Jump to topic:

Omar Mateen's (insane) father

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 8:47:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
In his Facebook videos, the alleged gunman's father has often appeared wearing a military uniform and declaring himself the leader of a "transitional revolutionary government" of Afghanistan. He claims to have his own intelligence agency and close ties to the U.S. Congress -- assets he says he will use to subvert Pakistani influence and take control of Afghanistan.

After watching his videos -- none of which were recorded in English -- CBS News' Ahmad Mukhtar said it seemed possible that Seddique Mateen is delusional. "He thinks he runs a government in exile and will soon take the power in Kabul in a revolution," notes Mukhtar.

http://www.cbsnews.com...

Uh...thoughts on that?

I think it's clear where the shooter got his views from - he didn't need ISIS to radicalize him.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 9:18:25 PM
At 6/13/2016 8:47:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
In his Facebook videos, the alleged gunman's father has often appeared wearing a military uniform and declaring himself the leader of a "transitional revolutionary government" of Afghanistan. He claims to have his own intelligence agency and close ties to the U.S. Congress -- assets he says he will use to subvert Pakistani influence and take control of Afghanistan.

After watching his videos -- none of which were recorded in English -- CBS News' Ahmad Mukhtar said it seemed possible that Seddique Mateen is delusional. "He thinks he runs a government in exile and will soon take the power in Kabul in a revolution," notes Mukhtar.

Uh...thoughts on that?

I think it's clear where the shooter got his views from - he didn't need ISIS to radicalize him.

His father is simply trying to put the blame on his son's behavior and pretend as if it's just an accident. You can see in his face, there is no real regret. He's trying to hush off any suspicion.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 9:18:58 PM
At 6/13/2016 9:18:25 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Uh...thoughts on that?

His father is simply trying to put the blame on his son's behavior and pretend as if it's just an accident. You can see in his face, there is no real regret. He's trying to hush off any suspicion.

I couldn't help but noting this, but his dad looks almost like Saddam Hussein.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 9:25:52 PM

Uh...thoughts on that?

That's what I thought as well.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 9:27:31 PM

Where'd you get your antisemitism from?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 9:49:46 PM

Uh...thoughts on that?

Yea. That is... Expected???
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:26:17 PM
At 6/13/2016 9:49:46 PM, TBR wrote:

Uh...thoughts on that?

Yea. That is... Expected???

No. A lot of news sources focus on what ties Omar could have had with foreign radicals, when the problem was so obviously under their noses in all respects.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 9:47:25 AM
At 6/13/2016 9:18:58 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Uh...thoughts on that?

I couldn't help but noting this, but his dad looks almost like Saddam Hussein.

Someone alert the media!
Meh!