Total Posts:102|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump's Tax Returns

twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.

"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 8:43:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Worst kind of scum who demands one standard for everyone else that he himself can't live up to.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 3:40:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 8:43:13 PM, slo1 wrote:

Worst kind of scum who demands one standard for everyone else that he himself can't live up to.

That's all politicians. None of them are on Obamacare, or have to put their children through public schools. They even have their own retirement.

Guess all politicians are the worst kind of scum.
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 8:52:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes." : :

I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:48:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 3:40:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/15/2016 8:43:13 PM, slo1 wrote:

Worst kind of scum who demands one standard for everyone else that he himself can't live up to.

That's all politicians. None of them are on Obamacare, or have to put their children through public schools. They even have their own retirement.

Guess all politicians are the worst kind of scum.

Politicians do not demand other politicians kids go to public schools, or demand that other politicians go on Obamacare.

However, Trump demands other politicians release their tax returns, while not releasing them himself.
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 11:27:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 3:40:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/15/2016 8:43:13 PM, slo1 wrote:

Worst kind of scum who demands one standard for everyone else that he himself can't live up to.

That's all politicians. None of them are on Obamacare, or have to put their children through public schools. They even have their own retirement.

Why would politician or anyone who gets health insurance from employer go on Obamacare? It wasn't designed for that. Neither the Dems or Repubs have any desire to tackle the flawed employer provided health care insurance system.

Guess all politicians are the worst kind of scum.

No not all politicians are not the worst kind of scum. Bernie Sanders is one example.
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 11:39:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?
Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.
So because Nixon actually tried to look honest to the American public whilst being the most dishonest president in US history and being embroidered in a huge scandal, Trump must also release private fiscal information simply because he's running for president?
"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Haven't seen a witch hunt like this in a while. Do you actually really care?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:50:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 11:27:09 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 5/16/2016 3:40:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/15/2016 8:43:13 PM, slo1 wrote:

Worst kind of scum who demands one standard for everyone else that he himself can't live up to.

That's all politicians. None of them are on Obamacare, or have to put their children through public schools. They even have their own retirement.

Why would politician or anyone who gets health insurance from employer go on Obamacare? It wasn't designed for that. Neither the Dems or Repubs have any desire to tackle the flawed employer provided health care insurance system.

Guess all politicians are the worst kind of scum.

No not all politicians are not the worst kind of scum. Bernie Sanders is one example.

Bernie would have chosen to opt out of special privilege programs like George Washington did when he opted out of pay.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:52:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 10:48:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 5/16/2016 3:40:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/15/2016 8:43:13 PM, slo1 wrote:

Worst kind of scum who demands one standard for everyone else that he himself can't live up to.

That's all politicians. None of them are on Obamacare, or have to put their children through public schools. They even have their own retirement.

Guess all politicians are the worst kind of scum.

Politicians do not demand other politicians kids go to public schools, or demand that other politicians go on Obamacare.

However, Trump demands other politicians release their tax returns, while not releasing them himself.

no.
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:32:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.

Your not going to get a line item that says "net worth" but you sure as hell can work out some of his blatant lies about his actual worth.

http://fortune.com...
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:40:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 4:32:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.

Your not going to get a line item that says "net worth" but you sure as hell can work out some of his blatant lies about his actual worth.

http://fortune.com... : :

Donald Trump is worth whatever he wants to be worth. He's worth whatever you want him to be worth. Unless he sold everything he owns, there's no way of knowing his exact worth.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:46:47 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 4:40:31 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:32:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.

Your not going to get a line item that says "net worth" but you sure as hell can work out some of his blatant lies about his actual worth.

http://fortune.com... : :

Donald Trump is worth whatever he wants to be worth. He's worth whatever you want him to be worth. Unless he sold everything he owns, there's no way of knowing his exact worth.

While this bit "Unless he sold everything he owns, " has SOME truth, the reminder is just crap.

Trump likes to speak of net worth, and most people think he is lying about it. Blowing off all calls to prove any of these naysayers wrong, it is a save bet he is worth about what Forbes thinks. Now, why is it my business? Well, one, he talks of his "business success" and most know how exaggerated that is. Since it is his entire resume, that matters. Two, in the words of Nixon, "Everyone has a right to know if their president is a crook". That is why presidential candidates have released this information for about 50 years now - and Trump knows this. He lambasted Romney for his slow release of tax information.

