Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trigger warning: Contraversial. 1

ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:19:28 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
White privilege exists.

Let me get this straight now, for those that disagree.

White privilege does not mean that white people have no problems, that they are handed everything, that they are never poor, or that they have very possible advantage in life, or whatever.

White privilege means that none of the problems that you do have are because of your race. Many Hispanics, African-Americans, and other minorities have problems because of their race--many are judged quickly, discriminated against, looked down upon because of their race. Slavery existed six or seven generations ago, for example, and the effects of that are still felt today. White people, for the most part, do not have these problems.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:46:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

It means that from the majority and even minorities I am less likely to have negative detriment from subconscious bias. That probably has helped me in all facets of life from jobs to not having the police called because I'm loitering out in front of a store.

I don't really buy into some of the more philosophical definitions. Simple fact is everything else equal I'm more likely to get a bigger tip as a server if I am white than black and the even holds true when the patrons are black themselves.

I don't apologize for it, but I am aware of it and I try hard to not let bias based upon race dictate how I respond or judge people.

I will also say I did miss a job opportunity as a young man because I was raised Catholic. Everyone has probably been directly discriminated against in some fashion for some trait irrelevant to the situation. It however does not mean I don't have white privelage.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:47:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:19:28 AM, bhakun wrote:
White privilege exists.

Let me get this straight now, for those that disagree.

White privilege does not mean that white people have no problems, that they are handed everything, that they are never poor, or that they have very possible advantage in life, or whatever.

White privilege means that none of the problems that you do have are because of your race. Many Hispanics, African-Americans, and other minorities have problems because of their race--many are judged quickly, discriminated against, looked down upon because of their race. Slavery existed six or seven generations ago, for example, and the effects of that are still felt today. White people, for the most part, do not have these problems.

You just contradicted your entire argument in a few sentences, and that's why the idea of white privilege is philosophically inconsistent.

If white privilege exists due to the lack of good outlook on the generality of non-white ethnicity, and thus whites are therefore seen as having this privilege, which often is used as an argument to detriment them of their achievements and accomplishments as well as the confiscation of property for social justice measures, then it inherently means that whites also have a problem that is due to their race.

The idea that whites are inherently privileged, even if they've been historically mistreated, such as the Irish immigrants in the 1800s and 1900s, then it must apply to all others, meaning the idea that white privilege exists simply because other races have bad stereotypes and whites don't, then the idea is inane.

For example, Eastern Europeans have been mistreated by not only their dominant government (USSR), but also by the hundreds of years of Islamic and Russia conquest that has plagued and disrupted Eastern European development, both culturally and economically. Thus, the collapse of the USSR was seen as a geo-political disaster for Eastern Europe.

Nonetheless, it's quite evident that people are generally less likely to characterize whites are violent or unintelligent, but this is not without good reason. The rate of crime from minorities is much higher than from white populations per capita, as well as the vast majority of poverty being dominated by the minority population. This in turn is called "racial profiling", which is based off of perceptions of actions and the likelihood of those actions being rather violent or detriment to the general good of the community as perceived by the general populous. It would be perfectly sound, if in a country with high crime rates from one specific population, that the remainder of the population characterized them in a way in which they are seen as criminals. This helps people avoid others who act and look the same as those that they associate with criminality, which is a very good way of providing security for yourself without outwardly harming a human.

In point, there is no reason to believe that white privilege exists when minorities have destroyed their own image.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:55:07 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:47:35 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:19:28 AM, bhakun wrote:
White privilege exists.

Let me get this straight now, for those that disagree.

White privilege does not mean that white people have no problems, that they are handed everything, that they are never poor, or that they have very possible advantage in life, or whatever.

White privilege means that none of the problems that you do have are because of your race. Many Hispanics, African-Americans, and other minorities have problems because of their race--many are judged quickly, discriminated against, looked down upon because of their race. Slavery existed six or seven generations ago, for example, and the effects of that are still felt today. White people, for the most part, do not have these problems.

You just contradicted your entire argument in a few sentences, and that's why the idea of white privilege is philosophically inconsistent.

If white privilege exists due to the lack of good outlook on the generality of non-white ethnicity, and thus whites are therefore seen as having this privilege, which often is used as an argument to detriment them of their achievements and accomplishments as well as the confiscation of property for social justice measures, then it inherently means that whites also have a problem that is due to their race.
So people view their accomplishments as a bit less impressive? Thats very significant compared to the problems of minorities.

The idea that whites are inherently privileged, even if they've been historically mistreated, such as the Irish immigrants in the 1800s and 1900s, then it must apply to all others, meaning the idea that white privilege exists simply because other races have bad stereotypes and whites don't, then the idea is inane.
Irish immigrants were very much mistreated in their time, but there are not many people in today's America that show bigotry towards the Irish. And Irish Americans dont represent that many white people in America.

For example, Eastern Europeans have been mistreated by not only their dominant government (USSR), but also by the hundreds of years of Islamic and Russia conquest that has plagued and disrupted Eastern European development, both culturally and economically. Thus, the collapse of the USSR was seen as a geo-political disaster for Eastern Europe.

Nonetheless, it's quite evident that people are generally less likely to characterize whites are violent or unintelligent, but this is not without good reason. The rate of crime from minorities is much higher than from white populations per capita, as well as the vast majority of poverty being dominated by the minority population.
Poverty is a cause of crime, and the reason minorities are in poverty are because measures like Jim Crow laws and slavery that hurt the black population. These institutions dont exist anymore but they were here not too long ago--slavery was like six generations ago. To go from slavery to equal to the descendants of your oppressors is not possible.
This in turn is called "racial profiling", which is based off of perceptions of actions and the likelihood of those actions being rather violent or detriment to the general good of the community as perceived by the general populous. It would be perfectly sound, if in a country with high crime rates from one specific population, that the remainder of the population characterized them in a way in which they are seen as criminals. This helps people avoid others who act and look the same as those that they associate with criminality, which is a very good way of providing security for yourself without outwardly harming a human.
Making generalizations is stupid.

Men commit more violent crime than women. Should we treat men differently because of that? No.

In point, there is no reason to believe that white privilege exists when minorities have destroyed their own image.
Their image was destroyed long ago by the racism of Early America.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:03:01 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

Is this an American (U.S. citizen) issue? I say this because there is a huge world out there that has much different dichotomies between blacks and whites. Do Whites get treated better in Black countries? Is there black privilege there? You are living in the past. It is time to move on. Trust me, as a white male born in Canada in the 1950's, I've seen the change and minority people have as much opportunity as whites. That may not be the case in some parts of the U.S. but it is in some. In fact, you are not going to make me feel guilty about being white by using that phrase "white privilege". What you will do is make white people start to be proud of their race. They haven't been because there was no need to because they've been on top for centuries. If they feel threatened they will band together and racial divides will get worse. So, be careful how you use that stupid, over used phrase. You don't want whites, while they're in control to start feeling like their backs are against the wall.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:06:11 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:03:01 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

Is this an American (U.S. citizen) issue? I say this because there is a huge world out there that has much different dichotomies between blacks and whites. Do Whites get treated better in Black countries? Is there black privilege there? You are living in the past. It is time to move on. Trust me, as a white male born in Canada in the 1950's, I've seen the change and minority people have as much opportunity as whites. That may not be the case in some parts of the U.S. but it is in some. In fact, you are not going to make me feel guilty about being white by using that phrase "white privilege". What you will do is make white people start to be proud of their race. They haven't been because there was no need to because they've been on top for centuries. If they feel threatened they will band together and racial divides will get worse. So, be careful how you use that stupid, over used phrase. You don't want whites, while they're in control to start feeling like their backs are against the wall.
Yes, it is an American issue.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:06:36 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

That's literally your comeback to everyone, you simply ignore them when you've been defeated and ridiculed.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:08:18 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:06:36 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

That's literally your comeback to everyone, you simply ignore them when you've been defeated and ridiculed.
Still not reading.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:10:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:55:07 AM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:35 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:19:28 AM, bhakun wrote:
White privilege exists.

Let me get this straight now, for those that disagree.

White privilege does not mean that white people have no problems, that they are handed everything, that they are never poor, or that they have very possible advantage in life, or whatever.

White privilege means that none of the problems that you do have are because of your race. Many Hispanics, African-Americans, and other minorities have problems because of their race--many are judged quickly, discriminated against, looked down upon because of their race. Slavery existed six or seven generations ago, for example, and the effects of that are still felt today. White people, for the most part, do not have these problems.

You just contradicted your entire argument in a few sentences, and that's why the idea of white privilege is philosophically inconsistent.

