Jump to topic:

Hypocrisy of "equal sexes"

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:07:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Should 18 year old girls be eligable for the draft or is that not what is meant by equal? Seeing boys are expected to be ready in wartime for a draft, should they get paid more, the same...? Where's the line at on equal rights?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:14:56 PM
At 5/12/2016 10:07:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Should 18 year old girls be eligable for the draft or is that not what is meant by equal? Seeing boys are expected to be ready in wartime for a draft, should they get paid more, the same...? Where's the line at on equal rights?

When it suits the people who want equal rights, then they have equal rights. When it doesn't suit them, they don't want equal rights! There's your answer.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 11:35:44 PM
Also why do women get to decide whether to abort or not, but men don't get to decide whether to support a child or not?

Modern day Feminism is very inconsistent on this and many other issues.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:35:55 AM

The draft shouldn't exist considering how it violates people's freedom. However, a draft for both genders is preferable to discriminating against men. This is so as long as both genders meet the physical requirements equally, and the bar isn't elevated or lowered for either of the genders.

Women should theoretically get paid the same for the same work, but the wage gap isn't entirely due to women being discriminated against in the workplace. Rather, it's due to cultural traditions that give the impression to some women they should be a lazy housewife in contrary of working hard on a career. This is one primary reason why women are paid less than men. Legally requiring women to be paid the same doesn't turn out to be the best idea, considering "the same amount of work" is highly subjective and up for debate in certain scenarios.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:35:21 AM
At 5/13/2016 12:35:55 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
However, a draft for both genders is preferable to discriminating against men. This is so as long as both genders meet the physical requirements equally, and the bar isn't elevated or lowered for either of the genders.

Did you know women are relatively weak and prone to pregnancy? Why draft them when they can't meet the same physical requirements required of men? Why draft them when a huge percentage of them would plead out of service because of pregnancy or because they have no one to take care of their bastard children?

Women should theoretically get paid the same for the same work, but the wage gap isn't entirely due to women being discriminated against in the workplace.

If you weren't so ignorant, you'd know that women are paid more for the same work, thanks to government anti-consent laws distorting market wages.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:29:41 AM
At 5/12/2016 11:35:44 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Also why do women get to decide whether to abort or not, but men don't get to decide whether to support a child or not?

Why don't women get to decide when you jerk off?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:20:37 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:29:41 AM, slo1 wrote:

... is this a serious attempt at some form of rebuttal?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 5:25:14 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:29:41 AM, slo1 wrote:

Women are "jerk off sexists?"......
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:36:44 PM

Yes.

However their placement should fit a role suitable to what they are capable of.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:22:19 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:35:21 AM, Rukado wrote:
However, a draft for both genders is preferable to discriminating against men. This is so as long as both genders meet the physical requirements equally, and the bar isn't elevated or lowered for either of the genders.

Did you know women are relatively weak and prone to pregnancy? Why draft them when they can't meet the same physical requirements required of men? Why draft them when a huge percentage of them would plead out of service because of pregnancy or because they have no one to take care of their bastard children?

Because cancelling entire groups due to averages are blatant collectivism. Not all women are necessarily weak, many women are stronger than men. On average, men are probably a little stronger. But as I said, judging by averages is collectivism. In some scenarios, a woman may show more military potential than their husband. (Also consider there are more skills needing to be used in the military than pure muscle strength)

Their children can be left to another relative, or maybe their husband if they are better suited for the military than their husband.

Women should theoretically get paid the same for the same work, but the wage gap isn't entirely due to women being discriminated against in the workplace.

If you weren't so ignorant, you'd know that women are paid more for the same work, thanks to government anti-consent laws distorting market wages.

Maybe women are paid more or less for the same work, I am unsure. But if you could link me to any proof, I wouldn't be surprised considering "anti discrimination" laws. Which is why I don't support government anti-sexism laws.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:29:51 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:22:19 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 5/13/2016 7:35:21 AM, Rukado wrote:

Because cancelling entire groups due to averages are blatant collectivism. Not all women are necessarily weak, many women are stronger than men. On average, men are probably a little stronger. But as I said, judging by averages is collectivism. In some scenarios, a woman may show more military potential than their husband. (Also consider there are more skills needing to be used in the military than pure muscle strength)

Their children can be left to another relative, or maybe their husband if they are better suited for the military than their husband.