Trump is a hypocrite. He is a exaggeration of his own buffoonish ego.
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:57:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 4:46:47 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:40:31 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:32:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.

Your not going to get a line item that says "net worth" but you sure as hell can work out some of his blatant lies about his actual worth.

http://fortune.com... : :

Donald Trump is worth whatever he wants to be worth. He's worth whatever you want him to be worth. Unless he sold everything he owns, there's no way of knowing his exact worth.

While this bit "Unless he sold everything he owns, " has SOME truth, the reminder is just crap.

Trump likes to speak of net worth, and most people think he is lying about it. Blowing off all calls to prove any of these naysayers wrong, it is a save bet he is worth about what Forbes thinks. Now, why is it my business? Well, one, he talks of his "business success" and most know how exaggerated that is. Since it is his entire resume, that matters. Two, in the words of Nixon, "Everyone has a right to know if their president is a crook". That is why presidential candidates have released this information for about 50 years now - and Trump knows this. He lambasted Romney for his slow release of tax information.

Trump is a hypocrite. He is a exaggeration of his own buffoonish ego. : :

I'm speaking from experience. I worked for a billionaire for a few years who would buy houses without caring how much they were worth. She bought the house they lived in for 2 million more than what the former owner paid for it two years earlier. He paid 1 1/2 million for it and she paid him 3 1/2 million for it two years later. He made 2 million in two years time. She is still living in that home that's worth only the amount that someone else is willing to pay for it. She can say that house is worth 10 million today 15 years after she paid for it but that doesn't mean it's worth 10 million.

You don't like Donald Trump and this is why you say the things you say about him. If you liked him, then you wouldn't care what he's worth. I could care less what he says he's worth because I don't vote for anyone. I quit voting in 1992 after voting for that liar named George Bush Sr.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 5:12:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 4:57:38 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:46:47 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:40:31 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:32:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.

Your not going to get a line item that says "net worth" but you sure as hell can work out some of his blatant lies about his actual worth.

http://fortune.com... : :

Donald Trump is worth whatever he wants to be worth. He's worth whatever you want him to be worth. Unless he sold everything he owns, there's no way of knowing his exact worth.

While this bit "Unless he sold everything he owns, " has SOME truth, the reminder is just crap.

Trump likes to speak of net worth, and most people think he is lying about it. Blowing off all calls to prove any of these naysayers wrong, it is a save bet he is worth about what Forbes thinks. Now, why is it my business? Well, one, he talks of his "business success" and most know how exaggerated that is. Since it is his entire resume, that matters. Two, in the words of Nixon, "Everyone has a right to know if their president is a crook". That is why presidential candidates have released this information for about 50 years now - and Trump knows this. He lambasted Romney for his slow release of tax information.

Trump is a hypocrite. He is a exaggeration of his own buffoonish ego. : :

I'm speaking from experience. I worked for a billionaire for a few years who would buy houses without caring how much they were worth. She bought the house they lived in for 2 million more than what the former owner paid for it two years earlier. He paid 1 1/2 million for it and she paid him 3 1/2 million for it two years later. He made 2 million in two years time. She is still living in that home that's worth only the amount that someone else is willing to pay for it. She can say that house is worth 10 million today 15 years after she paid for it but that doesn't mean it's worth 10 million.

I have worked in the broker/dealer/banking world for most of my life. I think my experience in this is plenty deep.

Estimating net worth has value. Trump has valued his own net worth 2-4x what it is. That is not just messing with vagaries of the market, that is lying because you are an egotistical a$$hole.


You don't like Donald Trump and this is why you say the things you say about him. If you liked him, then you wouldn't care what he's worth. I could care less what he says he's worth because I don't vote for anyone. I quit voting in 1992 after voting for that liar named George Bush Sr.

Then you are a fool. A fool for voting for Bush, a fool for not voting now, and a fool for thinking Trump is anything other than a blowhard.

Yea, I think he is pondscum. This is one of the reasons. He lies about everything, and when questioned about it, sues and screams - and THEN has the... He needs to show his taxes just like every other candidate for the last 50 years. He does not get a break because he can be the bigger a$$hole.

