Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Ideas On . . .

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 3:49:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is your idea of perfect government . . . ?

Mine is one in which politicians do not get paid, the governing body should only receive the amount and type of food the average citizen eats, convicts are used for labor to help pay for government ventures, bad political leader should be egged and thrown into exile, removal of gerrymandering, once every few years the tax system gets reset, taxes based upon income, those who do not pay any taxes have no right to use taxpayer property (exceptions being those who are not allowed or are incapable of paying taxes such as children, and the mentally challenged) , if a president wishes to engage in combat without the general approval of the citizens he (she) should be placed upon the front lines to be the first one to shoot at the enemy and to prove their resolve . . . and that is just a tiny morsel of my idea of perfect government . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
OrionsGambit
Posts: 258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 4:02:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The word perfect turned me off right away.

All I'll say is meritocracy...'nuff said. (not a form of government per se I know, leave me alone :P)
Noblesse Oblige
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 4:15:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/8/2010 4:02:32 PM, OrionsGambit wrote:
The word perfect turned me off right away.

All I'll say is meritocracy...'nuff said. (not a form of government per se I know, leave me alone :P)

. . . meritocracy . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
OrionsGambit
Posts: 258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 4:20:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/8/2010 4:15:17 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/8/2010 4:02:32 PM, OrionsGambit wrote:
The word perfect turned me off right away.

All I'll say is meritocracy...'nuff said. (not a form of government per se I know, leave me alone :P)

. . . meritocracy . . .

I don't think anyone should lead anything unless they've merited it through some sort of action. And living comfortably into your forties is not what I consider meritable. If I could go back in time and live sometime between 400BC and 1400AD I would...minus the hygiene issues >_>
Noblesse Oblige
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 4:42:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/8/2010 4:20:23 PM, OrionsGambit wrote:
At 12/8/2010 4:15:17 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/8/2010 4:02:32 PM, OrionsGambit wrote:
The word perfect turned me off right away.

All I'll say is meritocracy...'nuff said. (not a form of government per se I know, leave me alone :P)

. . . meritocracy . . .

I don't think anyone should lead anything unless they've merited it through some sort of action. And living comfortably into your forties is not what I consider meritable. If I could go back in time and live sometime between 400BC and 1400AD I would...minus the hygiene issues >_>

Hmmm . . . similar in government to Starship Troopers . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 4:48:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/8/2010 3:49:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What is your idea of perfect government . . . ?

Mine is one in which politicians do not get paid, the governing body should only receive the amount and type of food the average citizen eats, convicts are used for labor to help pay for government ventures, bad political leader should be egged and thrown into exile, removal of gerrymandering, once every few years the tax system gets reset, taxes based upon income, those who do not pay any taxes have no right to use taxpayer property (exceptions being those who are not allowed or are incapable of paying taxes such as children, and the mentally challenged) , if a president wishes to engage in combat without the general approval of the citizens he (she) should be placed upon the front lines to be the first one to shoot at the enemy and to prove their resolve . . . and that is just a tiny morsel of my idea of perfect government . . .

Pretty similar actually. I could go for super-robo-war-land.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Saint.James
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 5:56:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/8/2010 5:55:36 PM, Saint.James wrote:
My idea of the perfect goverment is basicly the same as koopins

oppppppppssssssssssssssss lol i mean super robot wars lol

change your pic plz xD
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 11:24:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/8/2010 4:21:39 PM, Sieben wrote:
A system of guilds/tribes like in MMOs!

They do have pretty good drill sergeants.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.