Jump to topic:

Slavery was partly black people's fault

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:00:43 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
So please, shut up about it. Is this really an acceptable society?

"Hey, you cut in line!"
"My grandfather was a black slave"
"Oh okay, sorry for being white"

It's gotten to a ridiculous point. I'm here to set things straight.

Who sold black slaves to the English, French and Spanish? Black people.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:01:55 PM
At 5/4/2016 12:00:43 PM, smelisox wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Hell, statistically most black people are likely to be the descendants of african slavers than african slaves.
Overhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 12:47:46 PM
"I am angry about a minor imagined slight committed by a hypothetical black person that I have entirely invented in my head, therefore I criticise black people historically." - Smelisox

You know the only one going on about the atrocities committed by people's forefather's is you, right?
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:23:44 PM

"Hey, you cut in line!"

It wasn't black people as a whole, it was the idiots in power that sold their people to slavery.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:29:13 PM

"Hey, you cut in line!"

This utterly moronic fantasy you have has never happened in the history of the fu*king world.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:38:33 PM
At 5/4/2016 7:23:44 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

It wasn't black people as a whole, it was the idiots in power that sold their people to slavery.

^^^^

Also just to be fair every single race and civilization has practiced slavery. Chinese, European, African, etc.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:47:58 PM
At 5/4/2016 7:38:33 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/4/2016 7:23:44 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

^^^^

Also just to be fair every single race and civilization has practiced slavery. Chinese, European, African, etc.

Try telling that to SJWs, because they think slavery and racism was invented and practiced by Whites, and Whites only.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:56:33 PM
At 5/4/2016 7:39:09 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Also this thread belongs in the history forum

It does not. It belongs crammed right back into the moronic brain it came from
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:27:36 PM
The only reason the issue of slavery still exists is because blacks want excuses for not living up to being decent citizens. The only reason for today's imagined racial oppression of blacks is for excuses for blacks not living up to being decent citizens.

Slavery wouldn't have exited without black slavers to sell blacks into slavery. . . And, today, there's no greater force in America promoting slavery than a black man in a voting booth voting for Democrats.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 1:32:42 PM
At 5/4/2016 12:47:46 PM, Overhead wrote:
"I am angry about a minor imagined slight committed by a hypothetical black person that I have entirely invented in my head, therefore I criticise black people historically." - Smelisox

You know the only one going on about the atrocities committed by people's forefather's is you, right?

https://media.giphy.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 2:12:10 PM
Slavery still exists. Black people still sell other black people into slavery in Africa.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 3:38:13 PM
This is a really strange post coming from a member of the Labour Party.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 3:44:22 PM
At 5/4/2016 12:01:55 PM, smelisox wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Hell, statistically most black people are likely to be the descendants of african slavers than african slaves.

Your contention is full of holes and is not historically accurate. Many slaves that were traded between black tribes were prisoners of war and problematic to keep. They were not selling their own; loyalties were along lines of lineage. The slave structure of the time was not similar to what was practiced in Europe and the states. Yes, black slaves within African tribes did perform domestic chores and worked farms, but also worked in the trades and where considered dependents of the owner. Many even rose in rank and took positions of status. It wasn"t until the Ottomans and Europeans went through Africa did the slave trade resemble an oppressive trade in human commodity. Tribal slavery needs to be examined within the societal structure of the historical era; not through a modern myopic lens to justify a sick and misinformed premise. Slavery has always existed in some form of the other as a bi-product of conflict or representation of wealth. The social constructs between internal social groups in Africa and how slaves were treated and seen differed greatly from the Ottomans and Europeans. Slavery within Africa didn't alter its course until external influences and pressures were placed upon it.

http://africa.unc.edu...
http://autocww.colorado.edu...
lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 5:45:49 PM
At 5/4/2016 7:47:58 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Try telling that to SJWs, because they think slavery and racism was invented and practiced by Whites, and Whites only.

lol who thinks that? I'll wait while you come up with sources.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 6:07:59 PM
At 5/5/2016 3:44:22 PM, Peepette wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Your contention is full of holes and is not historically accurate. Many slaves that were traded between black tribes were prisoners of war and problematic to keep. They were not selling their own; loyalties were along lines of lineage. The slave structure of the time was not similar to what was practiced in Europe and the states. Yes, black slaves within African tribes did perform domestic chores and worked farms, but also worked in the trades and where considered dependents of the owner. Many even rose in rank and took positions of status. It wasn"t until the Ottomans and Europeans went through Africa did the slave trade resemble an oppressive trade in human commodity. Tribal slavery needs to be examined within the societal structure of the historical era; not through a modern myopic lens to justify a sick and misinformed premise. Slavery has always existed in some form of the other as a bi-product of conflict or representation of wealth. The social constructs between internal social groups in Africa and how slaves were treated and seen differed greatly from the Ottomans and Europeans. Slavery within Africa didn't alter its course until external influences and pressures were placed upon it.

