Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Trump's not a true conservative

Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:21:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Did you ever honestly think he was genuinely conservative? Radically conservative on a few issues doesn't constitute overall conservatism.

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.

I definitely like Cruz's policies and views much better. Trump is very fickle. Cruz has been mathematically eliminated, however, so I don't see much hope in him getting elected.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:24:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:21:10 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
Cruz has been mathematically eliminated, however, so I don't see much hope in him getting elected.

I'm not sure about that. It probably will depend on Indiana, which is why it's critical to get Trump voters educated now. In a recent email, Cruz said, "The bad news is if Trump wins all the delegates in Indiana, his nomination could be all but determined; but the good news is if we are going to win enough delegates in Indiana " Trump's path to secure 1,237 delegates before the convention is virtually impossible."
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:25:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:24:07 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:21:10 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
Cruz has been mathematically eliminated, however, so I don't see much hope in him getting elected.

I'm not sure about that. It probably will depend on Indiana, which is why it's critical to get Trump voters educated now. In a recent email, Cruz said, "The bad news is if Trump wins all the delegates in Indiana, his nomination could be all but determined; but the good news is if we are going to win enough delegates in Indiana " Trump's path to secure 1,237 delegates before the convention is virtually impossible."

I just don't see Cruz being able to pick up support any longer... especially after his fiasco with Kasich and the "alliance"
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:27:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:25:09 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
I just don't see Cruz being able to pick up support any longer... especially after his fiasco with Kasich and the "alliance"

Well, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I think it's now or never. I wouldn't have cared so much before, back when I liked Trump, but now it's critical!
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:34:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:27:30 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:25:09 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
I just don't see Cruz being able to pick up support any longer... especially after his fiasco with Kasich and the "alliance"

Well, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I think it's now or never. I wouldn't have cared so much before, back when I liked Trump, but now it's critical!

Yeah, I'm not giving up hope, I'm just realizing not to be too disappointed if Trump does win, because it's very likely. I'm beginning to warm up to Trump in *some* areas, just because I realize he does have some conservative plans that I like. For example, his foreign policy of "US first" and "non-interventionism." I don't agree that we should be at war with anyone, and this would be nice. His somewhat radical immigration views are also appealing. However, he's still overall the worst GOP candidate on the floor this year. I'd like to know why you actually liked him in the past. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:54:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:34:04 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Yeah, I'm not giving up hope, I'm just realizing not to be too disappointed if Trump does win, because it's very likely. I'm beginning to warm up to Trump in *some* areas, just because I realize he does have some conservative plans that I like. For example, his foreign policy of "US first" and "non-interventionism." I don't agree that we should be at war with anyone, and this would be nice. His somewhat radical immigration views are also appealing. However, he's still overall the worst GOP candidate on the floor this year. I'd like to know why you actually liked him in the past. :)

Oh, okay, I see. I mainly liked what he had to say on illegal immigration and his anti-establishment personality. However, once he began to attack Carson and Cruz, I began to think that maybe he was just attacking the establishment because that was, ironically, politically the correct thing to do at the time.
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:56:02 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I now believe that his personality goes further than is necessary. The problem with PC is lacking backbone. You can have backbone without going the other extreme and making irrelevant insults to political opponents.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:56:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:27:30 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:25:09 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
I just don't see Cruz being able to pick up support any longer... especially after his fiasco with Kasich and the "alliance"

Well, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I think it's now or never. I wouldn't have cared so much before, back when I liked Trump, but now it's critical!

Not being a "hardcore-conservative" doesn't make one not a conservative. Interestingly, Kasich is considered less conservative of the three, yet the party is "rallying" behind him. Obviously Cruz and Kasich are merely a tool for the contested convention where they will then try to bring forward a different candidate.

Not only that, but his more-conservative counterpart Mike Lee says he will not be running for President as he has more important work in the Senate, why wouldn't you want Cruz to follow suit if you're opinion that being a staunch conservative is a good thing.

