Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump to be rebuild Urban Centers

slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?

"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:20:47 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?

"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

Yes.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 1:17:26 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Drumpf's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Drumpf supporters do you believe with Drumpf that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

Bump
Meh!
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 1:50:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
someone just won the black vote
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 1:56:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Rip in Clinton's hopes and dreams at that black vote though and it is truly disgusting how they are treated in this country and it really does need to be fixed.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 4:04:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

It's so funny that Trump is the only one who can publicly take that stance, and actually follow through with it without getting any political backlash whatsoever from white voters. Any other politician would have to worry about appearing to favor one race over the other (This is absolutely the main reason why Obama was never, ever able to do anything publicly during his reign to help the Blacks, even though he was the same race)

This is why the PC culture needs to go, permanently, if that is what is holding back real hope and change for the disadvantaged in this country.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 12:44:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/9/2016 4:04:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

It's so funny that Trump is the only one who can publicly take that stance, and actually follow through with it without getting any political backlash whatsoever from white voters. Any other politician would have to worry about appearing to favor one race over the other (This is absolutely the main reason why Obama was never, ever able to do anything publicly during his reign to help the Blacks, even though he was the same race)

This is why the PC culture needs to go, permanently, if that is what is holding back real hope and change for the disadvantaged in this country.

It sounds like a wealth redistribution scheme rather than anything to do with anti pc-ness to me. Hilary would have no issues what so ever should she say she was going to rebuild Urban Centers because blacks are missing treated other than those of the right who would try demonize such policies as wealth redistribution scheme.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 3:18:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 12:44:31 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/9/2016 4:04:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

It's so funny that Trump is the only one who can publicly take that stance, and actually follow through with it without getting any political backlash whatsoever from white voters. Any other politician would have to worry about appearing to favor one race over the other (This is absolutely the main reason why Obama was never, ever able to do anything publicly during his reign to help the Blacks, even though he was the same race)

This is why the PC culture needs to go, permanently, if that is what is holding back real hope and change for the disadvantaged in this country.

It sounds like a wealth redistribution scheme rather than anything to do with anti pc-ness to me. Hilary would have no issues what so ever should she say she was going to rebuild Urban Centers because blacks are missing treated other than those of the right who would try demonize such policies as wealth redistribution scheme.

And yet, neither Obama nor Hillary have ever said or promoted that policy, largely because they have to play by the safe PC rules of race divisions. PC politicians are in a constant state of inaction because every policy and every action must pass a "safe" test. Hillary can be most closely described as a "safe" candidate. That's not a politician that will change anything. That is a status quo politician. That means the inner city Blacks will never, ever have a remote chance for opportunity under a "safe" candidate like Hillary.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 5:36:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 3:18:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:44:31 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/9/2016 4:04:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

It's so funny that Trump is the only one who can publicly take that stance, and actually follow through with it without getting any political backlash whatsoever from white voters. Any other politician would have to worry about appearing to favor one race over the other (This is absolutely the main reason why Obama was never, ever able to do anything publicly during his reign to help the Blacks, even though he was the same race)

This is why the PC culture needs to go, permanently, if that is what is holding back real hope and change for the disadvantaged in this country.

It sounds like a wealth redistribution scheme rather than anything to do with anti pc-ness to me. Hilary would have no issues what so ever should she say she was going to rebuild Urban Centers because blacks are missing treated other than those of the right who would try demonize such policies as wealth redistribution scheme.

And yet, neither Obama nor Hillary have ever said or promoted that policy, largely because they have to play by the safe PC rules of race divisions. PC politicians are in a constant state of inaction because every policy and every action must pass a "safe" test. Hillary can be most closely described as a "safe" candidate. That's not a politician that will change anything. That is a status quo politician. That means the inner city Blacks will never, ever have a remote chance for opportunity under a "safe" candidate like Hillary.

And Trump is any different? What is he going to do? Put a chicken in every poor person's pot? His tax schemes is reduce taxes and increase spending. He is not bringing any different than already used and tried economic policy. The only candidate who really had anything new economically was Cruz who wanted austerity to rule the economic day.

