At 5/6/2016 2:19:51 PM, YYW wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

#whynotKimKardashian
#whynotKanyeWest
#whynotCaitlynJenner
#whynotThoseGuysFromSharkTank
#whynotParisHilton
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:10:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago

#NeverTrump was created by the GOP establishment. Trump is ideologically distinct from much of the GOP establishment -- which is why he's the only candidate from the Republican Party I could even *imagine* myself supporting -- in that he's socially liberal, relatively non-interventionist and not part of the religious right. It's unlikely that people who're, for instance, Ted Cruz supporters would support Trump openly (though they'll probably end up voting for him).
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:23:52 PM
Functionally, there is no difference between
#nevertrump and
#neverGOP

The movement isn't just going to usher in Hillary, it will destroy the party forever. I really don't care if the movement goes on.

The clear choice is to allow Trump to reshape the GOP into what the people want, or to blow the entire party up forever.

If people really want to blow the party up, more power to them.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:49:42 PM
Trump has never been anything but a showman. He has no substance. He's basically P . T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute." He claims to be an anti-establishment candidate, but he's used government connections to keep having his businesses file for bankruptcy without personally losing anything. He's turning politics into his own personal "reality" show.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:06:07 PM
And really, blowing up the GOP party is essentially going to create a new party that will be formed entirely by Trump-like voters.

I hope the fight continues till November. Sour grapes and leg kicking on a large scale is always fun to watch, no matter what party affiliation you are.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:08:24 PM
If the establishment was in any way intelligent, competent, or at least smarter than Trump, they should have been feigning acceptance long, long ago, and found a way to marginalize Trump at a later date rather than play into his game.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:15:51 PM
#NeverTrump?

Why?

1) Because Trump is a personally terrible person, no better than the Clintons, in fact possibly worse.
2) Even if he wasn't a terrible person, he is a loose cannon who I do not believe is mentally capable of handling the job.
3) When he does take a stance on an issue, he takes one that is either blatant pandering to conservatives or one that is left-of-center.

Hence, #NeverTrump. I am not a #VichyRepublican. I'll be voting for the Libertarian nominee, or a conservative third party challenger if a viable one emerges.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:16:48 PM
At 5/6/2016 3:23:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
#nevertrump and
#neverGOP

The movement isn't just going to usher in Hillary, it will destroy the party forever. I really don't care if the movement goes on.

The clear choice is to allow Trump to reshape the GOP into what the people want, or to blow the entire party up forever.

Nope. If anything a viable third-party conservative challenger would help down-ballot Republicans. I have ever plan to vote Republican down-ticket. I just won't be voting for a nutcase.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:23:47 PM
At 5/6/2016 4:16:48 PM, TN05 wrote:
#nevertrump and
#neverGOP

Nope. If anything a viable third-party conservative challenger would help down-ballot Republicans. I have ever plan to vote Republican down-ticket. I just won't be voting for a nutcase.

lol...viable...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:24:08 PM
At 5/6/2016 4:15:51 PM, TN05 wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

1) Because Trump is a personally terrible person, no better than the Clintons, in fact possibly worse.

Evidence?

2) Even if he wasn't a terrible person, he is a loose cannon who I do not believe is mentally capable of handling the job.

Evidence?

3) When he does take a stance on an issue, he takes one that is either blatant pandering to conservatives or one that is left-of-center.

Evidence?

Hence, #NeverTrump. I am not a #VichyRepublican. I'll be voting for the Libertarian nominee, or a conservative third party challenger if a viable one emerges.

lol there will be no third party challenger, but Gary Johnson is fine.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:26:18 PM
At 5/6/2016 4:23:47 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/6/2016 4:16:48 PM, TN05 wrote:
#nevertrump and
#neverGOP

lol...viable...

Not viable as in to win. That wouldn't happen. Viable as in might get 3%-5% of the vote.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:28:23 PM
At 5/6/2016 4:24:08 PM, YYW wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

Evidence?

It's been on display the whole campaign.

Evidence?

Evidence?

It's been on display the whole campaign. Most recently would be his abortion debacle and his now-willingness to raise the minimum wage and his opposition to his own tax plan.

I would have no qualms supporting Johnson. Better conservative credentials than Trump.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:38:05 PM
At 5/6/2016 4:28:23 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 4:24:08 PM, YYW wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

Evidence?

Evidence?

If you are Rosie Odonnell.

Evidence?

It's been on display the whole campaign. Most recently would be his abortion debacle and his now-willingness to raise the minimum wage and his opposition to his own tax plan.

To the dismay of the zealous Cuck cult.

I would have no qualms supporting Johnson. Better conservative credentials than Trump.
At least that will also destroy the Cuck wing.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:36:28 PM
At 5/6/2016 4:08:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
If the establishment was in any way intelligent, competent, or at least smarter than Trump, they should have been feigning acceptance long, long ago, and found a way to marginalize Trump at a later date rather than play into his game.

No. The establishment isn't that stupid. The only explanation is that Trump is the establishment.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
TrumpTriumph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:41:31 PM

I have yet to see anyone put forth a single example of legitimately egregious conduct on his part. You tried in the other thread, but as usual, all three of the examples left out crucial context (or contained outright fabrication).

Yep. Building & maintaining an enormous business empire doesn't take any intelligence, diplomatic ability, or executive skill at all.

The only way you can arrive at this conclusion is through willful ignorance of what his policies are.

Nice to see that you prioritize an irrational grudge over the continued existence of conservatism in American politics.
#TrumpTriumph2016
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:52:44 PM

Yep. Building & maintaining an enormous business empire doesn't take any intelligence, diplomatic ability, or executive skill at all.

Even MORE reason for #whynotKayneWest...
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
TrumpTriumph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:54:06 PM
#NeverTrump?

Why?

That's just how cuckservatives are emotionally coping with the fact that they were damn wrong about Trump -- he won the nomination despite all their predictions and all their mockery of his supporters. This #NeverTrump nonsense serves as an outlet for them to deal with the shame. I predict that they will gradually get over it in the coming months, and will vote for Trump in November.
#TrumpTriumph2016
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:14:57 PM
At 5/6/2016 5:41:31 PM, TrumpTriumph wrote:

I have yet to see anyone put forth a single example of legitimately egregious conduct on his part. You tried in the other thread, but as usual, all three of the examples left out crucial context (or contained outright fabrication).

Praising Tiananmen square. Draft deferments and later calling his sleeping around his 'personal Vietnam'. Affairs. His connections with the mafia. His attempts to steal the home of an old woman so he could replace it with a parking lot. His birtherism and anti-vaxxism. His slandering of Ted Cruz's father. Mocking a disabled reporter. His history of nasty comments about women. His support for 'roughing up' protestors. Him fundraising $6 million for veterans but only giving them $800,000. His support for killing innocent women and children.

Easy to build things when you inherit millions from your father, along with all his connections. He actually has lost money as a businessman. If he would have just put the money he inherited in index funds instead of running businesses. His growth since 1988 is well below market average. (http://fortune.com...)

I do not trust him with the nuclear codes. The people he has hired in his campaign so far have been decidedly less than excellent.

The only way you can arrive at this conclusion is through willful ignorance of what his policies are.

Lol. Yeah minimum wage hikes and higher taxes are just so conservative!

Nice to see that you prioritize an irrational grudge over the continued existence of conservatism in American politics.

Trump isn't a conservative. :)

I thought you Trump people didn't need our votes? You told us for months Trump was going to win because of Democrats and independents.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:30:33 PM
At 5/6/2016 5:54:06 PM, TrumpTriumph wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

That's just how cuckservatives are emotionally coping with the fact that they were damn wrong about Trump -- he won the nomination despite all their predictions and all their mockery of his supporters. This #NeverTrump nonsense serves as an outlet for them to deal with the shame. I predict that they will gradually get over it in the coming months, and will vote for Trump in November.

Never means never. Trump has had almost a year now to convince me. He's convinced me... that I can never vote for him.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:34:12 PM
At 5/6/2016 2:32:49 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

#whynotKimKardashian
#whynotKanyeWest
#whynotCaitlynJenner
#whynotThoseGuysFromSharkTank
#whynotParisHilton

Because they aren't running for president
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:37:01 PM
At 5/6/2016 3:49:42 PM, user13579 wrote:
Trump has never been anything but a showman. He has no substance. He's basically P . T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute." He claims to be an anti-establishment candidate, but he's used government connections to keep having his businesses file for bankruptcy without personally losing anything. He's turning politics into his own personal "reality" show.

And his supporters are those gullible viewers who believe that the reality isn't scripted
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:44:09 PM

1. Calling John McCain not a real war hero bc he was a POW
2. Personally attacking Megyn Kelly for being on her period
3. Always bragging about how rich he is
4. Instigating he myth that Cruzs father was working with Lee Harvey Oswald
5. Personally attacking Heidi Cruz on Twitter

To name a few.....

lol you said that "eh he's not a conservative" when referring to Trump, what happened to that statement?
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:50:20 PM
At 5/6/2016 5:54:06 PM, TrumpTriumph wrote:
#NeverTrump?

Why?

