Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Obama dishonored America in Japan

Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 5:01:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Barack Obama representing the United States dishonored the nation and its people by his words and insinuations while visiting Japan. President Obama acting in his position as president of the United States by his words and actions left the impression that it was the United States that without provocation attacked Japan.
Barack H, Obama inferred in his speech while in Japan that America's use of the Nuclear bomb was a shameful and dastardly deed and something that should weigh on the conscience of this country.
Barack H. Obama may have willfully forgotton what happened on December 8Th. 1941 but Americans remembers quite will what happened on that date. President
"Franklin D. Roosevelt spoke to the nation at 12:30 p.m. on December 8, 1941, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood before Congress and gave what is now known as his "Day of Infamy" or "Pearl Harbor" speech." "....Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan...." America didn't attack Japan, Japan attacked America first.
Barack Obama would do well to refrain from casting aspersions on America and to heed the words of wisdom from Winston Churchill who said, "Do not criticize your country when out of the country...."
ken1122
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 5:40:17 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 5:01:56 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
Barack Obama representing the United States dishonored the nation and its people by his words and insinuations while visiting Japan. President Obama acting in his position as president of the United States by his words and actions left the impression that it was the United States that without provocation attacked Japan.
Barack H, Obama inferred in his speech while in Japan that America's use of the Nuclear bomb was a shameful and dastardly deed and something that should weigh on the conscience of this country.
Barack H. Obama may have willfully forgotton what happened on December 8Th. 1941 but Americans remembers quite will what happened on that date. President
"Franklin D. Roosevelt spoke to the nation at 12:30 p.m. on December 8, 1941, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood before Congress and gave what is now known as his "Day of Infamy" or "Pearl Harbor" speech." "....Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan...." America didn't attack Japan, Japan attacked America first.
Barack Obama would do well to refrain from casting aspersions on America and to heed the words of wisdom from Winston Churchill who said, "Do not criticize your country when out of the country...."

Where did you get this information? Do you have a link, youtube video, or something that backs up this claim you've made?

Ken
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 6:14:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
It's Memorial Day weekend, and he visits a memorial in another country that is dedicated to the lives lost after we bombed their cities to shreds. It's mildly disrespectful to our own troops and doesn't show a hint of patriotism.

He should not apologize for what happened. It's war, after all, and they were the aggressors.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,820
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 6:46:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 5:01:56 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
Barack Obama representing the United States dishonored the nation and its people by his words and insinuations while visiting Japan. President Obama acting in his position as president of the United States by his words and actions left the impression that it was the United States that without provocation attacked Japan.
Barack H, Obama inferred in his speech while in Japan that America's use of the Nuclear bomb was a shameful and dastardly deed and something that should weigh on the conscience of this country.
Barack H. Obama may have willfully forgotton what happened on December 8Th. 1941 but Americans remembers quite will what happened on that date. President
"Franklin D. Roosevelt spoke to the nation at 12:30 p.m. on December 8, 1941, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood before Congress and gave what is now known as his "Day of Infamy" or "Pearl Harbor" speech." "....Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan...." America didn't attack Japan, Japan attacked America first.
Barack Obama would do well to refrain from casting aspersions on America and to heed the words of wisdom from Winston Churchill who said, "Do not criticize your country when out of the country...."
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 6:50:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 6:46:51 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/28/2016 5:01:56 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
Barack Obama representing the United States dishonored the nation and its people by his words and insinuations while visiting Japan. President Obama acting in his position as president of the United States by his words and actions left the impression that it was the United States that without provocation attacked Japan.
Barack H, Obama inferred in his speech while in Japan that America's use of the Nuclear bomb was a shameful and dastardly deed and something that should weigh on the conscience of this country.
Barack H. Obama may have willfully forgotton what happened on December 8Th. 1941 but Americans remembers quite will what happened on that date. President
"Franklin D. Roosevelt spoke to the nation at 12:30 p.m. on December 8, 1941, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood before Congress and gave what is now known as his "Day of Infamy" or "Pearl Harbor" speech." "....Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan...." America didn't attack Japan, Japan attacked America first.
Barack Obama would do well to refrain from casting aspersions on America and to heed the words of wisdom from Winston Churchill who said, "Do not criticize your country when out of the country...."

"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. Regardless of who instigated the war, and even if it was justified to end the war, it was still a HORRIBLE loss of human life. Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political. Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

You'd don't end a war of you don't make peace after it. These visits are essential with forming bonds with former enemies, now strong allies. That should be basic understanding.

Now a bet that many of you aren't even aware of a picture that was took of an old Japanese man hugging Obama. This man was in the outskirts of Hiroshima when it was bombed, which had killed many American POWs. He dedicated the rest of his life to finding the families of the lost POWs and helped them in any way he could. He was rightfully honored, and it's stories like these that give us a deeper appreciation for others, even those who are supposed to be our enemies.

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to.

Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 9:55:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political.:
Y Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to. : Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. :
Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
________________________________________
You posted ": Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. Regardless of who instigated the war, and even if it was justified to end the war, it was still a HORRIBLE loss of human life.
America, although attacked and innocent American lives were loss has given massive aid to Japan since World war 11.."
the "decision to use the atomic bomb.... was made because it was figured that it would.... save American lives which would otherwise have been lost in a two D-Day-style land invasions of the main islands
of the Japanese homeland." ("Operation Downfall " )
And "....Field Marshall Hisaichi Terauchi had ordered that all 100,000 Allied prisoners of war be executed if the Americans invaded..."..."the main islands of the Japanese homeland."
America gave the Japanese the chance to avoid having a second atom bomb dropped on them if they didn't surrender,"Primary Resources: Leaflets warning Japanese of Atomic Bomb, 1945"
"Leaflets dropped on cities in Japan warning civilians about the atomic bomb, dropped c. August 6, 1945
"TO THE JAPANESE PEOPLE:"
America asks that you take immediate heed of what we say on this leaflet.
"We are in possession of the most destructive explosive ever devised by man. A single one of our newly developed atomic bombs is actually the equivalent in explosive power to what 2000 of our giant B-29s can carry on a single mission. This awful fact is one for you to ponder and we solemnly assure you it is grimly accurate.
We have just begun to use this weapon against your homeland. If you still have any doubt, make inquiry as to what happened to Hiroshima when just one atomic bomb fell on that city.
"Before using this bomb to destroy every resource of the military by which they are prolonging this useless war, we ask that you now petition the Emperor to end the war. Our president has outlined for you the thirteen consequences of an honorable surrender. We urge that you accept these consequences and begin the work of building a new, better and peace-loving Japan. "
Since you have expressed your concern about the innocent Japanese lives loss what about the innocent lives loss when the Japanese attacked "Pearl Harbor," what about the lives loss of American allies and innocent civilians and American military men and women who didn't do anything to provoke Japan into attacking first.
In your estimation , are some innocent lives more valueable than others.
If a nation attacks another nation, or nations, there are consequences for such actions and unfortunately Civilians sometimes suffer along with those leaders of a nation which instigated those attacks.
https://quizlet.com......

It never fails that when something happens that involves Obama the leftist supporters of Obama whip out the " old Race Card ," its getting a little thread bare from usage but its expected, same old saw.
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 9:57:04 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 5:45:49 PM, AdamEsk wrote:
Obama also traveled to Vietnam and talked sh$t about America.

