Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:07:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
A look at the Clinton - Trump election matchup:

http://www.independent.co.uk...

I can't really see how Trump can win. I feel that a few high profile far right views will alienate many moderate voters. His apparent sexism though is probably his biggest problem. I can't see many women voting for a man who threatened to send them to prison for having abortions! (I know he is actually pro choice and got in a muddle pretending to be pro life!). Trump has also got in a bit of a hole with his crazy idea to build a wall.

Ultimately he will lose the election due to his shortsighted strategy aimed at ensuring the GOP nomination. He has already alienated women and Hispanics, over 50% of the electorate.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:08:13 PM
He can pick Bernie Sanders as his running mate.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:16:09 PM
At 5/4/2016 9:08:13 PM, user13579 wrote:

They're both populist anti-establishment candidates whose policies would ruin America
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:21:49 PM
At 5/4/2016 9:16:09 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

They're both populist anti-establishment candidates whose policies would ruin America

Yeah but they would probably win.
Science in a nutshell:
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:27:19 PM
At 5/4/2016 9:21:49 PM, user13579 wrote:

Yeah but they would probably win.

Never. Their supporters hate each other
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:36:17 PM
At 5/4/2016 9:07:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I can't really see how Trump can win. I feel that a few high profile far right views will alienate many moderate voters. His apparent sexism though is probably his biggest problem. I can't see many women voting for a man who threatened to send them to prison for having abortions! (I know he is actually pro choice and got in a muddle pretending to be pro life!). Trump has also got in a bit of a hole with his crazy idea to build a wall.

Ultimately he will lose the election due to his shortsighted strategy aimed at ensuring the GOP nomination. He has already alienated women and Hispanics, over 50% of the electorate.

Trump has a great chance of beating Hillary Clinton, and he will do it the same way he beat every candidate he supposedly had no chance at beating up to this point. The disapproval ratings are meaningless right now. Ignore them. Independent voters are far more likely to vote for Trump than Crooked Hillary because she is widely viewed as corrupt and dishonest. The women voters will be drawn to Trump's alpha male persona and confidence over the next several months. They tend to vote for whichever candidate appeals to their sense of security, and security has been a theme of Trump's campaign. If there is another major terrorist attack in a Western country between now and the election, expect Trump to win a majority of the women's vote. Trump has also faired better with minorities than the other GOP candidates and states like California and New York that have a lot of minorities can be reliably expected to vote Democratic anyway. Take into account the likelihood of Hillary's indictment and/or her health issues resurfacing in the near term, I have a hard time seeing how Trump won't win in a landslide.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:37:39 PM

fuckin hell, beat me to it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:43:39 PM
The biggest reason why Trump will lose is because Republican neocons (warmongering phony-conservatives) will either not vote or they will vote for Hillary. Republicans themselves will hand Hillary victory.

Trump will close much of the gap (mainly by gaining independents) with Hillary, as he shifts gears to run against Hillary.

Ted Cruz (a neocon, not a conservative) would have lost badly as well because most Americans aren't psychopathic enough to want to carpet bomb the middle-east and make the sand glow. He makes himself an easy target for putrid hate-speech from the Liberal media.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:46:32 PM

Oh, you're worried about policies that will ruin America? That ship has loooong sailed, my friend. Please, tell me more about how great the status quo is!
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:57:06 PM

Trump's views will "evolve" as he enters the general, so he becomes more moderate. I would not put it past him have policies as liberal or more than Hillary's if that is what the people want.

But I do not think he can pull it off. He already pissed off many people, and many people view him as a blowhard. The general election voter is not as dumb as the lemmings that follow him now, and I don't think he can lie his way out of what he has said in the past.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:57:20 PM
His policies are not appealing to suburbanites and minorities, which you need to not be clobbered with to win. He has about the same chance of winning as I do.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 10:18:48 PM
At 5/4/2016 9:36:17 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Trump has a great chance of beating Hillary Clinton, and he will do it the same way he beat every candidate he supposedly had no chance at beating up to this point. The disapproval ratings are meaningless right now. Ignore them. Independent voters are far more likely to vote for Trump than Crooked Hillary because she is widely viewed as corrupt and dishonest. The women voters will be drawn to Trump's alpha male persona and confidence over the next several months. They tend to vote for whichever candidate appeals to their sense of security, and security has been a theme of Trump's campaign. If there is another major terrorist attack in a Western country between now and the election, expect Trump to win a majority of the women's vote. Trump has also faired better with minorities than the other GOP candidates and states like California and New York that have a lot of minorities can be reliably expected to vote Democratic anyway. Take into account the likelihood of Hillary's indictment and/or her health issues resurfacing in the near term, I have a hard time seeing how Trump won't win in a landslide.

