Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

The true reason drugs are illegal

smelisox
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 8:25:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

Yup.

"One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine."

http://www.cnn.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 8:40:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:25:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

Yup.

"One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine."

http://www.cnn.com...

We aren't even taking ehrlichman's word for this. We are taking Baum's word. Baum was looking through old notes and say they sparked his memory. He just happened to remember something specific said 22 years ago. Even if there is no motive to lie, Baum is trusting his memory on this, and he is also trusting 2nd hand information on top of that.

There is the obvious motive of this being a huge story as well, because the media quite honestly cares more about sensationalism than honesty, and seeing as how Baum is quoting a dead guy who can't defend himself and the media is not responsible for lible as they just reported what Baum said there is motive to share shaky information and there is no downside of it. Baum himself has a bunch of upside. Paid interviews, perhaps job offers because he is all of a sudden important again, etc.

It should be notes that Ehrlickman's kids according to the same article call Baum full of crap, and say there dad has never said anything like that around them. That they believe it is untrue.

Let me share something about a Republican philosophy who everyone who isn't a Libertarian in the party adheres to. The philosopby is that government should be used to insure the culture of society stays good. They believe a decline in culture leads to the downfall of a nation and that the government is responsible for ensuring that doesn't occur. The drug policies though I disagree with them are consistent with conservative philosophy, and that seems like the more likely reason that they were passed.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 8:44:10 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

The prohibitionist culture, especially in the early 20th-century, exists without any regard to the negro problem. Maybe it's just a benefit of prohibition that it's a handy tool to take criminals off the street. It's a lot easier to arrest someone for drug possession than for stolen money possession, because the drugs are illegal without question.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 12:31:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

This is old news, we already knew this.
ofmega
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 1:43:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
If you are a convicted felon, you are not allowed to vote. I don't know exactly what you have to be convicted of though.
It possible that hippies and blacks were charged with drug related crimes and offered deals where they could get out of jail for pleading guilty?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 1:19:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:40:25 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/11/2016 8:25:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

Yup.

"One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine."

http://www.cnn.com...

We aren't even taking ehrlichman's word for this. We are taking Baum's word. Baum was looking through old notes and say they sparked his memory. He just happened to remember something specific said 22 years ago. Even if there is no motive to lie, Baum is trusting his memory on this, and he is also trusting 2nd hand information on top of that.

There is the obvious motive of this being a huge story as well, because the media quite honestly cares more about sensationalism than honesty, and seeing as how Baum is quoting a dead guy who can't defend himself and the media is not responsible for lible as they just reported what Baum said there is motive to share shaky information and there is no downside of it. Baum himself has a bunch of upside. Paid interviews, perhaps job offers because he is all of a sudden important again, etc.

It should be notes that Ehrlickman's kids according to the same article call Baum full of crap, and say there dad has never said anything like that around them. That they believe it is untrue.

Let me share something about a Republican philosophy who everyone who isn't a Libertarian in the party adheres to. The philosopby is that government should be used to insure the culture of society stays good. They believe a decline in culture leads to the downfall of a nation and that the government is responsible for ensuring that doesn't occur. The drug policies though I disagree with them are consistent with conservative philosophy, and that seems like the more likely reason that they were passed.

While there also may have been some good intentions the War on Drugs, it has been very ineffective and makes society worse. The War on Drugs makes the government bigger and gives it more power, and I believe this definitely was and is appealing to those who support the war on drugs.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 1:57:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
While there also may have been some good intentions the War on Drugs, it has been very ineffective and makes society worse. The War on Drugs makes the government bigger and gives it more power, and I believe this definitely was and is appealing to those who support the war on drugs.

I agree but am starting to get more moderate as scary as thay is
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 4:04:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/12/2016 1:19:37 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

While there also may have been some good intentions the War on Drugs, it has been very ineffective and makes society worse. The War on Drugs makes the government bigger and gives it more power, and I believe this definitely was and is appealing to those who support the war on drugs.

Now this...this is authoritarianism...

+1
elatia.g
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 1:20:20 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Not only that. It also serves the interest of the big pharma companies, who can sell people meds at a high cost, since people risk being arrested if they self-medicate. Also, the private prisons need to keep their cells full in order to turn a profit. What better way to do so than to criminalize a harmless activity that many engage in?
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 3:01:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/13/2016 1:20:20 AM, elatia.g wrote:
Not only that. It also serves the interest of the big pharma companies, who can sell people meds at a high cost, since people risk being arrested if they self-medicate. Also, the private prisons need to keep their cells full in order to turn a profit. What better way to do so than to criminalize a harmless activity that many engage in?

Big pharma? Oh my gosh, are you that gullible to believe in such nonsense?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 3:58:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

Or because the United States government are the biggest drug dealers on planet Earth, and...they can get an extra cut by targeting the poor and minorities, while ignoring priveleged drug users at all codts. It's a war minorities and the poor to balance the manial spending of the U.S. government. And just a bit, accidently gets slipped in their own pockets....
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 4:53:36 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Liberals/Democrats still favor prohibition of drugs. They might favor legalization of marijuana, but they favor practical criminalizing tobacco. Americans are fined for smoking (high cigarette taxes). Democrats stand behind prohibition of "hard drugs". Democrats are also against efforts to remove prescription requirements to drugs (every time the FDA moves to do this, Democrats scream).

Eric "I can't breath" Garner is a victim of the Democrat's war on drugs.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 9:53:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:20:08 PM, smelisox wrote:
Because black people and hippies used them. By criminalising them, their votes were removed. The negroes were put to work afterwards, as slavery was reborn.

Or that drugs are extremely damaging to both individual people, and society as a whole?
Meh!