Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:26:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
A few things to note this week:

1. Comey is not fvcking around
2. Someone is talking about Biden and running mates
3. Elizabeth Warren will not save her

1. "Look, I understand the interest in this particular investigation. And so I do feel the pressure to do it well and promptly. As between the two, I will always choose well."

The impact I found in this was that the rumors of the investigation moving closer to a finish is that the FBI recently granted immunity to a former Clinton staffer for co-operation with the investigation. Is that a coincidence?

2. Elizabeth Warren is said to be connected with Biden in regards to her being his VP choice.

Biden, according to a person briefed on details of the meeting, told Warren he wanted her to be his running mate "during the conversation" but didn"t explicitly ask her to commit to the slot or endorse his candidacy. Warren, the person told POLITICO, was "noncommittal" but "not displeased."

What strikes me about this story is that it wasn't Biden who said this. Someone went to a Politico reporter and revealed - the day after Biden says he'd "make the best President" - that a Biden/Warren ticket was a possibility. And...why would he care about his VP choice if he were to hypothetically run?

3. But, there's more.

Warren conceded " prophetically in retrospect " that Clinton would face a progressive backlash but she informed Biden that his record on Wall Street was little better than that of the woman he hoped to topple as front-runner. As a senator, Biden, like Clinton, had supported a 2001 bankruptcy bill that Warren vehemently opposed; her advice to Biden was that, to appeal to the left, he would need to start talking right away about Wall Street reform.

Warren was wary of taking Biden's offer, and implied that Clinton was worse in regards to progressivism than him. So, I don't expect her to end up helping Clinton heal the divide.

---

I'm growing more interested by the day. The events of the past week or two, starting with granting immunity to the staffer have been fascinating.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 6:29:44 AM
At 5/13/2016 6:26:38 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

1. "Look, I understand the interest in this particular investigation. And so I do feel the pressure to do it well and promptly. As between the two, I will always choose well."

The impact I found in this was that the rumors of the investigation moving closer to a finish is that the FBI recently granted immunity to a former Clinton staffer for co-operation with the investigation. Is that a coincidence?

2. Elizabeth Warren is said to be connected with Biden in regards to her being his VP choice.

Biden, according to a person briefed on details of the meeting, told Warren he wanted her to be his running mate "during the conversation" but didn"t explicitly ask her to commit to the slot or endorse his candidacy. Warren, the person told POLITICO, was "noncommittal" but "not displeased."

What strikes me about this story is that it wasn't Biden who said this. Someone went to a Politico reporter and revealed - the day after Biden says he'd "make the best President" - that a Biden/Warren ticket was a possibility. And...why would he care about his VP choice if he were to hypothetically run?

3. But, there's more.

Warren conceded " prophetically in retrospect " that Clinton would face a progressive backlash but she informed Biden that his record on Wall Street was little better than that of the woman he hoped to topple as front-runner. As a senator, Biden, like Clinton, had supported a 2001 bankruptcy bill that Warren vehemently opposed; her advice to Biden was that, to appeal to the left, he would need to start talking right away about Wall Street reform.

Warren was wary of taking Biden's offer, and implied that Clinton was worse in regards to progressivism than him. So, I don't expect her to end up helping Clinton heal the divide.

---

I'm growing more interested by the day. The events of the past week or two, starting with granting immunity to the staffer have been fascinating.

The Absolute Mad Man is getting ready to strike. Just look at the fear in her eyes. http://thehill.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 4:24:38 PM

3. But, there's more.

---

The Dems have scandals like a woman orgasms.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:38:34 PM

3. But, there's more.

---

A Biden/Warren ticket would be very nice. But I don't think either of them will throw their hat in the ring, especially at this late date.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:58:36 PM
Can I get a link to Biden offering Warren a VP offer?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 9:59:57 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:58:36 PM, imabench wrote:
Can I get a link to Biden offering Warren a VP offer?

http://thehill.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King