He said these things about women:

http://m.huffpost.com...

I don't see how a terrorist attack would make any difference. Is there evidence from other elections of trump like candidates gaining support from women after such events? If there is any such evidence I would be interested in seeing it.

I think a lot of women think of trump as a womanizer. They don't like the fact he has married three times and his current wife looks way too young for him. As Hillary is a woman and stayed by Bill during the Lewinsky affair they see something they can relate to.

I know this is not a good reason to vote for someone but it will shape the opinion of many key voters.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:05:46 AM
At 5/4/2016 10:18:48 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

He said these things about women:

http://m.huffpost.com...

This is easy to reframe. Trump just has to say he just hits back when hit, regardless of gender. Alot of these attacks are directed at particular women, not at at all women. He doesn't give preferential treatment to either men or women. Easy.
I don't see how a terrorist attack would make any difference. Is there evidence from other elections of trump like candidates gaining support from women after such events? If there is any such evidence I would be interested in seeing it.

Look at the major issues of the time and how women have voted since suffrage began. They reliably vote for the candidate that plays to their sense of security. Stories of Muslims raping and killing women in Europe will only help Trump as he is the only candidate that has even attempted to address the issue.
I think a lot of women think of trump as a womanizer. They don't like the fact he has married three times and his current wife looks way too young for him. As Hillary is a woman and stayed by Bill during the Lewinsky affair they see something they can relate to.

Women aren't put off by this aspect of Trump. Men that aren't sexually successful are repulsive to most women. Marital success won't be a factor for Trump because the only reason Bill and Hillary aren't divorced is purely for political purposes. Hillary also helped her husband get away with sexual assault, which is going to be a wake up call for Hillary's base when Trump doubles down on it.
I know this is not a good reason to vote for someone but it will shape the opinion of many key voters.
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:41:17 AM

Clinton's email scandal might worsen her turnouts. Plus, Trump's policies are simply more extreme versions of regular conservatism, so it's very possible that moderate conservatives would vote for Trump over Clinton because he's still closer to their views.
:) nac
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 1:22:41 AM
People voted in Obama because it was the only way to ram healthcare through.

People will vote Trump in because it's the only way to ram a wall through.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 1:46:40 AM

Without women he is sunk. I just heard him say, "women want security", which was a little creepy. It is more about the way he speaks about women like he knows what is best for them which is no way to win support.

If he doesn't change the way he speaks about women and women issues I don't think he can.

Never underestimate Donald though. He is going to run against a very vulnerable Democrat. He is also very unique in that if moderates, in dependants and blue dog Democrats could toss out 4 things they hate about Trump policy, they probably have many domestic policies in common with him.

Social conservatism hate him though. He has to shore that up too. It 8s all up hill for him.
cosmorob84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 2:06:35 AM

cosmorob84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 2:08:37 AM

I agree with you on all points and think the same but on the other hand I ask myself who will most likely add to the national debt? I then don't see Trump adding to that. Hillary will
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 2:49:31 AM

Trump has a great chance of beating Hillary Clinton, and he will do it the same way he beat every candidate he supposedly had no chance at beating up to this point. The disapproval ratings are meaningless right now. Ignore them. Independent voters are far more likely to vote for Trump than Crooked Hillary because she is widely viewed as corrupt and dishonest. The women voters will be drawn to Trump's alpha male persona and confidence over the next several months.

Only weak women who can't think for themselves are drawn to alpha male personas.

They tend to vote for whichever candidate appeals to their sense of security, and security has been a theme of Trump's campaign.

His security has been based on unjustified fear mongering.

If there is another major terrorist attack in a Western country between now and the election, expect Trump to win a majority of the women's vote.

I really don't understand how a terrorist attach will spur women to vote for Trump. Is it the " oh save me, I'm a damsel in distress" kind of thing? Women don't fan themselves and faint with the vapors anymore. Yes Hillary is a lying shrew, but she does have foreign policy experience. What is Trump going to do nuke the whole Middle East and put all Muslims in interment camps?

Trump has also fared better with minorities than the other GOP candidates and states like California and New York that have a lot of minorities can be reliably expected to vote Democratic anyway. Take into account the likelihood of Hillary's indictment and/or her health issues resurfacing in the near term, I have a hard time seeing how Trump won't win in a landslide.

I don't think this misogynist bully and blow hard who chooses to slam other candidates with their penis size and table manners has a chance.
Danimal4NU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 10:20:38 AM
Hillary is a weak candidate but she isn't losing to Trump. Too many people will show just to vote against him. If Hillary's investigation goes bad Bernie or Biden could be plugged-in late and Trump would still lose. Pubs would be smart to focus on holding congress, then get a likable moderate ready for 2020. Pretty-much knowing the winner already all I'm really worried about is Gary Johnson getting a chunk of votes. We have South Park's Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich come to life. If there was ever a time for Libertarians to get a foot in the door it's now.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 12:38:55 PM
At 5/5/2016 2:49:31 AM, Peepette wrote: Yes Hillary is a lying shrew, but she does have foreign policy experience.

Translation, Hillary is lying shew, but she's pro-war. To freedom-loving Americans, that "foreign policy experience" compounds our objections to her. To the GOP establishment and neocons, their only disappointment is that Hillary didn't run as a Republican.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:27:35 AM
At 5/5/2016 2:49:31 AM, Peepette wrote:
I don't think this misogynist bully and blow hard who chooses to slam other candidates with their penis size and table manners has a chance.

I really don't care to try to convince you otherwise. Like all the other midwits in the media have this election cycle, you will soon be proven to be so embarrassingly wrong you will be denying ever having said this in the first place.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:37:11 AM
At 5/6/2016 3:27:35 AM, 1Percenter wrote:

I really don't care to try to convince you otherwise. Like all the other midwits in the media have this election cycle, you will soon be proven to be so embarrassingly wrong you will be denying ever having said this in the first place.

Oh please spare me. If Trump does get elected by some fluke ( highly doubtful since the majority the of the population can think beyond the Neanderthal cognitive process) he'll get impeached in a matter of months for his incompetence.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:00:26 PM
At 5/5/2016 2:08:37 AM, cosmorob84 wrote:

I agree with you on all points and think the same but on the other hand I ask myself who will most likely add to the national debt? I then don't see Trump adding to that. Hillary will

I agree trump with his business background should be strong in that area. He would need to make significant spending cuts though as his planned tax cuts need to be paid for somewhere.

Militants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:21:50 PM

I can't really see how Trump can win. I feel that a few high profile far right views will alienate many moderate voters. His apparent sexism though is probably his biggest

50-50 or 40-60 race between Trump and Clinton.

Clinton is little favous.

Wall is best idea all collection's.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:34:12 PM
At 5/6/2016 3:37:11 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 5/6/2016 3:27:35 AM, 1Percenter wrote:

Oh please spare me. If Trump does get elected by some fluke ( highly doubtful since the majority the of the population can think beyond the Neanderthal cognitive process) he'll get impeached in a matter of months for his incompetence.

Incompetence isn't a good enough reason. Only treason, bribery, or a high crime or misdemeanor.
Science in a nutshell:
upsucker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 7:27:37 PM
Hillary may be in jail by november.
Lets see Trump losing an election AND losing to a girl, I just don't see that happening. Trump must have something up his sleeve.
As for the Hispanics, they are not citizens they can't vote.
The comment about punishing women was sarcasm. A real pro-lifer wants to put a doctor who performs abortions in jail but they don't seem to care about the women who takes her baby to an abortion clinic to have it murdered.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:11:49 PM
At 5/6/2016 7:27:37 PM, upsucker wrote:
Hillary may be in jail by november.
Lets see Trump losing an election AND losing to a girl, I just don't see that happening. Trump must have something up his sleeve.
As for the Hispanics, they are not citizens they can't vote.
The comment about punishing women was sarcasm. A real pro-lifer wants to put a doctor who performs abortions in jail but they don't seem to care about the women who takes her baby to an abortion clinic to have it murdered.

Agree trump is pro choice. I think he would have been better off admitting it. I don't think it would have cost him the nomination. It would have got him a lot more support among political moderates (especially women) that he needs to win a presidential election. The supreme court decides abortion rules anyway so I don't see any point in conservatives wanting a pro life candidate as he/she would be powerless to change the law.