P.S.
Keep not voting, you seem to have terrible judgment in POTUSs.
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 5:43:26 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 5:12:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:57:38 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:46:47 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:40:31 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:32:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 5/17/2016 3:46:33 AM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/16/2016 10:45:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton not revealing her speeches to Wall Street that netted her hundreds of thousands of dollars. This could prove that she is bought by them.

I agree that transparency is important, which is why I believe Hillary should release the speeches as well.

However, I am glad that she released years of tax returns. Releasing tax returns is a custom that is expected. So while Hillary may not be as transparent as we like, she is much more transparent than Trump.

Honestly, Trump may be have been the only candidate less transparent than her. How did we get stuck with a candidate with less integrity than crooked Hillary?

Trump's tax return would be so enormous that you would get bored to death after reading the first 100 pages. Showing how little tax Donald Trump had to pay does not tell anyone how much he's worth. Corporations can show a loss or a gain just by shifting data around on all the tax papers. Microsoft got 1 1/2 million dollars back from the government one year.

The tax returns would be very interesting. There would be accountants who analyse them and they would give the summary of it to journalists I am sure. lol, we would not have to sift through the raw data ourselves. : :

Trump's tax returns would be interesting to a few people who reject him and his ideas but they certainly wouldn't prove how wealthy he was. They would show how a smart businessman runs his business.

Hillary Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet that she avoids to share with the public, too. All God's people do.

Your not going to get a line item that says "net worth" but you sure as hell can work out some of his blatant lies about his actual worth.

http://fortune.com... : :

Donald Trump is worth whatever he wants to be worth. He's worth whatever you want him to be worth. Unless he sold everything he owns, there's no way of knowing his exact worth.

While this bit "Unless he sold everything he owns, " has SOME truth, the reminder is just crap.

Trump likes to speak of net worth, and most people think he is lying about it. Blowing off all calls to prove any of these naysayers wrong, it is a save bet he is worth about what Forbes thinks. Now, why is it my business? Well, one, he talks of his "business success" and most know how exaggerated that is. Since it is his entire resume, that matters. Two, in the words of Nixon, "Everyone has a right to know if their president is a crook". That is why presidential candidates have released this information for about 50 years now - and Trump knows this. He lambasted Romney for his slow release of tax information.

Trump is a hypocrite. He is a exaggeration of his own buffoonish ego. : :

I'm speaking from experience. I worked for a billionaire for a few years who would buy houses without caring how much they were worth. She bought the house they lived in for 2 million more than what the former owner paid for it two years earlier. He paid 1 1/2 million for it and she paid him 3 1/2 million for it two years later. He made 2 million in two years time. She is still living in that home that's worth only the amount that someone else is willing to pay for it. She can say that house is worth 10 million today 15 years after she paid for it but that doesn't mean it's worth 10 million.

I have worked in the broker/dealer/banking world for most of my life. I think my experience in this is plenty deep.

Estimating net worth has value. Trump has valued his own net worth 2-4x what it is. That is not just messing with vagaries of the market, that is lying because you are an egotistical a$$hole.

I agree that Donald Trump has a big ego because of how he observes himself in the world he perceives with his subjective senses. To him, he is worth 10 billion dollars or more. You have never lived in Donald Trump's world so you have no idea what he perceives.

You don't like Donald Trump and this is why you say the things you say about him. If you liked him, then you wouldn't care what he's worth. I could care less what he says he's worth because I don't vote for anyone. I quit voting in 1992 after voting for that liar named George Bush Sr.

Then you are a fool. A fool for voting for Bush, a fool for not voting now, and a fool for thinking Trump is anything other than a blowhard.

I'm not a fool at all. I don't vote for liars who promise you one thing and do something completely different. There has never been a person in our government who isn't a liar.

Yea, I think he is pondscum. This is one of the reasons. He lies about everything, and when questioned about it, sues and screams - and THEN has the... He needs to show his taxes just like every other candidate for the last 50 years. He does not get a break because he can be the bigger a$$hole.

I can't change your perception of Donald Trump. That can only come from the one who created your senses and mind. I didn't like Donald Trump at all 34 years ago. I'm only interested in watching an outsider make those fearful politicians very confused.

P.S.
Keep not voting, you seem to have terrible judgment in POTUSs.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 1:01:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/16/2016 11:39:18 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?

Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.
So because Nixon actually tried to look honest to the American public whilst being the most dishonest president in US history and being embroidered in a huge scandal, Trump must also release private fiscal information simply because he's running for president?

"Tried to look honest" is telling language, given the circumstances. Its tacit admission that such is an honest act in at attempt for redemption.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Haven't seen a witch hunt like this in a while. Do you actually really care?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 1:44:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

I see the left wing propaganda apparatus is out in full force this week.
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:39:40 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 1:01:16 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 5/16/2016 11:39:18 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?

Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.
How are releasing tax returns related to the image of being an everyday Joe, and how are tax returns representative of someone's success in their business career? I don't think people judge a person's career by their taxes...
Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.
So because Nixon actually tried to look honest to the American public whilst being the most dishonest president in US history and being embroidered in a huge scandal, Trump must also release private fiscal information simply because he's running for president?

"Tried to look honest" is telling language, given the circumstances. Its tacit admission that such is an honest act in at attempt for redemption.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Haven't seen a witch hunt like this in a while. Do you actually really care?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 2:44:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

It is fairly clear Trump is not nearly as rich as he claims. He also probably doesn't donate much, and may have some shady business connections. Showing the tax returns would prove this, so he's holding off. Trumpkins don't care about this, because they have a cult mentality and would vote for him if he shot people on the street.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 3:20:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 2:39:40 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/17/2016 1:01:16 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 5/16/2016 11:39:18 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?

Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.
How are releasing tax returns related to the image of being an everyday Joe, and how are tax returns representative of someone's success in their business career? I don't think people judge a person's career by their taxes...

Its a corner Mr. Trump has painted himself into. Either:

He is a VERY successful businessman, and pays taxes on a large amount of money, meaning he is probably not 'every day Joe'.

He is not a successful business man, and demonstrably pays very little in taxes because he makes very little.

He is a successful businessman and pays what could conceivably seen as a disproportional amount of taxes on the money he makes, furthering the not an every day Joe.

A tax return is a pretty good way of finding out how accountable some one is with their money, I am sure you agree.

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.
So because Nixon actually tried to look honest to the American public whilst being the most dishonest president in US history and being embroidered in a huge scandal, Trump must also release private fiscal information simply because he's running for president?

"Tried to look honest" is telling language, given the circumstances. Its tacit admission that such is an honest act in at attempt for redemption.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Haven't seen a witch hunt like this in a while. Do you actually really care?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 3:56:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 3:20:59 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 5/17/2016 2:39:40 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/17/2016 1:01:16 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 5/16/2016 11:39:18 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?

Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.
How are releasing tax returns related to the image of being an everyday Joe, and how are tax returns representative of someone's success in their business career? I don't think people judge a person's career by their taxes...

Its a corner Mr. Trump has painted himself into. Either:

He is a VERY successful businessman, and pays taxes on a large amount of money, meaning he is probably not 'every day Joe'.

He is not a successful business man, and demonstrably pays very little in taxes because he makes very little.

He is a successful businessman and pays what could conceivably seen as a disproportional amount of taxes on the money he makes, furthering the not an every day Joe.

A tax return is a pretty good way of finding out how accountable some one is with their money, I am sure you agree.

First off, I'll say that you can have all the money in the world, and still be an average Joe. The fact that particularly the left seems to disqualify any possibility of a person being a normal and average person based on the sole fact that they have a ton of money & really dehumanizing them is completely ridiculous and is doing that which they seem to discourage the most: stereotyping. Money has nothing to do with whether or not you're an average person. The way you conduct yourself, demeanor, how you treat others has so much more to do with how you fit in as an average Joe. Under these much more qualified criteria, Trump is undeniably an average Joe who connects with his voters better than any other Presidential candidate since Andrew Jackson. I know plenty of other rich people who are the same way, they talk like any other person, enjoy the same things as any other person, and conduct themselves like any other person. Just because they have money doesn't mean they aren't just normal people, and to say otherwise is just simply wrong and completely closed minded.

