Jump to topic:

Where You Stand As of Now

AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 2:54:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Well the choices have been narrowed down almost to the point: Clinton, Trump, or Third Party (assuming you vote). Instead of looking at polls online, I simply want to hear where everyone stands right now on who they would vote for and their reasons for it. For anyone voting third party, I would like to hear who you are voting for and what you would like to see Trump or Clinton do for them to earn your vote.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:01:33 AM
The one that doesn't want amnesty, isn't a reliable warhawk, or a corporate shill.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:43:42 AM
At 5/19/2016 3:01:33 AM, someloser wrote:
The one that doesn't want amnesty, isn't a reliable warhawk, or a corporate shill

So if Trump shifts left enough to convince you he doesn't revolve around corporations, he's got your vote? I've seen articles talking about how Hillary is more hawkish than Trump.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:11:53 AM
At 5/19/2016 3:43:42 AM, AdamEsk wrote:
So if Trump shifts left enough to convince you he doesn't revolve around corporations, he's got your vote?
Not his primary motivation, from what is known so far. Already has it.

I've seen articles talking about how Hillary is more hawkish than Trump.
Yea. He flipped on it once or so, but that's way better than someone with the FP track record of a neocon.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:20:18 AM
So I am 18+ and eligible to vote...

Gary Johnson has polled double digits on several polls, so I would vote for him if he had a decent shot. Though it's most likely the idiots in charge of the media won't give third party candidates like him any coverage. So most likely, I would vote for Donald Trump if I was eligible.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:20:37 AM
At 5/19/2016 4:20:18 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Gary Johnson has polled double digits on several polls, so I would vote for him if he had a decent shot. Though it's most likely the idiots in charge of the media won't give third party candidates like him any coverage. So most likely, I would vote for Donald Trump if I was eligible.

*So assuming I am 18+ and eligible to vote
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:40:38 AM
At 5/19/2016 4:20:18 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I would say Trump is the closest to a successful "Third Party Candidate" that we've had in decades. That being said, I'm not sure if Trump is the ideal third party candidate, and I am interested to see how the RNC affects him between now and the general election.
walker_harris3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:16:42 PM
At 5/19/2016 2:54:31 AM, AdamEsk wrote:
Well the choices have been narrowed down almost to the point: Clinton, Trump, or Third Party (assuming you vote). Instead of looking at polls online, I simply want to hear where everyone stands right now on who they would vote for and their reasons for it. For anyone voting third party, I would like to hear who you are voting for and what you would like to see Trump or Clinton do for them to earn your vote.

If the race is close in NC between Trump and Hillary, (which it probably will be) then I'll vote Trump. If it isn't though, I'll voting for John McAfee who is a complete bad@ss & would encourage others in a similar position as me (libertarian leaning) to do the same with their vote to give the Libertarian party more attention.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:24:00 PM
If the race is close in NC between Trump and Hillary, (which it probably will be) then I'll vote Trump. If it isn't though, I'll voting for John McAfee who is a complete bad@ss & would encourage others in a similar position as me (libertarian leaning) to do the same with their vote to give the Libertarian party more attention.

Interesting choice. I consider myself predominantly libertarian, and I tend to drift more towards Gary Johnson. I've seen polls that say he has the better chance at grabbing votes compared to other libertarian candidates.
walker_harris3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:31:57 PM
At 5/19/2016 8:24:00 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

Interesting choice. I consider myself predominantly libertarian, and I tend to drift more towards Gary Johnson. I've seen polls that say he has the better chance at grabbing votes compared to other libertarian candidates.

Yea you can't go wrong with either, I just like McAfee more because of his life story.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:54:05 PM
Either third party or Trump. It all depends on how angry I get at current culture in which I will back Trump.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:41:44 PM
At 5/19/2016 8:54:05 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Either third party or Trump. It all depends on how angry I get at current culture in which I will back Trump.

I'm starting to think it comes down to the long term affects that both Trump and Clinton could potentially bring. The bulk of these affects come their Supreme Court Nominations.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:50:49 PM
At 5/19/2016 8:31:57 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
At 5/19/2016 8:24:00 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

Yea you can't go wrong with either, I just like McAfee more because of his life story.

I don't like McAfee or Johnson because of the way that they lived their lives, so I prefer Peterson. I don't want someone who indulges in drugs to be leading this nation.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:59:41 PM

Clinton is a fraud, liar, and warhawk

Trump is full of s*it and won't do half the things he will do.

I like Gary Johnson or Austin Petersen
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 10:11:54 PM
The election now narrows down to either a Liar or the Antichrist

Thank God I don't live in the US.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Mr.Wonderful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 11:16:47 PM
Hmm... well... I don't hate America... I am not a card carrying communist... I really don't like traitors who sell military secrets to foreign hostile factions... I think child molesters who cover for their spouse's sex crimes should be in jail... I believe in severely torturing and brutally executing goat rapists who kill and mutilate women and children in the name of Allah, the Great Deceiver (a.k.a. Satan)... I believe that the lives of American soldiers make a difference and that difference is freedom... I don't like traitors to country and believe anyone who supports a totalitarian world government run by globalist Saudi and European banking and oil interests (like the Clinton Foundation does) does not care for the well-being of the American public or much for humanity in general... I believe America has suffered more under the Obama, Bush, and Clinton regimes than any other time in its history... During the past two decades we have gone from being a first world superpower our current state which many third-world banana republics do not envy... I am strongly against forcing those few people still willing to work for substandard wages pay for the housing, healthcare, reproduction, bar tab, and illicit drug use of those who aren't... and above all I believe in the second amendment which protects me from those who believe otherwise.

So by process of elimination... I must endorse a candidate that shares my beliefs.

TRUMP 2016!!!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 1:09:02 AM
I am voting for Trump and would not even waste ny time voting for a third party. I'd consider Hillary before I would a third party
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 2:47:38 AM

I'm voting for Gary Johnson or Austin Peterson. Trump would have to agree to allow Muslims in the country to get my vote and Hilary would have to stop being a lying warmonger.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 4:59:52 AM
I still have research to do on free trade's economic impacts and Hillary's interventionist tendencies before I can make an informed decision. I'm confident in the ability of the FBI prosecutor to make the right call on the e-mail issue, as he's stated publicly that he's taking so long so that he can do the job right, rather than caving to political pressure, so if he says she's innocent, I'll believe it and not have fundamental questions about her integrity. I can't stand her pandering (e.g. with Nancy Reagan), but finding her aloof/uncaring is at least better than finding her without integrity.

I can't analyze Trump until I have more of an idea about what's real and what's pandering, and it's hard to tell the difference without a track record. For example, he's said that he wants us to withdraw from world affairs and make our allies pay their fair share. Not bad ideas. However, if our allies don't pay their fair share (which would require increased military spending on their part), we can't just let things collapse. Leaving NATO would be a mistake of catastrophic proportions. In any case, he's also said that he's going to destroy ISIS. A perfect goal, but it's at odds with the first one. We can't increase our military effort against ISIS and simultaneously reduce our military effort. That's what I mean by a struggle to figure out his actual positions.

I'm probably most likely to vote third-party at this point, and vote for whichever third party seems most electable (likely Gary Johnson, and while I don't agree with his economics, I don't really agree with Clinton's or Trump's economic policies either, so I can see myself being decently comfortable with him).
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3