Isn't there a pattern here in Obama's approach to world problems," America is to blame!"
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 11:23:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 9:55:08 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political.:
Y Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to. : Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. :
Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
________________________________________
You posted ": Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. Regardless of who instigated the war, and even if it was justified to end the war, it was still a HORRIBLE loss of human life.
America, although attacked and innocent American lives were loss has given massive aid to Japan since World war 11.."
the "decision to use the atomic bomb.... was made because it was figured that it would.... save American lives which would otherwise have been lost in a two D-Day-style land invasions of the main islands
of the Japanese homeland." ("Operation Downfall " )
And "....Field Marshall Hisaichi Terauchi had ordered that all 100,000 Allied prisoners of war be executed if the Americans invaded..."..."the main islands of the Japanese homeland."
America gave the Japanese the chance to avoid having a second atom bomb dropped on them if they didn't surrender,"Primary Resources: Leaflets warning Japanese of Atomic Bomb, 1945"
"Leaflets dropped on cities in Japan warning civilians about the atomic bomb, dropped c. August 6, 1945
"TO THE JAPANESE PEOPLE:"
America asks that you take immediate heed of what we say on this leaflet.
"We are in possession of the most destructive explosive ever devised by man. A single one of our newly developed atomic bombs is actually the equivalent in explosive power to what 2000 of our giant B-29s can carry on a single mission. This awful fact is one for you to ponder and we solemnly assure you it is grimly accurate.
We have just begun to use this weapon against your homeland. If you still have any doubt, make inquiry as to what happened to Hiroshima when just one atomic bomb fell on that city.
"Before using this bomb to destroy every resource of the military by which they are prolonging this useless war, we ask that you now petition the Emperor to end the war. Our president has outlined for you the thirteen consequences of an honorable surrender. We urge that you accept these consequences and begin the work of building a new, better and peace-loving Japan. "
Since you have expressed your concern about the innocent Japanese lives loss what about the innocent lives loss when the Japanese attacked "Pearl Harbor," what about the lives loss of American allies and innocent civilians and American military men and women who didn't do anything to provoke Japan into attacking first.
In your estimation , are some innocent lives more valueable than others.
If a nation attacks another nation, or nations, there are consequences for such actions and unfortunately Civilians sometimes suffer along with those leaders of a nation which instigated those attacks.
https://quizlet.com......

It never fails that when something happens that involves Obama the leftist supporters of Obama whip out the " old Race Card ," its getting a little thread bare from usage but its expected, same old saw.

Your argument is neither relevant, nor cohesive.
Instead, you jumble up a bunch or facts and try to copy and paste them into some order, citing quizlet!

a. I did NOT put into question the justification of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I did not minimalize the deaths of Americans. I simply called for people to stop with the political bias and also remember and honor those who were innocent civilians killed in the blast, who had nothing to do with the war and were suffering from their leaders as well. It was still a horrific event, no matter which way you put it, and Obama was right to visit to honor it.

b. Just like I said, you're bringing in your petty little bias and claiming the "race card". When was that ever used in my post? Never! I'm not even a Obama supporter,or a leftist, and nothing in my threads have suggested I am. Why don't you look at my profile and do a little more research before you make these baseless claims?

You can't even type a proper argument or even use an actual source. If we were looking at the issues here, it would be your posting.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 11:27:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 10:31:30 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Whatever, the policy of "AMERICA SECOND" will be a footnote in the Trump revised history books. Nothing to worry about.

Well, maybe the RINO CUCKS have something to worry about.....
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:28:17 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 11:23:58 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/28/2016 9:55:08 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political.:
Y Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to. : Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. :
Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
________________________________________

You posted "Your argument is neither relevant, nor cohesive. Lookingattheissues response..."Thank you for the compliment, " I must try harder though to not over tax any ones ability to comprehend what is presented.
You posted," : Instead, you jumble up a bunch or facts and try to copy and paste them into some order, citing quizlet</ins
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
John Adams
You posted,"..... innocent civilians killed in the blast, who had nothing to do with the war...."
This is like saying that those who voted for Obama had nothing to do with what he has done to destroy this country.
You posted,"You can't even type a proper argument or even use an actual source. If we were looking at the issues here, it would be your posting.
If your not a leftist, you sure are making use of leftist tactics, " If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck"
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:32:17 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 6:14:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
It's Memorial Day weekend, and he visits a memorial in another country that is dedicated to the lives lost after we bombed their cities to shreds. It's mildly disrespectful to our own troops and doesn't show a hint of patriotism.

He should not apologize for what happened. It's war, after all, and they were the aggressors.