Maybe on the economic front we don't need anything new but the right mix of taxation, gov spendingnot and business subsidies. I do think a huge basis of Trump supports will change tunes after they understand what "rebuild Urban centers" really means. Of course that understanding would not be known until Trump became president.

I guess that leads to the question. Is he referring that he will create an economic environment that lifts all boats or is he saying he will apply direct investment into poor areas including in Education and infrastructure? What does he mean?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 6:28:06 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 5:36:41 PM, slo1 wrote:

I guess that leads to the question. Is he referring that he will create an economic environment that lifts all boats or is he saying he will apply direct investment into poor areas including in Education and infrastructure? What does he mean?

To tell you the truth...I don't care.

Trump forces the PC politicians to touch all the 3rd rails, be it immigration, or helping inner city Blacks.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Trump is king.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 8:33:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 6:28:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 5:36:41 PM, slo1 wrote:

I guess that leads to the question. Is he referring that he will create an economic environment that lifts all boats or is he saying he will apply direct investment into poor areas including in Education and infrastructure? What does he mean?

To tell you the truth...I don't care.

Trump forces the PC politicians to touch all the 3rd rails, be it immigration, or helping inner city Blacks.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Trump is king.

There is only one problem with that. Subconcious In and out group judgements drive many behaviors to the detriment of out groups. A lack of an appropriate amount of non-pc-ness perpetuates the current racial out groups. In other terms Trump can't end subconscious racism. He can only promote it. Whether it is intentional or unintentional promotion, it doesn't matter.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 8:38:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 8:33:51 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/10/2016 6:28:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 5:36:41 PM, slo1 wrote:

I guess that leads to the question. Is he referring that he will create an economic environment that lifts all boats or is he saying he will apply direct investment into poor areas including in Education and infrastructure? What does he mean?

To tell you the truth...I don't care.

Trump forces the PC politicians to touch all the 3rd rails, be it immigration, or helping inner city Blacks.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Trump is king.

There is only one problem with that. Subconcious In and out group judgements drive many behaviors to the detriment of out groups. A lack of an appropriate amount of non-pc-ness perpetuates the current racial out groups. In other terms Trump can't end subconscious racism. He can only promote it. Whether it is intentional or unintentional promotion, it doesn't matter.

PC assumes and promotes the lie that there are some racist groups and some non- racist groups, when the reality is that everyone is racist to nuanced degrees. Admitting that helps us to understand that the path forward is hegemony, not diversity. Nationalism and isolationism are great vehicles for this.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 8:56:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Separate but equal social policy should have been a ridiculous failed concept that SHOULD have gone the way of the dinosaurs with the civil rights movement, until the PC politicians breathed new life in it with the concept of encouraging diversity, which then promoted a whole slew of government supported "separate but equal" institutions, such as the inner city ghettos and inner city schools.

Both the idea of PC and the idea social diversity needs to go. Soon. We should all be fellow Americans,following the same laws, embracing the same culture, and having the same opportunities; not a collection of splinter groups with political labels living under a political system rigged to pick social winners and losers....

Trump is going to change everything.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 9:19:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/9/2016 4:04:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

It's so funny that Trump is the only one who can publicly take that stance, and actually follow through with it without getting any political backlash whatsoever from white voters. Any other politician would have to worry about appearing to favor one race over the other (This is absolutely the main reason why Obama was never, ever able to do anything publicly during his reign to help the Blacks, even though he was the same race)

This is why the PC culture needs to go, permanently, if that is what is holding back real hope and change for the disadvantaged in this country.

That us because Trump's follower's are dumbfuuck lemmings who do not think for themselves and will rally around everything he says. If Obama says that, then Obama is an evil socialist. Trump has flip flopped on almost all his issues and his supporters love it. If Trump said that we need communism his supporters would become communists, or say that he is just saying that for negotiation reasons lol.

Trump is the embodiment of the lying, pandering, media buzz culture of politics.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 9:27:29 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 12:44:31 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/9/2016 4:04:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:56:21 AM, slo1 wrote:
In Trump's speech tonight he said that African Americans have been mistreated and he committed to rebuilding urban centers and bringing jobs. Quote at very bottom.

Trump supporters do you believe with Trump that African Americans have been grossly abused and warrants government intervention to, "take care" of them?


"We're going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We're going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

It's so funny that Trump is the only one who can publicly take that stance, and actually follow through with it without getting any political backlash whatsoever from white voters. Any other politician would have to worry about appearing to favor one race over the other (This is absolutely the main reason why Obama was never, ever able to do anything publicly during his reign to help the Blacks, even though he was the same race)

This is why the PC culture needs to go, permanently, if that is what is holding back real hope and change for the disadvantaged in this country.

It sounds like a wealth redistribution scheme rather than anything to do with anti pc-ness to me. Hilary would have no issues what so ever should she say she was going to rebuild Urban Centers because blacks are missing treated other than those of the right who would try demonize such policies as wealth redistribution scheme.

It is wealth redistribution, and is the the kind of thing that conservatives would be against if anyone else said it. It is also another example of Trump having no plan and blatantly pandering. It definitely has nothing to do with PCness.

I am for wealth redistribution, but I would rather have a President who talks straight and is honest, then the biggest panderer of all time, Donald Trump. Lol, the funny thing is that his supporters think that he is the honorable candidate, and that Trump "tells it like it is", when it is the exact opposite.

Even though Trump was liberal pretty much his whole life (until right before he ran for the Republican nomination), and that Trump is the most liberal of all the Republican candidates, I would rather have a more conservative President who stands for something and tells it like it is, unlike pandering Drumpf.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 9:29:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 9:19:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If Obama says that, then Obama is an evil socialist.

That's because of the stupid PC culture. Obama should be unafraid like Bernie, not some party puppet.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 9:53:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 9:27:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Even though Trump was liberal pretty much his whole life (until right before he ran for the Republican nomination), and that Trump is the most liberal of all the Republican candidates, I would rather have a more conservative President who stands for something and tells it like it is, unlike pandering Drumpf.

That mentality has kept PC alive and kicking long past it's expiration date.
When labels and messengers are more important than actual ideas and policies and the actual message, then you know this country needs a revolution. Trump or Bernie would have ended the long dark reign of PC. Now, it falls on Trump since Bernie has been systematically eliminated by the elites.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 12:28:07 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 9:53:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:27:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Even though Trump was liberal pretty much his whole life (until right before he ran for the Republican nomination), and that Trump is the most liberal of all the Republican candidates, I would rather have a more conservative President who stands for something and tells it like it is, unlike pandering Drumpf.

That mentality has kept PC alive and kicking long past it's expiration date.
When labels and messengers are more important than actual ideas and policies and the actual message, then you know this country needs a revolution. Trump or Bernie would have ended the long dark reign of PC. Now, it falls on Trump since Bernie has been systematically eliminated by the elites.

PC is, frankly, a relatively nonexistence boogeyman that is used by people like you so that you can feel oppressed about spouting whatever obnoxious bullsh*t you want to be spouting.

For example, saying that immigrants are the problem, that mexicans are rapists, isn't "telling it like it is" fighting against PC people; it's bullsh*t.

Saying that all Muslims are out to get us and we should stop them coming; again, isn't "telling it like it is" fighting against PC people; it's bullsh*t.

Attacking women you don't like, not by arguing against women you don't like by calling them fat slobs, claiming they're being mean not because you're an a**hole, but because they're on their period, and repeatedly belittling people for their looks isn't some grand fight against the armies of the PC; it's bullsh*t.

And the fact that people like you can't tell the difference between someone opening their mouth and telling you exactly what you want to hear, and legitimate achievable actions.

After all, Trumps desire to "rebuild the inner cities" could be every bit as strong as his desire to self-fund his campaign (he isn't), or to punish women for Abortion (it took him about three days to reverse on that one), or that candidates shouldn't use teleprompters (he did), or maybe he'll state vehemently that we need to rebuild the inner cities as a matter of priority, then reverse course and dismiss it as "just a suggestion" in a few weeks.

