Jump to topic:

Why do Conservatives not get violent?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 5:28:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Liberals preach tollerance, yet they are the most violent people in America. I don't see Conservatives taking over rallies. I don't see Conservatives blocking highways. I don't see Conservatives attacking police. Are Liberals becoming the sewage of the Earth?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 5:32:03 PM
At 6/1/2016 5:28:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Liberals preach tollerance, yet they are the most violent people in America. I don't see Conservatives taking over rallies. I don't see Conservatives blocking highways. I don't see Conservatives attacking police. Are Liberals becoming the sewage of the Earth?

Really? Have you seen a Donald Trump rally?
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 5:34:13 PM
At 6/1/2016 5:32:03 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

+1
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 5:38:58 PM

Donald Trump supporters are not going to Sanders or Clinton rallies. Liberals are going to Trump rallies and baiting his supporters. Bigtime difference.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 5:39:35 PM
At 6/1/2016 5:34:13 PM, Emmarie wrote:

+1

+1

Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 5:56:55 PM

Modern Democrats/Liberals are the sewage of the Earth.

Protests by Liberals typically consist of violence, from blocking traffic to rioting and murder. Even their relatively peaceful protests consist of intimidation and ends with piles of trash.

When Liberals were protesting against Chick fil A for supporting certain charities, many protesters would go to the restaurant during busy periods and wait in the car line or the line inside and just order free water. Their intent was to degrade service. The more extremist protesters would vandalize Chick fil A restaurants.

If Conservatives acted anything like Liberals, men would occupying woman's rooms at Target. "Do you really want to allow men in the woman's room? Say 'no' and we'll leave."
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:03:49 PM

You mean like the attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords? The 2015 Charleston shootings? Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shootings? The occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in 2015? The Wisconsin Sikh temple in 2012

Or how about the fact that surveys of Law enforcement official cite right wing domestic terrorism as the single biggest threat to their communites? Moreso than Islamic Terrorism?

How about the guy who attempted to take over Forsyth County Courthouse in 2014? Or the Bundy stand-off in 2014? Shootings of police officers in Las Vegas, and Pennsylvania by the same sort of conservative anti-government extremists?
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:26:47 PM
At 6/1/2016 6:03:49 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

You mean like the attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords? The 2015 Charleston shootings? Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shootings? The occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in 2015? The Wisconsin Sikh temple in 2012

Or how about the fact that surveys of Law enforcement official cite right wing domestic terrorism as the single biggest threat to their communites? Moreso than Islamic Terrorism?

How about the guy who attempted to take over Forsyth County Courthouse in 2014? Or the Bundy stand-off in 2014? Shootings of police officers in Las Vegas, and Pennsylvania by the same sort of conservative anti-government extremists?
There may be a few examples of individual conservatives acting up, but it doesn"t seem to compare to what liberals have and do. When you look at organizations BLM or some of the SJW organizations, it seems conservatives don"t have anything like that

Ken
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:43:58 PM

Prove those were Trump supporters.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:44:47 PM
At 6/1/2016 6:26:47 PM, ken1122 wrote:

There may be a few examples of individual conservatives acting up, but it doesn"t seem to compare to what liberals have and do. When you look at organizations BLM or some of the SJW organizations, it seems conservatives don"t have anything like that

Ken

+1

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:44:53 PM

Ken

Of course, when you dismiss anything that isn't your position, and only view things you agree with as valid; you can create whatever crazy narrative you want.

The Original post; is not just nut job lunacy, but completely wrong.

Liberal SJW's, or whatever you wish to call them disrupt and protest; people at trump rallies are often violent; with innumerable examples of both sides erupting into violence.

These are not terrorist organizations, or murdering zealots; whereas the organizations and individuals I have mentioned are.

To pin the blame exclusively on one side is just simply idiocy.

I am not saying that conservatives are violent, and people are not; but it seems a great number of idiots; more but not exclusively from the right wing are either too scared, or too stupid to understand that reality is complex and nuanced and just because it doesn't produce the clear cut answer or narrative they wish it did, does not mean they can manufacture it as they see fit by dismissing the complexity and competing facts, and focusing solely on whatever they can spin in their favor, as Bronoraptor does whenever he posts.
bhakun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:54:15 PM
Violence isn't always bad.

The civil rights movement of the '60s?

Labor strikes in the Industrialized Age?

What about the American Revolution!

Direct action is by far the most effective way to create political change.

And stop generalizing anyone on the left as a liberal. Liberals criticize Black Lives Matter all the time, and I would hardly consider BLM to be liberals.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:54:47 PM

+1

How do BLM people going there and inciting riots make conservatives violent?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:58:52 PM
At 6/1/2016 6:43:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Bro.

You know what you're saying is a lie. You know what violence is, and what it isn't. And I know that you know that passive non-violent disruption whilst annoying, impolite and potentially counterproductive; it isn't by any means violent.

We both know, that the violent part (you know, the key part of your argument in this post), is related to bodily harm, threats therein, and associated use of force or destruction of people or property.

We also both know that protesters do get violent. No different now than it was 200 years ago; except mainly the police don't use violence back.

We also know that trump supporters get incredibly violent too and in many cases are responsible for, incite, or otherwise begin any escalation that occurs.

We also know that the police in surveys have cited conservative terrorism as the biggest threat to their communities; and that a number of police have been actively targeted and shot dead by conservatives due specifically to motivations surrounding their particular conservative ideology.

So, if this is conservatism vs liberalism, as you've cited it; listen to the police; conservative groups are more violent.

The reality is, essentially, that the SJW, other liberal groups are pretty pissed off, and can be highly disruptive in their protests; some of their protests have deteriorated into violence, although in all likelihood because of escalation on both sides by a few individuals rather than it being the tactical or strategic goal of the groups in question.

You obviously can't deal with that, because the reality of the situation doesn't fit into what you want to believe; so you ignore all of that, and focus only on the liberal part, ignoring the nuance and the detail that actually explains what reality is; and ignore or excuse any violence on your side:

A protester disrupts a trump rally and gets punched in the face: It's the protesters fault. The protester is outside protesting, but not specifically disrupting the rally itself; and gets punched by a passing trump supporter; it's the protesters fault too. Indeed, it seems that if someone is anti-trump, or a SJW and gets punched, it's the protesters fault, if the protester punches someone, it's their fault too no matter what the provocation was or wasn't.

Your problem here, is not your disastrous inability to grasp reality, but that you don't seem to really care what reality is; you're so determined to be right because a world where normal, smart people disagree with you, or a world were there aren't really any "right" answers or answers without complexity scares you so much that it must be rejected.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 6:58:53 PM

You without a doubt the dumbest person to ever post in the politics forum. Congrats
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:12:22 PM
At 6/1/2016 6:58:52 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
Your problem here, is not your disastrous inability to grasp reality, but that you don't seem to really care what reality is; you're so determined to be right because a world where normal, smart people disagree with you, or a world were there aren't really any "right" answers or answers without complexity scares you so much that it must be rejected.

I saw on Fox News "live coverage" of a Trump event, a black anti-Trump protester punched a white person. The Fox News host saw it, and briefly commented on it. But, I never heard about it again.

If it were a white Trump supporter who punched a black protester, it would be big news.... as history has already proven.

Indeed, when someone on the right does anything violent, it is news, very hyped news. When someone on the left does something violent, it's not really news, and it's generally ignored.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:10:03 PM
At 6/1/2016 6:54:47 PM, Wylted wrote:

+1

search results on google
https://www.google.com...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:13:49 PM
At 6/1/2016 5:38:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Donald Trump supporters are not going to Sanders or Clinton rallies. Liberals are going to Trump rallies and baiting his supporters. Bigtime difference.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:15:11 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:10:03 PM, Emmarie wrote:

+1

search results on google

I have a slow connection and think I saw that video before. It was an isolated incident, but BLM acting as a disruption to his events and inciting violence is pretty common. It is more common for them to come and attack people such as Rosalie, than visa versa. As soon as you stand in line, they are feet away from you in your face xalling you racist, spitting at you, throwing stuff at you. Even when they aren't the firat to attack the obvious reaction you'll get from spitting in people's faces, calling them nasty names is some push back, which is the intent. They go to rallies, get violent and then paint people who have brought their children their to get a glimpse of the next Abraham Lincoln as evil.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:15:55 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:13:49 PM, Emmarie wrote:

Isolated events vs habitual events in mass

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:18:54 PM

Bro.

You know what you're saying is a lie. You know what violence is, and what it isn't. And I know that you know that passive non-violent disruption whilst annoying, impolite and potentially counterproductive; it isn't by any means violent.

We both know, that the violent part (you know, the key part of your argument in this post), is related to bodily harm, threats therein, and associated use of force or destruction of people or property.

We also both know that protesters do get violent. No different now than it was 200 years ago; except mainly the police don't use violence back.

We also know that trump supporters get incredibly violent too and in many cases are responsible for, incite, or otherwise begin any escalation that occurs.

We also know that the police in surveys have cited conservative terrorism as the biggest threat to their communities; and that a number of police have been actively targeted and shot dead by conservatives due specifically to motivations surrounding their particular conservative ideology.

So, if this is conservatism vs liberalism, as you've cited it; listen to the police; conservative groups are more violent.

The reality is, essentially, that the SJW, other liberal groups are pretty pissed off, and can be highly disruptive in their protests; some of their protests have deteriorated into violence, although in all likelihood because of escalation on both sides by a few individuals rather than it being the tactical or strategic goal of the groups in question.

