Arachno-Capitalism refuted

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 7:54:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Any caps wana take on his objections?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 12:00:23 AM
At 5/19/2016 7:54:56 PM, n7 wrote:

Its existence refutes itself.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
roun12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 12:48:30 AM
At 5/19/2016 7:54:56 PM, n7 wrote:

I had no idea spiders were capitalists.
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 1:02:52 AM
I am dumbfounded by his utterly brilliant arguments. Show this video to any capitalist and he/she will instantly convert to communism. 10/10.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 1:04:33 AM
Seriously, though; it's interesting how my mind translated this text so as to read "Anarcho-Capitalism" up until the point when I watched the video.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 2:12:50 AM
At 5/20/2016 1:04:33 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Seriously, though; it's interesting how my mind translated this text so as to read "Anarcho-Capitalism" up until the point when I watched the video.

Same thing happened to me. I browsed the comments on the video and thought "Why the f*ck is everybody talking about spiders?"
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 2:20:33 AM
I saw the title and immediately thought it was anarcho-capitalism with the "anarcho" part misspelled. But it looked like some other word in its own right. It took me about one minute and realize that it really said "arachno", and I even had to watch the video for confirmation.

This would probably have fit better in the philosophy forum because this is a serious case of biased mind.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 12:05:35 PM

TBH I read it correctly from the start, and thought it might be a typo -- but when I saw the OP, I thought "hmm, some joke about 'spider-capitalism.'"
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 7:01:15 PM
At 5/20/2016 12:05:35 PM, tejretics wrote:

TBH I read it correctly from the start, and thought it might be a typo -- but when I saw the OP, I thought "hmm, some joke about 'spider-capitalism.'"

+1
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 2:44:01 PM

That's what I was thinking too. I assumed that it would be bad since it takes a little longer then under 3 minutes to refute politics, but then I read the title and it said "Arachno-Capitalism". I assumed it was a mistake, up until he started talking about it.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.