I couldn't agree with you more ,good response, this was just another opportunity for Obama to show his disrespect for America and its people, to show his utter disregard for Americans who were killed in World war 11
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:33:06 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 1:28:17 AM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 11:23:58 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/28/2016 9:55:08 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political.:
Y Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to. : Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. :
Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
________________________________________

You posted "Your argument is neither relevant, nor cohesive. Lookingattheissues response..."Thank you for the compliment, " I must try harder though to not over tax any ones ability to comprehend what is presented.
You posted," : Instead, you jumble up a bunch or facts and try to copy and paste them into some order, citing quizlet</ins
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
John Adams
You posted,"..... innocent civilians killed in the blast, who had nothing to do with the war...."
This is like saying that those who voted for Obama had nothing to do with what he has done to destroy this country.
You posted,"You can't even type a proper argument or even use an actual source. If we were looking at the issues here, it would be your posting.
If your not a leftist, you sure are making use of leftist tactics, " If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck"

Learn to format please.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:41:12 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 1:31:30 AM, Wylted wrote:
Sorry about that bomb Japan, we should have let that whole Pearl Harbor thing slide..

What, let a simple bombing,sinking of our naval military ships, the deaths of Americans cause a misunderstanding between friends.
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 8:48:46 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
https://en.wikipedia.org...
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 11:34:54 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I saw this in the news too. While he may have good diplomatic reasons for saying that, it's still disgusting and unjustified. If he were a Chinese official, he'd be beaten up by an angry mob by now.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 11:38:26 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:48:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org...

?
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 11:39:03 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 11:34:54 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
I saw this in the news too. While he may have good diplomatic reasons for saying that, it's still disgusting. If he were a Chinese official, he'd be beaten up by an angry mob by now.

Deleted that after noticing the contradiction in my original post
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 11:49:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 11:38:26 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:48:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org...

?

The OP repeated "Barack H. Obama" in nearly every sentence.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 11:59:12 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 11:49:59 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/29/2016 11:38:26 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:48:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org...

?

The OP repeated "Barack H. Obama" in nearly every sentence.

Haha, I see.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 12:24:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
tejretics wrote: The OP repeated "Barack H. Obama" in nearly every sentence.
Isn't it funny how names keep running through a persons mind , like a bad dream or like a name in the musical " West Side Story" "...I've just met a girl named Maria, And suddenly that name ... Maria! I've just kissed a girl named Maria, And suddenly I've found How wonderful a sound Can be!
The most beautiful sound I ever heard:
Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria
Obama has the power to make some happy , like the quote says," Everybody has the power to make some body happy, some by coming, some by leaving..."
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 12:35:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/28/2016 5:40:17 PM, ken1122 wrote:
At 5/28/2016 5:01:56 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
Barack Obama representing the United States dishonored the nation and its people by his words and insinuations while visiting Japan. President Obama acting in his position as president of the United States by his words and actions left the impression that it was the United States that without provocation attacked Japan.
Barack H, Obama inferred in his speech while in Japan that America's use of the Nuclear bomb was a shameful and dastardly deed and something that should weigh on the conscience of this country.
Barack H. Obama may have willfully forgotton what happened on December 8Th. 1941 but Americans remembers quite will what happened on that date. President
"Franklin D. Roosevelt spoke to the nation at 12:30 p.m. on December 8, 1941, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stood before Congress and gave what is now known as his "Day of Infamy" or "Pearl Harbor" speech." "....Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan...." America didn't attack Japan, Japan attacked America first.
Barack Obama would do well to refrain from casting aspersions on America and to heed the words of wisdom from Winston Churchill who said, "Do not criticize your country when out of the country...."

Where did you get this information? Do you have a link, youtube video, or something that backs up this claim you've made?