Also, anything you say negative about Trump's lack of Conservatism you find in Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz's new running mate.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:56:42 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:54:20 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:34:04 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Yeah, I'm not giving up hope, I'm just realizing not to be too disappointed if Trump does win, because it's very likely. I'm beginning to warm up to Trump in *some* areas, just because I realize he does have some conservative plans that I like. For example, his foreign policy of "US first" and "non-interventionism." I don't agree that we should be at war with anyone, and this would be nice. His somewhat radical immigration views are also appealing. However, he's still overall the worst GOP candidate on the floor this year. I'd like to know why you actually liked him in the past. :)

Oh, okay, I see. I mainly liked what he had to say on illegal immigration and his anti-establishment personality. However, once he began to attack Carson and Cruz, I began to think that maybe he was just attacking the establishment because that was, ironically, politically the correct thing to do at the time.

Yeah. I see. It makes sense. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Peepette
Posts: 1,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.

But Cruz is a manipulative lying shack of sh#t! If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:08:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.

Good. If he was a Bible thumping ultra conservative like Cruz I wouldn't be supporting him.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:08:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:56:09 AM, vortex86 wrote:

Not being a "hardcore-conservative" doesn't make one not a conservative. Interestingly, Kasich is considered less conservative of the three, yet the party is "rallying" behind him.

"Rallying" behind Kasich? He's not a true conservative either.

Obviously Cruz and Kasich are merely a tool for the contested convention where they will then try to bring forward a different candidate.

What makes this so obvious?

Not only that, but his more-conservative counterpart Mike Lee says he will not be running for President as he has more important work in the Senate, why wouldn't you want Cruz to follow suit if you're opinion that being a staunch conservative is a good thing.

I'm confused. Are you saying that Cruz being a senator would provide him with more influence than being POTUS?

Also, anything you say negative about Trump's lack of Conservatism you find in Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz's new running mate.

Actually, Fiorina is not the same as Trump politically (http://tinyurl.com...). Even if she were, a conservative-moderate ticket is better than a moderate-conservative ticket, or whatever other choice Trump chooses. Even Ronald Reagan had his George Bush.
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,642
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:08:46 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.

Trump not being a "true conservative" is one reason I support him. Neo-cons seriously annoy me, with pseudo-capitalism and warmongering foreign policy. This is only a positive for me, and many others that don't identify as Conservative.

As a right-wing populist Libertarian, I believe Trump will make the way for actual change to happen in America, as he fights against things such as political correctness and special interest groups.
vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:32:50 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:08:39 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:56:09 AM, vortex86 wrote:

Not being a "hardcore-conservative" doesn't make one not a conservative. Interestingly, Kasich is considered less conservative of the three, yet the party is "rallying" behind him.

"Rallying" behind Kasich? He's not a true conservative either.

Obviously Cruz and Kasich are merely a tool for the contested convention where they will then try to bring forward a different candidate.

What makes this so obvious?

Not only that, but his more-conservative counterpart Mike Lee says he will not be running for President as he has more important work in the Senate, why wouldn't you want Cruz to follow suit if you're opinion that being a staunch conservative is a good thing.

I'm confused. Are you saying that Cruz being a senator would provide him with more influence than being POTUS?

Also, anything you say negative about Trump's lack of Conservatism you find in Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz's new running mate.

Actually, Fiorina is not the same as Trump politically (http://tinyurl.com...). Even if she were, a conservative-moderate ticket is better than a moderate-conservative ticket, or whatever other choice Trump chooses. Even Ronald Reagan had his George Bush.

She is a known Liberal Republican (Supported Dream Act, Pro Abortion Initially, Initially pro common core, Stimulus/Bailout supporter, etc, not hard to see)

1. Cruz says Trump is a Liberal (asinine), then he brings on a Liberal Republican VP
2. Any statements about Trump's bankruptcies, Fiorina's failed business ventures even worse.
3. Flip Flopping on Issues, look at Fiorina (abortion, common core, bailouts, etc)

Basically, she negates anything negative Cruz could possibly say against Trump.

https://www.youtube.com...

Fail
Peepette
Posts: 1,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:42:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.

Trump would have run in the Democratic Primaries if he thought it would give him a better chance at winning the nomination. Trump will say anything to get people to vote for him.
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 4:08:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...

