Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Christie won't be Trump's VP?

PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 7:32:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
In recent news, it has been declared by our soon-to-be God-Emperor will appoint Chris Christie as his lead of the transition team if he wins the White House in November. "Governor Christie is an extremely knowledgeable and loyal person with the tools and resources to put together an unparalleled Transition Team, one that will be prepared to take over the White House when we win in November," Trump said in a statement. His campaign added that the New Jersey governor would be "overseeing an extensive team of professionals preparing to take over the White House, and all that entails."

So the question remains, will Christie continue to be an active member of Trump"s campaign as he begins to plan his transition? And could Trump still also pick him as his vice presidential nominee? According to this article http://www.theatlantic.com... this announcement will prevent Christie from being Trump's VP.

So who is left? Who could possibly be Trump's VP? Ivanka Trump, Ben Carson, Gary Johnson, Nikki Haley, Slobby Kasich, Lyin' Ted, Foam Boi Rubio, Foolish Guac Bowl Merchant Bush, or possibly Bernie Sanders? Or is Christie possibly still eligible? Who do you think Trump will choose as VP, and who do you think he should choose? Discuss.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 8:55:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Well, let's see... Trump could pick Ben Carson to help with his religious and character perception. Or, he could go try go for the Unicorn Latino vote and pick Marco Rubio, though he has already been ruled out. He could try to appeal to the Paleocon-type and anti-establishment voters and pick Rand Paul as his running mate, which I personally wouldn't mind seeing. I've heard some people toss the idea of Jim Webb, which would be a great choice to ensure he gets those Reagan Democrats to vote favorably in November, but the chances of Trump choosing a Democrat VP are next to zero. There's also the celebrity billionaire outsider tag-team pick - Mark Cuban - but I don't think Cuban even remotely interested in being a VP. Sarah Palin has had a good relationship with Trump from the start and could be nice get-out-of-sexism-free card if she were to be picked again. There's also the assassination-insurance pick, which brings Ted Cruz and even someone like Pro Life back into the picture.

I don't know if the idea has been floated yet, but I think Newt Gingrich could get some serious consideration. He's a career politician, is #NeverHillary, and has clout with the establishment, yet is also liked by the Tea Party crowd (whatever remains of it). As a former House Speaker during Bill Clinton's presidency, he brings a lot of stability, familiarity and experience to the table, which would be reassuring to many people. Newt has previously run for the GOP nomination and did not do too bad either, so a lot of people know him and like him. He's very uninteresting as an individual, which is good because Trump will still be the one dominating the news cycles through the election.
slo1
Posts: 4,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:30:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:55:29 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
There's also the assassination-insurance pick, which brings Ted Cruz and even someone like Pro Life back into the picture.

Lol, what does that mean? Is that to pick someone so vile that anyone who would want to assassinate Trump would think twice?
Bob13
Posts: 710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 11:50:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:55:29 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Well, let's see... Trump could pick Ben Carson to help with his religious and character perception. Or, he could go try go for the Unicorn Latino vote and pick Marco Rubio, though he has already been ruled out. He could try to appeal to the Paleocon-type and anti-establishment voters and pick Rand Paul as his running mate, which I personally wouldn't mind seeing. I've heard some people toss the idea of Jim Webb, which would be a great choice to ensure he gets those Reagan Democrats to vote favorably in November, but the chances of Trump choosing a Democrat VP are next to zero. There's also the celebrity billionaire outsider tag-team pick - Mark Cuban - but I don't think Cuban even remotely interested in being a VP. Sarah Palin has had a good relationship with Trump from the start and could be nice get-out-of-sexism-free card if she were to be picked again. There's also the assassination-insurance pick, which brings Ted Cruz and even someone like Pro Life back into the picture.

I don't know if the idea has been floated yet, but I think Newt Gingrich could get some serious consideration. He's a career politician, is #NeverHillary, and has clout with the establishment, yet is also liked by the Tea Party crowd (whatever remains of it). As a former House Speaker during Bill Clinton's presidency, he brings a lot of stability, familiarity and experience to the table, which would be reassuring to many people. Newt has previously run for the GOP nomination and did not do too bad either, so a lot of people know him and like him. He's very uninteresting as an individual, which is good because Trump will still be the one dominating the news cycles through the election.

Congratulations on your 666th post.
I don't have a signature. :-)
Bob13
Posts: 710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 11:58:21 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
There's also the assassination-insurance pick, which brings Ted Cruz and even someone like Pro Life back into the picture.

Assassination insurance is a good idea. Plenty of politicians need it, someone needs to get that started.
I doubt whether Ted Cruz would accept the offer to become Trump's running mate. He seems strongly opposed to him, and so are some other people you mentioned.
I don't have a signature. :-)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:10:42 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:32:34 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
In recent news, it has been declared by our soon-to-be God-Emperor will appoint Chris Christie as his lead of the transition team if he wins the White House in November. "Governor Christie is an extremely knowledgeable and loyal person with the tools and resources to put together an unparalleled Transition Team, one that will be prepared to take over the White House when we win in November," Trump said in a statement. His campaign added that the New Jersey governor would be "overseeing an extensive team of professionals preparing to take over the White House, and all that entails."

So the question remains, will Christie continue to be an active member of Trump"s campaign as he begins to plan his transition? And could Trump still also pick him as his vice presidential nominee? According to this article http://www.theatlantic.com... this announcement will prevent Christie from being Trump's VP.

So who is left? Who could possibly be Trump's VP? Ivanka Trump, Ben Carson, Gary Johnson, Nikki Haley, Slobby Kasich, Lyin' Ted, Foam Boi Rubio, Foolish Guac Bowl Merchant Bush, or possibly Bernie Sanders? Or is Christie possibly still eligible? Who do you think Trump will choose as VP, and who do you think he should choose? Discuss.

Trump should host a reality show similar to the apprentice with the winner becoming VP.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:17:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:32:34 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

So who is left? Who could possibly be Trump's VP? Ivanka Trump,

No

Ben Carson,

more likely

Gary Johnson,

lol

Nikki Haley,

Her response to the state of the union took direct shots at him so ill doubt it

Slobby Kasich,

Maybe? I put it lower than Carson though

Lyin' Ted,

Lower than Kasich

Foam Boi Rubio,

If he were smart he would pick Rubio, but I doubt he will

Foolish Guac Bowl Merchant Bush, or possibly Bernie Sanders?

Trump would rather tear off his own dick and feed it to Jeb than pick Jeb as his VP. Same with Bernie

Or is Christie possibly still eligible? Who do you think Trump will choose as VP, and who do you think he should choose? Discuss.

He should choose Rubio if he wants the best odds of putting up a fight against Hillary, but I suspect he doubles down on his own craziness and picks Palin. Her endorsement in Iowa almost gave him the state before Cruz slithered in and took it, and Palin has bene on Trump's side since day 1.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:53:46 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:17:07 AM, imabench wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:32:34 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

So who is left? Who could possibly be Trump's VP? Ivanka Trump,

No
She could be his 4th wife, he has shown interest in her already

Ben Carson,
Didn't he call him a sociopath and a child molester?

more likely

Gary Johnson,

lol

Nikki Haley,

Her response to the state of the union took direct shots at him so ill doubt it
^

Slobby Kasich,

Maybe? I put it lower than Carson though
Actually I think so

Lyin' Ted,

Lower than Kasich
Ha he "never" comprises

Foam Boi Rubio,

If he were smart he would pick Rubio, but I doubt he will
If Rubio were smart, he'd never support Trump. He just released a statement that he wouldn't

Foolish Guac Bowl Merchant Bush, or possibly Bernie Sanders?

Trump would rather tear off his own dick and feed it to Jeb than pick Jeb as his VP. Same with Bernie
^

Or is Christie possibly still eligible? Who do you think Trump will choose as VP, and who do you think he should choose? Discuss.

He should choose Rubio if he wants the best odds of putting up a fight against Hillary, but I suspect he doubles down on his own craziness and picks Palin. Her endorsement in Iowa almost gave him the state before Cruz slithered in and took it, and Palin has bene on Trump's side since day 1.

Bets on Kasich
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:07:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:17:07 AM, imabench wrote:

He should choose Rubio if he wants the best odds of putting up a fight against Hillary, but I suspect he doubles down on his own craziness and picks Palin. Her endorsement in Iowa almost gave him the state before Cruz slithered in and took it, and Palin has bene on Trump's side since day 1.

There's little chance Trump will suddenly embrace identity politics.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:08:15 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:17:07 AM, imabench wrote:

He should choose Rubio if he wants the best odds of putting up a fight against Hillary, but I suspect he doubles down on his own craziness and picks Palin. Her endorsement in Iowa almost gave him the state before Cruz slithered in and took it, and Palin has bene on Trump's side since day 1.

Also, Trump hates losers like McCain and Palin.

That's never gonna happen.
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:27:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:30:56 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:55:29 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
There's also the assassination-insurance pick, which brings Ted Cruz and even someone like Pro Life back into the picture.

Lol, what does that mean? Is that to pick someone so vile that anyone who would want to assassinate Trump would think twice?

Precisely. Definitely wasn't my idea, though.
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:35:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 11:50:45 PM, Bob13 wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:55:29 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Well, let's see... Trump could pick Ben Carson to help with his religious and character perception. Or, he could go try go for the Unicorn Latino vote and pick Marco Rubio, though he has already been ruled out. He could try to appeal to the Paleocon-type and anti-establishment voters and pick Rand Paul as his running mate, which I personally wouldn't mind seeing. I've heard some people toss the idea of Jim Webb, which would be a great choice to ensure he gets those Reagan Democrats to vote favorably in November, but the chances of Trump choosing a Democrat VP are next to zero. There's also the celebrity billionaire outsider tag-team pick - Mark Cuban - but I don't think Cuban even remotely interested in being a VP. Sarah Palin has had a good relationship with Trump from the start and could be nice get-out-of-sexism-free card if she were to be picked again. There's also the assassination-insurance pick, which brings Ted Cruz and even someone like Pro Life back into the picture.

