:44:33 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

Sorry, we don't like gay f***ots like you.

What a sweety
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 12:06:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 10:24:08 PM, YYW wrote:
The whole "move to [country X] if [occurrence of a political event]." notion is stupid.

America is a nice and comfortable place to live, and even though our politics can be rhetorically nasty at times, as can our political figures, people don't leave their homes, lives, and families over something as trivial as a change in political power.

If there was something more going on that endangered people's lives, liberty, or safety, I could understand moving. For example, if Kentucky passed a law granting immunity to thugs who brutalized transgendered people as an exercise of the thugs' religious liberty rights, I can certainly understand moving from Kentucky to somewhere else within the United States.

After living here in Maryland for 24 years I have grown sick of it. For all reasons including the dumb a** liberals here I can't stand. One way or another I am moving out west, but a good distance from California. I will move to a place where liberals aren't acceptable in society and aren't given any breathing room.


If the United States declared war on China and instituted a draft to which a person may be subject, or which endangered residents of Western states due to the risk of a territorial invasion, I can certainly understand picking up and leaving or never returning.

But, that's the level of risk that would have to be in play to get people (other than nuts, eccentrics, and the like) to actually pick up and move. Short of that, nobody's going nowhere. haha

Really, I think that people who even joke about that kind of thing don't really have an adequate sense of perspective. Consider that in some places in the world, changes in political power could endanger your life, if you fall within certain categories of people.

In what remains of certain parts of Iraq, where ISIS exercises dominion, if you are gay you could be tortured and killed. If you are a woman who has the audacity to show any part of your body, you risk torture and execution. If you are accused of adultery, you risk execution. If you do not subscribe to the particular species of Islam that ISIS practices, you risk execution. That is a circumstance in which it would be reasonable to get the fvck out of the country (whether you should be welcomed into another country is another matter). Though, a more reasonable alternative would be to resist and stage the overthrow of that terrorist state.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 12:07:31 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/28/2016 12:00:14 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 11:44:33 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:45:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/27/2016 8:42:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

Woo hoo, another Trump strawman thread!

Like that didn't create a mess...

Also, don't interrupt my live-feed of Emperor Cruz as he hitches Carly into his God-Emperor chariot to victory. (does she really have a horseface?)

Sorry, we don't like gay f***ots like you.

What a sweety

What did you say? Your name is sweet cakes? I bet it is.. f***ot.