Next, don't you think that one arbitrary tax return is not a good representation of an entire person or business's career? If you took the tax returns of the giant banking firms during the financial crisis, you would certainly not get an accurate representation of what their record is. Secondly, how do you define success? I would say anyone paying in the top bracket is undoubtedly successful. The bottom line is, Trump turned a million into billions & Trump pays more in taxes than >99% of the general public, so he's more successful than >99% of Americans. No one has an accurate gauge of what he should be paying total in taxes, and no one has an accurate gauge of what any person for that matter should be paying total in taxes and its entirely likely that Trump will be criticized by the left no matter how much he ends up paying.

All a tax return is is a statement of how much income you made in the past year. That shows nothing about accountability, shows nothing about individual investments, all it shows is the net. If you are so concerned with accountability, find out and follow Trump's individual investments through the years and find out what the returns are. Simply looking at how much income he generated will do nothing to show accountability.
Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.
So because Nixon actually tried to look honest to the American public whilst being the most dishonest president in US history and being embroidered in a huge scandal, Trump must also release private fiscal information simply because he's running for president?

"Tried to look honest" is telling language, given the circumstances. Its tacit admission that such is an honest act in at attempt for redemption.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Haven't seen a witch hunt like this in a while. Do you actually really care?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:31:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
The bottom line is, Trump turned a million into billions

WOW. Is really what you think? Seriously?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:40:34 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 2:44:18 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

It is fairly clear Trump is not nearly as rich as he claims. He also probably doesn't donate much, and may have some shady business connections. Showing the tax returns would prove this, so he's holding off. Trumpkins don't care about this, because they have a cult mentality and would vote for him if he shot people on the street.

It's fairly clear people want that Gotcha just like the nutbags wanted a piece of paper that had the word Muslim on the same page as Obama ....

The left is desperate, just like the right was when it couldn't touch Obama.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 4:50:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?

Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.
How are releasing tax returns related to the image of being an everyday Joe, and how are tax returns representative of someone's success in their business career? I don't think people judge a person's career by their taxes...

Its a corner Mr. Trump has painted himself into. Either:

He is a VERY successful businessman, and pays taxes on a large amount of money, meaning he is probably not 'every day Joe'.

He is not a successful business man, and demonstrably pays very little in taxes because he makes very little.

He is a successful businessman and pays what could conceivably seen as a disproportional amount of taxes on the money he makes, furthering the not an every day Joe.

A tax return is a pretty good way of finding out how accountable some one is with their money, I am sure you agree.

First off, I'll say that you can have all the money in the world, and still be an average Joe. The fact that particularly the left seems to disqualify any possibility of a person being a normal and average person based on the sole fact that they have a ton of money & really dehumanizing them is completely ridiculous and is doing that which they seem to discourage the most: stereotyping. Money has nothing to do with whether or not you're an average person. The way you conduct yourself, demeanor, how you treat others has so much more to do with how you fit in as an average Joe.

Typically, how you conduct yourself, your demeanor, and how you treat others changes drastically when large sums of money enters the equation, for better or for worse.

Under these much more qualified criteria, Trump is undeniably an average Joe who connects with his voters better than any other Presidential candidate since Andrew Jackson.

Respectfully, I disagree, but there really is no criteria with which scale such a thing by.

I know plenty of other rich people who are the same way, they talk like any other person, enjoy the same things as any other person, and conduct themselves like any other person. Just because they have money doesn't mean they aren't just normal people, and to say otherwise is just simply wrong and completely closed minded.

I am not disagreeing that such is possible with regards to their demeanor, however by definition, having such resources puts them out of the realm of "average", it simply becomes a matter of how one returns the relation.

Next, don't you think that one arbitrary tax return is not a good representation of an entire person or business's career? If you took the tax returns of the giant banking firms during the financial crisis, you would certainly not get an accurate representation of what their record is.

Firms or CEOs?

Secondly, how do you define success?

Less than 2 bankruptcies.

I would say anyone paying in the top bracket is undoubtedly successful. The bottom line is, Trump turned a million into billions & Trump pays more in taxes than >99% of the general public, so he's more successful than >99% of Americans. No one has an accurate gauge of what he should be paying total in taxes, and no one has an accurate gauge of what any person for that matter should be paying total in taxes and its entirely likely that Trump will be criticized by the left no matter how much he ends up paying.