Ken
Lookingattheissues'Pearl Harbor Address to the Nation - American Rhetoric

www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/fdrpearlharbor.htm

Full Text and Audio mp3 and video excerpt of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Pearl Harbor Address to the American People
Lookingatissues
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 4:17:43 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 1:33:06 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:28:17 AM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 11:23:58 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/28/2016 9:55:08 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political.:
Y Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to. : Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. :
Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
________________________________________

You posted "Your argument is neither relevant, nor cohesive. Lookingattheissues response..."Thank you for the compliment, " I must try harder though to not over tax any ones ability to comprehend what is presented.
You posted," : Instead, you jumble up a bunch or facts and try to copy and paste them into some order, citing quizlet</ins
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
John Adams
You posted,"..... innocent civilians killed in the blast, who had nothing to do with the war...."
This is like saying that those who voted for Obama had nothing to do with what he has done to destroy this country.
You posted,"You can't even type a proper argument or even use an actual source. If we were looking at the issues here, it would be your posting.
If your not a leftist, you sure are making use of leftist tactics, " If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck"
You instructed," "... Learn to format please...."
Thank you for your critique of my posting "... Learn to format please...."
My objective was to present the facts, I left it up to the readers to assemble those facts in the order of their preference.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 4:52:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 4:17:43 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:33:06 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:28:17 AM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 11:23:58 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/28/2016 9:55:08 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 8:16:53 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
Obama was right in visiting the Hiroshima memorial, and I'm frankly disgusted by anyone who makes this issue political.:
Y Did he apologize? No! Did he honor the sacrifice of so many innocents because of the arrogant and imperialistic monstrous actions and hesitation of the Japanase government? Yes!

Those people sacrificed their lives so at least a million of AMERICAN lives didn't have to. : Some 300,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, were killed in two fiery blasts of atomic bombs. :
Suck up your petty bias against Obama and STOP. He has and is scheduled to honor our fallen troops this Memorial Weekend. Obama may have done many unfortunate things, but this is NOT one of them.
________________________________________

You posted "Your argument is neither relevant, nor cohesive. Lookingattheissues response..."Thank you for the compliment, " I must try harder though to not over tax any ones ability to comprehend what is presented.
You posted," : Instead, you jumble up a bunch or facts and try to copy and paste them into some order, citing quizlet</ins
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
John Adams
You posted,"..... innocent civilians killed in the blast, who had nothing to do with the war...."
This is like saying that those who voted for Obama had nothing to do with what he has done to destroy this country.
You posted,"You can't even type a proper argument or even use an actual source. If we were looking at the issues here, it would be your posting.
If your not a leftist, you sure are making use of leftist tactics, " If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck"
You instructed," "... Learn to format please...."
Thank you for your critique of my posting "... Learn to format please...."
My objective was to present the facts, I left it up to the readers to assemble those facts in the order of their preference.

You should do it in a way that doesn't make it a chore to read.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Khaz
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 5:08:25 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 1:32:17 AM, Lookingatissues wrote:
At 5/28/2016 6:14:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
It's Memorial Day weekend, and he visits a memorial in another country that is dedicated to the lives lost after we bombed their cities to shreds. It's mildly disrespectful to our own troops and doesn't show a hint of patriotism.

He should not apologize for what happened. It's war, after all, and they were the aggressors.

I couldn't agree with you more ,good response, this was just another opportunity for Obama to show his disrespect for America and its people, to show his utter disregard for Americans who were killed in World war 11

He didn't apologize for the bombing. All he did was state the facts.
Fact: Two atomic bombs were dropped on population centers in Japan in 1945.
Fact: Over a hundred thousand likely died immediately, with countless more being affected in the aftermath.
Fact: The dropping of those bombs could have been justified in a couple ways, which I don't think is the issue at hand.
Fact: You can mourn the deaths without holding that the actions taken in 1945 were unjustified. I'm of the opinion that the Second World War was pretty justified, but that doesn't make the deaths any less tragic and worth mourning.

Another fun fact is that he mentioned a dozen American prisoners who died alongside the hundred thousand or so others. Doesn't seem to show much disregard for Americans who died in my opinion, putting them next to numbers that are orders of magnitude higher.

He went to Japan, did you really think he would've said, "Yeah, a bunch of your people died, but you started it and a lot of our people died too," and then leave?
My ego is better than yours