Lets have a sense of realism here. Trump isn't going to build a wall. The country doesn't have the money, it's going to be next to impossible to actually have it paid for; he's not going to ban muslims from entering into the US (completely impractical). He isn't going to win with China; or on any other trade deals without wrecking the economy in the process. He has little understanding of the economic realities, he's indicated he doesn't fully understand things like trade deficits. Trump University shows he's either an intentional fraud, or has such poor decision making and judgement about the people he hires that you wouldn't ever want him in charge of anything important.

He's pretty much reversed on pretty much every single reason anyone has ever given to vote for him.

The problem with the country isn't being PC; it's the confusion of Non-PC with bullsh*t.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 12:37:57 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 12:28:07 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:53:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:27:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Even though Trump was liberal pretty much his whole life (until right before he ran for the Republican nomination), and that Trump is the most liberal of all the Republican candidates, I would rather have a more conservative President who stands for something and tells it like it is, unlike pandering Drumpf.

That mentality has kept PC alive and kicking long past it's expiration date.
When labels and messengers are more important than actual ideas and policies and the actual message, then you know this country needs a revolution. Trump or Bernie would have ended the long dark reign of PC. Now, it falls on Trump since Bernie has been systematically eliminated by the elites.

PC is, frankly, a relatively nonexistence boogeyman that is used by people like you so that you can feel oppressed about spouting whatever obnoxious bullsh*t you want to be spouting.

For example, saying that Illegal immigrants are the problem, that mexicans are rapists, isn't "telling it like it is" fighting against PC people; it's bullsh*t.

Except when they are a problem....

Saying that all Muslims are out to get us and we should stop them coming; again, isn't "telling it like it is" fighting against PC people; it's bullsh*t.

Except when we need to secure our borders from terrorists that are mostly from Muslim nations...
Attacking women you don't like, not by arguing against women you don't like by calling them fat slobs, claiming they're being mean not because you're an a**hole, but because they're on their period, and repeatedly belittling people for their looks isn't some grand fight against the armies of the PC; it's bullsh*t.
Except when women use a PC shield for bad behavior...


And the fact that people like you can't tell the difference between someone opening their mouth and telling you exactly what you want to hear, and legitimate achievable actions.
Except when it's a legitimate grievance that is largely silenced by the PC media...
After all, Trumps desire to "rebuild the inner cities" could be every bit as strong as his desire to self-fund his campaign (he isn't), or to punish women for Abortion (it took him about three days to reverse on that one), or that candidates shouldn't use teleprompters (he did), or maybe he'll state vehemently that we need to rebuild the inner cities as a matter of priority, then reverse course and dismiss it as "just a suggestion" in a few weeks.

Except when he actually gets support for that position...

Lets have a sense of realism here. Trump isn't going to build a wall.
Yes he will.
The country doesn't have the money
Yes it does.
It's going to be next to impossible to actually have it paid for.
Lol no.
He's not going to ban muslims from entering into the US (completely impractical).
Agree, he will enforce current laws to vet them so a temporary ban won't be necessary.

He isn't going to win with China; or on any other trade deals without wrecking the economy in the process.
He seriously can't do worse than the status quo.
He has little understanding of the economic realities, he's indicated he doesn't fully understand things like trade deficits.
That's demonstrably false, especially in relative comparison.
Trump University shows he's either an intentional fraud, or has such poor decision making and judgement about the people he hires that you wouldn't ever want him in charge of anything important.

Businessmen make mistakes, that's business.

He's pretty much reversed on pretty much every single reason anyone has ever given to vote for him.

Again, demonstrably false.

The problem with the country isn't being PC; it's the confusion of Non-PC with bullsh*t.

You don't know what PC is then.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 1:09:28 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 12:37:57 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/11/2016 12:28:07 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:53:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:27:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Even though Trump was liberal pretty much his whole life (until right before he ran for the Republican nomination), and that Trump is the most liberal of all the Republican candidates, I would rather have a more conservative President who stands for something and tells it like it is, unlike pandering Drumpf.