You obviously can't deal with that, because the reality of the situation doesn't fit into what you want to believe; so you ignore all of that, and focus only on the liberal part, ignoring the nuance and the detail that actually explains what reality is; and ignore or excuse any violence on your side:

A protester disrupts a trump rally and gets punched in the face: It's the protesters fault. The protester is outside protesting, but not specifically disrupting the rally itself; and gets punched by a passing trump supporter; it's the protesters fault too. Indeed, it seems that if someone is anti-trump, or a SJW and gets punched, it's the protesters fault, if the protester punches someone, it's their fault too no matter what the provocation was or wasn't.

Asking a question or showing a point is not ltinv. Stating a nonfact as if true is a lie.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:20:38 PM

Bro.

At their own rallies. Rallies that Liberals have no business at.

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:28:03 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:15:11 PM, Wylted wrote:

+1

search results on google

I have a slow connection and think I saw that video before. It was an isolated incident, but BLM acting as a disruption to his events and inciting violence is pretty common. It is more common for them to come and attack people such as Rosalie, than visa versa. As soon as you stand in line, they are feet away from you in your face xalling you racist, spitting at you, throwing stuff at you. Even when they aren't the firat to attack the obvious reaction you'll get from spitting in people's faces, calling them nasty names is some push back, which is the intent. They go to rallies, get violent and then paint people who have brought their children their to get a glimpse of the next Abraham Lincoln as evil.
click the google link: https://www.google.com...
no comment about Rosalie other than I bet there is more to that story?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:29:19 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:15:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

that's how you see it, but in reality both sides incite violence
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:32:33 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:29:19 PM, Emmarie wrote:

Apples vs oranges. 1,000 violent examples vs 1 violent example is intellectually dishonest. If one team hs 110 points and the other 1 point, to accuse the other of scoring too much is illogical.

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:34:56 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:32:33 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Apples vs oranges. 1,000 violent examples vs 1 violent example is intellectually dishonest. If one team hs 110 points and the other 1 point, to accuse the other of scoring too much is illogical.

click the links or I won't respond
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 9:13:29 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:28:03 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/1/2016 8:15:11 PM, Wylted wrote:

+1

search results on google

click the google link: https://www.google.com...
no comment about Rosalie other than I bet there is more to that story?

Why don't you go to the next Trump rally to see how the angry mob surrounding it treats you? I think you know who the main aggressors are and are just playing stupid.

You don't have to support the blind rage of these crowds just because you are black. Have a mind of your own.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 9:28:24 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:34:56 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/1/2016 8:32:33 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

click the links or I won't respond

Mission accomplished

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 10:39:07 PM

It's not the average liberal that is violent and quite frankly, fascist, it's the progressives , or ultra liberals. They are racist bigots in disguise. They use minority people as their stick to beat anyone who disagrees with them. They call everyone racist because they can't logically debate their issues and have a need to shut their opponent up so there's less chance of their sickness being exposed. If that doesn't work, violence ensues. But you are absolutely right. In the province of Ontario, when a conservative government was elected and held power for 12 years by the way, the lefties rioted in front of the Legislature right after the election, calling the Conservatives every foul name in the book and fighting the police while actually trying to break in the front doors to get at a new democratically elected government. When the Socialists were in power for 4 years previously, and had nearly destroyed the fiscal soundness of Ontario, regular conservative taxpayers had a peaceful demonstration. The left almost always resorts to violence because their points of view almost always lack common sense.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 12:06:02 AM
At 6/1/2016 6:44:53 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Ken

Of course, when you dismiss anything that isn't your position, and only view things you agree with as valid; you can create whatever crazy narrative you want.

I am not dismissing anything I am pointing out the public disruption from the right cannot be compared to the public disruption from the left.

The Original post; is not just nut job lunacy, but completely wrong.

The original post speaks of
*People taking over rallies
*People blocking highways
*People attacking the police.

If this is nut job lunacy, please provide examples of crowds of conservatives doing these things. As a matter of fact, for every example of conservative mobs doing these things, I will list 5 examples of liberal mobs doing these things.

Liberal SJW's, or whatever you wish to call them disrupt and protest; people at trump rallies are often violent; with innumerable examples of both sides erupting into violence.

People at Trump rallies only became violent when provoked. The only time they caused harm was when protesters came in to disrupt things. What do you think would happen if a few conservatives came to a BLM rally causing disruption? BLM and SJW activists cause trouble unprovoked; there is no comparing them to those at a Trump rally

These are not terrorist organizations, or murdering zealots; whereas the organizations and individuals I have mentioned are.

There are terrorist organizations and murdering zealots on both sides of the spectrum; (an argument can be made that the new black panther party is a terrorist organization) I"m not talking about a few examples of a guy with a gun shooting at people, or causing trouble, I"m talking about mobs of people who organize to shut down events, disrupt rallies, shut down freeways during rush hour, hundreds of people doing this all over the country over a liberal cause.

To pin the blame exclusively on one side is just simply idiocy.

The blame I"m talking about sits only on one side. If you disagree, give examples of mobs of people doing these things over a conservative cause.

Ken