Interestingly, all your sources have trouble with bias. Even PolitiFact:
https://en.wikipedia.org...
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:43:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:08:46 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:19:19 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
Conservatives, I used to be a Trump fan; my top three were Carson, Cruz, and Trump. My climax with Trump was in early November. After getting to know him for a while, however, I've concluded that he's not a true conservative. An unbiased source like ontheissues.org reveals that he's actually only "a Moderate Conservative":

http://www.ontheissues.org...

Of course, if you identify as a moderate, then I guess this would be a pro, not a con. If you're a fellow conservative, Ted Cruz is a better alternative, as he is 1) "a Hard-Core Conservative" (http://tinyurl.com...) and 2) more electable, having a net favorability spread 12 points higher (http://tinyurl.com...) than that of Donald Trump (http://tinyurl.com...) What more could conservatives ask for? I hope you'll consider this.

Trump not being a "true conservative" is one reason I support him. Neo-cons seriously annoy me, with pseudo-capitalism and warmongering foreign policy. This is only a positive for me, and many others that don't identify as Conservative.

As a right-wing populist Libertarian, I believe Trump will make the way for actual change to happen in America, as he fights against things such as political correctness and special interest groups.
How exactly is Cruz a neoconservative?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:45:37 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
Really? You had to cite Gawker and North Idaho for Trump?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 6:04:52 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 5:45:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
Really? You had to cite Gawker and North Idaho for Trump?

Trump, the BIGGEST liar of them all, Politifact gave 76% of his statements some degree of falsity
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 6:07:21 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 6:04:52 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/30/2016 5:45:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
Really? You had to cite Gawker and North Idaho for Trump?

Trump, the BIGGEST liar of them all, Politifact gave 76% of his statements some degree of falsity

http://www.politifact.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:32:08 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 6:04:52 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/30/2016 5:45:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
Really? You had to cite Gawker and North Idaho for Trump?

Trump, the BIGGEST liar of them all, Politifact gave 76% of his statements some degree of falsity
PolitiFact has been shown to be biased against conservatives/Republicans (see: http://www.usnews.com...), so it's not really a surprise that they would attack real conservatives like Cruz.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:55:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 7:32:08 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 4/30/2016 6:04:52 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/30/2016 5:45:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:37:34 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:08:44 AM, Kilk1 wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:01:53 AM, Peepette wrote:

If he told the truth even half the time he's be a contender.

Name one time Cruz lied.

Take a gander at just a few.
http://gawker.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.thenation.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
Really? You had to cite Gawker and North Idaho for Trump?

Trump, the BIGGEST liar of them all, Politifact gave 76% of his statements some degree of falsity
PolitiFact has been shown to be biased against conservatives/Republicans (see: http://www.usnews.com...), so it's not really a surprise that they would attack real conservatives like Cruz.

But they were assessing Trump statements, who is considered to not be a "real conservative"
Kilk1
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 9:44:15 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 7:32:08 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:


PolitiFact has been shown to be biased against conservatives/Republicans (see: http://www.usnews.com...), so it's not really a surprise that they would attack real conservatives like Cruz.

Good point!

At 4/30/2016 7:55:18 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

But they were assessing Trump statements, who is considered to not be a "real conservative"

Oh, wait, another good point. Hmm... Obviously 1) Cruz is more conservative than Trump (as ontheissues.org shows) and 2) PolitiFact is biased against conservatives (they even make out Hillary Clinton to be more honest than the others [http://www.politifact.com...]. Since Trump (a moderate) is said to be more dishonest than Cruz (a conservative), then I don't know any other explanation than that they the objective statements themselves must have some influence on the results; in other words, if even PolitiFact says that Cruz is more honest than Trump, then maybe "Ted" isn't the real Republican who's "Lyin.'"
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 10:03:22 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 3:08:46 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
Trump not being a "true conservative" is one reason I support him. Neo-cons seriously annoy me, with pseudo-capitalism and warmongering foreign policy. This is only a positive for me, and many others that don't identify as Conservative.

As a right-wing populist Libertarian, I believe Trump will make the way for actual change to happen in America, as he fights against things such as political correctness and special interest groups.

Is it too soon to call you "brother"?

Many Republicans have no idea what a conservative is, because they've been so neo-conned.