That mentality has kept PC alive and kicking long past it's expiration date.
When labels and messengers are more important than actual ideas and policies and the actual message, then you know this country needs a revolution. Trump or Bernie would have ended the long dark reign of PC. Now, it falls on Trump since Bernie has been systematically eliminated by the elites.

PC is, frankly, a relatively nonexistence boogeyman that is used by people like you so that you can feel oppressed about spouting whatever obnoxious bullsh*t you want to be spouting.

For example, saying that Illegal immigrants are the problem, that mexicans are rapists, isn't "telling it like it is" fighting against PC people; it's bullsh*t.

Except when they are a problem....

Which isn't now.

Saying that all Muslims are out to get us and we should stop them coming; again, isn't "telling it like it is" fighting against PC people; it's bullsh*t.

Except when we need to secure our borders from terrorists that are mostly from Muslim nations...

Which is not the same thing.

Attacking women you don't like, not by arguing against women you don't like by calling them fat slobs, claiming they're being mean not because you're an a**hole, but because they're on their period, and repeatedly belittling people for their looks isn't some grand fight against the armies of the PC; it's bullsh*t.
Except when women use a PC shield for bad behavior...

Which they don't really.


And the fact that people like you can't tell the difference between someone opening their mouth and telling you exactly what you want to hear, and legitimate achievable actions.
Except when it's a legitimate grievance that is largely silenced by the PC media...

Which they aren't really; because most of what is being said is factually untrue.

After all, Trumps desire to "rebuild the inner cities" could be every bit as strong as his desire to self-fund his campaign (he isn't), or to punish women for Abortion (it took him about three days to reverse on that one), or that candidates shouldn't use teleprompters (he did), or maybe he'll state vehemently that we need to rebuild the inner cities as a matter of priority, then reverse course and dismiss it as "just a suggestion" in a few weeks.

Except when he actually gets support for that position...

Lets have a sense of realism here. Trump isn't going to build a wall.
Yes he will.
No he's, really not.

The country doesn't have the money
Yes it does.
No it really doesn't.

It's going to be next to impossible to actually have it paid for.
Lol no.
Yes, yes it is. Even he himself said he won't necessarily do it!

He's not going to ban muslims from entering into the US (completely impractical).
Agree, he will enforce current laws to vet them so a temporary ban won't be necessary.
Which is happening now..

He isn't going to win with China; or on any other trade deals without wrecking the economy in the process.
He seriously can't do worse than the status quo.

Starting a trade war; reductions in American exports to existing trading partners, and reduction of cheap imports. Yes, he really can.

He has little understanding of the economic realities, he's indicated he doesn't fully understand things like trade deficits.
That's demonstrably false, especially in relative comparison.

No it isn't. His approach to trade is rejected by mostly every single economist; he seems to think not buying Saudi oil will make a difference (it won't, oil is Fungible), he doesn't seem to understand how trade deficits work when he made the claim that the trade deficit from Mexico could be used as leverage to build the wall. This is pretty basic stuff.

Trump University shows he's either an intentional fraud, or has such poor decision making and judgement about the people he hires that you wouldn't ever want him in charge of anything important.

Businessmen make mistakes, that's business.

Saying people would be hand picked by him; and then not hand picking them isn't a mistake, it's a lie.

He may not have known it was a fraudulent operation, but if he didn't, then he entered into a business proposition without any due diligence, business vetting; neither of which are "mistakes".

He's pretty much reversed on pretty much every single reason anyone has ever given to vote for him.

Again, demonstrably false.

Abortion; punishment for abortion; Transgender bathrooms; self-funding his own campaign; his proposal to renegotiate US debt; banning muslims coming to America; Nuclear proliferation; the Iraq War; the Afghanistan war; the Israeli-Palestinian conflict; executing torture on terrorists; he's even said his immigration stance is negotiable; Ted-Cruz; Gun control; and the "terrific woman" who "really works hard and I think she does a good job.": Hilary Clinton.

Some were not from the campaign; bust most are.

This is not including the things he's just plain lied about including, but not limited to:

Muslims celebrating the downing of the twin towers; pretending to be his own publicist; that Crime is rising; that we're allowing thousands of terrorists into the country; that he didn't know David Duke; saying that london has no-go zones; and many, many, many others.

The problem with the country isn't being PC; it's the confusion of Non-PC with bullsh*t.

You don't know what PC is then.

You can't point to a single real demonstrable issue caused by it; only massively exaggerated, naive and indeed fantasy interpretations of it where you've altered what reality actually is to meet your views based on your own confirmation bias.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 11:41:43 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
So you can see how a staunch PC supporter operates.

Step 1) Marginalize public opinion.
Step 2) Use censoring Buzzwords.
Step 3) Make the case for Authoritarianism (usually party authoritarianism) to explain why public opinion needs to be marginalized.

Censoring Buzzwords used:
Bogeyman, bullsht, people like you, the people's opinion is factually untrue (whatever that is supposed to mean)...bigot, racist...

I mean really, the Hallmark of a PC establishment supporter is the dogged belief that any change is bad and that most opinions of the people are factually wrong.... Such elitist heavy handedness, and the death of any sense of democracy.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:14:44 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 8:38:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 8:33:51 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/10/2016 6:28:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 5:36:41 PM, slo1 wrote:

I guess that leads to the question. Is he referring that he will create an economic environment that lifts all boats or is he saying he will apply direct investment into poor areas including in Education and infrastructure? What does he mean?

To tell you the truth...I don't care.

Trump forces the PC politicians to touch all the 3rd rails, be it immigration, or helping inner city Blacks.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Trump is king.

There is only one problem with that. Subconcious In and out group judgements drive many behaviors to the detriment of out groups. A lack of an appropriate amount of non-pc-ness perpetuates the current racial out groups. In other terms Trump can't end subconscious racism. He can only promote it. Whether it is intentional or unintentional promotion, it doesn't matter.

PC assumes and promotes the lie that there are some racist groups and some non- racist groups, when the reality is that everyone is racist to nuanced degrees. Admitting that helps us to understand that the path forward is hegemony, not diversity. Nationalism and isolationism are great vehicles for this.

I'm not certain how societal pressure to discontinue derogatory terms such as retarded destroys the world. If you really think political correctness is the thing that is the greatest ill in the world then we are really in trouble.

The reason I make that statement is that back lash to political correctness in its extreme forms is really a political movement of ideology as right wing affront to freedom of speech are ignored. IE: Greg Abbott ordering a non-Christian display of important historical figures surrounding the bill of rights in the cradle was mocking the Christian nativity scene by his account.

That is what a lack of diversity and respect for diversity. When you promote nationalism you promote a lack of diversity and greater societal pressure to conform to not just love of country, but religion, and other areas of individual choice.

The real threat to our country is erosion of individual rights. Radical political correctness which is a small portion of what entails of political correctness is only a small part of this erosion of rights.

PC is not going to kill us, but this anti pc movement just might because it is a political movement not a freedom movement.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:26:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 9:29:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:19:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If Obama says that, then Obama is an evil socialist.

That's because of the stupid PC culture. Obama should be unafraid like Bernie, not some party puppet.

No, it has nothing to do with PC culture. Nothing at all.

It is just that Trump panders more than anyone else.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:28:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/10/2016 9:53:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:27:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Even though Trump was liberal pretty much his whole life (until right before he ran for the Republican nomination), and that Trump is the most liberal of all the Republican candidates, I would rather have a more conservative President who stands for something and tells it like it is, unlike pandering Drumpf.

That mentality has kept PC alive and kicking long past it's expiration date.
When labels and messengers are more important than actual ideas and policies and the actual message, then you know this country needs a revolution. Trump or Bernie would have ended the long dark reign of PC. Now, it falls on Trump since Bernie has been systematically eliminated by the elites.

lol idk how pandering has anything to do with PC culture. Lol Trump is very pro PC all he does is say the "politically correct" thing to whatever group he is talking to.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:31:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 3:14:44 PM, slo1 wrote:

The real threat to our country is erosion of individual rights. Radical political correctness which is a small portion of what entails of political correctness is only a small part of this erosion of rights.

I disagree that the erosion of individual rights is a threat to the country.

