Jump to topic:

Rant to Republicans

TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:33:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
So recently on a facebook post I got into a huge battle between a few noted Republicans on here, trying to claim that they're somehow the champions of civil rights movements, along with the idea that they're really not racist.

Look, the Republicans of yesterday under Lincoln versus now are not the same party. And while its true that no one party is the exact same ideologically throughout the years, on civil rights, the idea that the party ideology didn't "flip" is a joke.

Teddy Roosevelt is an excellent example. How many Republicans today would be in favor of opening a national park? Probably not many, as they're more about deregulating everything and anything in their path. Why on earth would a republican of today break up trusts and inspect meat when they believe the almighty "free market" will fix everything?

The next noted shift is under Herbert Hoover, which is the first republican in years to win Texas on their hatred of Catholics. Hoover wins the KKK's support and several southern states as a result.

The next biggest shift is Goldwaters' rejecting the Voting Rights Act, and then FDR's election, making the swap almost pretty much complete after his New Deal proposal. Granted, FDR was fearful of Japanese and made internment camps, the basis of the shift in demographics and ideology is clearly showing. We're looking at huge trends, not isolated examples. His wife was REALLY socially progressive relative to her husband.

With Goldwater, Southern democrats shift to Republicans as a result of Northern leaders becoming Catholic (around the time of Kennedy) and Rockafeller Republicans shift over to democrats with a real dislike of Goldwater. Same with Blacks and this has not changed much.

In fact, from this point on, republicans have since purged even their more moderate folks form their party with the emerging Tea Party actually getting some success, and some have even become democrats as a result.

As such, the swap is complete. The idea that somehow Republicans like Lincoln would still be Republican today is a lie. Republicans of today are basically delusional for claiming that much. To be frank. This isn't even mentioning the Southern strategy under Nixon, or Reagans campaign manager Lee Atwater admitting that Republcians actually are racist now because you "can't say n****er in public anymore" and instead make it about abstract issues.

Look, this isn't to say "all republicans are racist", there are exceptions. But don't be historically delusional. The Republican party of today is not what it was under Lincoln. Not at all. Hell, even some Republicans today have made statements of how positive slavery even turned out to be. This idea that they're the same is really bunk on that basis.

To those who deleted me on facebook, good riddance. If you can't handle factual assertions then you have no business being my friend.
Thank you for voting!
Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:51:07 PM
At 4/29/2016 10:33:20 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
So recently on a facebook post I got into a huge battle between a few noted Republicans on here, trying to claim that they're somehow the champions of civil rights movements, along with the idea that they're really not racist.

Look, the Republicans of yesterday under Lincoln versus now are not the same party. And while its true that no one party is the exact same ideologically throughout the years, on civil rights, the idea that the party ideology didn't "flip" is a joke.

Teddy Roosevelt is an excellent example. How many Republicans today would be in favor of opening a national park? Probably not many, as they're more about deregulating everything and anything in their path. Why on earth would a republican of today break up trusts and inspect meat when they believe the almighty "free market" will fix everything?

The next noted shift is under Herbert Hoover, which is the first republican in years to win Texas on their hatred of Catholics. Hoover wins the KKK's support and several southern states as a result.

The next biggest shift is Goldwaters' rejecting the Voting Rights Act, and then FDR's election, making the swap almost pretty much complete after his New Deal proposal. Granted, FDR was fearful of Japanese and made internment camps, the basis of the shift in demographics and ideology is clearly showing. We're looking at huge trends, not isolated examples. His wife was REALLY socially progressive relative to her husband.

With Goldwater, Southern democrats shift to Republicans as a result of Northern leaders becoming Catholic (around the time of Kennedy) and Rockafeller Republicans shift over to democrats with a real dislike of Goldwater. Same with Blacks and this has not changed much.

In fact, from this point on, republicans have since purged even their more moderate folks form their party with the emerging Tea Party actually getting some success, and some have even become democrats as a result.

As such, the swap is complete. The idea that somehow Republicans like Lincoln would still be Republican today is a lie. Republicans of today are basically delusional for claiming that much. To be frank. This isn't even mentioning the Southern strategy under Nixon, or Reagans campaign manager Lee Atwater admitting that Republcians actually are racist now because you "can't say n****er in public anymore" and instead make it about abstract issues.

Look, this isn't to say "all republicans are racist", there are exceptions. But don't be historically delusional. The Republican party of today is not what it was under Lincoln. Not at all. Hell, even some Republicans today have made statements of how positive slavery even turned out to be. This idea that they're the same is really bunk on that basis.