What are you privy to in order to bandy about millions and billions as opposed to bluff and bluster from some one whom told you they have millions into billions?

All a tax return is is a statement of how much income you made in the past year. That shows nothing about accountability,

...? Do you pay taxes? If I objectively pulled in 100K and plead poverty at the end of the year, I think that goes quite a bit to accountability, how about you?

shows nothing about individual investments, all it shows is the net. If you are so concerned with accountability, find out and follow Trump's individual investments through the years and find out what the returns are.

4 bankruptcies.

Simply looking at how much income he generated will do nothing to show accountability.

If you are planning on portraying yourself as a successful businessman, I beg to differ, it goes miles to said. Easiest way to show your worth is pay stubs or tax returns.

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.
So because Nixon actually tried to look honest to the American public whilst being the most dishonest president in US history and being embroidered in a huge scandal, Trump must also release private fiscal information simply because he's running for president?

"Tried to look honest" is telling language, given the circumstances. Its tacit admission that such is an honest act in at attempt for redemption.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

Haven't seen a witch hunt like this in a while. Do you actually really care?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 5:25:24 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 4:50:03 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.
Equating tax returns to a birth certificate? It is especially hypocritical to see someone who was clearly against the birther argument suddenly engage in a similar witch hunt about how much money a man makes in a year. Lmao
"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""
It's not. Can I see your tax returns? How much do you and your family make per year? Weren't any of you taught that it's impolite and bad practice to invade someone's fiscal privacy?

Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.
How are releasing tax returns related to the image of being an everyday Joe, and how are tax returns representative of someone's success in their business career? I don't think people judge a person's career by their taxes...

Its a corner Mr. Trump has painted himself into. Either:

He is a VERY successful businessman, and pays taxes on a large amount of money, meaning he is probably not 'every day Joe'.

He is not a successful business man, and demonstrably pays very little in taxes because he makes very little.

He is a successful businessman and pays what could conceivably seen as a disproportional amount of taxes on the money he makes, furthering the not an every day Joe.

A tax return is a pretty good way of finding out how accountable some one is with their money, I am sure you agree.

First off, I'll say that you can have all the money in the world, and still be an average Joe. The fact that particularly the left seems to disqualify any possibility of a person being a normal and average person based on the sole fact that they have a ton of money & really dehumanizing them is completely ridiculous and is doing that which they seem to discourage the most: stereotyping. Money has nothing to do with whether or not you're an average person. The way you conduct yourself, demeanor, how you treat others has so much more to do with how you fit in as an average Joe.

Typically, how you conduct yourself, your demeanor, and how you treat others changes drastically when large sums of money enters the equation, for better or for worse.

Under these much more qualified criteria, Trump is undeniably an average Joe who connects with his voters better than any other Presidential candidate since Andrew Jackson.

Respectfully, I disagree, but there really is no criteria with which scale such a thing by.

I know plenty of other rich people who are the same way, they talk like any other person, enjoy the same things as any other person, and conduct themselves like any other person. Just because they have money doesn't mean they aren't just normal people, and to say otherwise is just simply wrong and completely closed minded.

I am not disagreeing that such is possible with regards to their demeanor, however by definition, having such resources puts them out of the realm of "average", it simply becomes a matter of how one returns the relation.
Only if you add money into the equation. Still, money is not a good way to judge character.
Next, don't you think that one arbitrary tax return is not a good representation of an entire person or business's career? If you took the tax returns of the giant banking firms during the financial crisis, you would certainly not get an accurate representation of what their record is.

Firms or CEOs?
Either
Secondly, how do you define success?

Less than 2 bankruptcies.
SO theoretically a person with hundreds of successful ventures is not successful because of 2 unsuccessful ventures.
I would say anyone paying in the top bracket is undoubtedly successful. The bottom line is, Trump turned a million into billions & Trump pays more in taxes than >99% of the general public, so he's more successful than >99% of Americans. No one has an accurate gauge of what he should be paying total in taxes, and no one has an accurate gauge of what any person for that matter should be paying total in taxes and its entirely likely that Trump will be criticized by the left no matter how much he ends up paying.

