Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

The Clinton email timeline

TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:50:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
by Paul Thompson

I'm a Democrat. I would love if Hillary Clinton's scandal didn't exist or was just a partisan witch hunt. I don't want to see a Republican win the presidency in 2016, especially not Donald Trump or Ted Cruz, who have historically high negative popularity poll numbers. But one cannot wish inconvenient facts away. We have to figure out what the truth is and then what its political implications might be.

A stack of printed versions of 795 of Clinton emails, presented to the public by the House Benghazi Committee on October 22, 2015. (Credit: Anadolu Agency / Getty Images)
I think the scandal is widely misunderstood because the media has focused on its less important aspects. I used to think the scandal was big "nothingburger" and I didn't pay much attention to it. Then I found out that the 31,000 deleted emails of her 60,000 emails from her time as secretary of state had been recovered by the FBI. Clinton claimed that she deleted those because they were all personal, but that's not true (as I will explain below). So we can see she could face charges of destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice just for starters.

http://thompsontimeline.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:28:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/3/2016 2:22:11 AM, Hillary_Clinton wrote:
Well, frankly I don't know what to say.What difference does it make?

None whatsoever.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:29:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Frankly, I'm surprised to see TBR post something like this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Hillary_Clinton
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:30:15 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/3/2016 2:28:26 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/3/2016 2:22:11 AM, Hillary_Clinton wrote:
Well, frankly I don't know what to say.What difference does it make?

None whatsoever.

Exactly. This is all just a ruse by the Republicans to stifle the progress of the nation.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,844
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:54:55 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/3/2016 1:50:07 AM, TBR wrote:
by Paul Thompson

I'm a Democrat. I would love if Hillary Clinton's scandal didn't exist or was just a partisan witch hunt. I don't want to see a Republican win the presidency in 2016, especially not Donald Trump or Ted Cruz, who have historically high negative popularity poll numbers. But one cannot wish inconvenient facts away. We have to figure out what the truth is and then what its political implications might be.


A stack of printed versions of 795 of Clinton emails, presented to the public by the House Benghazi Committee on October 22, 2015. (Credit: Anadolu Agency / Getty Images)
I think the scandal is widely misunderstood because the media has focused on its less important aspects. I used to think the scandal was big "nothingburger" and I didn't pay much attention to it. Then I found out that the 31,000 deleted emails of her 60,000 emails from her time as secretary of state had been recovered by the FBI. Clinton claimed that she deleted those because they were all personal, but that's not true (as I will explain below). So we can see she could face charges of destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice just for starters.

http://thompsontimeline.com...

http://www.memepile.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:38:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/3/2016 2:28:26 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/3/2016 2:22:11 AM, Hillary_Clinton wrote:
Well, frankly I don't know what to say.What difference does it make?

None whatsoever.

An account with 5 posts, now closed, comes in to comment on this? With the recent news of paid social media trolls? Well.... I don't know what to say.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:48:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/3/2016 3:38:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/3/2016 2:28:26 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/3/2016 2:22:11 AM, Hillary_Clinton wrote:
Well, frankly I don't know what to say.What difference does it make?

None whatsoever.

An account with 5 posts, now closed, comes in to comment on this? With the recent news of paid social media trolls? Well.... I don't know what to say.

I take it you're a Bernie fan then?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:50:03 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/3/2016 2:29:07 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Frankly, I'm surprised to see TBR post something like this.

Listen. Its simple.

1) Clinton will win against Trump (or whatever fool they push ahead of him)
2) Clinton will be just "fine"
3) I hate Clinton
4) If Sanders has one chance left, it is people understanding what a nasty f**c Hillary is before the convention

If it is Clinton v. Trump, I will sit the top of the ticket out. I will spend my time talking about what a horses a$$ Trump is (and he is) but I doubt you will ever find me say nice things about Hillary.