Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

June 7th Primaries

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tejretics
Posts: 6,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 3:02:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.

^
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:02:50 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.

Do you think a Sander's sweep will affect the superdelegates?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:03:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 4:02:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.

Do you think a Sander's sweep will affect the superdelegates?

Somewhat
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:11:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 4:03:18 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:02:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.

Do you think a Sander's sweep will affect the superdelegates?

Somewhat

I wonder if it might start the dominoes tumbling.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:21:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Clinton is stupid. She saud she should be the nominee because her supporters are less likely to vote for Trump. That is the opposite of a good winning strategy.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:25:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 4:21:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Clinton is stupid. She saud she should be the nominee because her supporters are less likely to vote for Trump. That is the opposite of a good winning strategy.

Wait, she actually said that? That is essentially saying that if Bernie loses the primary, Trump might win...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:28:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 4:25:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:21:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Clinton is stupid. She saud she should be the nominee because her supporters are less likely to vote for Trump. That is the opposite of a good winning strategy.

Wait, she actually said that? That is essentially saying that if Bernie loses the primary, Trump might win...

Yeah, I'll see if I can find it. I saw it on CNN and thought Nernie supporters would latch onto it, but they are idiots so they didn't. I think she said it during the West Virginia visit
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:35:39 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 4:21:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Clinton is stupid. She saud she should be the nominee because her supporters are less likely to vote for Trump. That is the opposite of a good winning strategy.

http://www.theguardian.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 6:12:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 4:28:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:25:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:21:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Clinton is stupid. She saud she should be the nominee because her supporters are less likely to vote for Trump. That is the opposite of a good winning strategy.

Wait, she actually said that? That is essentially saying that if Bernie loses the primary, Trump might win...

Yeah, I'll see if I can find it. I saw it on CNN and thought Nernie supporters would latch onto it, but they are idiots so they didn't. I think she said it during the West Virginia visit

I don't even recall her saying that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 6:15:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 6:12:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:28:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:25:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/7/2016 4:21:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
Clinton is stupid. She saud she should be the nominee because her supporters are less likely to vote for Trump. That is the opposite of a good winning strategy.

Wait, she actually said that? That is essentially saying that if Bernie loses the primary, Trump might win...

Yeah, I'll see if I can find it. I saw it on CNN and thought Nernie supporters would latch onto it, but they are idiots so they didn't. I think she said it during the West Virginia visit

I don't even recall her saying that.

Maybe I am mistaken. I searched for it but came up empty
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 7:27:38 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 3:02:05 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.

^

^
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:32:57 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Relatively unsurprising so far, aside from South Dakota.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:30:23 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarass Clinton a bit.

the fact that he's still in the race goes above and beyond that
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:31:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:30:23 AM, someloser wrote:
At 6/7/2016 2:43:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hopefully Sanders can embarrass Clinton a bit.

the fact that he's still in the race goes above and beyond that

Indeed. But I do like some amusement.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:32:52 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.

I don't think that would've skewed results at all. Clinton supporters were just as likely as Bernie supports to not come and vote.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:34:15 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:32:52 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.

I don't think that would've skewed results at all. Clinton supporters were just as likely as Bernie supports to not come and vote.

But they were also more likely to participate in early voting.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:36:07 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:34:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:32:52 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.

I don't think that would've skewed results at all. Clinton supporters were just as likely as Bernie supports to not come and vote.

But they were also more likely to participate in early voting.

Sure, but the numbers we are seeing are still significant. NJ was never gonna vote Bernie. Maybe he could've flipped SD, but I doubt he would've really changed the margins too much. Really, you're grasping at small percentages here. This is a statement: people want to move together.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:38:21 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:36:07 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:34:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:32:52 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.

I don't think that would've skewed results at all. Clinton supporters were just as likely as Bernie supports to not come and vote.

But they were also more likely to participate in early voting.

Sure, but the numbers we are seeing are still significant. NJ was never gonna vote Bernie. Maybe he could've flipped SD, but I doubt he would've really changed the margins too much. Really, you're grasping at small percentages here. This is a statement: people want to move together.

Except for the vast numbers of people that don't. You know, the 25% of Democrats that won't support Clinton. That will shrink, but not enough when coupled with whatever sh!t is *bound* to come out about Clinton to win against Trump.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:40:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:38:21 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:36:07 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:34:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:32:52 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.

I don't think that would've skewed results at all. Clinton supporters were just as likely as Bernie supports to not come and vote.

But they were also more likely to participate in early voting.

Sure, but the numbers we are seeing are still significant. NJ was never gonna vote Bernie. Maybe he could've flipped SD, but I doubt he would've really changed the margins too much. Really, you're grasping at small percentages here. This is a statement: people want to move together.

Except for the vast numbers of people that don't.

Vast they may be, but still a minority.

You know, the 25% of Democrats that won't support Clinton. That will shrink, but not enough when coupled with whatever sh!t is *bound* to come out about Clinton to win against Trump.

Eh. I am betting on a Clinton win, thank god. But that isn't a convo I want to have tonight.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:53:24 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:40:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:38:21 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:36:07 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:34:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:32:52 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:31:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

Or they stayed home because they didn't see the point in voting.

I don't think that would've skewed results at all. Clinton supporters were just as likely as Bernie supports to not come and vote.

But they were also more likely to participate in early voting.

Sure, but the numbers we are seeing are still significant. NJ was never gonna vote Bernie. Maybe he could've flipped SD, but I doubt he would've really changed the margins too much. Really, you're grasping at small percentages here. This is a statement: people want to move together.

Except for the vast numbers of people that don't.

Vast they may be, but still a minority.

Sure - but how many of those are in solid red southern states? None. That will spell trouble in swingy states that Sanders actually has support in (in order from most to least effect), like New Hampshire, Colorado, maybe Minnesota and Wisconsin (if Obama makes them look more blue than they actually are), Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Let's also remember that Sanders' supporters have grown since some of those primaries, especially in Nevada.

You know, the 25% of Democrats that won't support Clinton. That will shrink, but not enough when coupled with whatever sh!t is *bound* to come out about Clinton to win against Trump.

Eh. I am betting on a Clinton win, thank god. But that isn't a convo I want to have tonight.

Okay. I literally bet on a Trump win with someone.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:54:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:53:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Eh, I think most will come around. But we can agree to disagree.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:56:45 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

http://www.debate.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:00:48 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:54:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:53:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Eh, I think most will come around. But we can agree to disagree.

I only think about half of his supporters will. The rest will be spread among Trump, Stein, and Johnson. Sanders supporters are not nearly as likely to be loyal to the DNC as Clinton, due to their nature. They're more likely to be independent before this year (which hurt him when a lot of them didn't file for a party in time before primaries), more likely to be younger (younger voters statistically do not support Parties as often as older voters). The point is - a lot of his people voted for the Democratic primary because he was running, not because they wanted to guide "their party" as older party-politic voters do far more often.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:05:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
IDK why people still think Clinton can beat Trump.

she's having an extremely difficult time putting the Independent socialist geriatric away.

but surely she'll magically be able to beat another seemingly nutty but higher-energy populist.

or at least the midwits sure hope so.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
tejretics
Posts: 6,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 10:55:04 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:28:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:27:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:56:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
By close of day June 14th, Bernie should drop out.

He's not going to, and I'm happy about that.

If he doesn't, I will be extremely disappointed in him. Tonight, I am pretty sure the voters sent a message that they want party consolidation.

I admire that Bernie stands to his principles more than "party consolidation."
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass