Jump to topic:

Callout to Anti Trumpers

Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 2:36:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I will debate with any of you on the DDO Google Hangout about why Trump will make a good president, and how he is far better than Hillary Clinton. If you are willing to step up and stop hiding behind your keyboard, hit me up.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:04:49 PM
At 5/19/2016 2:36:31 PM, Objectivity wrote:
I will debate with any of you on the DDO Google Hangout about why Trump will make a good president, and how he is far better than Hillary Clinton. If you are willing to step up and stop hiding behind your keyboard, hit me up.

That's not the issue for most of them. They don't want to see the GOP dismantled, and a Trump loss might preserve the old establishment GOP. That's more important to them than 4 years of Hillary.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:45:55 PM

Challenge accepted m8.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:35:23 PM

At least she has an Islamic mole as her right hand lady. Oh wait. That's not a good thing...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:40:45 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:45:55 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Challenge accepted m8.

i thought you supported trump lol
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:43:39 PM
At 5/19/2016 5:40:45 PM, Objectivity wrote:

Challenge accepted m8.

He's a Muslim terrorist working for ISIS. Why would he support Trump?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:45:21 PM
At 5/19/2016 5:43:39 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Challenge accepted m8.

Because muslims and Trump share one thing in common: They don't like anyjuan.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:48:50 PM
At 5/19/2016 5:43:39 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Challenge accepted m8.

wat
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:04:25 PM

Challenge accepted m8.

I'm more anti Trump than a tree stump.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 10:09:29 PM
At 5/19/2016 8:04:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Challenge accepted m8.

ok, so you are down to debate then? lol
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:44:44 PM

I would debate that.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:54:14 PM

I'd give an actual debate. The topic would be "Donald Trump would make a good President".
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 12:08:58 AM
At 5/19/2016 10:09:29 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 5/19/2016 8:04:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Challenge accepted m8.

ok, so you are down to debate then? lol

Yes habibi
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 3:18:46 AM
At 5/19/2016 11:44:44 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I would debate that.

Sweet, when?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 11:19:43 AM
At 5/20/2016 3:18:46 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 5/19/2016 11:44:44 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I would debate that.

Sweet, when?

I have never done a Google DDO debate. How is that different than a regular debate?

If we have 3 days to respond, I should be good anytime to debate.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:01:03 PM

I don't consider myself a #neverTrump voter. However, I do approach this election with skepticism. There are many positions with Trump I don't agree with, but lets start with his obvious pandering. This pandering sounds nice, but it also shows how easily he can sway with the wind. How do we know he will build a wall, nominate the right justice, or anything?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:15:21 PM
At 5/20/2016 6:01:03 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

I don't consider myself a #neverTrump voter. However, I do approach this election with skepticism. There are many positions with Trump I don't agree with, but lets start with his obvious pandering. This pandering sounds nice, but it also shows how easily he can sway with the wind. How do we know he will build a wall, nominate the right justice, or anything?

As long as the wall is a critical part of his platform, he will take more steps than any other president in history to make it happen. Presidents that fail to deliver on central key issues are doomed. Judges are a secondary issue, but it is likely he will take the party suggestions for nomination to avoid a voter backlash.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:17:45 PM
At 5/20/2016 6:15:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

As long as the wall is a critical part of his platform, he will take more steps than any other president in history to make it happen. Presidents that fail to deliver on central key issues are doomed. Judges are a secondary issue, but it is likely he will take the party suggestions for nomination to avoid a voter backlash.

What about his method of bringing jobs back to America through tariffs? Surely, you are concerned with this knee-jerk approach.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:19:29 PM
At 5/20/2016 6:17:45 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

What about his method of bringing jobs back to America through tariffs? Surely, you are concerned with this knee-jerk approach.

Some of it has truth, making it expensive for companies to relocate or outsource may not be great for the overall economy, but it will preserve jobs.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:25:05 PM
Also, the Judicial appointment issue is much more of a bargaining chip for Trump to play with the establishment's cooperation rather than a voter pandering issue.

You have to look at the motivations.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:34:46 PM
At 5/20/2016 6:19:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Some of it has truth, making it expensive for companies to relocate or outsource may not be great for the overall economy, but it will preserve jobs.

What are some issues that you see Trump staying strong on as President? What change should we expect with him in office rather than Clinton?

The only thing I can see is that Trump will be less divisive on social issues than Clinton.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:48:01 PM
At 5/20/2016 6:34:46 PM, AdamEsk wrote:
At 5/20/2016 6:19:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What are some issues that you see Trump staying strong on as President? What change should we expect with him in office rather than Clinton?

The only thing I can see is that Trump will be less divisive on social issues than Clinton.

