Jump to topic:

Don't abolish death penalty

Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:51:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I don;t think that we should abokish the death penality because it provides a disincentmive against ccommitting crim. Ny avolishing the exeath penalty, we are making the world more humane because we are reducing murders. The death penalty is great for political dissenters too.

We should have movile execution vans surveil the streets. political dissenters would be carried in humanely. Then, their heads will be humanely cut off using a humane rusty humane chain-humane-saw. Then, a humane needle would humanely inject a humane toxic substance into the susp-humane-ect's body, making their heart humainely and painfully burst into 600 little shreds.

Why not im-humane-plant a remotely cont-humane-rolled cyanide chip insid-humane-e everyon-humane-e?
:) nac
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:01:54 PM
Ok, why not make it a punishment for all crimes then?
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:01:55 PM
I actually would support paramilitary execution squads under the President's control which would swiftly execute murders and rapists. Today's system fails to deter because:
1. Even murderers are more likely to get a life system than the Death penalty
2. Those who are sentenced to death will spend several years or even decades in prison before execution
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:22:52 PM
At 4/30/2016 5:01:55 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I actually would support paramilitary execution squads under the President's control which would swiftly execute murders and rapists. Today's system fails to deter because:
1. Even murderers are more likely to get a life system than the Death penalty
2. Those who are sentenced to death will spend several years or even decades in prison before execution

so... basically f*ck due process, right?