Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

The Unrealism of Polar Bears

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:29:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:28:58 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:25:25 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Pfffffffffft

ikr????

Fvck those things.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:31:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:29:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:28:58 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:25:25 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Pfffffffffft

ikr????

Fvck those things.

hshshshshshshshshshshs *guess what it stands for . . .*
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Shtookah
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:41:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Guy A: RAH I'm so mad at those stupid commies RAH idiots RAH are they even people?! RAH
Guy B: But Capitalism is just accepted oppression and does nothing but make the rich richer and exploit the working class:O
Guy C: SHUT UP, nobody likes your pinko commi talk. Learn economics!
Guy D: Ugh friggen hate those commi basturrrrds.
Guy E: When will those commi's learn, its the individual that matters.
Guy C: HEY GUY B, GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN COMMUNISM EVER WORKED?!?!?! GAHHHHH!!! YOU IDIOT!
Guy B: *Very long explanation and answer to guy c*
Guy A: Still haven't given us an awnser tsk tsk.
Guy D: GUY B IS A COWARD DURR HURR, IN OUR DEBATES HE NEVER GIVES FACTS.
Guy B: *Listed fact as demanded*
Guy D: Like I said, never uses facts!
Lady A: Hey Guy B, what do you even believe in? (What a fair and polite question...Obviously he MUST explain his views on things sense apparently there so brain washed..)
Guy B: *Lists 3 separate paragraphs of beliefs revolving communism*
Guy F: Guy B, your stupid.
Guy B: Elaborates beliefs.
Guy F: Your still stupid.

Folks this cycle goes on for posts after posts after posts...

You have just witnessed a summary of the forum titled "The Unrealism of Communism"...
You are reading a very cool and original signature that makes you think I am chill person to hang with.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:46:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Shtookah, it's a shame that you're summaries are so brash. There's actually a considerable amount of discussion in that thread. We've discussed how legitimate different historical societies reflect "pure communism," especially the Pilgrims.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:47:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:46:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
Shtookah, it's a shame that you're summaries are so brash. There's actually a considerable amount of discussion in that thread. We've discussed how legitimate different historical societies reflect "pure communism," especially the Pilgrims.

The Pilgrims...my god. They killed the Communists that were there.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:58:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:47:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:46:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
Shtookah, it's a shame that you're summaries are so brash. There's actually a considerable amount of discussion in that thread. We've discussed how legitimate different historical societies reflect "pure communism," especially the Pilgrims.

The Pilgrims...my god. They killed the Communists that were there.

1. That's irrelevant to whether or not they almost died because they were Communist.

2. The Natives weren't all communist, and definitely weren't all peaceful, and definitely didn't all die.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:00:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:58:11 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:47:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:46:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
Shtookah, it's a shame that you're summaries are so brash. There's actually a considerable amount of discussion in that thread. We've discussed how legitimate different historical societies reflect "pure communism," especially the Pilgrims.

The Pilgrims...my god. They killed the Communists that were there.

1. That's irrelevant to whether or not they almost died because they were Communist.

They were far from Communistic.

2. The Natives weren't all communist, and definitely weren't all peaceful, and definitely didn't all die.

Hitler didn't kill all the Jews, so that's irrelevant!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:03:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 9:00:55 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:58:11 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:47:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:46:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
Shtookah, it's a shame that you're summaries are so brash. There's actually a considerable amount of discussion in that thread. We've discussed how legitimate different historical societies reflect "pure communism," especially the Pilgrims.

The Pilgrims...my god. They killed the Communists that were there.

1. That's irrelevant to whether or not they almost died because they were Communist.

They were far from Communistic.

Go to the Communism page if you want to argue about this. Post an explanation.

2. The Natives weren't all communist, and definitely weren't all peaceful, and definitely didn't all die.

Hitler didn't kill all the Jews, so that's irrelevant!

I never said Point 2 made anything irrelevant, so strawman.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:06:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 9:03:47 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/12/2010 9:00:55 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:58:11 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:47:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:46:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
Shtookah, it's a shame that you're summaries are so brash. There's actually a considerable amount of discussion in that thread. We've discussed how legitimate different historical societies reflect "pure communism," especially the Pilgrims.

The Pilgrims...my god. They killed the Communists that were there.

1. That's irrelevant to whether or not they almost died because they were Communist.

They were far from Communistic.