That's just how real conservatives are logically coping with the fact that they were damn wrong about Trump -- he won the nomination despite all their predictions that such lying elitist could fool so many Americans and the mockery of their willful ignorance. This #NeverTrump movement serves as an outlet for them to express the solidarity for common sense. I predict that most will never excuse the inexcusable over the coming votes and just won't vote for either candidate, because in essence they are same person.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:56:50 PM
At 5/6/2016 6:37:01 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 3:49:42 PM, user13579 wrote:

And his supporters are those gullible viewers who believe that the reality show isn't scripted
TrumpTriumph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:57:01 PM
At 5/6/2016 6:14:57 PM, TN05 wrote:

Praising Tiananmen square. Draft deferments and later calling his sleeping around his 'personal Vietnam'. Affairs. His connections with the mafia. His attempts to steal the home of an old woman so he could replace it with a parking lot. His birtherism and anti-vaxxism. His slandering of Ted Cruz's father. Mocking a disabled reporter. His history of nasty comments about women. His support for 'roughing up' protestors. Him fundraising $6 million for veterans but only giving them $800,000. His support for killing innocent women and children.

Are you kidding me? I'm not going to go through and research each of those one-liner allegations to show you why they're wrong. Provide a source and some sort of context, if you want anyone to take what you're saying seriously.

However, here are a couple general objections: (1) I've already covered some of those. (2) People you respect, like Bush and Romney, are guilty of some of the exact same sins. (3) Some of those have nothing to do with being a "terrible person"

Easy to build things when you inherit millions from your father, along with all his connections. He actually has lost money as a businessman. If he would have just put the money he inherited in index funds instead of running businesses. His growth since 1988 is well below market average. (http://fortune.com...)

Lmao. Sheer idiocy. I'd like to see you start out the same way Trump did and make even 1/4 the amount of money he did. You have no clue how difficult it is to turn profits as an entrepreneur. Instead of focusing on absurd hypotheticals, how about you focus on the actual business deals he's made?

I don't really care about your fucked up definition of "conservative."
The point is that preserving the unity of the Republican party is essential if you don't want the Democrats to take over.
#TrumpTriumph2016
TrumpTriumph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:59:20 PM
At 5/6/2016 6:50:20 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

That's just how real conservatives are logically coping with the fact that they were damn wrong about Trump -- he won the nomination despite all their predictions that such lying elitist could fool so many Americans and the mockery of their willful ignorance. This #NeverTrump movement serves as an outlet for them to express the solidarity for common sense. I predict that most will never excuse the inexcusable over the coming votes and just won't vote for either candidate, because in essence they are same person.

You're still young. Please don't be a clueless snob for the rest of your life. For your own good. Thanks.
#TrumpTriumph2016
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 7:03:28 PM
At 5/6/2016 6:44:09 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

1. Calling John McCain not a real war hero bc he was a POW
2. Personally attacking Megyn Kelly for being on her period
3. Always bragging about how rich he is
4. Instigating he myth that Cruzs father was working with Lee Harvey Oswald
5. Personally attacking Heidi Cruz on Twitter

To name a few.....

lol you said that "eh he's not a conservative" when referring to Trump, what happened to that statement?
Lol that was actually ColeTrain all this Trump propaganda is making me confused
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 7:05:31 PM
At 5/6/2016 6:57:01 PM, TrumpTriumph wrote:
At 5/6/2016 6:14:57 PM, TN05 wrote:

Are you kidding me? I'm not going to go through and research each of those one-liner allegations to show you why they're wrong. Provide a source and some sort of context, if you want anyone to take what you're saying seriously.

If you've only been getting your news from Trumpbart, 9chan, and the Daily Stormer, you obviously wouldn't have heard these.

However, here are a couple general objections: (1) I've already covered some of those. (2) People you respect, like Bush and Romney, are guilty of some of the exact same sins. (3) Some of those have nothing to do with being a "terrible person"

As far as I can tell Romney never bragged about committing adultery, never withheld fundraising money for veterans, and never endorsed massacres and the killing of innocent women and children.

Lmao. Sheer idiocy. I'd like to see you start out the same way Trump did and make even 1/4 the amount of money he did. You have no clue how difficult it is to turn profits as an entrepreneur. Instead of focusing on absurd hypotheticals, how about you focus on the actual business deals he's made?

Notice: the Trumpkin ignores the fact Trump, despite being set up by his father with both wealth and connections, has performed well below market average, and instead pivots to 'well how much would YOU make'. It's a non-response. I'm not running for President, especially not solely on my business record.

I don't really care about your fucked up definition of "conservative."

Small government, traditional values, and strong military is fvcked up? No wonder you agree 87% with Hillary.

The point is that preserving the unity of the Republican party is essential if you don't want the Democrats to take over.

1) The Democrats have already won. They have a nominee in both parties.
2) Maybe Trump should have thought about that before alienating conservatives.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 7:08:59 PM
At 5/6/2016 6:59:20 PM, TrumpTriumph wrote:
At 5/6/2016 6:50:20 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

You're still young. Please don't be a clueless snob for the rest of your life. For your own good. Thanks.

Ooh look who has to use the little ad hominem tactic because he's so desperate to have a strong, independent man with lots of money and good hair to guide him and comfort him that his stupidity is shared with millions people