Jump to topic:

Why feminists should reject Trump

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 10:00:17 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Donald Trump is a very successful businessman and I respect his achievements and his intelligence. In some policy areas I actually agree with him, he is more moderate than people think. However as a feminist I reject Trump as I believe he considers women as second class citizens.

In May 2013 Donald Trump said this on twitter;

"26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?"

Trump seems to think sexual assault is inevitable when men and women are mixed together and his solution is segregation rather than dealing with the problem.

Trump wants to take away women's reproductive rights by outlawing abortion. This is a step back in time and a case of unfairly enforcing Christian beliefs on a secular society.

Trump retweeted this comment on Twitter: "If Hillary Clinton can"t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?

That is an absolutely disgusting comment for anyone to associate themselves with. This type of personal attack is completely unacceptable and is blatantly sexist. Does Trump not see the hypocrisy when you consider he has been married three times? Obviously the first two weren't satisfied!

Trump made derogatory sexist remarks about the journalist/ tv presenter Megyn Kelly.

http://edition.cnn.com...

On Twitter;

"@timjcam: @megynkelly @FrankLuntz @realDonaldTrump Fox viewers give low marks to bimbo @MegynKelly will consider other programs!"

Obviously Trump tries to pass off these incidents as just not being politically correct. However in my opinion it's just an excuse to justify expressing his sexist views. In business he can get away with openly sexist views but in the general election he will find out 50% of the electorate are women and it's not possible to be elected president of the USA in the 21st century holding the views on women he does.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 10:38:37 PM
"If Hillary Clinton can"t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?

That is an absolutely disgusting comment for anyone to associate themselves with. This type of personal attack is completely unacceptable and is blatantly sexist. Does Trump not see the hypocrisy when you consider he has been married three times? Obviously the first two weren't satisfied!

How exactly is that anti feminist?

Is getting cheated on by male spouses a feminist position?
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:09:45 PM
At 6/2/2016 10:48:04 PM, Romanii wrote:
lol you don't know what "sexist" means.

Definition of sexism;

Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of gender.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:21:18 PM
At 6/2/2016 10:00:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Donald Trump is a very successful businessman and I respect his achievements and his intelligence. In some policy areas I actually agree with him, he is more moderate than people think. However as a feminist I reject Trump as I believe he considers women as second class citizens.

"26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?"

Trump seems to think sexual assault is inevitable when men and women are mixed together and his solution is segregation rather than dealing with the problem.

Trump wants to take away women's reproductive rights by outlawing abortion. This is a step back in time and a case of unfairly enforcing Christian beliefs on a secular society.

Trump retweeted this comment on Twitter: "If Hillary Clinton can"t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?

Trump made derogatory sexist remarks about the journalist/ tv presenter Megyn Kelly.

On Twitter;

"@timjcam: @megynkelly @FrankLuntz @realDonaldTrump Fox viewers give low marks to bimbo @MegynKelly will consider other programs!"

Obviously Trump tries to pass off these incidents as just not being politically correct. However in my opinion it's just an excuse to justify expressing his sexist views. In business he can get away with openly sexist views but in the general election he will find out 50% of the electorate are women and it's not possible to be elected president of the USA in the 21st century holding the views on women he does.

You don't even have to be a feminist to reject this man. Any man or woman with a 1/2 a brain would reject this joker. The females that support him have turned a blind eye to his misogyny.

https://www.youtube.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:30:12 PM
At 6/2/2016 11:21:18 PM, Peepette wrote:

You don't even have to be a feminist to reject this man. Any man or woman with a 1/2 a brain would reject this joker. The females that support him have turned a blind eye to his misogyny.

You don't have to be a feminist to hate Clinton for his mosogyny either. this is just not a good election year for women. You have Shillary Clinton the great misogynist enabler, and then you also have Trump, who is an equal opportunity insult artist. Women just can't get a break.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:32:20 PM

On Twitter;

"Feminism is cancer." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Also, I believe you are on the wrong site ... Tumblr is waiting. :-)
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:39:44 PM
Agreed.

The term "sexism" (and "racism", too) have been highly distorted over the past few years, to the point that the words have become practically a joke . . .

And don't forget "homophobia" and "transphobia"! Apparently if you happen to believe that men don't belong in the women's restroom, then you are a homophobic, transphobic bigot.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:52:39 PM
At 6/2/2016 11:09:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Definition of sexism;

Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of gender.

Good job! So you do know what it means. Your real deficiency is merely not knowing how to apply the term.
Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 12:02:54 AM
At 6/2/2016 11:39:44 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Agreed.

The term "sexism" (and "racism", too) have been highly distorted over the past few years, to the point that the words have become practically a joke . . .

And don't forget "homophobia" and "transphobia"! Apparently if you happen to believe that men don't belong in the women's restroom, then you are a homophobic, transphobic bigot.

Only sexist homosexual misogynists would say that.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 12:17:51 AM
At 6/2/2016 11:30:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

You don't have to be a feminist to hate Clinton for his mosogyny either. this is just not a good election year for women. You have Shillary Clinton the great misogynist enabler, and then you also have Trump, who is an equal opportunity insult artist. Women just can't get a break.

You hit the nail on the head.
bhakun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:01:06 AM
Agreed.

Honestly, I still cannot tell if this NewLifeChristian account is real or just an excellent troll.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:59:42 AM
At 6/2/2016 10:38:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
"If Hillary Clinton can"t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?

It's meant as sarcasm. Lighten up. People need to stop feeling offended about everything. Your taking offense is far more egregious than the statement about that horrible woman.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:07:56 AM

On Twitter;

She says while being attracted to dominate men who know how to lead according to herself. She embraces masculinity in sexuality situations but rejects it in ideological precept. So which is it?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 3:24:05 PM
At 6/3/2016 2:59:42 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

It's meant as sarcasm. Lighten up. People need to stop feeling offended about everything. Your taking offense is far more egregious than the statement about that horrible woman.