Go to the Communism page if you want to argue about this. Post an explanation.

2. The Natives weren't all communist, and definitely weren't all peaceful, and definitely didn't all die.

Hitler didn't kill all the Jews, so that's irrelevant!

I never said Point 2 made anything irrelevant, so strawman.

1. I know, I was making a funny.

2. I, too, like making statements that get absolutely no point across.

3. My legs are very hairy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 11:40:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:41:14 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Guy A: RAH I'm so mad at those stupid commies RAH idiots RAH are they even people?! RAH
Guy B: But Capitalism is just accepted oppression and does nothing but make the rich richer and exploit the working class:O
Guy C: SHUT UP, nobody likes your pinko commi talk. Learn economics!
Guy D: Ugh friggen hate those commi basturrrrds.
Guy E: When will those commi's learn, its the individual that matters.
Guy C: HEY GUY B, GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN COMMUNISM EVER WORKED?!?!?! GAHHHHH!!! YOU IDIOT!
Guy B: *Very long explanation and answer to guy c*
Guy A: Still haven't given us an awnser tsk tsk.
Guy D: GUY B IS A COWARD DURR HURR, IN OUR DEBATES HE NEVER GIVES FACTS.
Guy B: *Listed fact as demanded*
Guy D: Like I said, never uses facts!
Lady A: Hey Guy B, what do you even believe in? (What a fair and polite question...Obviously he MUST explain his views on things sense apparently there so brain washed..)
Guy B: *Lists 3 separate paragraphs of beliefs revolving communism*
Guy F: Guy B, your stupid.
Guy B: Elaborates beliefs.
Guy F: Your still stupid.

Folks this cycle goes on for posts after posts after posts...

You have just witnessed a summary of the forum titled "The Unrealism of Communism"...

lol, Lady A is clearly theLwerd, Guy B is clearly charleslb, I think I'm supposed to be Guy C and J.Kenyon is supposed by Guy D.

You left out: Guy C challenges guy B to a debate called "Guy B's system of communism is utopian" and guy B slinks off and hides. This is, after all, a debating site...

Shtookah, if you believe my characterization unfair, I'll debate you on "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." I'll be con, obviously.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 4:17:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 11:40:42 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:41:14 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Guy A: RAH I'm so mad at those stupid commies RAH idiots RAH are they even people?! RAH
Guy B: But Capitalism is just accepted oppression and does nothing but make the rich richer and exploit the working class:O
Guy C: SHUT UP, nobody likes your pinko commi talk. Learn economics!
Guy D: Ugh friggen hate those commi basturrrrds.
Guy E: When will those commi's learn, its the individual that matters.
Guy C: HEY GUY B, GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN COMMUNISM EVER WORKED?!?!?! GAHHHHH!!! YOU IDIOT!
Guy B: *Very long explanation and answer to guy c*
Guy A: Still haven't given us an awnser tsk tsk.
Guy D: GUY B IS A COWARD DURR HURR, IN OUR DEBATES HE NEVER GIVES FACTS.
Guy B: *Listed fact as demanded*
Guy D: Like I said, never uses facts!
Lady A: Hey Guy B, what do you even believe in? (What a fair and polite question...Obviously he MUST explain his views on things sense apparently there so brain washed..)
Guy B: *Lists 3 separate paragraphs of beliefs revolving communism*
Guy F: Guy B, your stupid.
Guy B: Elaborates beliefs.
Guy F: Your still stupid.

Folks this cycle goes on for posts after posts after posts...

You have just witnessed a summary of the forum titled "The Unrealism of Communism"...

lol, Lady A is clearly theLwerd, Guy B is clearly charleslb, I think I'm supposed to be Guy C and J.Kenyon is supposed by Guy D.

You left out: Guy C challenges guy B to a debate called "Guy B's system of communism is utopian" and guy B slinks off and hides. This is, after all, a debating site...

Shtookah, if you believe my characterization unfair, I'll debate you on "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." I'll be con, obviously.