To those who deleted me on facebook, good riddance. If you can't handle factual assertions then you have no business being my friend.

I would agree with most of what you are saying.
Runn92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 11:55:29 PM

And if Republican's aren't racist, then who is?

Flip

There seems to be a two party consensus agreeing that those two things were good ideas with only fringe people disagreeing.

Interesting.

Another shift.

There were probably other factors too.... including young voters in the south becoming Republican which accounted for a big part of the shift.

Both parties have become more ideological.

Given that Democrats have literally been running elections by stirring up anti white and anti police hatred which turns up minorities to vote Democrat, it's hard to take seriously the hand wringing over Republicans supposedly using race.

Who said that about slavery?

Will you accept them though??
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 12:22:54 AM
At 4/29/2016 11:55:29 PM, Runn92 wrote:

And if Republican's aren't racist, then who is?

Flip

Flip? What?

There seems to be a two party consensus agreeing that those two things were good ideas with only fringe people disagreeing.

I mean I agree with you on this one in principal, but in today's political climate, which is completely different from then, it seems that only democrats are okay with something like this.

Interesting.

Another shift.

There were probably other factors too.... including young voters in the south becoming Republican which accounted for a big part of the shift.

True

Both parties have become more ideological.

Agreed, however if you quantify the positions, Republicans far more than any other party. Especially in the context of the Tea Party penetrating

Given that Democrats have literally been running elections by stirring up anti white and anti police hatred which turns up minorities to vote Democrat, it's hard to take seriously the hand wringing over Republicans supposedly using race.

Okay, this is where I'm getting annoyed.
1) No. You can still be pro-police and have respect for them, but believe in keeping the standards of policing high. I as a liberal have police family. But I'm still going to support slapping cameras on them for accountability.
2) Several facebook pages affiliated with the Right (I.E Right Wing News, Fox News, etc...) have constantly posted about being pro-police and con "criminals". Dressing us up as hating police which is simply not true. That IS inciting racial tensions. Again, Lee Atwaters admission kinda bunks your whole point here.
3) The majority of Democrats are white. So unless we can be racist against ourselves, this is a really, really stupid point. Again, see point 1. I don't need to hate white people to be pro-Black Lives Matter.

Who said that about slavery?

http://www.alternet.org...

Will you accept them though??

I mean they're generally nice people, but if they're going to get upset about factual assertions, then they need to get their sh!t straight. I'm a debater. Its what I do. I expect the same from them.
Thank you for voting!
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 12:25:06 AM
At 4/29/2016 10:51:07 PM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:

I would agree with most of what you are saying.

Thanks!
Thank you for voting!
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:26:37 PM

Democrats are as bad; I'll address your fallacies later.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 5:18:50 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

The dems are the kk by a different mask. Hey...let's keep bringing in Mexicans. Why? Slave labor...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 5:54:14 PM
At 8/19/2016 5:18:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

The dems are the kk by a different mask. Hey...let's keep bringing in Mexicans. Why? Slave labor...

Stop necroposting you turd
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 7:05:11 PM
At 8/19/2016 5:54:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Why...what are you going to do triangle? Call me a poopypants? Ooooooo! Triangle called me poopypants! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Now what
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 7:45:40 PM
At 8/19/2016 7:05:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Why...what are you going to do triangle? Call me a poopypants? Ooooooo! Triangle called me poopypants! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Now what

you're beyond help
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 7:49:50 PM
At 8/19/2016 7:45:40 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

you're beyond help

That's because I'm a moderate and not a liberal or neo conservative sheep.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 7:53:13 PM
At 8/19/2016 7:49:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

you're beyond help

you should become an alt-right libertarian
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 7:57:36 PM
At 8/19/2016 7:53:13 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/19/2016 7:49:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

you're beyond help

you should become an alt-right libertarian

I've thought about Libertarian. Right now I'm pirate party according to my profile.

TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 9:20:33 PM

Yer trollin' is sub-par man.
Thank you for voting!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 9:43:35 PM
At 8/19/2016 9:20:33 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Shhhhh...don't tell anyone...

Okay tell everyone! I'll turn it up into bronto 5,000.... don't make me have a a 50some with every female on this forum..

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 10:05:44 PM
At 8/19/2016 9:20:33 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Not that I've been with every female on here...only some ....

Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 10:12:48 PM

Goldwater rejected the civil rights act because it forces owners to serve blacks

The civil rights movement is actually working againdt their own idea. Forcing private buisness owners to serve people is unjust.
Im not a Nazi