If white privilege exists due to the lack of good outlook on the generality of non-white ethnicity, and thus whites are therefore seen as having this privilege, which often is used as an argument to detriment them of their achievements and accomplishments as well as the confiscation of property for social justice measures, then it inherently means that whites also have a problem that is due to their race.
So people view their accomplishments as a bit less impressive? Thats very significant compared to the problems of minorities.

What is this supposed to mean or imply?


The idea that whites are inherently privileged, even if they've been historically mistreated, such as the Irish immigrants in the 1800s and 1900s, then it must apply to all others, meaning the idea that white privilege exists simply because other races have bad stereotypes and whites don't, then the idea is inane.
Irish immigrants were very much mistreated in their time, but there are not many people in today's America that show bigotry towards the Irish. And Irish Americans dont represent that many white people in America.

Not many people today show bigotry towards minorities either. It's a social taboo to do so.


For example, Eastern Europeans have been mistreated by not only their dominant government (USSR), but also by the hundreds of years of Islamic and Russia conquest that has plagued and disrupted Eastern European development, both culturally and economically. Thus, the collapse of the USSR was seen as a geo-political disaster for Eastern Europe.

Nonetheless, it's quite evident that people are generally less likely to characterize whites are violent or unintelligent, but this is not without good reason. The rate of crime from minorities is much higher than from white populations per capita, as well as the vast majority of poverty being dominated by the minority population.
Poverty is a cause of crime, and the reason minorities are in poverty are because measures like Jim Crow laws and slavery that hurt the black population. These institutions dont exist anymore but they were here not too long ago--slavery was like six generations ago. To go from slavery to equal to the descendants of your oppressors is not possible.

We've given an estimated $9 trillion to the black population in re-embursements, as well as various programs such as scholarships for minority youth, Affirmative Action, etc. The black community of today is harmed very little by the black community of 4 generations past.

This in turn is called "racial profiling", which is based off of perceptions of actions and the likelihood of those actions being rather violent or detriment to the general good of the community as perceived by the general populous. It would be perfectly sound, if in a country with high crime rates from one specific population, that the remainder of the population characterized them in a way in which they are seen as criminals. This helps people avoid others who act and look the same as those that they associate with criminality, which is a very good way of providing security for yourself without outwardly harming a human.
Making generalizations is stupid.

Then why generalize all white people as being privileged? Are you that much of a hypocrite that you cannot even realize your contradictory statements made within a time span of an hour? There's over 800+ million whites around the world, and I'm more than sure that they are not all inherently privileged.

Racial profiling as a generalization is called "statistical possibility vs. impossibility". All generalizations encompass are statistical truths that are likely to occur, such as a black youth having a much higher chance of committing murder than a white or Latino youth.


Men commit more violent crime than women. Should we treat men differently because of that? No.

In point, there is no reason to believe that white privilege exists when minorities have destroyed their own image.
Their image was destroyed long ago by the racism of Early America.

Would that same thing apply to the whites that were pillaged and burnt by Ottoman invasions for 1300 years? Would that apply to the whites still living in slavery? Would that apply to blacks selling their own people into slavery?

No, of course not, because we love to be hypocrites in the land of bhakun.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:18:13 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:08:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:06:36 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

That's literally your comeback to everyone, you simply ignore them when you've been defeated and ridiculed.
Still not reading.
You can never come up with a logical counter-argument, can you?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:23:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1

Probably too dumb to write too. Probably uses talk to text.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:24:29 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1

Her being too much of an idiot to spell is evidenced by the title "contraversial" which is incorrectly spelled. It's "controversial". This site has spell check and she can't spell correctly.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:25:28 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:24:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1

Her being too much of an idiot to spell is evidenced by the title "contraversial" which is incorrectly spelled. It's "controversial". This site has spell check and she can't spell correctly.

Would it be accurate to classify this person as a subhuman species?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:30:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:25:28 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:24:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1

Her being too much of an idiot to spell is evidenced by the title "contraversial" which is incorrectly spelled. It's "controversial". This site has spell check and she can't spell correctly.

Would it be accurate to classify this person as a subhuman species?

Parasite, more or less.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:57:28 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:30:35 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:25:28 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:24:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1

Her being too much of an idiot to spell is evidenced by the title "contraversial" which is incorrectly spelled. It's "controversial". This site has spell check and she can't spell correctly.

Would it be accurate to classify this person as a subhuman species?

