Jump to topic:

Argentina recognizes Palestine

twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 7:45:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't realize that there was a nation called Palestine? Okay, yes, I'm a Zionist, but even I think the Palestinians deserve a home. The conflict goes all the way back to Abraham's sons: Ishmael & Isaac. There may never be a real solution because Palestinians feel the land belongs to Islam or Allah while the Jews feel that the God of the Bible gave the land to them.

Since Hamas doesn't want to play ball, perhaps we could just rename Gaza, and declare it "The Islamic Republic of Hamas." They can stay in Gaza and stop interfering with progress.

Then, more reasonable people may be able to work out something with the West Bank and suggestively the western-most parts of Jordan or Saudi Arabia as the new nation of Palestine.

The key being reasonable. Israel has bent over backward on concessions, none of which have ever been accepted.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 7:52:53 PM
At 12/7/2010 7:49:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Brazil has done this too. Where did they recognize the borders to be?

Probably pre-1967 war.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 10:17:51 PM
At 12/7/2010 7:45:40 PM, twsurber wrote:

Since Hamas doesn't want to play ball, perhaps we could just rename Gaza, and declare it "The Islamic Republic of Hamas." They can stay in Gaza and stop interfering with progress.

Then, more reasonable people may be able to work out something with the West Bank and suggestively the western-most parts of Jordan or Saudi Arabia as the new nation of Palestine.

The key being reasonable. Israel has bent over backward on concessions, none of which have ever been accepted.

As nice as a two-state solution would be for both sides, it's not very realistic as it seems Hamas just wants domination over the entire region anyway. I don't even think much of it is about land anymore.