Hmmm . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Shtookah
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 1:57:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 11:40:42 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:41:14 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Guy A: RAH I'm so mad at those stupid commies RAH idiots RAH are they even people?! RAH
Guy B: But Capitalism is just accepted oppression and does nothing but make the rich richer and exploit the working class:O
Guy C: SHUT UP, nobody likes your pinko commi talk. Learn economics!
Guy D: Ugh friggen hate those commi basturrrrds.
Guy E: When will those commi's learn, its the individual that matters.
Guy C: HEY GUY B, GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN COMMUNISM EVER WORKED?!?!?! GAHHHHH!!! YOU IDIOT!
Guy B: *Very long explanation and answer to guy c*
Guy A: Still haven't given us an awnser tsk tsk.
Guy D: GUY B IS A COWARD DURR HURR, IN OUR DEBATES HE NEVER GIVES FACTS.
Guy B: *Listed fact as demanded*
Guy D: Like I said, never uses facts!
Lady A: Hey Guy B, what do you even believe in? (What a fair and polite question...Obviously he MUST explain his views on things sense apparently there so brain washed..)
Guy B: *Lists 3 separate paragraphs of beliefs revolving communism*
Guy F: Guy B, your stupid.
Guy B: Elaborates beliefs.
Guy F: Your still stupid.

Folks this cycle goes on for posts after posts after posts...

You have just witnessed a summary of the forum titled "The Unrealism of Communism"...

lol, Lady A is clearly theLwerd, Guy B is clearly charleslb, I think I'm supposed to be Guy C and J.Kenyon is supposed by Guy D.

You left out: Guy C challenges guy B to a debate called "Guy B's system of communism is utopian" and guy B slinks off and hides. This is, after all, a debating site...

Shtookah, if you believe my characterization unfair, I'll debate you on "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." I'll be con, obviously.

I don't think your "characterization" is necessarily unfair, you have your own views on things and have every right to express them... I just think its flat out obnoxious and comes off to be a bit arrogant. The point is charleslb expressed his opinions thoroughly and rather articulately.. YOU just don't take it that way because your view and mentality on communism is rather close-minded and in fact the opposite. WHICH IS FINE, if you feel you know EVERYTHING there is to know about communism and economics then okay feel free to act as pompous as you would like. Granted yes, the forum was about the UNREALISM of communism, so certainly you should have critical questions for charleslb or any other outspoken communist but you shouldn't black list them.. Especially, when they actually take the time to put up with your bullsh*t haha i'm sorry but seriously!

Look, I myself right here am doing the same thing you did and again I apologize. Just know that when you call someone an idiot, what that exactly implies. As for your debate, I think its not my call whether "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." Why don't you just take it up with him? Seeing how you apparently have a "complete" understanding of economics.
You are reading a very cool and original signature that makes you think I am chill person to hang with.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 3:02:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/13/2010 1:57:46 PM, Shtookah wrote:
At 12/12/2010 11:40:42 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:41:14 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Guy A: RAH I'm so mad at those stupid commies RAH idiots RAH are they even people?! RAH
Guy B: But Capitalism is just accepted oppression and does nothing but make the rich richer and exploit the working class:O
Guy C: SHUT UP, nobody likes your pinko commi talk. Learn economics!
Guy D: Ugh friggen hate those commi basturrrrds.
Guy E: When will those commi's learn, its the individual that matters.
Guy C: HEY GUY B, GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN COMMUNISM EVER WORKED?!?!?! GAHHHHH!!! YOU IDIOT!
Guy B: *Very long explanation and answer to guy c*
Guy A: Still haven't given us an awnser tsk tsk.
Guy D: GUY B IS A COWARD DURR HURR, IN OUR DEBATES HE NEVER GIVES FACTS.
Guy B: *Listed fact as demanded*
Guy D: Like I said, never uses facts!
Lady A: Hey Guy B, what do you even believe in? (What a fair and polite question...Obviously he MUST explain his views on things sense apparently there so brain washed..)
Guy B: *Lists 3 separate paragraphs of beliefs revolving communism*
Guy F: Guy B, your stupid.
Guy B: Elaborates beliefs.
Guy F: Your still stupid.

Folks this cycle goes on for posts after posts after posts...

You have just witnessed a summary of the forum titled "The Unrealism of Communism"...

lol, Lady A is clearly theLwerd, Guy B is clearly charleslb, I think I'm supposed to be Guy C and J.Kenyon is supposed by Guy D.

You left out: Guy C challenges guy B to a debate called "Guy B's system of communism is utopian" and guy B slinks off and hides. This is, after all, a debating site...

Shtookah, if you believe my characterization unfair, I'll debate you on "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." I'll be con, obviously.