The erosion of the equal application of the law (14th amendment) in the name of supporting "individual rights" has directly led to the country splintering and falling apart long before Trump was ever on the scene.

We have degraded as a country to the point where we no longer have anything intrinsically in common with our neighbors. Nobody can agree on what it means to be an American anymore. Patriotism is a dirty word, and no common ground can be reached with the hundreds of splinter groups PC endorses.

To tell you the truth, I really don't like Trump, but I hate what the establishment PC has done to the country much, much more by subverting the 14th amendment through PC and using PC to censor any talk about true equality under the law.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:32:27 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 3:26:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:29:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:19:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If Obama says that, then Obama is an evil socialist.

That's because of the stupid PC culture. Obama should be unafraid like Bernie, not some party puppet.

No, it has nothing to do with PC culture. Nothing at all.

It is just that Trump panders more than anyone else.

Then explain why Obama has not been able to do that in the last 8 years without using the name "Trump"... Go ahead...
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:36:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 3:32:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/11/2016 3:26:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:29:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:19:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If Obama says that, then Obama is an evil socialist.

That's because of the stupid PC culture. Obama should be unafraid like Bernie, not some party puppet.

No, it has nothing to do with PC culture. Nothing at all.

It is just that Trump panders more than anyone else.

Then explain why Obama has not been able to do that in the last 8 years without using the name "Trump"... Go ahead...

Obama has said that he is in favor of more government expenditure than the republicans, and stupid PC republicans label him a socialist.

Obama just does not pander as much as Trump because Obama is more of a "tell it like it is" candidate.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:39:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 3:28:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

lol idk how pandering has anything to do with PC culture. Lol Trump is very pro PC all he does is say the "politically correct" thing to whatever group he is talking to.

I also love how you defend PC by using the PC word "pander"...

Because obviously the will of the people that Trump "panders" to is somehow illegitimate because it comes from the people and not the party elites....

More PC terminology to debase the public and the people that support public opinion. Just what exactly do you have against a Populist candidate anyway? Don't you believe in democracy? Don't you believe in the value of the collective mind? Or do you think democracy is just mob rule, and we should go back to the party elites dictating how the country should be run?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:40:23 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 3:36:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 6/11/2016 3:32:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/11/2016 3:26:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:29:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/10/2016 9:19:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If Obama says that, then Obama is an evil socialist.

That's because of the stupid PC culture. Obama should be unafraid like Bernie, not some party puppet.

No, it has nothing to do with PC culture. Nothing at all.

It is just that Trump panders more than anyone else.

Then explain why Obama has not been able to do that in the last 8 years without using the name "Trump"... Go ahead...

Obama has said that he is in favor of more government expenditure than the republicans, and stupid PC republicans label him a socialist.

Obama just does not pander as much as Trump because Obama is more of a "tell it like it is" candidate.

Yup, it's impossible for you to explain Obama without using Trump. That's a real problem in your thinking.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 3:46:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/11/2016 3:39:31 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/11/2016 3:28:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

lol idk how pandering has anything to do with PC culture. Lol Trump is very pro PC all he does is say the "politically correct" thing to whatever group he is talking to.

I also love how you defend PC by using the PC word "pander"...

Because obviously the will of the people that Trump "panders" to is somehow illegitimate because it comes from the people and not the party elites....

More PC terminology to debase the public and the people that support public opinion. Just what exactly do you have against a Populist candidate anyway? Don't you believe in democracy? Don't you believe in the value of the collective mind? Or do you think democracy is just mob rule, and we should go back to the party elites dictating how the country should be run?

I am not against a populist candidate, just against Trump because of his blatant pandering. I believe that democracy is the worst system except for all the others. One downfall of Democracy is that a candidate can lie, pander and dupe people to get votes. A candidate cannot be for lowering and raising minimum wage at the same time,. A candidate cannot be for conservative and liberal social issues at the same time. I candidate cannot be for cutting back on the military budget and building the biggest military ever at the same time.

I believe a candidate should "tell it like it is" and stand for something, and not be a blatant snake oil salesman like Trump.