I don't know if the idea has been floated yet, but I think Newt Gingrich could get some serious consideration. He's a career politician, is #NeverHillary, and has clout with the establishment, yet is also liked by the Tea Party crowd (whatever remains of it). As a former House Speaker during Bill Clinton's presidency, he brings a lot of stability, familiarity and experience to the table, which would be reassuring to many people. Newt has previously run for the GOP nomination and did not do too bad either, so a lot of people know him and like him. He's very uninteresting as an individual, which is good because Trump will still be the one dominating the news cycles through the election.

Congratulations on your 666th post.

666 huh? Dang, I missed a perfect moment to include some kind of disclosure at the bottom regarding sponsorship by Hillary Clinton. But thanks, I'm surprised I'm already at that many, esp. since I post on the forums maybe once a week on average.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:40:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:53:46 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/10/2016 12:17:07 AM, imabench wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:32:34 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

So who is left? Who could possibly be Trump's VP? Ivanka Trump,

No
She could be his 4th wife, he has shown interest in her already

Ben Carson,
Didn't he call him a sociopath and a child molester?

Who HASNT Trump insulted at this point?

more likely

Gary Johnson,

lol

Nikki Haley,

Her response to the state of the union took direct shots at him so ill doubt it
^

Slobby Kasich,

Maybe? I put it lower than Carson though

Actually I think so

Kasich would be such a weird pick because he's the exact opposite of everything that Donald Trump is

Lyin' Ted,

Lower than Kasich
Ha he "never" comprises

Foam Boi Rubio,

If he were smart he would pick Rubio, but I doubt he will

If Rubio were smart, he'd never support Trump. He just released a statement that he wouldn't

Trump would be smart to pick Rubio but Rubio would be dumb to accept it I agree. He has a much better shot running for Governor of Florida in 2018 than he would as Trump's VP here in 2016...

Foolish Guac Bowl Merchant Bush, or possibly Bernie Sanders?

Trump would rather tear off his own dick and feed it to Jeb than pick Jeb as his VP. Same with Bernie
^

Or is Christie possibly still eligible? Who do you think Trump will choose as VP, and who do you think he should choose? Discuss.

He should choose Rubio if he wants the best odds of putting up a fight against Hillary, but I suspect he doubles down on his own craziness and picks Palin. Her endorsement in Iowa almost gave him the state before Cruz slithered in and took it, and Palin has bene on Trump's side since day 1.

Bets on Kasich

I still would put Palin, Carson, and even Rubio before Kasich.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:49:24 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
When looking at Party nominee's pick VP candidates, the common rules to follow for the longest time, hundreds of years even, was to pick the person who finished in second place in the primary, regardless of how different they were with the nominee himself. This was done in order to unite the entire party voter base behind the party ticket to try to win the general election, because to pick someone else risked disenfranchising an entire bloc of voters from your own party from possibly supporting the nominee in the general election..... It also helped if the candidate was wealthy, already was famous, was a senator or high ranking party official, all that stuff since in ages when newspapers were the only way to get news, only the very prestigious and powerful could get votes from people.... This was true all the way to the 1960's, when JFK picked Lyndon B Johnson, his exact opposite, because he needed the old-guard supporters in order to have any shot at winning the general election..... After JFK was assassinated and Johnson stepped down after 1 term, Nixon changed the game by picking Agnew as his VP even though Agnew didnt run for president himself or was well known.

Nixon chose Agnew because he thought Agnew could appeal to voters, not because Agnew was famous (he wasnt) or rich (he wasnt) or had a lot of voters (he didnt).... After Nixon, Gerald Ford picked Bob Dole over Nelson Rockefeller, a wildly rich and famous man, because Ford believed Rockefeller was too far to the left for the GOP base, meaning that he picked Bob Dole to try to appeal to voters, even though Ford could have picked the person who ran against him, Ronald Reagan......

In the 1960's and 1970's the previous strategy for hundreds of years for picking Vice Presidents shifted from picking people who are rich, famous, and finished second in the race, to anyone who was best equipped to appeal to voters and help win an election. This continued into the 80's when Mondale picked Geraldine Ferrarro for VP over 2nd place finisher Gary Hart in 1984, and also the 90's 1992 Bill Clinton picked Al Gore over Jerry Brown who finished in 2nd, and when Bob Dole picked Jack Kemp over Pat Buchanan and Steve Forbes.... Even in 2008 and 2012, Nominees Obama, McCain, and Romney picked more random picks as their VP's (Biden, Palin, Ryan) over people who finished second in the same races (Hillary, Romney, and Santorum)

The thing with Trump is that he has been turning history on its head by doing everything that has NOT been conventional since the 1960's and been winning with it, at least through the primary. But the crazy thing is that if Trump once again does the opposite of whats expected, which would be to pick the person who finished in second place as his VP, that leaves him with TED CRUZ, who Trump probably hates more than anyone in the world other than Hillary or Bernie. For Trump to defy history once again would mean picking Cruz as his VP which no one I think expects to happen just because of the animosity the two have for each other, meaning Trump has painted himself into a corner really in terms of being predictable with who he picks for VP.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015