It is not so much offense as it highlights a man who knows nothing about the situation passing judgement upon a woman like it was her fault. It reveals much about a person's character when he fights back with low blows. What does her personal relationship with her husband have to do with anything?

Trump, rightly, condems personal attacks against his wife's racy photos, yet he makes personal attacks against others. In this case one that insinuates a man's cheating was the fault of the wife's lack of sexually pleasing his man. It is not hard to see why some would be offended when it is based upon stereotypes, speculation, and a general desire to wound a person.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:11:13 PM

On Twitter;

While I don't agree with you that these are examples of sexist behaviors, if you hold Hillary Clinton to the same standard and her past statements towards women then we are at a stalemate. So why do you support Clinton? Or what substantive reasoning are you choosing her instead of him since you respect his business acumen and agree with him on some policies. Is it because she's a woman? What would that be called?
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:51:00 PM
At 6/3/2016 2:01:06 AM, bhakun wrote:
Agreed.

Honestly, I still cannot tell if this NewLifeChristian account is real or just an excellent troll.
This really isn't worth responding too, but if you think I'm a troll, then you need a reality check. I'm just using common sense. Men don't belong in women's restrooms, period.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:19:37 PM
At 6/3/2016 4:51:00 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Agreed.

This really isn't worth responding too, but if you think I'm a troll, then you need a reality check. I'm just using common sense. Men don't belong in women's restrooms, period.

I'm proud that you said that. Good is being called evil and evil is being called good. Stand to the end.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:16:06 PM

On Twitter;

Agree there are other reasons to reject Trump other than his misogyny.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:20:10 PM

Because it's a derogatory statement implying that the main purpose of women in life is to satisfy their husband's and if for whatever reason their husband cheats on them it's their fault for not satisfying him. The statement also claims a woman who is cheated on by her husband is therefore somehow unfit to be president of the USA. It's an extremely sexist statement that is certainly anti feminism.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:22:20 PM
At 6/2/2016 11:32:20 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

On Twitter;

"Feminism is cancer." - Milo Yiannopoulos

"Misogyny is cancer." - Me.

Also, I believe you are on the wrong site ... Tumblr is waiting. :-)

What are you on about?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:25:47 PM
At 6/2/2016 11:52:39 PM, Romanii wrote:

Definition of sexism;

Good job! So you do know what it means. Your real deficiency is merely not knowing how to apply the term.

I'm applying the term to Donald Trump because he has demonstrated prejudice against women as well as stereotyping and discriminating against them. How is that not reasonable grounds to use the term sexism?

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:31:54 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:20:10 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Because it's a derogatory statement implying that the main purpose of women in life is to satisfy their husband's and if for whatever reason their husband cheats on them it's their fault for not satisfying him. The statement also claims a woman who is cheated on by her husband is therefore somehow unfit to be president of the USA. It's an extremely sexist statement that is certainly anti feminism.

I think the women that take offense is that the feminist position is for a woman to ignore and tolerate a spouse that cheats on them like Hillary has.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:38:48 PM
At 6/3/2016 4:07:56 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

On Twitter;

She says while being attracted to dominate men who know how to lead according to herself. She embraces masculinity in sexuality situations but rejects it in ideological precept. So which is it?

Yet another case of you changing the subject to me and and what type of partners I desire. Why are you even interested?

I've told you before, I desire equal relationships not dominant or submissive ones. Have I made this point clear?

Your statement is just silly. You seem to think feminists should be embarrassed to find men attractive for some reason.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:38:48 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:25:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/2/2016 11:52:39 PM, Romanii wrote:

Definition of sexism;

I'm applying the term to Donald Trump because he has demonstrated prejudice against women as well as stereotyping and discriminating against them. How is that not reasonable grounds to use the term sexism?

Because you have to prove he does it to all women, not just the bad ones.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:45:07 PM
At 6/3/2016 4:11:13 PM, vortex86 wrote:

On Twitter;

While I don't agree with you that these are examples of sexist behaviors, if you hold Hillary Clinton to the same standard and her past statements towards women then we are at a stalemate. So why do you support Clinton? Or what substantive reasoning are you choosing her instead of him since you respect his business acumen and agree with him on some policies. Is it because she's a woman? What would that be called?

I don't support Clinton, I'm just saying it's unfair and sexist for Trump to associate himself with a statement blaming her for her husband's infidelity. How is such a statement not sexism?

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:49:19 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:45:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I don't support Clinton, I'm just saying it's unfair and sexist for Trump to associate himself with a statement blaming her for her husband's infidelity. How is such a statement not sexism?

Because you have to prove he does it to all women, not just the bad ones.

If that was not the case, than any woman can claim sexism at any time for anything that ever happens to them by anyone.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:52:22 PM
At 6/3/2016 4:51:00 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Agreed.

If the person in question is Transexual and attracted to men wouldn't there presence be more of an issue in male restrooms (in terms of risk of sexual assault, perving etc)? Would it not be weird for someone presenting themselves as a woman (lets say they are very convincing) to enter the restroom of a gender they don't identify as or have the outward appearance of?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:55:41 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:31:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/3/2016 7:20:10 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I think the women that take offense is that the feminist position is for a woman to ignore and tolerate a spouse that cheats on them like Hillary has.

That's not a feminist position or my position. Where did you get it from?

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 8:07:12 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:45:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:11:13 PM, vortex86 wrote:

On Twitter;

So who do you support? You called Trump's use of the word Bimbo as sexist yet ignore the use by Hillary. Where is your condemnation of her for her "sexist" remarks?