What are you privy to in order to bandy about millions and billions as opposed to bluff and bluster from some one whom told you they have millions into billions?

All a tax return is is a statement of how much income you made in the past year. That shows nothing about accountability,

...? Do you pay taxes? If I objectively pulled in 100K and plead poverty at the end of the year, I think that goes quite a bit to accountability, how about you?
Well that scenario goes a bit more into intelligence than accountability. Certainly if Trump is under IRS audit and at risk to go to jail if he doesn't accurately disclose what he makes, he's going to tell the truth on his taxes. The legal world seems to stand by Trump on not disclosing his taxes while under audit as well. http://lawnewz.com...
shows nothing about individual investments, all it shows is the net. If you are so concerned with accountability, find out and follow Trump's individual investments through the years and find out what the returns are.

4 bankruptcies.
Out of how many ventures? Again someone could have had hundreds of successes and four bankruptcies, and you'd still classify them as a failure.

Simply looking at how much income he generated will do nothing to show accountability.

If you are planning on portraying yourself as a successful businessman, I beg to differ, it goes miles to said. Easiest way to show your worth is pay stubs or tax returns.
I disagree, but lets say he does disclose his taxes. What arbitrary number in taxes constitutes success?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 5:26:46 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 4:40:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/17/2016 2:44:18 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

It is fairly clear Trump is not nearly as rich as he claims. He also probably doesn't donate much, and may have some shady business connections. Showing the tax returns would prove this, so he's holding off. Trumpkins don't care about this, because they have a cult mentality and would vote for him if he shot people on the street.

It's fairly clear people want that Gotcha just like the nutbags wanted a piece of paper that had the word Muslim on the same page as Obama ....

Tax returns aren't a 'gotcha'. If Trump has nothing to hide, why not release them?

The left is desperate, just like the right was when it couldn't touch Obama.

lol
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 5:32:49 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/17/2016 5:26:46 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/17/2016 4:40:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/17/2016 2:44:18 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/15/2016 2:42:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

How do people feel about Trump not disclosing his tax returns? I think it is important for the President to be transparent with the people, and it reflects very poorly on Trump and his character. It is especially hypocritical seeing as how Trump through a fuss about Obama not releasing his birth certificate and college transcript. It also shows that Trump has something to hide, as if his taxes were fine, he would have no problem releasing them.




"On Friday, he disagreed that Americans have a right to see his returns. Asked what his tax rate is during an interview on ABC"s "Good Morning America," he snapped, "None of your business.""

Trump says the reason is that he is being audited. But, that did not stop Nixon from releasing his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump now says he won"t release his returns because he"s being audited. Such concern didn"t stop President Nixon from releasing several years of returns in 1973 " even though the Internal Revenue Service subsequently determined that the president owed nearly $500,000 in back taxes."

It is fairly clear Trump is not nearly as rich as he claims. He also probably doesn't donate much, and may have some shady business connections. Showing the tax returns would prove this, so he's holding off. Trumpkins don't care about this, because they have a cult mentality and would vote for him if he shot people on the street.

It's fairly clear people want that Gotcha just like the nutbags wanted a piece of paper that had the word Muslim on the same page as Obama ....

Tax returns aren't a 'gotcha'. If Trump has nothing to hide, why not release them?

The left is desperate, just like the right was when it couldn't touch Obama.

lol

http://lawnewz.com...
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 5:47:46 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Mr. Trumps effective platform of why you should vote for him is that he is a successful businessman, and an every day Joe to boot. If Mr. Trump would like to conceal an objective record of how good of a businessman, and every day Joe he is, his platform is then questionable.
How are releasing tax returns related to the image of being an everyday Joe, and how are tax returns representative of someone's success in their business career? I don't think people judge a person's career by their taxes...

Its a corner Mr. Trump has painted himself into. Either:

He is a VERY successful businessman, and pays taxes on a large amount of money, meaning he is probably not 'every day Joe'.

He is not a successful business man, and demonstrably pays very little in taxes because he makes very little.

He is a successful businessman and pays what could conceivably seen as a disproportional amount of taxes on the money he makes, furthering the not an every day Joe.

A tax return is a pretty good way of finding out how accountable some one is with their money, I am sure you agree.

