Jump to topic:

Will the Libertarians replace the GOP?

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:20:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
As one of the two major political parties.

What do you guys think?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:29:18 PM
At 5/6/2016 9:20:20 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

What do you guys think?

Only if Trump loses.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:32:19 PM
At 5/6/2016 9:29:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What do you guys think?

Only if Trump loses.
Even if Trump wins, it still seems inevitable that the Libertarians will replace the Republican Party eventually.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:34:52 PM

What do you guys think?

Doubt it. The poster boy for the Libertarian Party right now is Gary Johnson, who only ran as a libertarian because he got washed out of the GOP in the 2012 primary. Gary Johnson running for the Libertarian party is about as authentic as ted Cruz running for the Libertarian Party, they would both only be there because they struck out trying to win with the GOP.

Lets say though the libertarian party does grow in size substantially though to actually get 5 or even 10% of the popular vote (they only got 1% last time).... They wouldnt keep growing to their own party because one of the other two main parties would simply adjust their platforms to incorporate voters from the third party into their voter base
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:35:55 PM
At 5/6/2016 9:32:19 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:29:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What do you guys think?

Only if Trump loses.
Even if Trump wins, it still seems inevitable that the Libertarians will replace the Republican Party eventually.

Unlikely, it is far more likely under a Trump win that the GOP will continue to exist and change to become more libertarian.

It would take a Trump defeat to shatter any hope of GOP reform, which of course would be the death of the GOP.
This is why I secretly hope #nevertrump continues.
KristaBoy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:07:14 AM
Cruz first GOP in Texas I will and then final battle Trump vs Clinton then the winner are if Clinton Trump taken Indiana state in Government and in 2020 for Republican or Conservatives Cruz vs Clinton and big chance for Cruz in 2020 Hillary Clinton are 73 year in last month in 2020 and Cruz are 49 last months in 2020. Bigger chance isn't for Cruz in 2020 if Hillary taken 2016 ultimate president role of world's highest chief powerful of world's. Hillary will have Israel some best Ally or? Trump ranks France and Japan highest maybe true story and Cruz have China some highest Ally in economy buisness. Trump are real nominate for Republican now and will Wall how is my best sorts for me maybe 30-50% Wall into Mexico. What other thinker?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:38:00 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:34:52 PM, imabench wrote:

What do you guys think?

Doubt it. The poster boy for the Libertarian Party right now is Gary Johnson, who only ran as a libertarian because he got washed out of the GOP in the 2012 primary. Gary Johnson running for the Libertarian party is about as authentic as ted Cruz running for the Libertarian Party, they would both only be there because they struck out trying to win with the GOP.

Lets say though the libertarian party does grow in size substantially though to actually get 5 or even 10% of the popular vote (they only got 1% last time).... They wouldnt keep growing to their own party because one of the other two main parties would simply adjust their platforms to incorporate voters from the third party into their voter base

1% really good for a third party.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:07:31 AM

What do you guys think?

Doubtful
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 4:59:16 PM

What do you guys think?

When has the Libertarian party ever got even 1% of the popular national vote?

The GOP dominates Democrats in Congress and state governorship. Where's the Libertarian Party?

The GOP's big problem is just the White House. They've got all those satanic fools that support Israel which prevents the GOP from nominating anyone the people can be excited about.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:56:03 PM
Unfortunately the Libertarian party will not replace the GOP, at least not for a very long time. The GOP will exist so long as there are social conservatives. I'm afraid Trump will push some social conservatives (like the Tea Party) over to the Libertarian party, and fvck that. They can keep their Ted Cruz loving social authoritarians. Really though, Libertarian is the moderate party so I'm surprised it hasn't been as popular until now.
President of DDO
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 11:04:58 PM
The Libertarians I find to be too far to the right in economics to get sizable traction. Unfortunately, the people of this nation, being the voters, are mostly moderates that are on either side of the spectrum. It would take a phenomena to get the Libertarian party to have such a great following as the Democrats or the Republicans.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 11:19:45 PM
If the libertarian or any other third party cant get more than 3% of the popular vote in this election, than it will mean America will always be a 2-party system unless a billionaire runs as a complete independent and somehow wins
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015