The real main thing that will happen is a complete reversal of 70 years of failed, unsustainable "world police" foreign policy. That is going to free up alot of domestic funds for much needed social improvements like mental health services and real health care.

That will be his real legacy, not the wall, or anything else he is currently running on.
There are entire generations that don't know what it was ever like to grow up in peace. The Middle East war itself has been going on longer than most of my students have been alive. That has to change; and only a political outsider to the military industrial complex has a remote chance at doing that.

As far as the wall goes, I think he will focus more on equal application of the laws with no favoritism to Mexicans. That's something that will eventually prove to be the most lasting uniting thing for the country. Americans should feel that American law is a common uniting factor, no matter who you are or what you look like. That's actually far more important than the wall itself, even if the wall ends up being nothing more than a symbolic gesture of our commitment to the rule of law. If we can achieve that united purpose, no price is too high to build that symbol. Divided application of the rule of law is the doom of us as a nation. The framers of the 14th amendment knew that. Trump needs to get us there.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 7:19:21 PM
The real main thing that will happen is a complete reversal of 70 years of failed, unsustainable "world police" foreign policy. That is going to free up alot of domestic funds for much needed social improvements like mental health services and real health care.

That will be his real legacy, not the wall, or anything else he is currently running on.
There are entire generations that don't know what it was ever like to grow up in peace. The Middle East war itself has been going on longer than most of my students have been alive. That has to change; and only a political outsider to the military industrial complex has a remote chance at doing that.

As far as the wall goes, I think he will focus more on equal application of the laws with no favoritism to Mexicans. That's something that will eventually prove to be the most lasting uniting thing for the country. Americans should feel that American law is a common uniting factor, no matter who you are or what you look like. That's actually far more important than the wall itself, even if the wall ends up being nothing more than a symbolic gesture of our commitment to the rule of law. If we can achieve that united purpose, no price is too high to build that symbol. Divided application of the rule of law is the doom of us as a nation. The framers of the 14th amendment knew that. Trump needs to get us there.

Interesting point, how do you know that Trump will follow his seemingly dovish foreign policy?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 7:28:04 PM
At 5/20/2016 7:19:21 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

Interesting point, how do you know that Trump will follow his seemingly dovish foreign policy?

Read his statements. He's already taken alot of heat for drawing down NATO troop support. And for suggesting that NATO nations should pay something for the troops that NATO wants there. He has said alot of other things too, like, instead of chasing an expensive kingmaker policy with Assad, we can just simply walk away and let Russia kill ISIS with our blessing. Nothing he talks about hints at a show of force, rather, quick efficient solutions, and a draw down and de-escalation. Something even Obama was not able to do.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 7:34:10 PM
At 5/20/2016 7:19:21 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

Also, to add to this, Trump knows that Korea is mostly a CHINA problem. The Middle East is mostly a EUROPEAN problem. We really don't have a national interest in spending our coffers dry to support Europe and China!
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 7:42:50 PM
Read his statements. He's already taken alot of heat for drawing down NATO troop support. And for suggesting that NATO nations should pay something for the troops that NATO wants there. He has said alot of other things too, like, instead of chasing an expensive kingmaker policy with Assad, we can just simply walk away and let Russia kill ISIS with our blessing. Nothing he talks about hints at a show of force, rather, quick efficient solutions, and a draw down and de-escalation. Something even Obama was not able to do.

I've read his statements and they sound nice. However, this may just be his attempt to win over more left leaning voters. Remember when he was trying to win Republican support? He openly campaigned to going after terrorists' families (which is a war crime). In my opinion, this is an extreme shift that should bring caution to any voter.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 7:54:11 PM
At 5/20/2016 7:42:50 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

I've read his statements and they sound nice. However, this may just be his attempt to win over more left leaning voters. Remember when he was trying to win Republican support? He openly campaigned to going after terrorists' families (which is a war crime). In my opinion, this is an extreme shift that should bring caution to any voter.

Im much more comfortable with those statements than the carpet bombing statements from the industrial complex candidates. I tend to look at the long view.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 8:07:13 PM
At 5/20/2016 7:42:50 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

Ted Cruz promised to carpet bomb the middle east and make the sand glow. That's a far greater crime that targeting terrorist families. Cruz also is an Iraq war supporter.

Hillary Clinton supported the Iraq war, which is beyond a war crime, but is a crime against humanity. Trump maybe was a tepid supporter, Trump claims not to support the Iraq war.

So, on the issue of advocacy of war crimes, Trump is still the best man for President.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 4:14:40 AM

Challenge accepted m8.

He's a Somali Muslim living in Commie Canada and is far left. Why the hell would he support Trump :D?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 4:15:38 AM

He's undeniably better than Clinton. I just don't like the fact that he is on par with Bernie on free trade, and free trade is something I happen to support, as well as many credible economists.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.