I don't think your "characterization" is necessarily unfair, you have your own views on things and have every right to express them... I just think its flat out obnoxious and comes off to be a bit arrogant. The point is charleslb expressed his opinions thoroughly and rather articulately.. YOU just don't take it that way because your view and mentality on communism is rather close-minded and in fact the opposite. WHICH IS FINE, if you feel you know EVERYTHING there is to know about communism and economics then okay feel free to act as pompous as you would like. Granted yes, the forum was about the UNREALISM of communism, so certainly you should have critical questions for charleslb or any other outspoken communist but you shouldn't black list them.. Especially, when they actually take the time to put up with your bullsh*t haha i'm sorry but seriously!

Funny how you criticize us when you completely blow everything we say out of proportion.

In my very first post, I was far from assuming that I knew everything about communism. Two of my paragraphs only listed questions that I wanted communists to answer. This led to a series of posts about charles' communism, and why it wasn't realistic. We ultimately realized that despite the hundred posts on the thread, nobody had a clue what specifications charles was advocating, because he spent most of his time bashing capitalists and capitalism instead of explaining how his system would work.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 10:55:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/13/2010 1:57:46 PM, Shtookah wrote:
At 12/12/2010 11:40:42 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/12/2010 8:41:14 PM, Shtookah wrote:
Guy A: RAH I'm so mad at those stupid commies RAH idiots RAH are they even people?! RAH
Guy B: But Capitalism is just accepted oppression and does nothing but make the rich richer and exploit the working class:O
Guy C: SHUT UP, nobody likes your pinko commi talk. Learn economics!
Guy D: Ugh friggen hate those commi basturrrrds.
Guy E: When will those commi's learn, its the individual that matters.
Guy C: HEY GUY B, GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN COMMUNISM EVER WORKED?!?!?! GAHHHHH!!! YOU IDIOT!
Guy B: *Very long explanation and answer to guy c*
Guy A: Still haven't given us an awnser tsk tsk.
Guy D: GUY B IS A COWARD DURR HURR, IN OUR DEBATES HE NEVER GIVES FACTS.
Guy B: *Listed fact as demanded*
Guy D: Like I said, never uses facts!
Lady A: Hey Guy B, what do you even believe in? (What a fair and polite question...Obviously he MUST explain his views on things sense apparently there so brain washed..)
Guy B: *Lists 3 separate paragraphs of beliefs revolving communism*
Guy F: Guy B, your stupid.
Guy B: Elaborates beliefs.
Guy F: Your still stupid.

Folks this cycle goes on for posts after posts after posts...

You have just witnessed a summary of the forum titled "The Unrealism of Communism"...

lol, Lady A is clearly theLwerd, Guy B is clearly charleslb, I think I'm supposed to be Guy C and J.Kenyon is supposed by Guy D.

You left out: Guy C challenges guy B to a debate called "Guy B's system of communism is utopian" and guy B slinks off and hides. This is, after all, a debating site...

Shtookah, if you believe my characterization unfair, I'll debate you on "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." I'll be con, obviously.

I don't think your "characterization" is necessarily unfair, you have your own views on things and have every right to express them... I just think its flat out obnoxious and comes off to be a bit arrogant. The point is charleslb expressed his opinions thoroughly and rather articulately.. YOU just don't take it that way because your view and mentality on communism is rather close-minded and in fact the opposite. WHICH IS FINE, if you feel you know EVERYTHING there is to know about communism and economics then okay feel free to act as pompous as you would like. Granted yes, the forum was about the UNREALISM of communism, so certainly you should have critical questions for charleslb or any other outspoken communist but you shouldn't black list them.. Especially, when they actually take the time to put up with your bullsh*t haha i'm sorry but seriously!

Look, I myself right here am doing the same thing you did and again I apologize. Just know that when you call someone an idiot, what that exactly implies. As for your debate, I think its not my call whether "charleslb has a complete understanding of economics." Why don't you just take it up with him? Seeing how you apparently have a "complete" understanding of economics.

At least you recognize that...

Your perspective on socialism makes you think that my objections are silly. I called charles an idiot for his repeated refusal to answer the objection that he assumes wealth is a zero sum game. Rather than worded against charles, I'll debate you on this aspect of what I was calling him out for. "Wealth is a zero sum game" - I'll take con.

If you refuse to debate this, you concede that charles is evasive and lacks a complete understanding of economics. It's that simple.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)