Maybe women are paid more or less for the same work, I am unsure. But if you could link me to any proof, I wouldn't be surprised considering "anti discrimination" laws. Which is why I don't support government anti-sexism laws.

And in regards to pregnancy, maybe the military officials shouldn't hire wh&res, (for the lack of a better word) or at least give condoms if they want to rape people/be a wh*re?
jimtimmy10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:54:10 PM

Whatever benefits ugly but well connected women is equality.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:27:22 PM

A man chooses to have sex with the woman. thats his decision. No one forces him. If a woman becomes pregnant as a result, It's her body therefore her decision. If a man wants to avoid making financial contributions to children then he needs to either abstain from sex or ensure adequate contraception is used to prevent pregnancy.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:32:03 PM
At 5/13/2016 8:27:22 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

A man chooses to have sex with the woman. thats his decision. No one forces him. If a woman becomes pregnant as a result, It's her body therefore her decision. If a man wants to avoid making financial contributions to children then he needs to either abstain from sex or ensure adequate contraception is used to prevent pregnancy.

A woman does not abort HER own body.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:34:52 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:22:19 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
Because cancelling entire groups due to averages are blatant collectivism.
people act like it's useless.

Not all women are necessarily weak, many women are stronger than men.
around 1% of women are stronger than the average man. and the average man doesn't qualify for the military.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:36:22 PM
If a man wants to avoid making financial contributions to children then he needs to either abstain from sex or ensure adequate contraception is used to prevent pregnancy.

i agree. if women want to avoid the financial inconvenience of pregnancy, they can abstain from sex or take a gamble with contraception.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:37:06 PM

Equality is the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.

I believe in complete equality. I would oppose drafts unless they are absolutely essential but if one was needed then I would draft men and women equally. I would then assess the people as individuals and assign appropriate roles. Decisions should be made on ability and capability not gender. If a woman outperforms a man in military trials/ tests then she should get a more significant role. I can't see a logical reason to use someone's gender to discriminate against them in the military. It should be 100% about capability.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:59:02 PM
At 5/13/2016 8:32:03 PM, janesix wrote:

A woman does not abort HER own body.

That's true. She aborts a foetus.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:11:43 PM
At 5/13/2016 8:37:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Equality is the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.

I believe in complete equality. I would oppose drafts unless they are absolutely essential but if one was needed then I would draft men and women equally. I would then assess the people as individuals and assign appropriate roles. Decisions should be made on ability and capability not gender. If a woman outperforms a man in military trials/ tests then she should get a more significant role. I can't see a logical reason to use someone's gender to discriminate against them in the military. It should be 100% about capability.

Not at a sperm bank. Can you get $35-$50 per sample? Nope. Is that equality?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:24:01 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:11:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I can't produce sperm so obviously not, lol. Only men can donate sperm because only men can produce it. Again it's about capability. The same as the point you made earlier about men not being able to get pregnant.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:29:45 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:24:01 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I can't produce sperm so obviously not, lol. Only men can donate sperm because only men can produce it. Again it's about capability. The same as the point you made earlier about men not being able to get pregnant.

Is it sexual discrimination against women to offer them nothing for reproductive slime?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:44:03 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:29:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Is it sexual discrimination against women to offer them nothing for reproductive slime?

No. Women are not capable of producing sperm. Its just a basic biological fact.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:45:20 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:44:03 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

And how did that happen?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:52:08 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:45:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

And how did that happen?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 11:07:41 PM
At 5/13/2016 10:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/13/2016 10:45:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

And how did that happen?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

I looked it over. I couldn't find anything aboutmale and female evolving for millions of years at the exact rate, then magically growing a vagina and a penis simultaneously to mate witheach other in the first place. And if asexuality was working, why did the process begin at all...