Parasite, more or less.
I just read some of your argument in the debate, "Is genocide of a particular group ever morally justifiable?" [http://www.debate.org...] It kinda threw me for a loop, given your positions on race as evidenced from your posting on the forums. This quote of yours in particular:

"There's no such thing is racial inferiority. The statement itself is just one of extreme self-worth and an ignorance on the part of statistics and relevant information. Different races may attribute themselves to different environments, but by no means are they more superior to the other. The only reason why superiority plays out is because certain people, living in certain nations, happen to be wealthier, healthier, and more educated than people of others nations. This is not due to racial inferiority, but due to internal and external issues that deal with management, legislation, and customs/traditions."

makes me wonder, why are you so resistant to these ideas when you are confronted with them by members on these forums?
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:15:18 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people

Give me an example of whites being treated better than blacks.

A counter example is your post, claiming that white people are treated better. How is it treating whites better to accuse whites of benefiting from racism, and of being racist? On the contrary, it's black privilege that you targeted whites, not blacks, with your racist smears.

This example isn't about you and me. The mainstream media gives voice to the side that there's white privilege. They wont' give voice to the opposing view, because black privilege is real.
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:20:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you?

dumbed-down, rhetorical edition of white hegemony as it exists in reality.

it is to the latter as Flatland is to The Planiverse...or victorian england.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:23:18 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
exclude the normative implication from my comparison. Flatland is brilliant and a joy to read.

in that respect, "white privilege" couldn't be more different.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:28:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:20:05 AM, someloser wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you?

dumbed-down, rhetorical edition of white hegemony as it exists in reality.

it is to the latter as Flatland is to The Planiverse...or victorian england.

What is hegemony?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 4:48:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:19:28 AM, bhakun wrote:

White privilege means that none of the problems that you do have are because of your race. Many Hispanics, African-Americans, and other minorities have problems because of their race--many are judged quickly, discriminated against, looked down upon because of their race. Slavery existed six or seven generations ago, for example, and the effects of that are still felt today. White people, for the most part, do not have these problems.

This thread is a problem for whites being white....
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 5:20:01 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:57:28 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:30:35 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:25:28 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:24:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:52 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:19:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 3:02:18 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:47:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

1. The fact that you put "trigger warning" in the title proves you're a cancerous SJW.
2. Slavery was abolished in 1864, so how is that proof of whites being treated better than blacks?
3. MLK didn't die of "privilege", because assassinating someone has NOTHING to do with privilege.
4. Also, please elaborate examples of "white privilege." The vast majority of Americans do NOT hold a racial bias.
I will not even finish reading that.

Probably because you're too dumb to read.

+1

Her being too much of an idiot to spell is evidenced by the title "contraversial" which is incorrectly spelled. It's "controversial". This site has spell check and she can't spell correctly.

Would it be accurate to classify this person as a subhuman species?

Parasite, more or less.
I just read some of your argument in the debate, "Is genocide of a particular group ever morally justifiable?" [http://www.debate.org...] It kinda threw me for a loop, given your positions on race as evidenced from your posting on the forums. This quote of yours in particular:

"There's no such thing is racial inferiority. The statement itself is just one of extreme self-worth and an ignorance on the part of statistics and relevant information. Different races may attribute themselves to different environments, but by no means are they more superior to the other. The only reason why superiority plays out is because certain people, living in certain nations, happen to be wealthier, healthier, and more educated than people of others nations. This is not due to racial inferiority, but due to internal and external issues that deal with management, legislation, and customs/traditions."

makes me wonder, why are you so resistant to these ideas when you are confronted with them by members on these forums?

What a hypocrite, you're the real racist here. Remember when you were doing a mini-debate with me through our profiles? You were supporting an apartheid system of aboriginals re-taking the government, and getting the current people out of power.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 5:21:25 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 4:28:58 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/8/2016 4:20:05 AM, someloser wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you?

dumbed-down, rhetorical edition of white hegemony as it exists in reality.

it is to the latter as Flatland is to The Planiverse...or victorian england.

What is hegemony?

http://lmgtfy.com...
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 1:12:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

Consider me triggered.
Meh!
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 1:23:26 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/9/2016 1:12:53 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

Consider me triggered.

Same.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 2:48:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 1:20:13 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
What does white privilege mean to you? What it means to me is that white people get treated better than black people/ I am not saying that all white people are privileged, but I am saying that white are treated better. Look at American slavery and the civil rights struggle. Doctor King is dead because of white privilege.

I would concede that an argument could be made for black un-privilege...but bringing up slavery (which ended over 150 years ago) and the civil rights struggle (its objectives were met by the end of the 1960s) is a horrible way to make the case for such.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid