Jump to topic:

Imagine this...

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 2:37:57 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
The joint chiefs of staff gather to discuss an urgent national security matter. After laying out all of the options they find a very big decision has to be made. They get the secretary of defense on the line and advise him of the situation.

After hearing all of the concerns, the secretary says "Well gentleman, this is a big decision, one I can't make on my own. Excuse me while I find out what the President wants us to do".

The secretary of defense then picks up the phone and calls... Donald Trump.

My fellow Americans... Are you really this stupid?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 2:51:14 AM
At 5/14/2016 2:37:57 AM, Double_R wrote:
The joint chiefs of staff gather to discuss an urgent national security matter. After laying out all of the options they find a very big decision has to be made. They get the secretary of defense on the line and advise him of the situation.

After hearing all of the concerns, the secretary says "Well gentleman, this is a big decision, one I can't make on my own. Excuse me while I find out what the President wants us to do".

Well... The Secretary is Carson, and he is praying to god, right? So, someone who is "very good" that Trump hired assesses the situation, and...

forget it. Its just too comical to even mock.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:12:11 AM
At 5/14/2016 2:51:14 AM, TBR wrote:

Well... The Secretary is Carson, and he is praying to god, right? So, someone who is "very good" that Trump hired assesses the situation, and...

My head shakes in woe at the prospect of this clown having his finger on THE button.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:13:56 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:12:11 AM, Peepette wrote:

My head shakes in woe at the prospect of this clown having his finger on THE button.

We are supposed to have safeguards so morons don't get launch codes.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:15:27 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:13:56 AM, TBR wrote:

You'd think so......naaaugh, Why bother.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:23:15 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:15:27 AM, Peepette wrote:

The joint chiefs will just give him a whistle and tell him to blow it whenever he feels like launching something.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:25:16 AM

Yea, the same guy who says that the way to defeat Isis is to take out their families...

And yet an ever surprising number of people continue to take him seriously. I am still confident that he will not be our next President, but the damage done to the level of respect I had for our country as a whole when making our biggest decisions is already beyond repair.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:25:31 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:23:15 AM, TBR wrote:

The joint chiefs will just give him a whistle and tell him to blow it whenever he feels like launching something.

It will have to be gold platted first. He will not touch anything that looks as cheap as his hair piece.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:32:29 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:25:16 AM, Double_R wrote:

Yea, the same guy who says that the way to defeat Isis is to take out their families...

And yet an ever surprising number of people continue to take him seriously. I am still confident that he will not be our next President, but the damage done to the level of respect I had for our country as a whole when making our biggest decisions is already beyond repair.

Agreed, he even running was a joke in itself. Being the last Rep. candidate proves how this country has turned to pop culture, xenophobic, mindlessness. We now have one who should be indicted and another who says "your fired" for a living. I weep over what we have become.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:42:12 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:25:31 AM, Peepette wrote:

It will have to be gold platted first. He will not touch anything that looks as cheap as his hair piece.

"Mr President,

I regret to inform you, but we will be unable to move the seventh fleet into Cape Cod for Melania's 45 birthday celebrations. You must understand that tasking the battle group has significant costs associated to the tax payer - the the tens of millions of dollars per day - let alone leaving strategic global areas and allies unprotected.

We wish to offer the Blue Angles for a fly-over and our happiest of birthday wishes to Melania. Don't forget to blow that whistle if you see any scary Muslims, OK?

Regards
Admiral Smith"
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:49:42 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:25:16 AM, Double_R wrote:

He is not going to get elected. It is just very sad that the GOP has come to this.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:52:31 AM

If he does get elected, chiefs of staff and the secretary of defence will not actually consult him. (Let's hope) He will be a figure head, and Congress will become more important than ever. Try to look on the bright side, if he does get elected. It could spark more interest in government on the State, local, and Congressional levels and average Americans , (who didn't vote for Trump) may begin to more closely follow what other parts of our government are doing. Trump getting elected could actually spawn the people to pay closer attention to offices other than the President's. Too much emphasis is on the President anyhow.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:57:08 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:52:31 AM, Emmarie wrote:

If he does get elected, chiefs of staff and the secretary of defence will not actually consult him. (Let's hope) He will be a figure head, and Congress will become more important than ever. Try to look on the bright side, if he does get elected. It could spark more interest in government on the State, local, and Congressional levels and average Americans , (who didn't vote for Trump) may begin to more closely follow what other parts of our government are doing. Trump getting elected could actually spawn the people to pay closer attention to offices other than the President's. Too much emphasis is on the President anyhow.

Its hard to ignore the CIC
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:00:36 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:57:08 AM, TBR wrote:

What's the CIC?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:04:43 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:00:36 AM, Emmarie wrote:

What's the CIC?

Commander in chief
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:06:34 AM

Pretty sure he'll listen to what they have to say.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:09:24 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:06:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who? The "really great people" he will get? Will he run the cabinet through his TV show?
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:25:07 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:42:12 AM, TBR wrote:

"Mr President,

I regret to inform you, but we will be unable to move the seventh fleet into Cape Cod for Melania's 45 birthday celebrations. You must understand that tasking the battle group has significant costs associated to the tax payer - the the tens of millions of dollars per day - let alone leaving strategic global areas and allies unprotected.

We wish to offer the Blue Angles for a fly-over and our happiest of birthday wishes to Melania. Don't forget to blow that whistle if you see any scary Muslims, OK?

Regards
Admiral Smith"

Precious. LOL
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:28:29 AM
At 5/14/2016 3:42:12 AM, TBR wrote:

"Mr President,

Regards
Admiral Smith"

This is precious. LOL
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:29:34 AM

Napoleon Trump would, of course, come on down to the place where the Joint Chiefs of Staff meet, brushing his luscious hair as he walked.
He would sit down, cough once to get everyone's attention, and then announce his brilliant fix-it answer:
"Invade ze Russians!"
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:31:15 AM

Congress is ineffectual. It will be more of the same unfortunately.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:34:27 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:09:24 AM, TBR wrote:

Who? The "really great people" he will get? Will he run the cabinet through his TV show?

Gary Busey secretary of education.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:37:22 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:29:34 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Napoleon Trump would, of course, come on down to the place where the Joint Chiefs of Staff meet, brushing his luscious hair as he walked.
He would sit down, cough once to get everyone's attention, and then announce his brilliant fix-it answer:
"Invade ze Russians!"

He won't invade the Russians, he like Putin. Furthermore, Trump want to sell them his wonderful, wonderful, steaks.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:59:15 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:04:43 AM, TBR wrote:

What's the CIC?

Commander in chief
Why is it hard to ignore the CiC? That's why we have a system of checks and balances, in the event the the population elects an idiot.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 5:16:34 AM
At 5/14/2016 4:59:15 AM, Emmarie wrote:

What's the CIC?

Commander in chief
Why is it hard to ignore the CiC? That's why we have a system of checks and balances, in the event the the population elects an idiot.

Without someone with executive powers, nothing can be signed into law. Nor would there be veto power if Congress decides to pull a fast one with addendums and pork attached to legislation. Without a presidential agenda the house and senate would turn into the wild west.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 5:50:06 AM
At 5/14/2016 5:16:34 AM, Peepette wrote:

What's the CIC?

Commander in chief

Without someone with executive powers, nothing can be signed into law.
We have enough laws.

Nor would there be veto power if Congress decides to pull a fast one with addendums and pork attached to legislation.
The stimulus Bill of 2009 included legislation that mandated a Federal Data Base for all medical records including Insurance Info which predated the Obamacare Bill. Now we are forced to buy Insurance and are identified in a federal Database. My point is things are passed all the time without the public knowing how it could impact them.

Without a presidential agenda the house and senate would turn into the wild west.
Gridlock could be the best thing to happen to the country. Like I said more attention will be given to local matters and citizens will take a more active roll in governance if the CiC becomes obsolete. I'd vote for Trump, just for this reason, to ensure all the people who supported Hillary, become truly active in localities.

What I'm saying is that I don't trust Hillary, or Trump, but I trust Hillary supporters to make better decisions in State and local elections. If Trump is President, his supporters will be appeased, and then the people who wanna change things from a grass roots level will become active.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:24:10 PM

What's the CIC?

Commander in chief

The list of reasons to have a president of a republic are very long. The point about the Commander in chief is, the military, contrary to my little post, can NOT ignore the CIC. Whatever he says goes. The chain of command can not breakdown.

If the president were to make an order, and the military ignore it, it would be treason at best, and a coup d'etat at worst. While the war powers act stops a president from committing to a war (it gets complicated) he CAN - without consent from congress - blow-up most of the world. If the president chooses to do this, and the generals said "no" it is the generals that would be hung, not the president.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:25:50 PM
At 5/14/2016 4:34:27 AM, Peepette wrote:

Peep,

My eyes aren't even open yet. This one made me spit coffee.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:53:34 PM
At 5/14/2016 3:25:50 PM, TBR wrote:
At 5/14/2016 4:34:27 AM, Peepette wrote:

Peep,

My eyes aren't even open yet. This one made me spit coffee.

A morning laugh sets off the day in a positive note.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:12:59 PM

And BTW... How will he assess the qualifications of these "really great" people to do well handling government jobs while having zero experience in government?

In all seriousness, I really hope this becomes more of a focus as we get to the general election. It's easy to buy this "great people" BS in the abstract, not quite so once we have actual people named to these positions.