Oh no, it's reality!

Not reality! Everyone, run away!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 6:15:06 PM
At 5/5/2016 6:07:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Oh no, it's reality!

Ehhh? That comment made a lot of sense.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 6:25:32 PM
At 5/5/2016 6:15:06 PM, Peepette wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Oh no, it's reality!

I was being sardonic. Your post was great, and it's accurate, but smelisox, like most people, is digging through history for a narrative, not for reality. Realistic analysis will be met with either silence or dismissal in situations like this. Nuance clutters up the story. I'm glad you posted it though, so that people who aren't invested in the topic can see an accurate point of view.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 6:27:41 PM
At 5/5/2016 6:25:32 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/5/2016 6:15:06 PM, Peepette wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Oh no, it's reality!

I was being sardonic. Your post was great, and it's accurate, but smelisox, like most people, is digging through history for a narrative, not for reality. Realistic analysis will be met with either silence or dismissal in situations like this. Nuance clutters up the story. I'm glad you posted it though, so that people who aren't invested in the topic can see an accurate point of view.

Thanks, for a minute there I thought I had another smelisox to put in check.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 8:14:33 PM

"Hey, you cut in line!"

You are so racist...(kidding)

Black people dog their own and may actually be the biggest racists on Earth. Most younger white people don't even have any sense of "black inferiority". The days of MLK are gone. He had a dream. It came true. Time for peopleto stop whining around and using it as an excuse. My people were forced like cattle to "Indian territory". So what. No one cares anymore. That was then. This is now. The trail of tears is done. Slavery and nonequalrights are over with. Act like Americans.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 8:41:37 PM

"Hey, you cut in line!"

This is stupid and you should feel bad about saying it.
Tsar of DDO
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 9:40:12 PM
At 5/5/2016 8:41:37 PM, YYW wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

This isn't stupid, and I shouldn't feel bad about saying it.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 9:41:27 PM
At 5/5/2016 3:38:13 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
This is a really strange post coming from a member of the Labour Party.

Agreeing with some of labour's policies = member of the Labour Party?

Sh^t, I agree with some of the Nazis' economic policies... Better go turn myself in.

If you've got any more dumb comments, please put them in the locker before opening this thread.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 11:55:54 PM
At 5/5/2016 9:40:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
At 5/5/2016 8:41:37 PM, YYW wrote:

"Hey, you cut in line!"

This isn't stupid, and I shouldn't feel bad about saying it.

Your premise fits a negative stereotype which often, and in this case untrue. It's like saying all Jews are stingy; also an untrue stereotype.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 11:57:58 PM
At 5/5/2016 8:14:33 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Most younger white people don't even have any sense of "black inferiority".

How do younger white people not have a sense of black inferiority when black preferences put less qualified blacks next to whites in school and business?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:54:51 AM
At 5/5/2016 11:57:58 PM, Rukado wrote:

How do younger white people not have a sense of black inferiority when black preferences put less qualified blacks next to whites in school and business?

Oh stop it. I've had reverse racism exacted on me. That's life. If black people have majority and leverage in the situation you get the same exact results but in reverse. Black people had slaves during the civil war. The idea that white people are racists while black people are victims is b.s. This isnt 1955. It's a loaded excuse to toss out if a black person doesn't make it. Meanwhile all kinds of black people are having success because they choose to.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 2:18:15 AM
At 5/5/2016 11:57:58 PM, Rukado wrote:

I would expect this type of hyperbole from an unenlightened youngster who has not been in the world at large, not a person of your maturity. I personally do some work at a local college where 30% of the population is black (in a NE town who's' general population is at about 2% black) I found that these black value education, have intelligence, are well spoken and polite, If I were a business owner I would not hesitate to hire any one of them and be able to hold them to the same standard as any white person.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 2:24:52 AM

"Hey, you cut in line!"

Slavery was part of the "social contract" of that time. If slaves did not like it they should have moved.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.