First off, I'll say that you can have all the money in the world, and still be an average Joe. The fact that particularly the left seems to disqualify any possibility of a person being a normal and average person based on the sole fact that they have a ton of money & really dehumanizing them is completely ridiculous and is doing that which they seem to discourage the most: stereotyping. Money has nothing to do with whether or not you're an average person. The way you conduct yourself, demeanor, how you treat others has so much more to do with how you fit in as an average Joe.

Typically, how you conduct yourself, your demeanor, and how you treat others changes drastically when large sums of money enters the equation, for better or for worse.

Under these much more qualified criteria, Trump is undeniably an average Joe who connects with his voters better than any other Presidential candidate since Andrew Jackson.

Respectfully, I disagree, but there really is no criteria with which scale such a thing by.

I know plenty of other rich people who are the same way, they talk like any other person, enjoy the same things as any other person, and conduct themselves like any other person. Just because they have money doesn't mean they aren't just normal people, and to say otherwise is just simply wrong and completely closed minded.

I am not disagreeing that such is possible with regards to their demeanor, however by definition, having such resources puts them out of the realm of "average", it simply becomes a matter of how one returns the relation.
Only if you add money into the equation. Still, money is not a good way to judge character.

Its reliable more often than not. ;) That should sound mildly ominous for a reason.

Next, don't you think that one arbitrary tax return is not a good representation of an entire person or business's career? If you took the tax returns of the giant banking firms during the financial crisis, you would certainly not get an accurate representation of what their record is.

Firms or CEOs?
Either

I am not certain how to look up a bank's tax records, however if public reporting regarding CEO's whom got bonuses, their firm went under or was bought out, and they didn't suffer consequence is an indication of how "average" they are... well, what variety of accountability does that person posses?

Secondly, how do you define success?

Less than 2 bankruptcies.

SO theoretically a person with hundreds of successful ventures is not successful because of 2 unsuccessful ventures.

Quite. While a lot of people attempt to put a pretty face on bankruptcy, me, operating from my position of "average Joe" don't get the luxury of having the ability to fail, fail again, then fail fail fail fail, and some how it not affect my appearance of business acumen. Business and morality have no obligations to run hand in hand, nor does capitalism and patriotism (another topic, but might come up later).

I would...by the left no matter how much he ends up paying.

What are you privy to in order to bandy about millions and billions as opposed to bluff and bluster from some one whom told you they have millions into billions?

All a tax return is is a statement of how much income you made in the past year. That shows nothing about accountability,

...? Do you pay taxes? If I objectively pulled in 100K and plead poverty at the end of the year, I think that goes quite a bit to accountability, how about you?

Well that scenario goes a bit more into intelligence than accountability.

Let me get a bit closer then: If I objectively pulled in millions or billions and made my political platform around such success, accountability dictates I avail some form of objective criteria to prove it.

Certainly if Trump is under IRS audit and at risk to go to jail if he doesn't accurately disclose what he makes, he's going to tell the truth on his taxes. The legal world seems to stand by Trump on not disclosing his taxes while under audit as well. http://lawnewz.com...

Of course. Its the onus of the state to discover evidence to a charge. Its would be totally stupid for a murder suspect to take the stand. Trump is no different in that strategy.

shows nothing about individual investments, all it shows is the net. If you are so concerned with accountability, find out and follow Trump's individual investments through the years and find out what the returns are.

4 bankruptcies.
Out of how many ventures? Again someone could have had hundreds of successes and four bankruptcies, and you'd still classify them as a failure.

To me, the nature of a bankruptcy is failure. I appreciate that the "business world" views that differently, that some how, failing can still retain millions in assets, and even some how roll that into success, but such a short coming to me is not something taken lightly. To others, it is. Its simply a paper transaction, and the people behind it aren't given consideration.


Simply looking at how much income he generated will do nothing to show accountability.

If you are planning on portraying yourself as a successful businessman, I beg to differ, it goes miles to said. Easiest way to show your worth is pay stubs or tax returns.

I disagree, but lets say he does disclose his taxes. What arbitrary number in taxes constitutes success?

I would say a year to be about.... 5 percent of his claim. Should he be a billionaire, I don't think a 5 million a year paycheck would be unreasonable, though I am easy to please.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...