Jump to topic:

If Hillary won the democratic primary 2008

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 12:24:39 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Back in 2008, the democratic party's primary was very intense and close. Despite the fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in the primaries and caucuses, Barack Obama won the party nomination because he had more delegates.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

There are many interesting what if's to be asked if the Democratic Party's primary was actually democratic and decided its nominee by popular vote. Here is what I think:

2008 election: Given the state of the GOP after the Bush presidency, Hillary would easily win the general election and become the first female president of the United States.

2008 - 2012: Given how corrupt she is, her 2008-2012 term would probably end terribly. She would leave this country in a much worse state than anything Barack Obama could do.

2012 election: Very unlikely that Barack Obama would try to run again in this election as being a first term president almost guarantees your nomination in your own party. Not sure how much the GOP would be affected by this. A Romney vs. Clinton election would be too close to call in my opinion. I guess it really depends on how Hillary's presidential term pans out.

2012 - present day: Can't really speculate this far.

Just wondering what you guys think what would have happened if Hillary Clinton won the nomination back in 2008.
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 12:35:57 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 12:24:39 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
Back in 2008, the democratic party's primary was very intense and close. Despite the fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in the primaries and caucuses, Barack Obama won the party nomination because he had more delegates.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

There are many interesting what if's to be asked if the Democratic Party's primary was actually democratic and decided its nominee by popular vote. Here is what I think:

2008 election: Given the state of the GOP after the Bush presidency, Hillary would easily win the general election and become the first female president of the United States.

2008 - 2012: Given how corrupt she is, her 2008-2012 term would probably end terribly. She would leave this country in a much worse state than anything Barack Obama could do.

2012 election: Very unlikely that Barack Obama would try to run again in this election as being a first term president almost guarantees your nomination in your own party. Not sure how much the GOP would be affected by this. A Romney vs. Clinton election would be too close to call in my opinion. I guess it really depends on how Hillary's presidential term pans out.

2012 - present day: Can't really speculate this far.

Just wondering what you guys think what would have happened if Hillary Clinton won the nomination back in 2008.

In 2008 the country was still feeling the burn from her husband's scandal. If she won, as Shillary president we would of had another Watergate style scandal. The Republicans could of presented Howdy Doodly as a candidate in the last election and won as a result. She trending toward the white house in this election, I expect much the same.