Damn, Tom... back at it again...

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:03:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
http://www.politico.com...

Tom Cotton is someone whose abject stupidity I've written about before. He's like the love child of the pre-2012 election Paul Ryan and the Westboro Baptist Church.

Never known for being measured or reserved, Cotton has declared that the United States suffers from an "under-incarceration problem." Yes. You heard that correctly. Under. Incarceration. Not over incarceration. Under Incarceration. The country that imprisons more people per capita than China, Iran, Russia, and every other fvcking country in the world isn't throwing enough people behind bars.

Obviously everyone knows why he is making this facially stupid argument: it serves the economic interests of his corporate whore sponsors in the for-profit prison industry, and the interests of his buddies, who essentially launder tax dollars into political donations that can now pretty much be unlimited. He's also laying the foundation for a wealthy corporate private sector position when his vile political career comes to an end.

Cotton is like a whiter, more disgusting version of Ted Cruz. He talks simply, despite being an allum of Harvard Law:

"Take a look at the facts. First, the claim that too many criminals are being jailed, that there is over-incarceration, ignores an unfortunate fact: for the vast majority of crimes, a perpetrator is never identified or arrested, let alone prosecuted, convicted, and jailed."

This is the rape culture argument transposed to criminal justice; and dishonest and stupid for the same reasons. But stupidity aside, let's take a moment to focus on the bare-bones "logic" of what he's saying.

You'd think he's trying to cut down crime. But is he? No. How do we know he's not trying to cut down crime, because he's in intelligent person who knows how high the recidivism rates are for prisoners who serve time, and he knows that throwing people in jail does not lower crime.

So what's he doing? He's manipulating stupid people to vote for him, obviously. Stupid people who do not understand the economics of crime, and think that just throwing people in jail serves society's interests.

Throwing criminals in jail at a higher rate than we are already doing serves no one's interest other than the bottom-feeding whore industries that leech revenue off the taxpayer's teet, in the form of sweetheart contracts (read: unethical business deals that essentially steal taxpayer money) to "private" companies (whose only clients are the U.S. Government), and who will thereafter transfer a sizable portion of their profits into Tom Cotton's reelection campaign.

Cotton is the worst of all Republican whores that exist.
Tsar of DDO
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:08:54 PM
when people ask me why Arkansas shouldn't be part of the union, I'll send them here.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:38:10 PM
At 5/21/2016 10:08:54 PM, someloser wrote:
when people ask me why Arkansas shouldn't be part of the union, I'll send them here.

Arkansas is a fvcked up place. Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton. Tom Cotton. The list goes on...
Tsar of DDO
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:39:16 PM
At 5/21/2016 10:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Arkansas is a fvcked up place. Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton. Tom Cotton. The list goes on...

Mike Huckabee man. there's no coming back from that
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:39:46 PM
At 5/21/2016 10:39:16 PM, someloser wrote:
At 5/21/2016 10:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Mike Huckabee man. there's no coming back from that

Indeed. Huckafuck is one of the most disgusting people in the history of US politics.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 1:51:53 AM
Throwing people in jail keeps society safe until the point when they're released.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid